Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Quincyh posted:

When my nephew was about five he was still figuring out how humour works. His best joke: "Why did the chicken cross the road? Because it was a WOLF!" He was most upset when we were confused instead of amused.

A story my sister told me for the first time yesterday: Also when he was around that age, he used to raid drawers and find condoms and turn them into water balloons to throw on people. One day he asked his mom why they're called condoms instead of balloons, so she took the teaching moment and said you put them on when you're going to be with a girl, and decided to show him how on a banana (never too young to learn, I guess is her motto). So she started putting it on the banana, except that the banana was overripe and burst when she was about halfway along. My nephew just started screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" and ran away.

This made my entire day. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Quincyh posted:

When my nephew was about five he was still figuring out how humour works. His best joke: "Why did the chicken cross the road? Because it was a WOLF!" He was most upset when we were confused instead of amused.

A story my sister told me for the first time yesterday: Also when he was around that age, he used to raid drawers and find condoms and turn them into water balloons to throw on people. One day he asked his mom why they're called condoms instead of balloons, so she took the teaching moment and said you put them on when you're going to be with a girl, and decided to show him how on a banana (never too young to learn, I guess is her motto). So she started putting it on the banana, except that the banana was overripe and burst when she was about halfway along. My nephew just started screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" and ran away.

I can't stop laughing at this. That poor kid but holy poo poo.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Had the dogs at the vet yesterday and my 6yo son didn't want to go into the exam room with them, so my wife took them and I stayed with him in the waiting room.

Needless to say he needs to go say hello to every animal that comes in, no big deal as he knows to ask permission before touching any pets, etc... This leads to him chatting up this nice older lady about his dogs and they start having a conversation.

Him: "We have two dogs, and they are both rescues from up north and we don't know what kind they are."
Her: "My dog is a yellow lab cross, and her name is Ophelia."
Him, reaching down to pat her: "Hi Ophelia. I know the 'F' word!"

WHAT THE CHRIST, KID?!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I visited a preschool this morning. The children were singing a song where you go around in a circle and everyone says their name and then you say hello to them. One boy said his name was Clark Kent :3:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
"You're a meatball!"

----three-year-old boy at work today\

"We need ta get my four-year-old shoes!"

----little boy, later in the shift

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
I was teaching my nephew some basic subtraction for his homework using coins, as is the usual way. So I take away a few coins at a time and show him how the subtraction works.

When I did 2-1 for him, before I could finish talking about it, he grabbed the last coin, yelled "ZERO!" and ran to put it in his piggy bank. This kid is gonna be one heck of a scammer at this rate.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
My wife was offering my son 5 $1 for every good week of school he could string together. He replied "how about one dollar AND 20 cents?"

His sister then says "why 1.20?" To which he replied very seriously "because then I would have even more money!"

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Keystoned posted:

My wife was offering my son 5 $1 for every good week of school he could string together. He replied "how about one dollar AND 20 cents?"

His sister then says "why 1.20?" To which he replied very seriously "because then I would have even more money!"

If your son got the extra 20% he's a pretty good negotiator, you should encourage him.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

So at work today we had an event where parents could bring their toddler-aged kids in to play Duplo with the staff members, and this one girl had so much fun playing with me she told me "You're my uncle now!" and also proudly declared to her parents "He's the real spiderman!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

TKIY posted:

Needless to say he needs to go say hello to every animal that comes in, no big deal as he knows to ask permission before touching any pets, etc...

To be fair, I do this at age 35.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I wasn't there for it, but my roommate's kid got in trouble because of some poo poo he said. He was reading out loud to himself in his room while his mother was watching some show. She asked him to either close the door or bring it down to a whisper, because the kid has no volume control.

He proceeds to do that really loud forceful whisper thing you do when you're trying to fake being quiet. She was not amused.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Yesterday at the Handicapped youth support group I volunteer for:

"I'm completely bald under all this hair."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I subbed at one of our middle schools yesterday and today:

:byodame: "My name is KATIE and it's NOT HELLO KITTY SO DON'T CALL ME HELLO KITTY!!!!!" :byodame:

KID: "What's your name?"
ME: "I'm bringmyfishback, how about you?"
KID: "I'm David. Where are you from?"
ME: "I'm from New York."
KID: "Oh, yes, I know about New York. On September 11th, 2001, a plan was flown into the World Trade Center by Islamic terrorists. It was a national tragedy. Do you like basketball?"
ME: :psyduck: "...sure, David, basketball is cool."

We then went on to talk about World War II.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I was out shopping, taking a look at stuff on the shelf when I heard coming from around the corner, this exchange:
"You're gonna be big like your daddy!"
"nooooo...."

They turn the corner and it's a 3 year old girl in the shopping cart and her rather muscle-bound dad. He continues.
"Yeah you're gonna be all muscly like your dad!
"no i don't wanna"
"Yep you're get even bigger than me!
"nooooo don't wanna"

I lost my poo poo and told them they were hilarious. He kept bugging her for a bit before grabbing their stuff and moving on. Great start to the day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5rg8i_i-m-old-gregg_fun

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
"Hey, bringmyfishback, do you know the band Pretty Necklace?"
"Uh...do you mean The Pretty Reckless?"
"NO! Wait, yeah."

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

One story my parents will never let me forget is when I, as a young child, burst into their bedroom while they were getting it on.

Me: Ah-HA! I caught you SNOGGING! :iamafag:

Parents: :stonk:

Me: *peels out of there giggling like a madman*

Apparently it kinda killed the moment. :v:

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
A friend of mine has a five year old son, named Rory. He is unable to day, R correctly, so his name comes out as Wowy, and he is starting to be a bit embarrassed about his lack of R's. Cue the following conversation when he had a baby sister:

Mum: Rory, here is your new sister, Jenny.
Rory: Unfair! Call it Cwistina!

Same boy told his mum he wished he was called Kyle.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
When I was Three, I couldn't say "Th" sounds, and was quite selfd concious of it. When asked my age, apparently my standard reply was "I'm not two, and I'm not four."

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

princecoo posted:

When I was Three, I couldn't say "Th" sounds, and was quite selfd concious of it. When asked my age, apparently my standard reply was "I'm not two, and I'm not four."

I was an exceptionally serious, gloomy, and dire child. Apparently my family took me out to eat for my third birthday. The waitress said, "It's your birthday?? How old are you now?" and I replied dourly "Three. :emo: I'll never be two years old again. :emo:"

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
I couldn't say "l" sounds for years when I was younger.

On pain:
"Ouch! I hurt my yeg."

Hearing a siren:
"Oh yisten! It's the poyice!"

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
My friend's daughter, 8, missed the memo about my divorce a few years back and was shocked to hear I had a boyfriend. Her mom said, "but you know about how people get divorced sometimes, right?"

8-year old holds up her hand in a say-no-more gesture and says, "I've read about this in books. You don't need to tell me any details."

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Aristophanes posted:

I couldn't say "l" sounds for years when I was younger.

On pain:
"Ouch! I hurt my yeg."

Hearing a siren:
"Oh yisten! It's the poyice!"

My childhood best friend had an impairment where she swapped out "L" sounds for "w"s, but then swapped out sounds that were supposed to be "w"s with "y"s. So "last week" would come out as "wast yeek."

I just remembered the other day that as a toddler, my younger sister inexplicably pronounced the name "James" as "Gimps."

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

sweeperbravo posted:

I was an exceptionally serious, gloomy, and dire child. Apparently my family took me out to eat for my third birthday. The waitress said, "It's your birthday?? How old are you now?" and I replied dourly "Three. :emo: I'll never be two years old again. :emo:"

Oh good, I wasn't the only one. Apparently once I was asked why I wouldn't do homework when I was 7 and I replied "why bother, so I can do it again in the next grade, and over and over until I have to work until I die?" :emo: I seemed to have a deep-seated belief that things only got worse after childhood, I think finding Matt Groening's "Life is Hell" compilation when I was young may have had an adverse effect on my psychological health at that age.

e: luckily the reverse was true. Childhood kind of sucks, let no one tell you otherwise.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

ManlyGrunting posted:

e: luckily the reverse was true. Childhood kind of sucks, let no one tell you otherwise.

Truer words have never been spoken, no matter how much some adults insisted on rubbing it in that it was gonna get worse or something.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
My three year old girl, at the dinner table:
* sticks hand down the front of her pants *
"I'm just going to play with my butt for a little bit . . . there's a fox down there"

I don't even know.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

sweeperbravo posted:

My childhood best friend had an impairment where she swapped out "L" sounds for "w"s, but then swapped out sounds that were supposed to be "w"s with "y"s. So "last week" would come out as "wast yeek."

Child at playschool was asked what he wanted for Christmas and said "a wanking watch". That caused some confused looks.

Lion King watch

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GohRczetOao

kids these days.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

bitterandtwisted posted:

Child at playschool was asked what he wanted for Christmas and said "a wanking watch". That caused some confused looks.

Lion King watch

Its a FitBit

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
While shopping earlier, this little kid (maybe a year old or so) in a stroller was going "bob bob bob" on and on, while I was trying on shoes. When his mom pushed his stroller closer to me (while giving me a "sorry, he hasn't stopped in weeks" look) he immediately noticed me and started talking directly to me. Bob bob bob! Bob bob!"

I guess singing the intro to Barbra Ann wasn't the best thing, but the kid sure did, because as I was finishing it up, the kid would repeat "bob bob bob, bob bob rah am!" over and over instead.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My 4-year-old daughter likes pretending to be Blue from Blue's Clues. She'll talk to me only in barks and tries to get me to search for clues that she's left around the apartment. It's all pretty harmless and cute, even if it can get annoying when she refuses to break character when I try to get her to do something.

The other day I was reading on the couch and my daughter was nearby pretending to be Blue again when she suddenly got this fierce look on her face, roared, and swung her arms wildly. I asked her what she was doing.

"I'm KILLING the cat!" she said, raising her voice and swiping her arms to punctuate the word "killing". After swiping a few more times she leaned her face down and made eating noises. "Now the cat is dead. Blue ate it and now it's a skeleton." Then she crawled away.

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

My Chemistry Club at University volunteers at the local Children's Museum to do engaging science projects for kids.
Recently we had a child turn to one of our members with a bottle of ammonia saying "I WILL SPRAY YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE"
Also during this project, we asked them write a secret message, and used an acid base reaction to make it visible with the ammonia. When we told one of the kids to write a secret message, I was asked "How do you spell 'hate'?" I asked why they would want to spell such a negative word, the answer was "I want to write 'I hate my mother'."
This is why I will never have kids.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Children are creepy and evil, but they grow out of it (sometimes).

My nephew is as normal as a 17 year old can be, but when he was four and I was out there after my grandmother passed, we were watching TV and he just started staring at me with a Damien stare.

I asked him what he was up to. His reply?

"I'm just thinking about what you'd look like if you were dead."

(full disclosure: this was shortly after the visitation at the funeral home)

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
My 2 year old nephew was being shown some old photos of his mom and one photo was of her in her white water rafting gear---yellow helmet, big boots, etc--- and he looks up and says "That's not a Minion"

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

gvibes posted:

My three year old girl, at the dinner table:
* sticks hand down the front of her pants *
"I'm just going to play with my butt for a little bit . . . there's a fox down there"

I don't even know.

What does the fox say?

My 3 year old told us on her birthday she is now old enough to drink wine.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Phil Moscowitz posted:

What does the fox say?

In France, maybe.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Phil Moscowitz posted:

What does the fox say?

Is there a PYF poo poo your parents say thread? When my sister was about to turn 18, my mom pleasantly suggested "Now we can take her out for a drink!"

(We live in the U.S. Had to remind my mom that things have changed since the '70s)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

sweeperbravo posted:

Is there a PYF poo poo your parents say thread? When my sister was about to turn 18, my mom pleasantly suggested "Now we can take her out for a drink!"

(We live in the U.S. Had to remind my mom that things have changed since the '70s)

Isn't it ok if you're drinking with a parent?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably, but even when it is it's supposed to be at home. Bars, restaurants etc. still can't serve minors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Aphrodite posted:

Probably, but even when it is it's supposed to be at home. Bars, restaurants etc. still can't serve minors.

In 11 states they can with parental presence and consent, per this page. Only in 4 states can minors drink as part of an undercover police assignment, though.