Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

I got moved to an empty channel my dude.

Aka the parks and rec channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Stay Salty Friends.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

I am the Director of Velia Department of Natural Reourses. Our waters are over fished and these criminals need to be stopped!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zarcnest posted:

I am the Director of Velia Department of Natural Reourses. Our waters are over fished and these criminals need to be stopped!

When are we going to RP as Sea Shepard and crack down on all this illegal whaling?

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Zarcnest posted:

The guards will know your name forever.

Also, here is a sinking pirate ship for good measure. Not shown: the other 3 or 4 that aggroed on us since we were practically in their spawn point...

Taran fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 14, 2016

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Taran posted:

The guards will know your name forever.

Also, here is a sinking viking ship for good measure.

I love how you are all watching me getting chased by guards. Lmfao!

I didn't expect guards to be on the islands!

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

kalstrams posted:

2 points per hour on each offline character.
Yes, cooking and alchemy are the ones you want to get if you want to be able to buy whatever more than once per every three months or so, ones the first expansion rolls around.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! Getting up-to-date facts on this game can be surprisingly hard.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
The 35-40 grind is killing me, I heard it speeds up 40+, goons please confirm.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
You'd think that a system which requires a unique Family name, you'd be able to have duplicate first names. Guess not.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Strategy posted:

It speeds up at 39 and can remain so until 50, but may also end abruptly as soon as you hit 45.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So if you need a NUMBER 1 RANKED HOOSE to invest, how come I can invest in Florin and the Northern Wheat Plantation? Are those special?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Grondoth posted:

So if you need a NUMBER 1 RANKED HOOSE to invest, how come I can invest in Florin and the Northern Wheat Plantation? Are those special?

They are, and because of the few housing slots, very tough to secure.

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016
I'm loving the game so far. I'm level 21 and seem to not be going any where because there is so much to do.

After finally being able to purchase the game, I tried to purchase daum cash and now I get the payment failure again. However, paypal clearly shows three charges to daum. Is anyone else having this issue? Any work around known? This game has really got it's hooks into me and I want to play pretty princess dress up now!

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

9foxtails posted:

I'm loving the game so far. I'm level 21 and seem to not be going any where because there is so much to do.

After finally being able to purchase the game, I tried to purchase daum cash and now I get the payment failure again. However, paypal clearly shows three charges to daum. Is anyone else having this issue? Any work around known? This game has really got it's hooks into me and I want to play pretty princess dress up now!

I'm like level 16 and I haven't gotten anything done because I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm just running around killing things. I think I'm just gonna hang around the first town for a bit.
My family name is the same as my forums username (no space) if anyone wants to add me. Orden, of course.

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ja1Ejq9fG0

Good video with poo poo font and person. Basically horses don't require sugar to tame just wait 30 seconds once getting next to them before mounting, mount the horse you want to tame then get off and get on your real mount to get back to the stable master, the tame horse will automatically teleport to you. Some more in the video but those are the main two.

edit ; Velia has decent tutorials for learning poo poo but unless you gotta do ALL THE THINGS you can move out of it relatively fast and be better off in the long run since Heidal is a much better starting town and getting to Calpheon gives far more contribution.

prinnylaharl fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 14, 2016

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I enjoyed my 7 day pass, but I think I might wait until the initial hype has burned down a bit; it's one of the few times I've felt crowded in a MMO. West Brit Bank in the UO good old days being the only other time. (what can I say, I don't play super populated games)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Help! My cute evil spirit grew teeth and isn't cute anymore! How do I talk to him about this and express my sadness?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

He's just growing into a man. Wait until he goes through his cape wearing phase

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

"look i have teeth!" is best part of this game imo

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

prinnylaharl posted:

Good video with poo poo font and person. Basically horses don't require sugar to tame just wait 30 seconds once getting next to them before mounting, mount the horse you want to tame then get off and get on your real mount to get back to the stable master, the tame horse will automatically teleport to you. Some more in the video but those are the main two.

oh ho this is what happened to me last night with a tier 2 horse. I kept failing after successful roping until I waited for a long time and then hopped on

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Strategy posted:

47 - 50 was my fastest levels since the 20s

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I also found a 5 person catfish group that basically aoe farmed down the whole zone

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm kind of interested in trying this out.

Is the Wizard fun? Looks like they have cool flashy spells and if you're a male Wizard you look like Gandalf so that's neat. But are they more fun than, say, Sorcerers in Dragon's Dogma (which generally involve spamming one great damage spell and/or standing in one place for 15 seconds to cast your flashy spell)?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There is a lot of bad stuff in this game but the combat owns

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

I'm kind of interested in trying this out.

Is the Wizard fun? Looks like they have cool flashy spells and if you're a male Wizard you look like Gandalf so that's neat. But are they more fun than, say, Sorcerers in Dragon's Dogma (which generally involve spamming one great damage spell and/or standing in one place for 15 seconds to cast your flashy spell)?

As a Wizard you will spend most of your time rounding up mobs, carefully dodging this way and that to get them grouped together tightly so you can hit them with one of your several bigger moves. You will finish up stragglers with a wide variety of smaller, faster abilities, and then usually top yourself off with some recovery spells before rounding up your next group. It's probably less active than most of the other classes, but compared to the "wizard" archetype from most MMOs, Wizards here feel very satisfying and visceral. Pretty much all classes in this game are fun and rewarding.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

rip eonwe long live eonwe

The General Buttnaked's successor is going into production in Epheria. One thing I appreciate about the ship production system is that I don't need all the material already in the warehouse to get construction going.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eonwe posted:

To what degree does the bad stuff interfere with the player's ability to enjoy fighting things?

LegalPad posted:

As a Wizard you will spend most of your time rounding up mobs, carefully dodging this way and that to get them grouped together tightly so you can hit them with one of your several bigger moves. You will finish up stragglers with a wide variety of smaller, faster abilities, and then usually top yourself off with some recovery spells before rounding up your next group. It's probably less active than most of the other classes, but compared to the "wizard" archetype from most MMOs, Wizards here feel very satisfying and visceral. Pretty much all classes in this game are fun and rewarding.

Wizard sounds pretty good, then. If I can have a relatively active playstyle while also raining down flashy AoE attacks, I'm pretty much in.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Sorceress is active and flashy

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am a mounted k night

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008
Wizards are p fun for flashy aoe spells like calling down a literal meteor strike on a group of mobs and nuking them all at once.

Also don't forget to turn on the option to where you can see other wiz bro's spell effects too for non-stop seizure inducing flashes flying across your screen all the time. Might tank your fps but looks real neat when it works!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
For some reason levelling felt like it sped up at 40. The drought was really 35-40. It seems like mobs give more XP, are easier to group, and have fewer annoying ranged casters in every pull. Also Warrior gets stupid easy after you get Scars of Dusk, just debuff pull 2-3 packs, hide behind your shield while they gather on you, then 1 shot them all.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

To what degree does the bad stuff interfere with the player's ability to enjoy fighting things?

Little to none

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

drat, leveling/benchmark rewards are pretty generous. I'm about to get 4 million silver for getting 140 energy & 140 contribution.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

CrazyJesus posted:

Wizards are p fun for flashy aoe spells like calling down a literal meteor strike on a group of mobs and nuking them all at once.

Also don't forget to turn on the option to where you can see other wiz bro's spell effects too for non-stop seizure inducing flashes flying across your screen all the time. Might tank your fps but looks real neat when it works!

Wizard/witches are the best class for pirating. You don't move alot when you cast spells. Other classes will fall off boats when trying to cast.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/FXGnWWD.jpg

Apparently pubbies are fishing here since it's a Hotspot for good fish. I probably need a pirate crew and ship for this, if it's out there. I hope this spot is a combat zone.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I think it's all about mob density and the ease of pulling packs, I really hated 32-40 the khuroto caves are super packed generally and abandoned lands is pretty bad as well. Once you get to chimeras and above the leveling gets faster because the mobs are neatly packed together for ae. Chimeras, Saunil and Mansha are all fantastic.

To me the smoothest parts were Al Rhundi and monastery orcs weren't too bad then you hit the place where you do bandits, harpies, khuroto cave and abandoned lands this is the part that sucks. But once you get to chimeras it's so much better. I would try to go to chimera's at 38 just make sure you have a lot of accuracy. I'd also go to the Mansha camp as soon as possible the mobs are tightly packed up for one ae it's great.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

So I have a weird issue. Whenever I try to manually deposit anything into my storage I am getting "Storage is full" messages even though I have over 20 empty slots. Here is my setup:

1. The storage NPC that I am at is in Heidel. I only have real estate in Heidel right now.
2. I have workers doing stuff for me but they stopped and I cannot assign them to produce more. When I try I get the same message.
3. I cannot manually deposit any of my items into storage unless I take some stuff out first.

Why might this be happening? Any suggestions about how to fix it?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

So I have a weird issue. Whenever I try to manually deposit anything into my storage I am getting "Storage is full" messages even though I have over 20 empty slots. Here is my setup:

1. The storage NPC that I am at is in Heidel. I only have real estate in Heidel right now.
2. I have workers doing stuff for me but they stopped and I cannot assign them to produce more. When I try I get the same message.
3. I cannot manually deposit any of my items into storage unless I take some stuff out first.

Why might this be happening? Any suggestions about how to fix it?

Someone's probably going to come along with a better suggestion but have you tried logging out and back in yet? I've had some wonkiness with workers before and that tends to fix it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Despite the items stacking it's likely putting them in 1 for each slot then stacking them. I know it does this with sunflower crates and is really annoying. If trying to deposit a smaller stack works then that's your issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
re: wizard chat, try to get your party members to give you their black spirit energy and use your meteor ability at 200%

its an airstrike of multiple meteors and i suspect it does ridiculous damage, though i haven't tried it in pvp