Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

New patch also makes it so that your guns don't automatically reload when you put them away. They was a hell of a thing to realize in the middle of a firefight

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
So I killed Bobbi No Nose with a headshot, and instead of having the head explode or sever and saik away, something different happened. All the flesh shredded off and left a bloody skull that was still attached. First time I've seen it happen, and it freaked me out.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Rough Lobster posted:

So I killed Bobbi No Nose with a headshot, and instead of having the head explode or sever and saik away, something different happened. All the flesh shredded off and left a bloody skull that was still attached. First time I've seen it happen, and it freaked me out.

I've never seen that, did you get a screenshot? I do love when you decapitate someone and a fountain of blood shoots out.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

Did you get the Bloody Mess Perk? Because that kind of thing will happen with that perk.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I don't have any Bloody Mess ranks, and sadly I didn't screenshot it. I wonder if it's got something to do with the new patch, since this character is almost level 70 and is a sniper build, so tons of headshots. Bobbi looked a bit like a Goliath from Borderlands when their helmet pops off.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Houdini posted:

I think it's got the groundwork for it in there. If you read up it fixes a few bugs but also added some cosmetic bits and pieces to the workshop. I'm turning the outdoor cinema into a super mutant colony now. It also added all the weird abstract paintings so I built an art gallery in sanctuary last night. :yum:

The achievements have been added on the Xbox one version as well so I'm really hoping that this just turns up on Tuesday.

They added in super mutant settlers?!

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

Volkerball posted:

The super mutant decoration (if that's what you'd call it) like the shopping trollies full of bones, the meat bags, cages and totems. There might be more but I haven't seen them.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Volkerball posted:

It would legitimately own if they did but no

all you have is dogs, humans and ghouls

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Rough Lobster posted:

I had this happen with a random mook's arm. Only time I noticed in like 80+ hours playtime.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
does the cloning stuff/special book thing still work? i just want an all round op char :P

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

my new dog posted:

does the cloning stuff/special book thing still work? i just want an all round op char :P

player.setav strength 10
player.setav perception 10

etc.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

my new dog posted:

Yes.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rough Lobster posted:

I actually just heard a new song and it really caught me off guard, something about a train. I have like 6 days of playtime on this game.
That's one of the songs sung by Lynda Carter. I'm not sure if they show up in the rotation before you visit Goodneighbor.

Ineffiable posted:

Are there anything interesting I should make sure I go see? Just assume I haven't been there. I want to finish the game soon and put it aside until a few expansions come out. I can also explore a little bit every time I load the game up for a new dlc release.
I discovered pretty late in the game that there were multiple vaults I hadn't visited yet. Might wanna check on those.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm having trouble getting back into this game. Thought it was time for a second playthrough, right after getting the season pass, but it's not grabbing me back like NV did.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Sniping dudes heads off with the railway rifle is great. The firing sound is great, and the projectile travel time just makes it more satisfying when you land a long distance hit. Especially when you see a dudes armor or leg going sailing off into the ether. I was looking for a replacement for my .50 cal sniper rifle, but I was really disappointed with the Gauss rifle.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh hey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TT46jgD17U

This looks a bit more than just a DLC version of RobCo Certified.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

That's a lot more customization than I was expecting.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If I can make an eyebot that hops around on one leg, I'll be happy.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Eh I don't give a poo poo about customizing robots. Looks like the Dlc will be just as meh for me as the main game.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Why yes Bethesda I do want a vicious melee kill droid for a companion, how did you know?

DLC looks good

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
For comparison, rewatch the fallout 4 trailer. Trailers dont mean poo poo.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
But there also is a place you can go to confront "the mechanist"? Wonder if it'll be the same one or just a different weirdo that loves the same comic book. Also please give whatever artist that drew those comics more money by putting more in the game with each DLC.

It looks good, but will it play good?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I can't wait to pay $2 for it on Christmas

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lol @ everyone who doesn't have so much money that it's trivial to buy the game and all the expansions at full price on release day

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

For comparison, rewatch the fallout 4 trailer. Trailers dont mean poo poo.

Why, the trailer showed everything the game had.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Bholder posted:

Why, the trailer showed everything the game had.

Yeah it was a good trailer. I just re-watched it and I don't see anything wrong with it. Not sure what Tenzarin's point is.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

rt4 posted:

Lol @ everyone who doesn't have so much money that it's trivial to buy the game and all the expansions at full price on release day

I honestly got the season pass because I needed to spend 30 bucks in order to get 15 bucks back on psn and the season pass was going to go up to 50 bucks. Effectively paying 15 bucks for the entire season pass is pretty good even if I might not spend as much time on customization of robots as some of you will on this dlc pack alone.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

marktheando posted:

Yeah it was a good trailer. I just re-watched it and I don't see anything wrong with it. Not sure what Tenzarin's point is.

Tenzarin hasn't actually played the game so it's safe to just ignore him

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
At least the robot dlc looks like it will be more than just robot customization.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I hope you can slap Codsworth into one of those customizable bodies, or add stuff to his. I like his ridiculous butler personality but hate his stupid Mr. Handy metal octopus body. Either way, roaming the wastes with a tank killbot monstrosity sounds like good times.

I hope the Antagonizer outfit turns up somewhere, too. I want all my companions dressed like comic book characters.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Look, Curie, I know you're enjoying your new synth body. Given how much I wake up and you're in my bed I assume you're digging the whole sex thing too. That's great and all, and this is kind of a bummer and I apologize, but look I really need you to be a robotic killdozer.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

rt4 posted:

lol @ having money and using it on fallout 4

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Looks like I can finally stop wearing Maxon's Battlecoat and wear an eyebot helmet again.

I do have three levels in robotics which I hope come to some use with this too.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Goddamn, like half the perk tree in this game is useless if you ignore VATS and go full mouse ADS.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Copper Vein posted:

Goddamn, like half the perk tree in this game is useless

Ftfy. I put 10 in all stats and it's always hard deciding what to get because between perk levels idk what to get.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Copper Vein posted:

Goddamn, like half the perk tree in this game is useless if you ignore VATS and go full mouse ADS.

Theres like 6 builds. Vats guns, no vats guns, vats sneak, no vats sneak, vats melee, no vats melee.

Not using vats is almost dumb because its the only way to get crits.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's a Bethesda game. Just do whatever seems fun and in a few hours you'll be so powerful that the game is a cakewalk even on the hardest difficulty.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Tenzarin posted:

Theres like 6 builds. Vats guns, no vats guns, vats sneak, no vats sneak, vats melee, no vats melee.

Not using vats is almost dumb because its the only way to get crits.

What the hell is VATS sneak? VATS while crouch'n?

I haven't needed critical hits since I can fire my guns as fast as I can click for guaranteed hits. Maybe that's different story at Lvl 83 or whatever but so far so good.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

On my second play through I'm having a lot of fun with the dogmeat plus vats perks. Also, I had a lockpicking legendary effect on one of my armor pieces last play through and i had forgotten how annoying it can be to break Bobby pins.

Also, is there any point to pistols if you can get the overseers guardian relatively easily?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The point to pistols is really taking advantage of VATS. Fast crit buildup, low ap cost. Reapers sprint, crit banking and lucky crits means I never leave vats and I always have crits to hit that one fucker that aggrod from the other town over.

• Locked thread