Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
When's the server going to learn about daylight savings time and quit asking me to change my timezone to match the servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

When's the server going to learn about daylight savings time and quit asking me to change my timezone to match the servers?

It's a bad translation, it's asking if you want to update the server's time zone to match your phone's.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The gacha pulls that we do with R-coins as part of the event; are they the same odds of getting good poo poo as your bog standard pulls in the store?

Between upgrading expeditions, friend's list, and lord levels I've never done a gacha pull but I get real good poo poo from the even on average. So I'm curious how those compare to the normal pulls.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Agent355 posted:

The gacha pulls that we do with R-coins as part of the event; are they the same odds of getting good poo poo as your bog standard pulls in the store?

Between upgrading expeditions, friend's list, and lord levels I've never done a gacha pull but I get real good poo poo from the even on average. So I'm curious how those compare to the normal pulls.

I think the R coin ones have a higher chance for the event sets to help deal with the 800 coin grind.

I tried a regular 10x pull before and I was able to get 1 set piece except it wasn't one from the three listed higher chance sets. I personally wouldn't do it because I regret not spending those 650 crystals on something more useful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Only need 50 more Bios and I'll max out Muzaka. I should also have about 19k R coins so getting everything shouldn't be an issue.

Oh yeah and I have almost maxed out Mu's skills so who should I work on next?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

MarcusSA posted:

Only need 50 more Bios and I'll max out Muzaka. I should also have about 19k R coins so getting everything shouldn't be an issue.

Oh yeah and I have almost maxed out Mu's skills so who should I work on next?

Unknown for eating Rocks and kicking rear end :black101:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

van fem posted:

Unknown for eating Rocks and kicking rear end :black101:

Unknown it is then!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've managed to max lvl my expeditions and raised my friends list to 50/50. If I manage to get 600 red gems before the month is over, should I buy one of the event characters outfits? Are they worth it? I haven't spent my red gems on anything else so far.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

I've managed to max lvl my expeditions and raised my friends list to 50/50. If I manage to get 600 red gems before the month is over, should I buy one of the event characters outfits? Are they worth it? I haven't spent my red gems on anything else so far.

Your next target should be lord masteries, I think. None of the costumes are super essential unless you're aiming to be one of the top PVPers, in which case you're likely spending money anyway.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Your next target should be lord masteries, I think. None of the costumes are super essential unless you're aiming to be one of the top PVPers, in which case you're likely spending money anyway.

Wait, you can just spend 50 red gems for a mastery point?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

Wait, you can just spend 50 red gems for a mastery point?

Yeah but it goes up every 10 points.

50, 60, 70 ect

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah but it goes up every 10 points.

50, 60, 70 ect

This, and it's worth every last gem, on both sides. On the support side, you get things like +90% crystal frequency on expeditions and -30 seconds off your energy regen time. On the attack side, you get +9% Attack, +4.5% Defense, +15% HP to all heroes.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
gently caress.

I just got $100 of apple store credit for birthday. Was almost tempted to get Seria, but I still can't justify it considering it isn't even a good deal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DontMindMe posted:

gently caress.

I just got $100 of apple store credit for birthday. Was almost tempted to get Seria, but I still can't justify it considering it isn't even a good deal.

Yeah I wouldn't bother. I'm a huge whale and I haven't even felt the need to spend more then $15 on this game.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The biggest moneysink is the set equipment, and the pull rate is so abysmally low that its not even worth it for most whales.

Doesnt stop me from grinding out crystals for it, Dat Customization :|

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So a new patch is coming, and with it, Frank is supposedly getting fixed, while Mu, Zero, Raboff, and Cleo are getting buffed.

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/4388-03.17-Patch-Note

Meanwhile, the already spectacular Arrogant Pureblood set apparently hasn't brought in quite enough money and is getting buffed from "barely preventing a first turn kill" to putting you back at 30% HP, making it potential competition for Beast Rain.

Well, maybe not, since you get Beast Rain's good effect off two pieces, but gently caress SS sets.

Looks like Cleo's getting some pretty minor buffs. Better reach with first skill, an attack decrease to go with the charm. Meanwhile, Mu's attack decrease for people she doesn't stuck goes up, and apparently her passive is going to be improved to make her go super saiyan as the rest of your party dies.

Raboff may well be amazing now, with stun chance, a self move buff, and a passive changed from aggro to anti-rock and bonus for staying still.

No idea about Zero, I haven't unlocked him yet.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 16, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

So a new patch is coming, and with it, Frank is supposedly getting fixed, while Mu, Zero, Raboff, and Cleo are getting buffed.

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/4388-03.17-Patch-Note

Meanwhile, the already spectacular Arrogant Pureblood set apparently hasn't brought in quite enough money and is getting buffed from "barely preventing a first turn kill" to putting you back at 30% HP, making it potential competition for Beast Rain.

Well, maybe not, since you get Beast Rain's good effect off two pieces, but gently caress SS sets.

Looks like Cleo's getting some pretty minor buffs. Better reach with first skill, an attack decrease to go with the charm. Meanwhile, Mu's attack decrease for people she doesn't stuck goes up, and apparently her passive is going to be improved to make her go super saiyan as the rest of your party dies.

Raboff may well be amazing now, with stun chance, a self move buff, and a passive changed from aggro to anti-rock and bonus for staying still.

Seems like good stuff. Glad they are working on Frank.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

NinjaDebugger posted:

I have a pretty big Zero and honestly I'm not sure that's a buff, even if Nexon thinks it is. Zero isn't a terrible character it's just hard to find a reason to bring him on a team where there are other characters (Serendi most notably) that do similar or better things than him.

Skill 1 - The defense decrease means he needs to be at the front end of your team, a place he probably had to be anyway but now he can't use his other skills on subsequent turns because you are counting on the defense decrease.

Skill 2 - Is now skill 3 and has increased damage per enemy hit, skill 2 used to be Zero's spammable use all the time skill, if they increase the mana on it then that would seriously hurt him because that's his best range skill and otherwise he has to get pretty close for the other 2. Who cares about increased damage because Zero isn't used for bringing damage, he's a support...

Skill 3 - is now skill 2, has a movement buff, which should be a part of his base movement anyway but that's a nice change if you get close enough to use it.

Passive - see skill 2.

Basically there's no reason to use Zero, he's not a damage character, he's a support, almost everything he does can be done by one character that is vastly superior. He looks cool though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

It also occurred to me that if you are going to use frank, be on the lookout for accessories with big %MP to Attack numbers, so that when he finally flips his lid, his attack will shoot up a bunch by default.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

NinjaDebugger posted:

It also occurred to me that if you are going to use frank, be on the lookout for accessories with big %MP to Attack numbers, so that when he finally flips his lid, his attack will shoot up a bunch by default.

Conversions only apply to base stats, if I remember correctly. i.e. Frank is out of luck

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Christ, I just realized the Raboff buffs is going to make mirror 5 even more difficult to deal with. :gonk:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Christ, I just realized the Raboff buffs is going to make mirror 5 even more difficult to deal with. :gonk:

The mirrors change every month, so you'll probably not have to worry about it. Unless you still can't get past it.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

The mirrors change every month, so you'll probably not have to worry about it. Unless you still can't get past it.

I have until patch time to figure out a way to clear it.

That's not a lot of time. :shepicide:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

I have until patch time to figure out a way to clear it.

That's not a lot of time. :shepicide:

I found that the secret was to charm the poo poo out of the Raboffs, while everybody rushed a single corner to annihilate the muangs there. From there, you can launch nukes outward, and of course Muang will do a lot of the work for you.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Game just went into maint. :suicide:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Oh wow. I got lucky. Managed to finally brute force mirror 5 before maintenance. So much RNG luck.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mu's upgrade is fantastic in PVP, it's almost like having a second set of Gold Lion gear.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Is there another goon guild than swdoflowtax? 20 members is a little small for goon rushing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lokipunk posted:

Is there another goon guild than swdoflowtax? 20 members is a little small for goon rushing.

Well there are a few people in the guild that haven't logged in for a few weeks that could be kicked so we aren't exactly full yet.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

NinjaDebugger posted:

Mu's upgrade is fantastic in PVP, it's almost like having a second set of Gold Lion gear.

The change to her 2 is excellent too, as it now debuffs everything in the AoE rather than just the stun target. They also finally fixed the stupid translation on her tooltip! :v:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

if you boot some people I'll join the goon guild, I've been guildless for like a month

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

How did a single patch break everything so badly? :wtc:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can also join the goon guild and be active.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Game came back, feel free to apply, post your handle so I know who to approve

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 18, 2016

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
t3hRogg if there's a spot.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Left my guild, I can apply in 24 hours as Wikiwikiwa.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

Agent355 in game.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The 24 hours is finally over but the guild is full again :(

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

This loving story. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

The 24 hours is finally over but the guild is full again :(

There is a person in the guild called Campbell who has been away for 3 days that you can probably replace, assuming guild leader kicks him

• Locked thread