Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Strategy posted:

The 35-40 grind is killing me, I heard it speeds up 40+, goons please confirm.

Where are you grinding? I breezed through 35-37 in about an hour last night. Forsaken Land then Masked Owls.

I am currently 37 and will be on this evening around 5pm PST if you want to group grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Rafza posted:

re: wizard chat, try to get your party members to give you their black spirit energy and use your meteor ability at 200%

its an airstrike of multiple meteors and i suspect it does ridiculous damage, though i haven't tried it in pvp

Just use the 100% for the stunlock and shield

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would do maked owls until 40, then go to petrified miners

at 40 they will probably be purple or red to you, but they are the slowest moving/attacking monsters in the game that I've come across and there are a gently caress ton of them so its not as bad as you'd think

do that until 43? Maybe?

Then do giants south of there until like 45-46

then do like the Mansha people southwest of Calpheon until 47-48

then keep doing that until 50 maybe unless you can find a Catfishman group and then do that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also everyone in this game is terrified to PvP

I have been attacked twice so far since hitting 50, the first time by a 2 (then 3) people who were incredibly incompetent and I power bombed them and kept farming until they left me alone

the 2nd time by Lewtt while fishing ON THE SAME BOAT

the moral of the story is that being 50 so far isn't too scary as far as people trying to gank you and lewtt is a big jerk

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Drythe posted:

Despite the items stacking it's likely putting them in 1 for each slot then stacking them. I know it does this with sunflower crates and is really annoying. If trying to deposit a smaller stack works then that's your issue.

I don't think this is it only because I tried depositing a stack of 2 carrots and had the same issue.

Clocks posted:

Someone's probably going to come along with a better suggestion but have you tried logging out and back in yet? I've had some wonkiness with workers before and that tends to fix it.

I just noticed this morning and then had to go to work so I have not tried that yet. I will tonight. Hopefully it is just that simple.

I am trying to think of other ways to test this in the mean time as well. I have about 70 total slots and about 50 of them are presently taken so it is quite a pain to perform trial and error if the problem is a specific item or multiple...

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Clocks posted:

Someone's probably going to come along with a better suggestion but have you tried logging out and back in yet? I've had some wonkiness with workers before and that tends to fix it.

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Rafza posted:

re: wizard chat, try to get your party members to give you their black spirit energy and use your meteor ability at 200%

its an airstrike of multiple meteors and i suspect it does ridiculous damage, though i haven't tried it in pvp

I've had bad luck with Witch 100% power, the damage isn't there and it tends to miss alot. Especially on AFK fishermen. I just don't understand it. For actual PVP it's pretty lovely because the person recieving the dmg will just pot up before getting hit with the lightening again. The overall dmg on it is high but since it has to strike like 3 time the guy will pot up before taking the full dmg. It's only useful when they are coming at you since you get a shield while you are casting.

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013
So support says that the repair function actually doesn't work unless you get rid of the corrupt files yourself, simply renaming or deleting the version file doesn't really do poo poo otherwise.

If you experience file corruption either send in logs to their support team so they can tell you exactly what to delete or just delete the Paz folder and redownload the 32 gigs.

I haven't had much time to gently caress around since doing it but it's been a lot more stable since just deleting the drat thing.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Zarcnest posted:

I've had bad luck with Witch 100% power, the damage isn't there and it tends to miss alot. Especially on AFK fishermen. I just don't understand it. For actual PVP it's pretty lovely because the person recieving the dmg will just pot up before getting hit with the lightening again. The overall dmg on it is high but since it has to strike like 3 time the guy will pot up before taking the full dmg. It's only useful when they are coming at you since you get a shield while you are casting.

ive only used the 100% once in pvp on some lotd idiots and the damage was there, but he wasn't knocked down or anything so he only took one volley before dodging away and healing

leading with a fireball/explosion combo and then 100% rage would probably be the best way to do it

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Rafza posted:

ive only used the 100% once in pvp on some lotd idiots and the damage was there, but he wasn't knocked down or anything so he only took one volley before dodging away and healing

leading with a fireball/explosion combo and then 100% rage would probably be the best way to do it

I'll probably try that tonight. Have you tried catching auto pathing people? My freeze spell doesn't work on then and I can't seem to knock them down. :(

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Zarcnest posted:

I'll probably try that tonight. Have you tried catching auto pathing people? My freeze spell doesn't work on then and I can't seem to knock them down. :(

Chase them with RMB /shotgun the Multi-Magic Missile ability and teleport to charge up a fireball/explosion combo as they're running past; if they get knocked down, then you can chain lightning > lightning dispersion (shift + rmb into lmb+rmb) and then call lightning into lightning overload (down + f into rmb), if not you can sprint and teleport soon again to keep up. teleport is really, really good for catching runners

i know half of those are not the spell names but i included the combos for you

e: also theres an ability that makes you instant cast everything for like 10 seconds, its great and you should get it if you aren't using it already

the spell speed buff is also good if that buff is spent

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 14, 2016

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I have been trying to bump up my trade skill by stopping at every single wheel on the minimap and dumping everything in my wagon and then filling back up (based on availability) and moving on. Is there a better way to do this? It isn't terrible, but it feels like it'll be a looooong climb.

Also... it seems odd to me but is there even a point to wagons? Seems I can just transport via storage nearly instantly between the two farthest points on my map at a laughably small fee. Something I'm not getting here? If this is the case I don't see master traders ever bothering to wagon things around.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kaedric posted:

I have been trying to bump up my trade skill by stopping at every single wheel on the minimap and dumping everything in my wagon and then filling back up (based on availability) and moving on. Is there a better way to do this? It isn't terrible, but it feels like it'll be a looooong climb.

Also... it seems odd to me but is there even a point to wagons? Seems I can just transport via storage nearly instantly between the two farthest points on my map at a laughably small fee. Something I'm not getting here? If this is the case I don't see master traders ever bothering to wagon things around.

Wagons are nice for leveling two horses at once!

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Horsechat: Got a level 15 T3 Male and a level 15 T2 Female. Am I reasonably safe to breed these and see a T4, or should I train them some more first? Trying to find numbers on this stuff is hard.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Wagons are nice for leveling two horses at once!

Should I assume this holds true for the four horse wagon as well?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Wilekat posted:

Horsechat: Got a level 15 T3 Male and a level 15 T2 Female. Am I reasonably safe to breed these and see a T4, or should I train them some more first? Trying to find numbers on this stuff is hard.

The only T4 I've gotten was from two T3's at level 10 and 11. All my other T3 pairs have only given me T3s, at varying levels, so I have a feeling that a T2 is even less likely to give a tier 4 unless it's over like level 25.

Feel free to peruse my extremely spergy horse breeding spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RVhZ_YuOpy6LW9ldLwKIPFEau3dHOWk_m2IOMwc58RA/edit?usp=sharing

Sheet 1 is my current roster and Sheet 2 is all the horses I've released or exchanged, so you can see what tiers and levels things were when they got bred.

Kaedric posted:

Should I assume this holds true for the four horse wagon as well?

Presumably! Though it splits the exp between all the horses so it would probably be really slow.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Some Valkyrie numbers:
code:
DAMAGE:SKILL POINT EFFICIENCY
skill 	 	  +/-% [rank] sp( %:sp)
judgment 	+1248% [1]free
punishment	 +315% [1]free
forward 	 +286% [1]free
flying		 +240% [1]free
charging 	 +220% [1]free
glaring 	 +990% [1]for  6(165.0)
slash 		 +160% [1]free
just 		 +741% [1]for  6(123.5)
celestial	 +360% [1]for  3(120.0)
flurry		 +120% [1]free
shield		 +112% [1]free
divine		 +684% [1]for 10( 68.4)
counter		 +200% [1]for  3( 66.7)
righteous	  +62% [1]free
severing	 +244% [1]for  3( 61.3)
judgment	 +791% [2]for 13( 60.1)
skyward		 +230% [1]for  5( 46.0)
judgment	 +791% [3]for 20( 39.6)
glaring		 +378% [2]for 10( 37.8)
throw 		 +255% [1]for  7( 36.4)
divine		+1566% [5]for 44( 35.6)
just 		 +417% [2]for 12( 34.8)
righteous	 +744% [4]for 24( 31.0)
judgment	 +791% [4]for 28( 28.3)
shield		 +162% [2]for  6( 27.0)
forward 	 +144% [2]for  6( 24.0)
glaring		 +378% [3]for 17( 22.2)
divine		 +546% [4]for 25( 21.8)
severing	 +536% [5]for 26( 20.6)
sideways	 +112% [1]for  6( 18.7)
sharp		 +174% [2]for 10( 17.4)
sharp		 +144% [1]for  9( 16.0)
glaring		 +378% [4]for 25( 15.2)
counter		 +126%to+162% [3]for 9(14-18)
just		 +243% [3]for 18( 13.5)
counter		  +90%to357% [2]for 7(12.9-51)
s.counter	 +125% [1]for 10( 12.5)
forward		 +134% [3]for 12( 11.2)
sideways	  +77% [2]for  7( 11.0)
severing	  +82% [2]for  8( 10.3)
sharp		 +134% [3]for 14(  9.6)
flying 		  +74% [2]for  8(  9.3)
glaring		 +378% [5]for 41(  9.2)
flurry		  +88% [3]for 10(  8.8)
sideways	  +87% [3]for 10(  8.7)
punishment	  +50% [2]for  6(  8.3)
flurry		  +47% [2]for  6(  7.9)
righteous	 +104% [2]for 13(  7.7)
sharp		 +151% [4]for 22(  6.9)
divine 		  +94% [2]for 14(  6.7)
throw 		 +103% [2]for 16(  6.4)
flying		 +100% [3]for 16(  6.3)
righteous	 +110% [3]for 18(  6.1)
celestial	  +48% [2]for  9(  5.3)
charging	  +76% [2]for 15(  5.1)
skyward		 +113% [3]for 22(  5.1)
punishment	  +50% [3]for 10(  5.0)
punishment	  +70% [4]for 16(  4.4)
skyward		  +53% [2]for 13(  4.1)
charging	  +76% [3]for 20(  3.8)
celestial	  +48% [3]for 13(  3.7)
severing	  +44% [3]for 12(  3.7)
severing	  +61% [4]for 18(  3.4)
flurry		  +62% [4]for 22(  2.8)
shield		  +24% [3]for  9(  2.7)
slash		  +16% [2]for  6(  2.7)
slash		  +16% [3]for  6(  2.7)
slash		  +16% [4]for  8(  2.0)
celestial	  +48% [4]for 24(  2.0)
slash		  +16% [5]for 10(  1.6)
slash		  +16% [6]for 15(  1.1)
slash		  +16% [7]for 19(  0.8)
slash		  +16% [8]for 25(  0.6)
slash		  +16% [9]for 31(  0.5)
slash		  +16% [X]for 40(  0.4)
divine		  -81% [3]for 17( -4.7)

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 15, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Those are indeed a shitload of numbers. Do they actually mean anything? :psyduck:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Fixed my storage issue. Relogging did the trick. loving weird rear end game.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I finally got a Donkey and bought my first houses. Time to get the babby crafting/alchemy/cooking quests done. I haven't even left Velia yet. I'm really not sure what I want to do in this game yet. I guess its time to learn about nodes and trading and such.

Having a lot of fun doing a lot of walking in circles in town, enjoying the visuals and such.
What are the names to add for a guild invite to ParksAndRec or GoonTang?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Those are indeed a shitload of numbers. Do they actually mean anything? :psyduck:

Yes, but the information isn't actually useful.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

It's Official!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Jerks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah I was looking at my map trying to figure out why I was dying on a road

DICK

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its ok i dont blame you

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Could I get a goon guild invite? Or let me know who to PM in game? I''ll be online the next hour or so - Uno/Balenos IGN: Lady_Nebular

Minsky
May 23, 2001

This guy's pvp videos is what made me originally pick berserker so it's a bit disheartening to see this as his next video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultGzo-piXE

hopefully by the time I manage to get off my rear end and finish grinding to 50, I will be miraculously lucky and not suffer from it though I don't hold much hope since I've already seen other berserkers in the guild complain about it.

Otherwise maybe I'll just make a warrior alt or something cause the way it looks in that video looks way too irritating to play.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Few spots open in Goontang, whisper Kimsemus or VietCong for an invite.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Probad posted:

Yes, but the information isn't actually useful.
It depends on your point of view. More damage-per-skill point skills might be useful to someone.

Trying to determine how useful it would be, damage-wise, for skill point drove the creation of this list. It's not really a guide, but if (for example) you ever thought about investing in Slash for damage - don't.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

Minsky posted:

This guy's pvp videos is what made me originally pick berserker so it's a bit disheartening to see this as his next video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultGzo-piXE

hopefully by the time I manage to get off my rear end and finish grinding to 50, I will be miraculously lucky and not suffer from it though I don't hold much hope since I've already seen other berserkers in the guild complain about it.

Otherwise maybe I'll just make a warrior alt or something cause the way it looks in that video looks way too irritating to play.

This is infuriating, I think the servers are just overloaded right now.

I'm on a fiber connection less than 1000 miles from the server and im constantly warping all over the place.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

what you didn't mention was when you warned eonwe when i was coming to kill him so goontang would win the final war
you are a DISGRACE and I should dock your pay EVEN FURTHER for pretending this makes up for it
you are a super bad man and you should feel super bad about it

btw

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
F-f-f-final battle?

So I built a fishing boat using workers from iliya, velia, and heidel.

The last worker was from heidel and he took the fishing boat home with him.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Kimsemus posted:

Few spots open in Goontang, whisper Kimsemus or VietCong for an invite.

You can whisper me too (Family name: Dentata; alts: Birginia, Chenrizek, Pannus) if those guys aren't responding.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Third World Reggin posted:

F-f-f-final battle?

congrats on your new river boat!

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

F-f-f-final battle?

Don't try and take the boat to the ocean via the river going north toward olvia, it won't make it under the bridge. You have to go all the way through Calpheon->Epheria

edit: Oh wait...you just have to pick it up in the warehouse there...you didn't register it in Heidel did you?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So is the game any good? Should I pick it up?

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Strategy posted:

This is infuriating, I think the servers are just overloaded right now.

I'm on a fiber connection less than 1000 miles from the server and im constantly warping all over the place.

I had it happen with a boss fight last night and chalked it up to just random lag. Then I saw this video linked from an official forum megathread full of angry people suffering from it in pvp, so I don't hold out much hope for a quick fix.

Someone on reddit posted that apparently this kind of desyncing has been fixed in one of the Mediah update patches but who knows when that hits NA.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

So I hit 20 and wanted to get in on the hot horse-breeding action and there's no loving horses anywhere. Even flipping channels trying around 5 different spawns I didn't find poo poo. Kinda sucks :|

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i tried pressing the 't' button to do auto combat but i just stood there like an idiot and my character died
why can i automatically walk around but cant fight that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Kaedric posted:

So I hit 20 and wanted to get in on the hot horse-breeding action and there's no loving horses anywhere. Even flipping channels trying around 5 different spawns I didn't find poo poo. Kinda sucks :|

There's too many dang people playing this weird game. They need more channels.