Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I Hate Big Butts
I Like Big Butts
... This song is by an individual named "Sir Mix-A-Lot".
I Like Small Butts

Weird Al is very indecisive about what kind of butts he likes. He also seems to be characterized by his neo-conservative leanings and hatred of Microsoft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

axleblaze posted:

I like how that Speed Racer song doesn't even bear a passing resemblance to an Aphex Twin song, at least the SoaD Zelda sorta sounded like them if you didn't really know what they sounded like.

Yet I've never seen that song attributed to anyone else, so I have no idea who did it. :iiam:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The very first Google result for "Speed Racer Remix" is properly attributed.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7g0Ox-2c3M

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Even wacky racing games that aren't just Mario Kart would sure as sugar be nice.

*a whisper floats in on the wind* rocket league was one of the GOTYs last year~~~

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also whats that one with the flipping around when ur racing and then ur car can get cut in half and keep going

also that retro AESTEHTIC drifter

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

*a whisper floats in on the wind* rocket league was one of the GOTYs last year~~~

stux......

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Stux posted:

Rocket League isn't a racing game though, and it's not really "wacky" per se.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
There can only be one goty

but yeah it was rocket league

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chocobo Racing for PS1 starring the Chocobo from Final Fantasy for the PS1 and also in the demo for Chocobo's Dungeon 2 featured on the disc for Chocobo Racing for the PS1.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

i would contend it's a goofy sports game but yeah

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I always wanted to play that Chocobo's Dungeon game but never did for some reason.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I always wanted to play that Chocobo's Dungeon game but never did for some reason.
It's not very good.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

its not racing nah, but it is a sports game and id say its goofy/wacky maybe not in its core design but playing it is as ridiculous as playing something like nba jam

they're even adding basketball!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

There can only be one goty

but yeah it was rocket league

pipped at the post by bloodborne and blops 3 but its up there

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Stux posted:

its not racing nah, but it is a sports game and id say its goofy/wacky maybe not in its core design but playing it is as ridiculous as playing something like nba jam

they're even adding basketball!!

Well sure but the post you quoted was specifically talking about racing games and Rocket League features cars so it's very easy to accidentally think you were calling it a racing game!

Remember when they rebooted Twisted Metal and it had like five characters lmao.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Well sure but the post you quoted was specifically talking about racing games and Rocket League features cars so it's very easy to accidentally think you were calling it a racing game!

Remember when they rebooted Twisted Metal and it had like five characters lmao.

sorry i did think about quoting the earlier one about sportss in general to clarify instead but then... apathy set in...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lady Naga posted:

Even wacky racing games that aren't just Mario Kart would sure as sugar be nice.

U mean like everything in this playlist?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wipeout 2048 is cool and that's relatively recent

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The fact that I haven't heard about any of those games speaks volumes for how dire the genre is.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

drift stage and distance we the ones i was refereering to earlier!

buyt yeah the genre as a whole is..... smaller and not as prolific as it once was.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
These games were always somewhat niche but I'd really appreciate a return to a world where things like Twisted Metal, Burnout and Demolition Derby were household names.

Remember Vigilante 8?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

buyt yeah the genre as a whole is..... smaller and not as prolific as it once was.

The other issue is that both of those are Early Access so they're not even games at the moment

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lady Naga posted:

Remember Vigilante 8?

Oh, sweet, I didn't know Killer7 got a sequel.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/389510/

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

These games were always somewhat niche but I'd really appreciate a return to a world where things like Twisted Metal, Burnout and Demolition Derby were household names.

Remember Vigilante 8?

demolition derby... the best one...

In Training posted:

The other issue is that both of those are Early Access so they're not even games at the moment

YOURE not even a game lmao sorry to "rek" u like that buddy but if u softball em in im gonna have to take a swing ;)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stux posted:

It's coming back tho.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
My dad had Demolition Derby...2 I think but his rear end in a top hat friend stole it along with a few other games including our non-Director's Cut Resident Evil.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

In Training posted:

Actually, I think you'll find that arbitrarily declaring things to not be proper or "real" videogames is [TRAILS OFF INTO 60,000-WORD ESSAY THAT LITERALLY NOBODY WORTH A poo poo READS]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats ironic, my friend had demolition derby 2 and my rear end in a top hat dad stole it from him

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Kins posted:

Actually, I think you'll find that arbitrarily declaring things to not be proper or "real" videogames is [TRAILS OFF INTO 60,000-WORD ESSAY THAT LITERALLY NOBODY WORTH A poo poo READS]

same

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
One time we rented Stuntman for the PS2 and when I woke up the morning after playing it it had literally cracked in half inside the disc tray. I have absolutely no idea what happened but obviously Blockbuster wasn't buying that we didn't do it ourselves so we had to pay for it.

I'm pretty sure I left the PS2 on overnight so it might've overheated or something I don't know.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If somebody took the speed and race mechanics from Sleeping Dogs and gave me a customizable load-out of weapons to equip my car and a few bowl-shaped arenas to shoot rockets in, it'd make an amazing destruction derby game.

Sleeping Dogs has my favorite racing mechanics ever. Being able to just smash yourself into another driver and knock them into a noodle car never got old.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The poor flag lady would always get run over :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

Lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lady Naga posted:

One time we rented Stuntman for the PS2 and when I woke up the morning after playing it it had literally cracked in half inside the disc tray. I have absolutely no idea what happened but obviously Blockbuster wasn't buying that we didn't do it ourselves so we had to pay for it.

I'm pretty sure I left the PS2 on overnight so it might've overheated or something I don't know.

The disc 'mysteriously' snapping in half is the only response to playing Stuntman

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Stuntman was okay! It was fine. It was worth a rental price.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The disc 'mysteriously' snapping in half is the only response to playing Stuntman

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Holy loving poo poo The Flying Omelette is still getting updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I didn't play the original Stuntman but I did play Ignition and thought it ruled.

• Locked thread