Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Enjoying the Castor so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

http://oddshot.tv/shot/esl-csgo-20160313232712170

Finally Niko carries mouz to beat fnatic, their first loss on D2 all year.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
to add to mousechat: Logitech's G303 is light, colorful if you want it that way, amazing for a claw gripper like myself, and the optical sensor in it has plenty of nerds going on about why it's the best one out there right now

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Photex posted:

What phones does the steam app not work on?

The app isn't available on the iOS App Store in some countries. It's annoying when I have to change my address and payment method to a US one on my apple account every time I need to update the lovely steam application.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Kind of awkward to have some American guy screaming in a high pitched voice at a Brazilian player demanding to know why he didn't set max ping to 80, then the Brazilian player with 148 ping does better than him

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I love my G502, it's comfy as hell, and it lets me binds loads of poo poo to it's really easy to use buttons.

Also, can't you just get an android emulator for the authenticator and just run it on your computer? It's how I ran my Clash of Clans guild (SHOWMEYOURPEKKA 5ever :911:)

edit: Yeah, you totally can. This should be in the OP imo https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/492378806376683397/

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 14, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Photex posted:

MY BOYS

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I suppose.

Good job, Mouz.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Photex posted:

you forgot about the part where it was 12-3 fnatic at the half, then they do a 3v5 retake on pistol at b and lose the round because flusha has no kit and can't find the bomb for like 4 seconds

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 26, 2021

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Xenaero posted:

Enjoying the Castor so far.

Glad to hear it. I'm in the same boat, I'm enjoying every second of it. I liked my prior mice, but this one takes all of the things I liked about them and just mashes them together.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

harrygomm posted:

lmao no its not. it only needs to be once a session not literally every 3 cent item i put up back to back to back

All it takes is for one knife to avoid being put on the market for 5 cents to make someone change their tune as to how universal sales confirmations is a good thing

Of course if you only own 3 cent skins then yeah it's understandable that valve making you work harder to earn your penny is an affront to all that is holy and should be reverted right away. And if you invested in P250 | Sand Dunes or whatever then well you got exactly the hell you deserved.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
my p250 sand dune investments are going to pay dividends one of these days, just you wait

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

If you're dumb enough to accidentally list a knife at 3 cents you don't deserve money.

Safeguarding stupid is stupid.

e: Holy gently caress. I have to confirm via email and mobile auth for each loving listing.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 14, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

How does all this authentication poo poo work with the betting sites, don't they have like a billion bot accounts taking trades? Or does it not matter for that.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Photex posted:

Didn't even drop 38 this game, what a noob

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Goofballs posted:

How does all this authentication poo poo work with the betting sites, don't they have like a billion bot accounts taking trades? Or does it not matter for that.

You can, *gasp*, write scripts for that. Almost as if they were fully automated entities of a sort.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Smol posted:

Didn't even drop 38 this game, what a noob

he dropped 40+ against fnatic before, Niko is the definition of carry.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It was a nice result for Mouz to some back from 12-3 down but fnatic were loving around across both maps from the beginning and never really stopped. Just constantly looking for aim battles and testing out ultra-aggressive pushes.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

fennesz posted:

I don't have a smart phone so I have plausible deniability as to why I don't read coworkers emails outside of work :v:

That sounds like a smart phone to have, to be honest. I have to outright tell my coworkers I don't care, tends to provoke tension from the ones who take it personally

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 26, 2021

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So having played on ESEA EU for a little over a week with the trial key kindly donated by turk, I have to say I'm impressed. Everyone is a lot better than me on there, but for the most part people have been friendly, not stressy, and communicative. There was even a girl on my team in one of the games,- who wiped the floor with everyone- and noone so much as passed comment on it. Just good vibes all round.

trouble is, now MM seems even more like a toxic pile of poo poo.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

fennesz posted:

Safeguarding stupid is stupid.

Gonna go ahead and guess you don't deal with customer support for your job.

E: Valve has millions of entitled babies screaming at them every time they're allowed to make a bad decision, and that is who Valve make their money off of. I doubt it was a hard decision for them.

surc fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 14, 2016

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

harrygomm posted:

this sound like passing the buck, not a need for intervention of someone else to watch out for me

also lol that you can't tell the difference between hitting 6 buttons to sell your skin vs 3 and need what should be a security measure to be malformed into what should be, if anything, an optional feature

It's there to prevent Russians with literally nothing to do all day other than phosh for accounts from getting access to an account and selling all of the items for 2c to their buddy, not to prevent counting errors.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

harrygomm posted:

this sound like passing the buck, not a need for intervention of someone else to watch out for me

also lol that you can't tell the difference between hitting 6 buttons to sell your skin vs 3 and need what should be a security measure to be malformed into what should be, if anything, an optional feature

Well if you're always sober and 100% on point then by all means go in dry, not like I or anyone ultimately cares if you do or don't make a mistake like I almost did. Unless you have the poor sense to post about it then lol what a dummy, or are working at Steam Support and have to deal with the mountain of cases created by people making dumb and dumber mistakes.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Sigma-X posted:

It's there to prevent Russians with literally nothing to do all day other than phosh for accounts from getting access to an account and selling all of the items for 2c to their buddy, not to prevent counting errors.

Its exactly what this guy is saying and i genuinely thought some of you werent saying the correct answer for the sake of some really bad comedy

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Whether or not its the correct reason, accounts using authenticator still get phished This helps alleviate ones that only need the password, but it doesn't truly solve the issue which is a shame.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

One esea cheater down...

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 26, 2021

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
The news today had a story about a 13-year old norwegian kid stealing $3700 in cash from his dad's inheritance money to buy steam gift cards at gamestop, bought skins with it and gambled it all away

I love the internet

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder how much longer kids will get away with this sort of thing before regulation becomes even stricter and more heavy handed.

e: thinking about it I wonder what the store thought about some random 13 year old popping in to drop a few grand in cash to buy steam gift cards.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

accounts using authenticator still get phished

To be fair, the number of people that manage to get phished like this is phenomenally low. You'd have to send your password and a currently active code to a "valve employee" and have them receive the email and act on it before the code expires. (30s?) Even with the grace period and a script doing the last part, it's going to fail more often than not.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

nftyw posted:

e: thinking about it I wonder what the store thought about some random 13 year old popping in to drop a few grand in cash to buy steam gift cards.

Apparently he did it over the course of like 10 visits rather than all at once, but yeah

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Depths posted:

One esea cheater down...

lol good job pissing away ~$300

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Most people are complaining because they're lazy fucks not because they own a windows phone lol

Yeah I have a Galaxy S5, so it's just laziness. Just feels like a dumb hassle for fake items and fake money.

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
Yesterday I got kicked from an MM game because I called out another team member for being toxic and trying to tear other people down. Naturally, he was a bottom fragging MG1 in a match full of GNM.

I don't get it. Why play if you can't have fun? :shrug:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Photex posted:

he dropped 40+ against fnatic before, Niko is the definition of carry.

That was an overtime game. He had 38 kills after regular time.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Arf do south american people call the auto "Teco Teco" ?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Dongicus posted:

Arf do south american people call the auto "Teco Teco" ?

Yeah and it sounds dumb as gently caress imo i think its originally a br term that spread, in 1.6 i just heard "automática"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
There is an arg slang that i never deciphered cause i thought was really dumb but it was related to a sniper rifle, "matagatos". Gato means cat but it can also mean a slutty woman, effeminate man, selfish, rear end in a top hat or some rando. I guess depending on the context it can be understood as fagkiller or whoremurderer? Dunno, its all so lame and gay...