Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

I really hope that after Ninja Steel, Saban will ditch Nickelodeon cause their asinine scheduling is just a terrible thing for the franchise

yeah but saban got rid of torrin and replaced him with...that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Elfgames posted:

I'll admit I still find it weird that they did that, only reason I can think of is that the Torrin suit must have fallen apart rather quickly after they wrapped up Kyoryuger

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I hope that Power Rangers: Wild Instinct or whatever comes back around full circle, where they bring back JDF as Tommy, only now he's a floating head in a tube who demands "Teenagers With Attitude" from some Minecraft-looking robot that Saban pulls out of their rear end.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Elfgames posted:

They might still end up using him as there are apparently a pair of upcoming characters in Dino Charge named "Zenowing" and "Doomwing" which I'm assuming are the Power Rangers names for Torin and Mad Torin. Whether or not they'll keep him as Silver remains to be seen.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 11, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So how come normal people were able to see the Ganma in the most recent episode of Ghost? It didn't seem like a particularly special or unique one, so the fact everybody could see it was a bit odd.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Twelve by Pies posted:

So how come normal people were able to see the Ganma in the most recent episode of Ghost? It didn't seem like a particularly special or unique one, so the fact everybody could see it was a bit odd.

I think that was just a spot of the ol' "bad directing". The report about paranormal occurrences just said that people were busting into blue fire.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I thought that too but when it's attacking, Narita and Shibuya specifically say "She's attacking everyone!" and "Shh, she'll find us!" meaning they could absolutely see her. I don't feel like they'd make a mistake that big considering the entire premise of the Ganma is "invisible to humans" so the fact this one was visible to everybody puzzles me.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I thought that too but when it's attacking, Narita and Shibuya specifically say "She's attacking everyone!" and "Shh, she'll find us!" meaning they could absolutely see her. I don't feel like they'd make a mistake that big considering the entire premise of the Ganma is "invisible to humans" so the fact this one was visible to everybody puzzles me.

I think it has to do with Igor's device.

People could see Knife Ganma too once he was wearing the device. It's either due to something Igor did or just having the soul absorber makes a Ganma visible.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
obviously with her honorable nature the ganma wouldn't preform a sneak attack from invisibility.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
O-T has Zoo 5 up.

God drat they've already killed two enemy generals within five episodes. We also get some idea of how Yamato is able to use Zyuohger powers as a human.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Alpha3KV posted:

O-T has Zoo 5 up.

God drat they've already killed two enemy generals within five episodes. We also get some idea of how Yamato is able to use Zyuohger powers as a human.

I wonder if this is going to go a Goseigers route where there's more then one evil organization. Or if more gamblers to play in the Blood Game are gonna show up; it doesn't seem like these three were the only participants, there'd be no reason for the giant bow and arrow roulette space ship if that was the case, other then it looking cool of course. Might make sense that to keep it fresh and introduce new 'playing styles' generals are gonna go down and replacements are gonna pop up. Note I theorize this without actually seeing the episode because I can't watch it right now.

EDIT: After watching it I get the feeling Azald isn't actually dead. Or he has some kind of trick.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 14, 2016

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Larri the Gorilla is pretty great.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Right after he showed up I was wondering if he had the same voice actor as Joseph Joestar in the recent Stardust Crusaders part of the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime. Especially once he does the big NOOOO. Yep, one Google search later, I found out both are played by Unshō Ishizuka. Cool.

Less impressed with the ZyuohGorilla suit and already getting Red exclusive powerups, though.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
At least the red power up has a story motivating it and isn't because he's the best and most firrrrrred up.
I suspect there's a toy sales reason, if they didn't have a new red we'd have to get a sixth; sixths and secondary riders have been showing up earlier and earlier.

And look, this one even has consequences according to the episode preview. When's the last time we've had to weight the ethics of a power up? Gokaiger?

I do miss the shadow line's fights with the toqgers at this point. The fights against the leaders curbstomped the toqgers and the episodes resolved without them winning.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Acne Rain posted:

if they didn't have a new red we'd have to get a sixth;

i dont think we're going to get a sixth in episode 5 unless its like, some gigantic team for the season

which i'd be down with

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pyroi posted:

Agreed, and seeing as returning his Zyuman power is obviously out of the question I hope at least he doesn't die at the end of the next episode. Actually having him stick around for a while after this little arc is finished would be nice too.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 14, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So I'm guessing Larri is Peruvian or something?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Agito's coming to Blu-Ray, with the three Riders reuniting for the first time since the series was filmed to announce it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HERE WE GO

COUNT ZERO

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

T.G. Xarbala posted:

HERE WE GO

COUNT ZERO

KAMEN RIDER AGITO~

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I was hoping the old man was going to take the Necrom Driver but apparently Alain still has it, so oh well.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Something about Javert's face makes me constantly expect him to pull this expression:

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 17, 2016

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

gourdcaptain posted:

Right after he showed up I was wondering if he had the same voice actor as Joseph Joestar in the recent Stardust Crusaders part of the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime. Especially once he does the big NOOOO. Yep, one Google search later, I found out both are played by Unshō Ishizuka. Cool.

Less impressed with the ZyuohGorilla suit and already getting Red exclusive powerups, though.

On top of Larri being Joseph Jo-rilla, the main villain is voiced by the guy who did Kars in Battle Tendancy. :v:

They've got a pretty cool voice cast going for this sentai.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well as some people guessed by that teaser image, Kamen Rider Amazon's coming back and this time it looks like he brought a freind:

Apparently it's going to be a 13 episode mini series running on Amazon Prime(appropriately enough). There's a bit more info here.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 17, 2016

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Well as some people guessed by that teaser image, Kamen Rider Amazon's coming back and this time it looks like he brought a freind:

Apparently it's going to be a 13 episode mini series running on Amazon Prime(appropriately enough). There's a bit more info here.

oh my god yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Is that second one supposed to be his kid? That'd be amazing!

gently caress yes! I miss his scarf and wish they went more organic with his design, but at least he still has the jaw piece on his helmet

This is so good! Amazon is one of the best Showa Riders

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ah! Ma! Zo-oh my back!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Larryb posted:

Dear Toei. We have Amazon in the west too, surprisingly enough. Please let us see it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

mikeycp posted:

Dear Toei. We have Amazon in the west too, surprisingly enough. Please let us see it.

I would drop the money for a Prime subscription right now if they brought that over in English subs. I never bothered before because it won't play nice with a Chromecast.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

oh my god yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Is that second one supposed to be his kid? That'd be amazing!

gently caress yes! I miss his scarf and wish they went more organic with his design, but at least he still has the jaw piece on his helmet

This is so good! Amazon is one of the best Showa Riders

Apparently one is a Domestic Amazon and the other is a Wild Amazon (i.e: nice guy and rear end in a top hat.)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I have a Prime sub because I buy a lot of poo poo from Amazon, so the video stuff is just a nice bonus.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Apparently one is a Domestic Amazon and the other is a Wild Amazon (i.e: nice guy and rear end in a top hat.)

From what I'm reading, the original Amazon isn't actually going to be part of this series, which, you know that's fine.

I really hope Alpha, the red dude, is meant to be the hero though. His helmet is much better than the Green one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The green one actually looks very Heisei, while the red one is pure Showa. I wonder if that's intentional.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Poison Mushroom posted:

The green one actually looks very Heisei, while the red one is pure Showa. I wonder if that's intentional.

Considering the green one is named after the last letter (Omega) and the red one is named after the first (Alpha)...yeah, there's no way it isn't intentional.

The Kamen Rider Ghost Tumblr has some more info too. Quoting here:

quote:

To celebrate the 45th anniversary, a new weekly mini-series, Kamen Rider Amazons, will premiere on Amazon Prime this April 1st. The series stars Tomi Fujita as Yu Mizusawa / Kamen Rider Amazon Omega, the “cultured-type”, and Kenji Taniguchi as Jin Takayama / Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha, the “wild-type”. Kamen Rider Amazons will be written by Yasuko Kobayashi.

Starring: Tomi Fujita and Kenji Taniguchi
Supporting Actors: Rena Takeda, Ayu Higashi, Mitsutoshi Shundo, Ryota Kobayashi, Ryoma Baba, Kanon Miyahara, Katsuya, Kazuya Tanabe, Hiroshi Asahina, Katou Takako, and Toshimasa Komatsu.
Directed by: Hidenori Ishida, Ryuta Tasaki, and Osamu Kaneda
Written by: Yasuko Kobayashi

Having Kobayashi writing gives me hope for the show, although I find it weird how this seems to be unconnected to the original Amazon series. Is the original actor retired or something? He's never reappeared, not even in other Showa series apart from the immediate follower Stronger.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe the actor for Amazon kinda went off the grid after Amazon. I heard an anecdote that a couple decades later, he was surprised that Kamen Rider was still running because he figured that the response to and truncation of Amazon had killed the series.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/Ragnarock0100/status/710675199016964096

August 2016

E: and the trailer

Ignis fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 18, 2016

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That poo poo looks loving BRUTAL, which I understand is true to the source material.

God, I want official subs so I can show it to people.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my God that is better than I had any belief it would be

loving Hell we're actually getting a true to the original Amazon

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If they're ridiculously friendly and make nice with a mole man I will be so happy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ghost is really picking up steam now. I'm not sure why it was necessary to bother lying about Alain killing his dad, though. Like 99.99% of the ganma world population seems to be drones and flying dragons.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looks good so far, though something about it is giving me a real Kamen Rider The First/Next vibe. Also it's too bad they just kind of casually say "Amazon" to transform rather than going with the full "AH-MAH-ZOOON!" from the original (which even the Decade version tried to replicate even if the actor they got for the role was terrible). Still looks interesting though.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Serious Frolicking posted:

Ghost is really picking up steam now. I'm not sure why it was necessary to bother lying about Alain killing his dad, though. Like 99.99% of the ganma world population seems to be drones and flying dragons.

• It's a coup. That's how coups work. Somebody has to take the fall.
  • They have to have some reason for him to join the good guys and fight his brother.

• Locked thread