Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Dross posted:

Is the PS Vita's memory card really slow to write to or what? Why does it take hours to copy things to it over USB?

The 64gb version writes the fastest, buy one today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dross posted:

Is the PS Vita's memory card really slow to write to or what? Why does it take hours to copy things to it over USB?

It's not the memory card that's the bottleneck there -- it's USB.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Saoshyant posted:

It's not the memory card that's the bottleneck there -- it's USB.

USB 2.0 should be able to write around 5-10 MB/s at least, which is not the results I'm seeing. And wifi is even slower, to the point where I don't even try.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

RanKizama posted:

So...should we start passing these out now?

Quote4promotion2mod

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Compile Heart just did a presentation with Dengeki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkU-RQoYRIA

They showed off Seven Pirates with video of how to make the character's breasts larger.

A new game was announced called Mary Skelter that was some weird combination of Kill La Kill, Persona 3, and Madoka

Finally, a new Neptunia game was announced that is most likely Four Goddesses Online.

There was also Monster Monpiece Naked, but that's a mobile game.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkU-RQoYRIA&t=807s

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's not how....

Oh nevermind

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sakurazuka posted:

That's not how....

Oh nevermind
Don't question the anime. Just wallow in the darkness within your soul and accept it.

None of the character designs in that Pirates game are very good though. :goleft:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The pirate boob game will be bad I hope this helps

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

We have hit peak Vita. I think.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Help Im Alive posted:

The pirate boob game will be bad I hope this helps

Oh, word?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Wow that's terrible

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Nuclear Throne is such a great fit for the Vita, it's a real shame the port job makes Isaac look good.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

okay, the interview quoted earlier suggested this game was about pirates with large breasts. are you lying to us, developer (probably compile hearts)??

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mr Phillby posted:

Nuclear Throne is such a great fit for the Vita, it's a real shame the port job makes Isaac look good.

Really? What can you tell me about it? I was planning on picking up it, NecroDancer, and some other stuff but instead I went and got Dariusburst and double dipped on Hot Shots Golf.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Policenaut posted:

Really? What can you tell me about it? I was planning on picking up it, NecroDancer, and some other stuff but instead I went and got Dariusburst and double dipped on Hot Shots Golf.

Nuclear Throne's performance dies a death in the later stages. It's also very prone to crashing.

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 14, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Crypt of the NecroDancer is great and it runs fine on the Vita. I definitely recommend it when you finish some of that other stuff.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

My favorite thing about having a 64GB card is now having zero concern for the size of anything. I loaded every digital Vita, PSP, and PSOne game I currently own and could ever fathom wanting to play on it and I still have 1/4th left of a card, and if need be ai can dump some of the seven or eight gigs I have of those PSP/PSOne games I have sitting around. "Oh? SW4, Killzone, and FFX-2 are all like three gigs a piece? Load 'em in, boys!"

Delusibeta posted:

Nuclear Throne's performance dies a death in the later stages. It's also very prone to crashing.

Ooh, that'd do it I guess. I watched some of that uncut gameplay on YouTube a few days ago, of like the first few stages, and it looked pretty good but instead I just decided to finally bite the bullet on Dariusburst after watching some footage of that. Really disappointing to hear that about it, because it looked fun!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Delusibeta posted:

Later stages nothing, the second boss' death explosion turns the game into a slideshow.
There are also incredibly noticeable graphical errors in the hud, like more than one weapon has a mis-matched reload silhouette and the shovel icon is completely hosed up. It's just shoddy.

It does boot up pretty quickly though, which really takes the sting out of the crashes.

Edit: After looking at a video of the PC version I'm pretty sure the Level Portals don't always spawn in the right place which is an annoying time waster and actually fucks up some advanced strategies.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 14, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

okay, the interview quoted earlier suggested this game was about pirates with large breasts. are you lying to us, developer (probably compile hearts)??
If they were lying I'm certainly not able to understand that talk show to tell you. Somehow it feels like a good thing though

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Policenaut posted:

Ooh, that'd do it I guess. I watched some of that uncut gameplay on YouTube a few days ago, of like the first few stages, and it looked pretty good but instead I just decided to finally bite the bullet on Dariusburst after watching some footage of that. Really disappointing to hear that about it, because it looked fun!

If you have a PS4 or PC, I recommend playing Nuclear Throne on one of them. It's really fun if occasionally frustrating.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Caligula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p1BmwCYvno&t=1737s

More gameplay at 33:10

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Trying to let go of EDF2 for $15.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1907653&perpage=40&pagenumber=358#post457407776

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Exist Archive gets costume DLC for the most anime of all games (SO5). Still no localization hinting anywhere.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Saoshyant posted:

Exist Archive gets costume DLC for the most anime of all games (SO5). Still no localization hinting anywhere.

... you fight in this?!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Why, of course. It's step 1 in making America great again.

edit: 30 second ad for Project Diva X
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmVG51itT7U

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Mar 14, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just noticed my World of Final Fantasy preorder went up an extra $20. The amazon price is still the same at $40. EDIT: Actually so are most other stores, seems like this might just be GS.
Are future Vita releases gonna get price gouged by stores from now on?

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 14, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

HGH posted:

future Vita releases

:confused:

e: To actually give an answer, I wouldn't read into it too much, from one isolated incident.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

Just noticed my World of Final Fantasy preorder went up an extra $20. The amazon price is still the same at $40. EDIT: Actually so are most other stores, seems like this might just be GS.
Are future Vita releases gonna get price gouged by stores from now on?

In general the Vita releses by Atlus and XSEED are now regularly getting a $10 price hike.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm used to the Atlus tax, and I see XSEED is basically making all regular versions collector's edition sized to justify the pricing so it's not that bad. I just haven't had sudden price changes happen to me while waiting for something I ordered ages ago. Really it might just be GS being lovely.

Also SE finally put up an English site for I Am Setsuna and... no Vita version to be seen anywhere.
http://www.iamsetsuna.com/us/

I mean considering how it ended up it's not such a loss but still, kinda surprising.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The localization of Setsuna is confirmed to be PC and PS4 only, with no retail release. It's not a particular great game and it being made in Unity ensured the Vita version was completely unplayable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Where is this 'it's not a particularly good game' stuff coming from?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Import impression threads in other forums that I keep track of. Complaints ranged from 1) it's just the same snowy overworld over and over, 2) it's rather short for a JRPG

From what I've seen from the battle mechanics they don't look as interesting as the game it's supposed to apeing (CT), but that I leave that for you to judge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ot0dz7Ypg0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

None of that seems particularly bothersome for what was obviously a smaller project. I don't think anyone played Chrono Trigger for its involving combat either.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Saoshyant posted:

it's rather short for a JRPG

Like, how short? Because I'd be cool with a jrpg that I can play and beat in 15-20 hours.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Note that I said "not particular great", which means not something anyone will remember a year from now, not that it was bad. It's got some decent music going for it and the snowy setting is unique instead of being the usual medieval Europe.

Chucktesla posted:

Like, how short? Because I'd be cool with a jrpg that I can play and beat in 15-20 hours.

Think it's the 15 hour mark, yeah, so might be your thing.

One hour long gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB8qW3RTue4

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 14, 2016

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Honestly a 15 hour jrpg is refreshing at this point

I keep getting burned out on all my 40-60 hour games and then just kind of being unsatisfied

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Sakurazuka posted:

None of that seems particularly bothersome for what was obviously a smaller project. I don't think anyone played Chrono Trigger for its involving combat either.

CT's battle system was great for its time. Remember at the time ATB was the most advanced thing in the genre, CT added the dual/triple techs to that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love anything that takes place in snow. I'm intrigued

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I pulled out my playstation vita slim out of thecase and the darn thing won't turn on. I plug it into a computer thinking oh it will get power so it should turn on, nope. The light goes orange and stays orange, unless I hold it down longer then it blinks orange. I've tried probably 7 or 8 mcro usb cables and 4 or 5 diff wall charges and havent no luck ...

I can't find the official Sony VITA charge box but I Remember using a samsung tablet charger at one point. I can't figure it out because someone said hold down PS power and right for 20 seocnds and after doing that it flashes a picture of a battyerr with a / through it but if I use specific chargers or my PC I can't get that screen to appear after holding down the buttons for a long time ... Any idea what is going on with my Playstation Vita? I only had it from christmas 2014 onwards and didnt use it for about 8 or 9 months.