Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
They don't have a great track record of shichibukai listening to them, anyway. Wasn't it supposed to be amazing that so many of them even showed up to that initial meeting? Probably better to have a guaranteed agent in there. Everybody already knows what happened to him anyway, so it wouldn't be much of a statement to have him in a Marines getup. Though that would be funny to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Crazyeyes posted:

There is already a bear with Kuma. Two bear-themed warlords is lazy.

Nigh-unBEARable in fact...

Fake D, fake animal themed group that he super boned out on immediately.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Advice posted:

People keep responding to Mr. Fowl's question as though he were asking what Moria's animal motif was, when in fact he was clearly asking where Moria laid on the power chart he quoted.

For my money, he's probably kind of up there. His power is stupid broken. It's like Foxy's in that if it were on anyone but a comically incompetent buffoon it would be one of the hottest powers around. If he manages to cut your shadow off its like a guaranteed win.

Nah, I just quoted the wrong post. I really was talking about the animal thing.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
no strawhat is gonna fight jack, he's gonna get jobbed by the 'true power of the minks' (the elephant wasnt a bad idea) its year of sanji not year of jack

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Captain Morgan appears oit of nowhere to stop his father from killing the Elephant, then before he dies he passes on his axe hand to garfield.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I would absolutely love it if Zunisha just turned around and stepped on Jack's ship.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pureauthor posted:

I would absolutely love it if Zunisha just turned around and stepped on Jack's ship.

That's probably what the 'true power of the people of Zou' refers to. It'll involve the elephant itself somehow.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I'm guessing it has something to do with the Whale Forest, something they couldn't use before because Raizou was hiding there.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
If the Straw Hats fend off Jack, the Minkmen will probably be impressed enough to pledge allegiance to them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

If the Straw Hats fend off Jack, the Minkmen will probably be impressed enough to pledge allegiance to them.

They already serve under Momo's clan but since Momo is allied with Luffy...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I would be honestly kind of surprised if jack lasted more than like two chapters once the fight begins. kinda expect the minks to beat him; maybe the ninja helps

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

IIRC, the minks fought him constantly for several days before the gas was employed. They can't beat him alone; Law and the Straw Hats will be needed, or something will happen with the Whale Forest as suggested.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Don't know how this Jack fight is gonna play out but the search for Raizou turned out to be THE One Piece map room so lets see where this goes.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

This Jack fight just feels weird for now because it seems like a filler to the story, unless there's something Oda is planning with the battle that impacts the story months down the line.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

alkanphel posted:

This Jack fight just feels weird for now because it seems like a filler to the story, unless there's something Oda is planning with the battle that impacts the story months down the line.

I'd just be happy with Luffy kicking his rear end out of rage for poisoning the good people of Zou.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'd just be happy with Luffy kicking his rear end out of rage for poisoning the good people of Zou.

Hahaha yeah but given the length of Dressrosa and all, I really just want them to go ahead to Wano now, otherwise it's gonna take decades to finish this arc.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

alkanphel posted:

Hahaha yeah but given the length of Dressrosa and all, I really just want them to go ahead to Wano now, otherwise it's gonna take decades to finish this arc.

Well even after Jack they have to drop by Big Mom's place and grab Sanji real quick.

I'm sure it'll be fiiiiiiiiiine.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Maybe this Big Mom + Wano arc will set the new record for longest arc so far. It's shaping up to follow the pattern of Punk Hazard + Dressrosa.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

If anything Wano is going to become the next Fishman Island (though hopefully less of an anticlimax). Reminder: Fishman Island was the one after Water Seven. How many years was that real-time?

We may have a declared goal of Wano already, but don't assume that means we'll be seeing it before the next US presidential election.

And that's fine with me. It'd be a boring journey if there were no surprises and detours along the way.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm not worried. Wano is going to have bad rear end samurai. Ninja and samurai will not disappoint.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'm not worried. Wano is going to have bad rear end samurai. Ninja and samurai will not disappoint.

I hope Oda throws in more Naruto parody references!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

This may be more anime than manga, but I just wanna say the English version of Binks' Brew Sake is pretty good, and also that Ian Sinclair nails Brook perfectly.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I hope Zou continues to fit the role of "New World Jaya" by having the Jack fight end with a single hit

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont really want that since it would really diminish the efforts of Cat and Dog.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Are we getting a chapter this week, I don't want to get excited if were not

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yes, we should be getting a chapter this week. I would bet on there being a break next week though because I can't remember the last time we got four unbroken weeks of One Piece.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If the goal is to defend Zunisha I hope we actually get a battle aboard a ship. The last one was aaallll the way back during the Baratie arc, or the Puffing Tom if we're being generous with definitions.

(no, Thriller Bark does not count)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Pureauthor posted:

If the goal is to defend Zunisha I hope we actually get a battle aboard a ship. The last one was aaallll the way back during the Baratie arc, or the Puffing Tom if we're being generous with definitions.

Luffy and Lucci fought on Marine Boats during their brawl.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

alkanphel posted:

I hope Oda throws in more Naruto parody references!

I'm hoping for a Goemon (Lupin III) parody myself. Goemon and Ebisumaru would be nice too though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pureauthor posted:

But, but Hody Jones and Throwing Devil Fruit User :downs:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Jack's going to get one hit killed because he's stupid enough to stay on his ship as a devil fruit user that transforms into a mammoth

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Jack's going to get one hit killed because he's stupid enough to stay on his ship as a devil fruit user that transforms into a mammoth

jack transforms and the ship, damaged in the fight against the marines, breaks and he falls into the ocean. time to go get sanji!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Just when Jack is about to strike, Jinbe will burst through his ship, causing him and his goons to sink to the bottom of the ocean.

I dunno, despite his bounty, I cannot take Jack seriously. He fought to a standstill with the Minks and only won thanks to the gas. And now he has to deal with the strawhats on top of things.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's hard to take jack as a serious threat when he was literally introduced here on zou. you don't really know how strong he is because his only competition thus far has been the minks, who are also an unknown at this point. the story tells you he's strong but we haven't been able to see it firsthand yet. this is the time for him to prove his bounty was earned

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's hard to take jack as a serious threat when he was literally introduced here on zou. you don't really know how strong he is because his only competition thus far has been the minks, who are also an unknown at this point. the story tells you he's strong but we haven't been able to see it firsthand yet. this is the time for him to prove his bounty was earned

I think being one of the top executives under Kaidou has a lot to do with it.

If Jack has a million belli bounty, I wonder how astronomical Gol D Roger's and Silver Rayleigh's bounties were.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Jack is an unknown who just announced he's going to do something batshit crazy and suicidal. In a story like One Piece, that means he's a scary motherfucker who is going to either succeed or come drat close.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I think being one of the top executives under Kaidou has a lot to do with it.

If Jack has a million belli bounty, I wonder how astronomical Gol D Roger's and Silver Rayleigh's bounties were.

Instead of a number where how many berries you get is normally listed, their bounties just say [berry sign] Yes!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If you catch Gol D Roger you get all the bellis, nobody else gets to have any of them

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

AnonSpore posted:

If you catch Gol D Roger you get all the bellis, nobody else gets to have any of them

Except for Garp, he got paid in rice crackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Got caught up with the last two chapters and I am very happy that we seem to have a game plan now, it's very encouraging.