Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It was barely ok for the $20 entry side event since they removed the extra packs. And you had people angle shooting eye contact there on Friday. The main event must've been awful.

I wonder how many game losses were handed out for touching teammate's cards. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Molybdenum posted:

I expect him to follow LotVs price, a dip at rotation (but not as much as you'd think) followed by a quick rebound and then steady increase.

JtMS also is from a smaller printing and is really old.

I was going off power level and price while in Standard. Your reasoning seems better though.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chill la Chill posted:

It was barely ok for the $20 entry side event since they removed the extra packs. And you had people angle shooting eye contact there on Friday. The main event must've been awful.

I wonder how many game losses were handed out for touching teammate's cards. :3:

How does one angle shoot eye contact?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Chill la Chill posted:

Side events are the worst. I went 3-0-1 in 2 side events on sunday and had to just take packs because the prize wall is horrible and ended up with about 5 bucks of value for my trouble... I would've actually felt better if I had lost my 40 bucks down the toilet. The fact that they wouldn't take tickets for store credit was just horrendous.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Alris posted:

Finally it will be Assault Formation's time to shine!

slip through space :getin:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Now there's a goddamn card.
Edit: Now in non-potato quality.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 14, 2016

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

it's like utter end if utter end was a good card

maybe even better than vindicate, instant and lava spike is probably better than getting to kill a landreading too hard

Elyv fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 14, 2016

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Elyv posted:

it's like utter end if utter end was a good card

maybe even better than vindicate, instant and lava spike is probably better than getting to kill a land
Well I mean, self lava spike.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sarmhan posted:

This set is going to loving rule.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

LightReaper posted:

Well I mean, self lava spike.

oh that makes way more sense

reading is hard

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

It's also the gameday promo apparently:

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

sarmhan posted:

That art is really sweet!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sarmhan posted:

Come to me.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Both versions are awesome. I loved Utter End too, as it goes, but this card is bananas.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Great flavour even if the action in the art is a bit confusing

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
*yawn* still nonland. Not sure if paying three life is worth the 1 mana discount compared to Utter End.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I keep reading it as Anguished Unmasking

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Great flavour even if the action in the art is a bit confusing

Sorin is killing Avacyn.

Also the flavor test isn't quite Ancient Grudge levels of unneeded words, but it's depressingly close for a card that's going to be played in standard for the next 18 months

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

sarmhan posted:

::captainpop:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

sarmhan posted:

:captainpop:

I love innistrad.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

They really should have cut out the entire comma clause. Then it actually reads rather nicely.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

sarmhan posted:

sarmhan posted:

The gameday promo is way better because that flavor text is awful

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

GeneX posted:

Sorin is killing Avacyn.

Also the flavor test isn't quite Ancient Grudge levels of unneeded words, but it's depressingly close for a card that's going to be played in standard for the next 18 months

Clearly he's killing her but what is he actually doing? Pointing his sword at her while facing away from her and holding her scalp in her hand?

Also juxtaposition and repetition for emphasis do not constitute unneeded words

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Pretty much all story-advancing flavor text is unneeded words imho. Gimme back Chaucer :(

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Clearly he's killing her but what is he actually doing? Pointing his sword at her while facing away from her and holding her scalp in her hand?

Also juxtaposition and repetition for emphasis do not constitute unneeded words

He's doing mystical black magic stuff to her

and as for the latter thing, that's certainly the intent, yes, but it comes off as needlessly elaborate as compared to something that dumped the repeated theme with different wording.

See:

Sorin had created Avacyn, so it was a cruelty beyond imagining that it fell on him to end her forever.
vs.
Sorin had created Avacyn, so it was a cruelty beyond imagining, a pain beyond description, that it fell on him to end her forever.

It's subjective, sure, but the first one reads better to me

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

sarmhan posted:

Huh. I guess Titov can make some nice art that doesn't look like the uninspired, generic style of his other cards. It looks neat (anime) like watercolors out of a final fantasy game.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
It's weird how this new block system speeds up story resolution. They introduce and deal with threats in the same set. Kozilek is back! And we burned him. Avacyn is bad! Sorin killed her.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Clockwork posted:

It's weird how this new block system speeds up story resolution. They introduce and deal with threats in the same set. Kozilek is back! And we burned him. Avacyn is bad! Sorin killed her.

Zombie Avacyn in Eldritch Moon, book it

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Cool Guys Don't Look At Angel Explosions

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Looks like he slashed through her neck in shonen anime/80s samurai movie style.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Yawgmoth posted:

Looks like he slashed through her neck in shonen anime/80s samurai movie style.

he took her halo?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

The Real Foogla posted:

he took her halo?

Innistrad angels don't have halos

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I love the giant blue mill mythic

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Elyv fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 14, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
None of those cards is Big Gay Frog

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

GeneX posted:

I wish it were at least rare so I theoretically had a chance to watch LSV murder the world with it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Startled Awake is a cool card.

Ravenous Bloodseeker looks like it had flying removed from it, artwise.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm laughing out loud at sinister concoction.

GeneX posted:

Same, friend.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

Startled Awake is a cool card.

Ravenous Bloodseeker looks like it had flying removed from it, artwise.

it's an alt art promo

we got the original spoiled last week or something by something or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pretty uninspiring set of cards there... I guess Sinister Concoction could see some play.

• Locked thread