Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Could they be marked as samples too? Since, well, this was never a retail endeavour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Geektox posted:

If the value is declared as less than $20 they are duty exempt. If you declare an item as a gift then there needs to be a note or a card or something that indicates it is a gift which is generally more trouble than it's worth.
Worth pointing out different countries have wildly different limits. Canada is definitely the lowest I've seen -- US seems to be at least $200 so won't be an issue for anyone there.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I have no idea what sort of customs protocols apply in other countries. I won't be marking anything as a gift.... However, when writing down te value, we have to remember that these things certainly aren't pieces of fine art and have a resale value of pretty much nil. Packages will therefore be marked accordingly.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Also remember to label them as printed media/magazines/books/whatever (which is true and nothing but the truth, really). Generally speaking customs tend to be more relaxed for printed stuff than electronics or more comercial goods. At least around here books and magazines have no import taxes, while everything else is tackled with roughly 100% of total value (including shipping) on import duties, regardless if it's a gift or total value. I've paid taxes on stuff that was less than 10 dollars AND marked as gift :(

Primo Itch fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 2, 2016

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

How do you know where to ship the zines btw? I didn't see an address field when I singed up.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

bobmarleysghost posted:

How do you know where to ship the zines btw? I didn't see an address field when I singed up.

I think he has to send out an address survey later when he's ready to ship them. I don't think the printing is done yet.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

alkanphel posted:

I think he has to send out an address survey later when he's ready to ship them. I don't think the printing is done yet.

Ah yea I remember you said this already on irc. Totally forgot about it.
Danke

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
yeah, hurry up I'm nearly out of toilet paper

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

alkanphel posted:

This is it. I'm expecting funds to be released in the next few days and then I can send out address surveys and start he printing process.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Will it be possible to buy extra copies? If so, when is the deadline? I have a couple of worthless friends who procrastinated too long and didn't buy into the kickstarter before it ended.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

BANME.sh posted:

Will it be possible to buy extra copies? If so, when is the deadline? I have a couple of worthless friends who procrastinated too long and didn't buy into the kickstarter before it ended.

There's only one print run and it'll be happening next week sometime.

They'll need to PayPal me appropriate funds including shipping this week if they want a copy. (Email me at Garbutt at gmail dot com and I can send a PayPal request.) I may have some spares left over at the end of everything but that depends on whether any get lost in the mail.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Kick starter just sent me some thousands of dollars... So I guess production can begin on this sad publication.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
brb adding *!*PUBLISHED ART PHOTOGRAPHER*!* to my Linkedin

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

This is great news. This is a good idea. Let's get #dorkroomzine trending now.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

8th-snype posted:

Yay now we can endorse each other

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I better be endorsed for "light sculpting" or "photon artistry" :argh:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't know what art means to me.

*Fumbles loading film into camera*

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

I better be endorsed for "light sculpting" or "photon artistry" :argh:

"silver halide shitfuckery"

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Well, I got my address sent in, excited to see a zine in 6-14 months (based on what I've seen of auspost)

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
i think you should add a no refunds clause if auspost fails to deliver half of them this decade

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

8th-snype posted:

It's already on my portfolio and I don't give a gently caress!

But you guys complaining about Auspost is scaring me. One lovely postal service (Brazil) to go throught is enough...

Primo Itch fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 17, 2016

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Nah Auspost ain't so bad. I'll have a backup plan if anything legit disappears in the post anyway.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is it drinking?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

elgarbo posted:

Nah Auspost ain't so bad. I'll have a backup plan if anything legit disappears in the post anyway.

I used to live a 5 minute walk from one of their distribution centers and they still never got stuff delivered on time. Maybe they've got better recently tho

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I used to live a 5 minute walk from one of their distribution centers and they still never got stuff delivered on time. Maybe they've got better recently tho

Well there's your problem. Nobody walks to or from a postal distribution center, your house was too close. Somebody looks at the postal code and all they see is the distribution center's neighbourhood, so your stuff endlessly loops around inside their system.

I put in my name & address, and I'm actually hoping it's at least a month late - I'll be away for half of April and all of May, though if it does show up in that time I'll figure out how to get it.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Bump.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

All things going to plan, I'll get the zines this week and then begin the postal apocalypse.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

elgarbo posted:

All things going to plan, I'll get the zines this week and then begin the postal apocalypse.

Awwwyeah :gizz:

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

elgarbo posted:

Nah Auspost ain't so bad.

r u high

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I have been told that our zines are queued up to be printed tomorrow.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

elgarbo posted:

I have been told that our zines are queued up to be printed tomorrow.

Yesss

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Just put an update on Kickstarter; here's the most important bits of it for anyone who can't be bothered going there or reading their emails..

We're running a little behind schedule (problems with the printers - isn't that always the way? Allegedly a printer broke down in the middle of a midnight printing session while the covers of our zines were being produced.) Aaaaanyway... that little delay set production back by about a week.

However, I've been informed that everything is good again and, assuming there are no more issues, the zines will be couriered out to me early this week, at which point I have the life-affirming joy of posting out a bajillion packages.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Sent you a PM requesting a ship-to address change - I'll be travelling for the next 6 weeks so I'd like you send mine to my parents.

Hopefully they won't open the package and suffer the crushing realization about what their son has become.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

ExecuDork posted:

Sent you a PM requesting a ship-to address change - I'll be travelling for the next 6 weeks so I'd like you send mine to my parents.

Hopefully they won't open the package and suffer the crushing realization about what their son has become.

Just ask elgarbo to add a note saying this is some new limited edition toilet paper.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

FINE ART IS HERE

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
:siren::goshawk::siren:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

:eyepop:

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Hot drat!!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

elgarbo posted:

FINE ART IS HERE

No bare foot in the frame, 6/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

• Locked thread