Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWE posted info and video footage of that canceled WWE Brawl game. It looks rad as hell and now I'm sad.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/cancelled-wwe-brawl-video-gameplay-stone-cold-steve-austin-vs-the-miz

http://www.wwe.com/videos/cancelled-wwe-brawl-video-gameplay-rey-mysterio-vs-r-truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'd love to get some more wrestling games that were actually different from just normal wrestling games. I loved WWE All Stars (I actually bought it on PS3 and 3DS) and the personalities of a lot of wrestlers do translate well to other genres. Can you imagine if they bought out a version of Crush Hour that was actually good? I would be all over that poo poo

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

RBX posted:

The pc version IN GAME is fine......if it ever loads. Either it takes literal 5 or 6 minutes to open/first load or it hangs and you have to force close it.

Haven't had time to check CAW stuff and see if it's easier this year. I got it for cheap so whatever.

I have no problems loading with 15 or 16 on my PC.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The gameplay looks fun as hell, but the visual style is really off-putting to me for some reason.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

WWE All-Stars 2: Backstage Assault

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Why would they post videos of a cancelled game that I want more than any of the games they have available for purchase?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lady Naga posted:

The main thing I wanna do is replace the Limp Bizkit song with the much more hilarious Bikertaker one.

"Bad asses always kick an rear end in a top hat's rear end..."

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Cubone posted:

Why would they post videos of a cancelled game that I want more than any of the games they have available for purchase?

Maybe it's the .com guys trying to scare up interest for a similar project.

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice
In WWE 2K16, where is a simple schoolboy roll-up in the moves list? Or a backslide?

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

jred250 posted:

In WWE 2K16, where is a simple schoolboy roll-up in the moves list? Or a backslide?

Special pin abilities has both and more. At least I'm sure a version of school boy is in.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The backslide is only in as the third part of the Flair style schoolboy reversal sequence.

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice

remusclaw posted:

The backslide is only in as the third part of the Flair style schoolboy reversal sequence.

I found the schoolboy, it is found in the leverage pin section. I guess I will need to invest my story points to get the leverage pin skill. In story mode, you can bust out perfect hurricaranas and piledrivers on day one, but you need time to develop what is most likely the most basic move in wrestling. Makes total sense!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The gameplay is due for another restructuring to be sure. Regular pins need to find a way back into the regular move-set, and Seated top rope moves should just be recombined with the corner moves, as they make you risk reversals like three times in order to use them. Further, weak grapples are useless in this game, they give you one more chance to be reversed than medium or strong grapples, do less damage, and take longer to do than either of them.

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice

remusclaw posted:

The gameplay is due for another restructuring to be sure. Regular pins need to find a way back into the regular move-set, and Seated top rope moves should just be recombined with the corner moves, as they make you risk reversals like three times in order to use them. Further, weak grapples are useless in this game, they give you one more chance to be reversed than medium or strong grapples, do less damage, and take longer to do than either of them.

Now that reversals are limited you could tweak the "grappling tiers". If you wanted to balance them, you could could adjust the timing windows of the grappling tiers. Weak grapple maneuvers have the absolute tightest reversal window, medium grapples are normal, and strong grapples are a little easier to reverse.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jred250 posted:

I found the schoolboy, it is found in the leverage pin section. I guess I will need to invest my story points to get the leverage pin skill. In story mode, you can bust out perfect hurricaranas and piledrivers on day one, but you need time to develop what is most likely the most basic move in wrestling. Makes total sense!

yeah I never really figured out the progression in the story mode. Other than the bizarre locked items, you start out with access to some pretty sweet moves.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

They even give you the option to cheat up your stats if you have the dlc, but no way to get the skills and abilities without long periods of grinding. So you can head drop guys all day long but you'll probably be a multi time title holder before you ever think about climbing to the top rope.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

just like ric flair

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
With the sound injector for 2k16 releasing soon is it possible I could get a list of dudes with songs I'd be better off replacing? (Like giving DDP his WCW theme instead of whatever non-copyright infringing piece they gave him, or updating Balor's music, that kind of thing.)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Here's an odd question about 2k16

My fiancée spent the time creating a female character before realizing that the men still aren't allowed to fight women in this game. Is there a way she can simply copy the wrestler and only change the gender? Or would she have to go through the entire creation process all over again?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Here's an odd question about 2k16

My fiancée spent the time creating a female character before realizing that the men still aren't allowed to fight women in this game. Is there a way she can simply copy the wrestler and only change the gender? Or would she have to go through the entire creation process all over again?

There is no gender drop down box that allows you to have intergender matches no.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lady Naga posted:

There is no gender drop down box that allows you to have intergender matches no.

That's not what I'm asking, I understand that there are no intergender matches in this game. I'm wondering if you can copy a "Diva" wrestler, then switch the copy to a "Superstar" somehow so you can keep all the moveset, outfits, etc and only end up changing the gender. Or would you have to create a Diva entirely from the ground up with the same stuff?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I've definitely seen people doing modded intergender stuff that I think just flags that character as a man or a woman but I don't know the specifics.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Is there a point at which you can copy your mycareer character over to your universe? Really don't want to spend another hour getting my moveset perfect again.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

Mar 14: Injury Frequency

Each injury can now be set to have an individual frequency that sets how likely it is to occur. This allows injuries to be divided up so that some are very common, some very rare, etc, and make things more realistic.

Mar 14: Global Injury Rate

By request, the overall rate of injury across the game world is higher, resulting in more injuries happening. You can still set the general frequency via the Options menu, but all options result in a higher amount than they would in TEW2013.

Mar 14: Extra Injury Rate Setting

The injury rate option now has an additional level, Extreme. This is for users who like to have a lot of injuries in their games.

quote:

Mar 14: Screw Jobs

The user can now choose to perform a 'screw job' on one of his employees via the road agent notes. This involves hatching a plan with his opponent whereby the victim believes he is going to be winning the match, only for you to either have a fast count or 'false' submission happen to make him lose.

This risky last resort allows the user to indulge his inner villain and can be useful for taking a belt off someone who doesn't want to do a job...but it may not go down so well with the rest of the locker room.

:shepspends:

I love it Maggle, it exists almost for the sole function of being a dick

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hope you get a locker room bonus if you screw over someone who is hated

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I don't know what the overlap is between the people who post in this thread, own 2k16 and don't check or post in Smacktalks at all but for the record it is indeed possible to take both characters and entrances from 2k15 and put them in 16. As of now you have to overwrite existing characters and entrances but there should be a method for adding totally new characters soon like you could in 15. No news about re-adding deleted moves either yet.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I found out that if you do a run in on Balor while he's crawling out of the mist as THE DEMON, 2k16 will crash to desktop if you go to hit him.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Shellman posted:

Is there a point at which you can copy your mycareer character over to your universe? Really don't want to spend another hour getting my moveset perfect again.

Nope, I found this out the hard way. The correct order to do things, not that you're ever told this, is to create your character outside of MyCareer first. Then import them to MyCareer.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Testekill posted:

The number of times I've stupidly put a belt on a guy who is only on loan or a short term contact as part of a storyline only for them to then refuse to do a job...this would have been perfect.

Happened in my last AWA game, Ric Flair refused to lose to Curt Hennig or Vader so I had to put the belt on Bret Hart to get it off him, it would have been waaaay more fun unleashing the Minneapolis Screwjob on the Nature Boy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Two Beans posted:

I found out that if you do a run in on Balor while he's crawling out of the mist as THE DEMON, 2k16 will crash to desktop if you go to hit him.

This crashed the game on my PS4 once as well, so I guess it's a persistent glitch.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Testekill posted:

I want to run a promotion with every match ending in a screwjob and see how long it takes for everything to go to hell.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I like how every new WWE game seems extremely hard for like an hour, then you get a hold of the new rhythm with reversal timings and it's extremely easy.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Fat Lowtax posted:

I like how every new WWE game seems extremely hard for like an hour, then you get a hold of the new rhythm with reversal timings and it's extremely easy.

Then you quit playing it after another hour because it's still a bad game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Are there any reviews of UFC 2 from someone who understands MMA?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

Yeah, I would like input from people who have played it in regards to the limited number of reversals you get.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Yeah, I would like input from people who have played it in regards to the limited number of reversals you get.

I like the limited reversal system, it adds a layer of strategy to the game. For example, if you're on your last reversal and the CPU has his finisher, you might decide to eat some punches or something to try and predict when they go for their move. Or sometimes I do some ringside brawling to give myself time to recharge a reversal with no worry about getting pinned.

If they didn't have it, I'd just reverse every single move thrown at me like all the other Smackdown games.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Limited reversals is by far the biggest improvement to the game-play in years. That combined with the fact that the cpu will not let up on you at all when they are beating on you means you really need to watch your reversals, or hope against hope to get a strike in or take a powder to maybe turn the beating the other way.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Are there any reviews of UFC 2 from someone who understands MMA?

I'll write something up in here tomorrow when I get it.

Also, having waited for WWE 2k16's PC port: Jesus, the career mode is somehow even more repetitive than it was last year. How is that even possible?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

CarlCX posted:

I'll write something up in here tomorrow when I get it.

Also, having waited for WWE 2k16's PC port: Jesus, the career mode is somehow even more repetitive than it was last year. How is that even possible?

Having to do a career mode, a showcase mode, a universe mode and multiplayer stretches teams thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

I like the limited reversal system, it adds a layer of strategy to the game. For example, if you're on your last reversal and the CPU has his finisher, you might decide to eat some punches or something to try and predict when they go for their move. Or sometimes I do some ringside brawling to give myself time to recharge a reversal with no worry about getting pinned.

It's fun to try and beat like Brock Lesnar in MyCareer mode when my guy is at like a 73 overall rating, because you learn to play smart with tricks like these, and with ones like giving your opponent a lot of reversal opportunities when he's a few second away from filling up a reversal bar. Using a reversal always consumes both a full bar and whatever partial bar you have, so you effectively get 2 reversals off him. Similarly, I'm happy to take a few free strikes if my own reversal bar is like 90% full. Stuff like this goes a huge distance in leveling the playing field when the enemy does like 3 times as much damage as you per move.