Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Also this season really does not need one to know that the Venture Bros. are clones whereas it was a rather important thing in season 4 and 5. In season 4, the clone slugs were just destroyed and this impacted the way Rusty lived. In season 5 is when the brothers discover they're clones, which leads to some comments by Dean which don't make too much sense otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ohtsam posted:

But silence was his penance and he was silent already when working for dr. venture which makes it more likely it was the Morpho

Yeah, it would make more sense then that the "great man" that Kano took from the world was the Blue Morpho, which is why he has his vow of silence while being on Team Venture. I'm guessing it was an accident (the plane crash)

I like the Blue Morpho = Vendata theory

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I was rewatching Tanks for Nuthin' just now and decided to screengrab the little screen that pops up when Think Tank looks at Brock:

What I found interesting was the list of nicknames at the bottom of the screen. Not only are all of these in a database somewhere, but they're mostly names that I recognize as other OSI characters using. At first I assumed it was Shore Leave entering these names. Shore Leave has definitely used Brock of Ages, Brocodile, Block Lobster, and Brock Ness Monster. Brock was Agent Topanga Lawrence at the OSI/Sphinx/GCI summit back when Agent Zero was kidnapping people, so Shore Leave probably wouldn't have known about that one (since he was kidnapped at the time). But Hunter would have

Jesus Tralfaz was the name on the ID card that he gave to that cop right after he killed that Batman-loving assassin, right after Rusty found the orb. I'm pretty certain that Hunter gave him that ID in the strip club.

The most incriminating one is "Babe Ruthless", which Hunter used during the Sphinx reveal to Brock.

So I think Hunter probably inserted most of the aliases into the OSI database, which is hilarious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
One thing about Kano is thst he is in every incarnation of Team Venture we've seen including the Swifty/Hector era.

I like the idea of Jonas and Blue Morpho being like old buddies, like they went to prep school together or their fathers were friends and adventure pals.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Jesus Tralfaz is the identity Hunter gave Brock in the strip club.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
The only one that I don't know about is Thinkulese.

I posted before that I think it was a mistake--Hunter calls Brock "Thinkenstein" at the end of "Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel," and that is missing from the list. But, Thinkulese has the same first syllable and I can't place it anywhere.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

tarlibone posted:

The only one that I don't know about is Thinkulese.

I posted before that I think it was a mistake--Hunter calls Brock "Thinkenstein" at the end of "Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel," and that is missing from the list. But, Thinkulese has the same first syllable and I can't place it anywhere.

Thinkulese came from timothy treister during the meeting to figure out who was capturing sidekicks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Rusty is so much worse than JJ at technical stuff that he can't even figure out how to turn off his hologram alarm clock.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Things Rusty is good at:

- Creating odd cocktails
- Cloning
- Genetic enhancement/modification
- Experimentation resulting in pleasurable outcomes
- Bypassing safety/regulations/moral codes
- Utilizing/maintaining/adapting 30-year old (and older) technology
- Re-animating the dead into malleable but simple drones; combing pieces of numerous corpses into a single drone

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Rusty is so much worse than JJ at technical stuff that he can't even figure out how to turn off his hologram alarm clock.

It's more that he pretty much stopped bothering keeping up with new technology after sometime in the 80s or 90s, and it's been biting him in the rear end to varying degrees for almost the entire series

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I mean it's not his fault, I think that Jonas's untimely death had a lot to do with it. Instead of being able to figure out what it was that he wanted to do with his life, Rusty immediately got thrown into being the caretaker of his Dad's estate.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Yeah, Rusty isn't inherently incompetent or evil, just that in some ways he's still in the super science niche the previous Ventures carved out for him, and unlike JJ, who was able to adapt to the time, Rusty would rather stick to his (ray)guns and do things the way his dad did.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
And let's not forget that Rusty's time with his dad was filled to the brim with superscience lessons. He spent most of his childhood running from grown-ups who were kidnapping him, being in a generally kidnapped state, and being dragged all over God's creation and exposed to hundreds of different cultures that wanted to kidnap him.

He didn't have a lot of time to learn how to do science as a kid, and his college years were cut short.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think it also helped that JJ in order to break into super science, JJ had to learn everything. When he was learning everything for the first time and it just happened to be all modern stuff. Rusty has to relearn everything which is a lot harder.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
They're sticking to the story that the Monarch's henchman kidnapped Gary /21.

https://www.facebook.com/adultswim/videos/10153913946686745/

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tarlibone posted:

He spent most of his childhood running from grown-ups who were kidnapping him, being in a generally kidnapped state, and being dragged all over God's creation and exposed to hundreds of different cultures that wanted to kidnap him.

I was thinking about this rewatching the first episode when Enzo spits in Rusty's face and he stopped Brock from doing anything.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Comrade Quack posted:

They're sticking to the story that the Monarch's henchman kidnapped Gary /21.

https://www.facebook.com/adultswim/videos/10153913946686745/

Is this from a longer series? This rules.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think tonight's episode has some kind of recap going on. There's a video of the Monarch explaining levels and then we have this thing with 21 explaining his origin.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Wow. I've never seen that before! Also, Ben Nighthorse Campbell was the senator for my district growing up :v:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kesper North posted:

Wow. I've never seen that before! Also, Ben Nighthorse Campbell was the senator for my district growing up :v:

Which district is that?(on phone so can't be bothered to go look that up right now)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess that confirms they are from Colorado.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Heeere we go

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Well that's a way to start an episode

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
That's how you start an episode.

Edit: Frickin ninja

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

This episode is already the gold standard in gold standards

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch getting the Goodfellas monologue.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Like a resplendent blue tomato!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I love how Dragoon seems to be gong senile

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
You can bet your sweet Bippy

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ahahah Christopher Lambert

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The guy had sex with Diane Lane! Multiple times!

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
21's gonna pussy out and ruin everything.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God I love this show

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
There's no job too dirty for BM to take!

I love how much Paul F. Tompkins is getting to do here, but then I love everything he does.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's crazy how much style they put into this show

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It's amazing that Rusty turned out as "well" as he did.

Also that was Paul F. Tompkins there as Turnbuckle too!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Why can't this episode be three hours long

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
So he's supposed to be Dr. Zizmor.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Drunk Billy is the best Billy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And in place of tomato, also rum.