Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh there's a boob lady again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is there a translation of that page up yet? Jerks made all the text images so I can't google translate.

Shear Modulus posted:

oh there's a boob lady again

At least this one has clothes she can un-fanservice by zipping up. It's her choice, now! :v:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I guess Phi came to the realization that she was a video game character and decided to make her clothes as ridiculous as possible.

Clearly Clover has inhabited the body of Phi, thus imbuing her with Clover's power of terrible fashion sense.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Phi's pants are Zero's true identity.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

At least Phi isn't cosplaying as Rinoa anymore.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I think ZE3 is gonna be intense you guys. It's shaping up to be some Saw level poo poo. :shittypop:

E: My only question is why the other teammates are strapping others in Saw type devices. Maybe they need to decide on who risks their lives to make it to the next room to escape and have to draw straws?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 14, 2016

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Is there a translation of that page up yet? Jerks made all the text images so I can't google translate.

I don't think there's much here that wasn't already in Famitsu last week.

The caption for "Cinema Part" says these scenes are told via actions and dialogue only, fully voiced and without any text boxes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Marco is labeled as the protagonist, and he's the only one labeled as such. I thought the previous information said something about the leaders of each team?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/14/zero-time-dilemma-details-decision-game-story-key-characters/

Translation stuff. It seems like we've got a reverse VLR situation with Sigma in this one.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
And Phi calls him old man!

Ohhhhh myyyyy gawwwww

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Edit: drat mobile

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 14, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know! :3:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
If the dog is meant to transport messages between the three groups, then does that mean at least one out of the three in each group has to survive? 2 dying in each group will end up getting the 6 needed passwords for the X door, but if all 3 die in a group then there's no way to retrieve their acquired passwords (unless the dog can read and write or some poo poo).

If this is the case, then it is inevitable that Akane or Junpei die and Phi or Sigma will die, which given their personal relationships will make for interesting tension. It'd be some dark humor if Phi and Sigma are chill about dying because "lol no big deal we'll just jump timelines anyways". The website also mentions the choice of trying to find an alternate way out, which is probably the route to the True Ending and probably some obscure play through that involves seeing every other Bad End first.

Also, VLR made it sound like Junpei hadn't seen Akane ever since the events of 999. Are they going to retcon that with this game?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 14, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fuckin'....alternate timelines, holmes. What IS canon in Zero Escape?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah. Does Junpei ever say that in the True Ending of VLR? I can't remember. Anything that wasn't explicitly stated in the True Ending is fair game.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

quote:

Phi comments

Have... have you guys never seen a pair of high-waisted shorts??

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I think all they said was it had been a long time. And it still would have been a long time since the events of ZE3. But I honestly can't remember.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Should we be spoiling this given that we're still in the VLR thread officially?

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Also, VLR made it sound like Junpei hadn't seen Akane ever since the events of 999. Are they going to retcon that with this game?

IIRC, Akane mentioned that she wasn't at the site in VLR. Something's going on.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Diana is going to murder so many people, just watch.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

That would make sense. Our image of her is nice as a result of Luna, so it'd be a good way to play with expectations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Please don't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFJ1r6_4mW4

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 14, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

CottonWolf posted:

Should we be spoiling this given that we're still in the VLR thread officially?

Could we just make a separate ZE3 thread then? Or make this into the general ZE thread as someone else said?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I wouldn't mind a new thread when this one is fairly old anyhow.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Waffleman_ posted:

Akane will always die in every alternate timeline. That is her lot in life.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Since Diana is player-controlled I guess it's up to us whether we re-enact the VLR timeline.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

just look at those eyes, total psycho

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Davincie posted:

just look at those eyes, total psycho

Either she or Eric will be the psycho murderer this time around.

It'd be funny if like in VLR where they did an inversion of expectations of having the rear end in a top hat member of the group actually be an rear end in a top hat, this time they invert our expectation of Diana being all nice and sweet and she ends up being a brutal killer. :unsmigghh:

e: Also, will the kid/Q be able to die in this game? I seriously don't want to have this derail like it does when the Fallout game threads talk about this, but I still think it will end up being like VLR where Quark had immunity to dying or being hurt in any way. How the game will be able to reconcile this with it being likely that 2/3 of each group needs to die to get the passwords will be... Tricky, to say the least.

e2: I also hope they don't reuse VLR's plot twist of Kyle/Akane using the Shroedinger's Cat effect to switch identities based on causality for Q's real identity. He'll probably end up being Mira's long lost son or something.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 14, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're saying they're going to ratchet it back up to 999 levels, so I wouldn't count on Q having immunity.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Irisize posted:

IIRC, Akane mentioned that she wasn't at the site in VLR. Something's going on.

Yeah, you're right. She either says she wasn't there or she can't elucidate on what specifically happen otherwise it will poof the alternate non-apocalypse timeline in a cloud of fourth dimensional fairy dust.

Also, another missing thread is (VLR true end spoilers) Kyle/?/the Player has to jump into somebody's body for the Mars Test Site game. Is it going to be some weird intersecting timelines mindfuck where we, The Player, are literally playing against an alternate VLR timeline of The Player ourselves? Or is it going to be like Fate; Stay Night (whatever it is called) where "The Player" is a separate character in-game? :psyduck:

Because, knowing ZE's logic, it'd be possible that VLR!Player has to go back in time to stop ZE3!Player from loving everything up and starting the apocalypse, which is... Giving me a headache thinking it all out.

I feel like an insane schizophrenic conspiracy theorist any time I try to speculate on Zero Escape. :tinfoil:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 14, 2016

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I feel like an insane schizophrenic conspiracy theorist any time I try to speculate on Zero Escape. :tinfoil:

I'm not going to bother with speculation. Everything seems really interesting so far, though.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Speculating's half the fun of it!

My personal theory is that ? will be in Gab. It's the perfect pivotal role.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Or is it going to be like Fate; Stay Night (whatever it is called) where "The Player" is a separate character in-game? :psyduck:

That doesn't happen in F/SN, and I can't think of what you'd be thinking of other than a thing or two where it'd be major spoilers!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Phi's shorts are pretty in style and are widely available. Just an example.

http://www.forever21.com/Product/product.aspx?br=f21&category=sale&productid=2000132418

:shrug:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Yeah, those aren't the bizarre item of make believe that some people in this thread were making them out to be.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I appreciate Phi's pants.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Caitlin posted:

http://www.forever21.com/Product/product.aspx?br=f21&category=sale&productid=2000132418

Forever21 sounds dangerously close to a plant website that Uchikoshi would make. :tinfoil:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

Forever21 sounds dangerously close to a plant website that Uchikoshi would make. :tinfoil:

just don't google it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Caitlin posted:

yeah idk, tons of college girls wear em here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CottonWolf posted:

My personal theory is that ? will be in Gab. It's the perfect pivotal role.

Yeah, I was toying with that idea as well.

• Locked thread