Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah my second cycle guy got some magic so I could mess around with the Kos parasite. Some of the spells are awesome. Quickening bone because instant transmission is some win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

thank you to whoever said blades of mercy get good at +6 because wow you were right. this run is going great now, I've just started cainhurst and I always do cainhurst the moment forbidden woods opens up because I need that Deep Respect gesture so bad on all my characters. it's the best.

what are the other good skill weapons besides the whip?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

untransformed Chikage is a skill wep, which you could get since you finished Cainhurst

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

thank you to whoever said blades of mercy get good at +6 because wow you were right. this run is going great now, I've just started cainhurst and I always do cainhurst the moment forbidden woods opens up because I need that Deep Respect gesture so bad on all my characters. it's the best.

what are the other good skill weapons besides the whip?

Reiterpallasch .

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i beat the big hotdog on my new guy pretty quickly this time, only like 8 or so. having decent damage on my gun helped a lot, because i was able to pump shots into him when he was doing the flame bite (i think it was hitting counter damage too). that helped me get the stagger a lot quicker. i finished it out by getting lucky with a stagger as he was getting into his really hard phase, and also lucked out by not getting hit by any surprised flame charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tff7yDWqkE

onto amy. i'm pretty sure i've got her down in under five, but we'll see.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://zippy.gfycat.com/DefensivePoisedAmericanwarmblood.webm

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Best game ever

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

apropos to nothing posted:

salt and sanctuary is coming out next week. I wonder how a 2D "souls like" is gonna be. it looks kinda bland from gameplay footage I've seen but everybody seems to be hyping it so who knows

Its go8ng to be bad

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

Its go8ng to be bad

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
my favorite skill weapon is the rakuyo but you gotta go through the dlc to get it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i guess that's a good incentive to do NG+

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
defiled amy went down pretty quick. maybe 6 tries? once again, having decent damage on my gun really helped

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk how I would have beaten defiled Amy's second phase without a ranged attack

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

very carefully

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good, good dog

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

i think you could conceivably stay mid-range and bait his tantrums and stay right under him and then hit his noggin

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If you wail on his crotch with Ludwigs he basically stays staggered through all of his hard phase

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Benny D posted:

If you wail on his crotch with Ludwigs he basically stays staggered through all of his hard phase

Did the same with the hunter's axe two-handed.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Ive been struggling not to kill the regular story Amygdala, since there's so few areas in the game with built-in bell ringers. I do sort of want that ailing loran chalice tho..

Dec 26, 2012

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Ive been struggling not to kill the regular story Amygdala, since there's so few areas in the game with built-in bell ringers. I do sort of want that ailing loran chalice tho..

the first area of the dlc is the hottest dlc hotspot imo, since ringing the red bell summons a maiden if u have Laurence activated.....u will get tons of hits but the scenery sucks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
meant to say hottest PVP hotspot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the scenery in the first area is cool...

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
research hall would be a better spot i feel

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

the scenery in the first area is cool...

i prefer fishing hamlet or mensis.....all that yellow bugs me

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

getting invaded in the fishing hamlet is a fuckin nightmare. theres so many different enemies everywhere that you can get backed up into if you don't watch yourself. it's really intense, if you can hndle it

Dec 26, 2012

01011001 posted:

i'll try it anyhow

update: its ok

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i was thinking...you know how you can briefly keep striking a dead enemy to regain health...what if that's intentional...to make the player feel th e bloodlust of the old hunters unable to control theirselves...

Dec 26, 2012

makes enough sense

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

i was thinking...you know how you can briefly keep striking a dead enemy to regain health...what if that's intentional...to make the player feel th e bloodlust of the old hunters unable to control theirselves...

The frenzy of the hunt

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

"Adept, merciless, half-cut with blood, as all the best hunters are."

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

The opening cutscene to the Gascoigne fight where he's hacking up corpses

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My biggest wish for ds3 is that the npc fights are as good as the hunter fights in bloodborne

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

yah duh imo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Oh Long Johnson posted:

The opening cutscene to the Gascoigne fight where he's hacking up corpses

gascoigne as a co-op summon goes fully nuts on enemy corpses

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

gascoigne as a co-op summon goes fully nuts on enemy corpses

woha i didnt know you could summon gascoigne. wht for, the cleric beast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

woha i didnt know you could summon gascoigne. wht for, the cleric beast?

Yes