Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
make the crazy guy a mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I do wish you didn't edit his posts out, this is endlessly fascinating. :f5:

But you deserve every cent from his stupid dummy account reregs, hope you get that at least

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

City of Tampa posted:

make the crazy guy a mod

But you repeat yourself

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Is he using the same card for each transaction? Can you block that particular card/complain to the bank that issued the card? These are probably really obvious questions with obvious answers that you've already done but I'd like to know :shrug:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I think its cool that these forums function as flypaper for internet people with severe chemical imbalances

D&D is the roach motel.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I think its cool that these forums function as flypaper for internet people with severe chemical imbalances

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cuckoo posted:

I do wish you didn't edit his posts out, this is endlessly fascinating. :f5:

But you deserve every cent from his stupid dummy account reregs, hope you get that at least

Goons can't help ourselves, if we see the posts we need to reply to the posts. It's probably best if he doesn't get any response at all to his attempts to communicate.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This is one plum of a pickle them Lowtaxes find themselves in. Makes a workin' wanna drink a chocolate milk.:clint:

Seriously though, this sucks for yall. My goondolences.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
people like to talk up the canadian healthcare system but its really only great if u have a broken bone or early stage cancers. if ur mentally ill they just boot you on to the street with some pamphlets about shelters

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I will capture, torture, tag and release the crazy guy. Please let me know what u want done to him. I have at my disposal

1. Tweezers

2. Kitchen propane torch

3. Wrench

4. Muscle relaxers

5. Needle nose pliers

6. Rubber mallet

7. Sous vide water bath at 200f

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Flesh Forge posted:

Is he using the same card for each transaction? Can you block that particular card/complain to the bank that issued the card? These are probably really obvious questions with obvious answers that you've already done but I'd like to know :shrug:

no, they've already explained it's encrypted end-to-end so blocking particular card numbers is impossible on their end and comes down to the bank on the customer's end

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

no, they've already explained it's encrypted end-to-end so blocking particular card numbers is impossible on their end and comes down to the bank on the customer's end

Is it wise to make this information public?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Jst0rm posted:

Is it wise to make this information public?

Ambien and Lowtax made it public themselves upthread

it's funny to me how people seem to think Lowtax is a drooling idiot that hasn't looked into blocking CC numbers or trying to settle this situation privately and that he just decided to flip out on this guy out of a sense of brutish malice

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it's funny to me how people seem to think Lowtax is a drooling idiot that hasn't looked into blocking CC numbers or trying to settle this situation privately and that he just decided to flip out on this guy out of a sense of brutish malice

It's nice Lady Ambien is here to politely thank us all for our dumb, obvious suggestions though. Marrying a polite Canadian was a good move, IMO.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

This is a scheme to drum up interested in the forum

lord waffle beard

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh, I've got it! Stop taking credit cards, instead accept only bitcoin. No chargebacks!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Angela Christine posted:

Oh, I've got it! Stop taking credit cards, instead accept only bitcoin. No chargebacks!

:buddy:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

bring back old gbs posted:

people like to talk up the canadian healthcare system but its really only great if u have a broken bone or early stage cancers. if ur mentally ill they just boot you on to the street with some pamphlets about shelters

The first time I went to Toronto, when I got out of the car a street woman shouted at me "You've got porky pig jellybeans in your arteries and that's why you don't pee right!", then resumed scribbling in her notebook, presumably about Lowtax.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

The first time I went to Toronto, when I got out of the car a street woman shouted at me "You've got porky pig jellybeans in your arteries and that's why you don't pee right!", then resumed scribbling in her notebook, presumably about Lowtax.

you should get that checked out

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
hm. have you tried turning it off and on again

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Tell us more about your Canadian road trip with your mother.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Nigmaetcetera posted:

That was just Rob Ford.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

hm. have you tried turning it off and on again

Several times. Forums on, forums off.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

this whole thread has been p funny

i sure do hope people don't try to actually RL harass this fool that's kind of just as creepy as registering 400 accounts and honking the forums until lowtax sheds a tear

oh and spotted this

LadyAmbien posted:

Goku Ambien Kyanka, but Lauren wants to name her Athena Little Egg Kyanka. It's a toss up.

:3:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Infidel Castro posted:

Tell us more about your Canadian road trip with your mother.

It's normal to go on a road trip with your mom when you're 10.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dad gay. so what posted:

lord waffle beard

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
doobie was finally able to get his revenge on the forums

all you bad froggers are goin to pay, get 'em Alex

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

dad gay. so what posted:

lord waffle beard

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
It feels like old GBS in here again.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nooner posted:

mods knew......

God bless us and keep us my friend Nooner is back :)

Bipolar Transistor
Feb 21, 2016

I said a flip, flop, the hippie the hippie to the flip flop flop, you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

Lowtax posted:

Again, no billing or personal info is handled on our end. We can only use the tools Authorize.net and CDG Commerce offer, and neither of them allow blocking certain cards or addresses or names.

This isn't 100% accurate - depending on your integration with Authorize.Net. Check your daily velocity settings - you should be able to at the very least put a threshold for maximum purchases for this credit card per day. That would at least be a stopgap when implementing another solution.

I only made it through a couple of pages and decided I would send you a quick message - as well as a quick point that I didn't mention in the PM.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yea, Canadian doctors are pretty weird.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Bipolar Transistor posted:

This isn't 100% accurate - depending on your integration with Authorize.Net. Check your daily velocity settings - you should be able to at the very least put a threshold for maximum purchases for this credit card per day. That would at least be a stopgap when implementing another solution.

I only made it through a couple of pages and decided I would send you a quick message - as well as a quick point that I didn't mention in the PM.

see now this is a helpful suggestion

Bipolar Transistor
Feb 21, 2016

I said a flip, flop, the hippie the hippie to the flip flop flop, you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

see now this is a helpful suggestion

sorry

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sorry to be an idiot, but how does this chargeback thing work?

Is he registering, paying the $10, posting till he gets banned and then calling his credit card company/paypal and asking for the money back? Has he done this over 40 times?

If so, then I believe that young Mister Levert is a fuckknuckle. If not, then he is just a tool.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry to be an idiot, but how does this chargeback thing work?

Is he registering, paying the $10, posting till he gets banned and then calling his credit card company/paypal and asking for the money back? Has he done this over 40 times?

If so, then I believe that young Mister Levert is a fuckknuckle. If not, then he is just a tool.

idiot

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Just give him a thread to post whatever crazy bullshit he wants till you guys hear from his bank. Better to quarantine him to a small pen rather than endlessly fighting reregs.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

That's why I was careful to say "this is probably really obvious and I'm the dumb one on the topic"

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Phone bomb them until they call the police. Then you have local police involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Have you tried hiring lobbyists to lobby congress to shut off internet access to Canadians

• Locked thread