Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Still no Ice Cream Maker Guy card, hero of the rebellion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tekopo posted:

Still no Ice Cream Maker Guy card, hero of the rebellion.

Someone told Paul to make a Ponda Baba crew card for last year's world champ. There was a tingling sensation in the back of my head about what better card to make but I forgot it was the ice cream maker guy. :negative:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Wait, who is ice cream maker guy?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Otisburg posted:

He would be like "Okay, this one is Rass Brunkey, and this guy here is Ody Boovin. They are from MCA Squadron. And their flight leader is Kelvin."

Don't forget the ace "Sabot A'jj"

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Finster Dexter posted:

He literally has his own action figure due to the cult following

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Finster Dexter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zxesxhCbWA

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

He literally has his own action figure due to the cult following

Willrow Hood. Really?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks. That led me to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dAqayfXRx8 which should be an entertaining audiobook to listen to while painting.

Finster Dexter posted:

Willrow Hood. Really?
Yeah, and you thought GL was bad with the names.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Death Troopers is so loving bad. Ugh.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Welp, it's official. I'm tired of zombies.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
Oh for gently caress sake. Really?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I wish I could go back to my ignorant teenage bliss when all I knew of Star Wars EU was Timothy Zahn and Dark Empire. An elegant canon for a more civilized age.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/3/14/reports-from-the-docking-bay/

Neat commentary on why the designers did what they did for wave 8. I like hearing about when their design decisions fall flat, like Eadon Vrill. Who would have guessed an expensive PS3 ship with 2 attack wouldn't see much use?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/3/14/reports-from-the-docking-bay/

Neat commentary on why the designers did what they did for wave 8. I like hearing about when their design decisions fall flat, like Eadon Vrill. Who would have guessed an expensive PS3 ship with 2 attack wouldn't see much use?

It's interesting that they thing 4LOM and Zuckuss are really going to shake up the meta in their lumbering b wing with either a 4 die primary only worse or a worse stress induction capacity for more points than the stresshog.

I'm not sure where they;re going with this.

(4LOM I can actually see being useful, and trolly, but I don't think he's really going to shake anything up compared to the Ghost. There's a whole mess of stuff the Ghost is doing that changes things up a lot, the Mist Hunter just seems like it's landing a bit flat.)

Meh, we'll see how it plays I guess.

Also interesting that they didn't mention triple scouts as a build. I wonder whether it came up in playtesting.

(I'm wondering about applying to be a playtester actually. Could be fun.)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyoneer posted:

Here is one reason FFG has been successful while WizKids has been sucking balls:

quote:

Frank: We had actually been throwing around ideas for the Tractor Beam as far back as Wave IV. The TIE Defender originally had one, but we really needed to make sure cloaking felt right. That meant that tractor beams took a bit of a back seat until we could have more time to invest into incorporating them into the game in a way that really felt right. Also, if we had added both tractor beams and cloaking in the same wave, it would have been a lot to process all at once. I'm glad we waited.

WizKids would've released shoddy implementations of both cloaking and tractor beam in this scenario. FFG held off on one, polished the first, and play-tested the hell out of the second.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

thespaceinvader posted:

(I'm wondering about applying to be a playtester actually. Could be fun.)

I think a bunch of you guys would be really good playtesters.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Finster Dexter posted:

Here is one reason FFG has been successful while WizKids has been sucking balls:

WizKids would've released shoddy implementations of both cloaking and tractor beam in this scenario. FFG held off on one, polished the first, and play-tested the hell out of the second.

Agreed. They'd gladly roll out 15 new submechanics in an wave, 10 of which suck balls and never see the meta, 5 of which break the game in novel and hilarious ways.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

That reminds me of the greatest (now archived) thread to exist on SA: Let us read terrible Star Wars books for you!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3296954

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It was fine for an hour of painting. Got a nice start on my new hot pink race car Poe Dameron special. It stopped at chapter 5, sadly. The only interesting portion was hearing about the rich girl who became a doctor.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Lists from the tournmanet I went to Sunday

My stupid Jake/Tarn/OSF list did bettter than I hoped. I lost to the 1st place finisher because I was a total dumbass, and I had a good chance against him if I did split it so Tarn and Jake faced his fleet solo while the OSF did donuts :downs:

My other loss was die based. Prockets into Darth. 4 hits, one crit. Darth gets 3 natural evades and a token. Managed to bump soontir onto a rock two turns in a row. Tarn at R1, and HLC into him. Two damage. And one was from a rock.

Match 3 and 4 were much better. Tarn is now my homeboy. Even without his r7 (He had to burn IA) he survived 6 tie fighters, with howl rerolls shooting at him, for two turns. He oneshotted a tie a turn til he finally died.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Chill la Chill posted:

It was fine for an hour of painting. Got a nice start on my new hot pink race car Poe Dameron special. It stopped at chapter 5, sadly. The only interesting portion was hearing about the rich girl who became a doctor.

Do you want to hear about awkwardly shoehorned in Han Solo's adventures?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Do you want to hear about awkwardly shoehorned in Han Solo's adventures?

I read those and they were ok. I forget. It was in middle school and I enjoyed the redwall books more. However, I did get a nice pink and blue T-70 going and painted some cherry blossoms along the side. Really basic paint scheme since the T-70 isn't too interesting to paint imo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Chill la Chill posted:

I read those and they were ok. I forget. It was in middle school and I enjoyed the redwall books more. However, I did get a nice pink and blue T-70 going and painted some cherry blossoms along the side. Really basic paint scheme since the T-70 isn't too interesting to paint imo.

Nah, I meant that Han Solo is awkwardly shoehorned into Death Troopers. Probably fine to half-listen to when you paint during a week long vacation it was the only book I had and I ended up incredibly bored.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Adjustable Convergence
T65 Title, Dual

Side 1
When attacking at range 3, roll one additional attack die.

Side 2
You may only declare attacks on ships you are in base contact with.

Flip at start of turn
? points

nilstryfe
Dec 22, 2004
Hong Kong Cavalier
Played in a 5 round, cut to top 4 Store Championship about 2 hours from my local store, rode over with my friends. There were around 30 people I believe, and I made the top 8 (6th, 3-1-1) so I got another blue 2016 ruler. Ran:

-Jake Farrell [A-Wing Test Pilot, Chardaan Refit, Crack Shot, Veteran Instincts] (24)
-Poe Dameron [R2-D2, Veteran Instincts, Autothrusters] (38)
-Gold Squadron Pilot [BTL-A4 Y-Wing, R3-A2, Twin Laser Turret] (26)
-Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Which was fun. 3 K's with TLT were very popular, as were 2 K's & Y+Z.

Top table was Soontir and a Crack Swarm vs. XXXY:
-Garven Dreis [R2-D6, Integrated Astromech, Veteran Instincts] (28)
-Red Squadron Pilot [R2 Astromech, Integrated Astromech] (24) x 2
-Gold Squadron Pilot [Twin Laser Turret] (24)

The Rebels won; the guy flew them very well and they were just consistent, though the Garven build is weird as heck to me. He took second at my FLGS Store Champs a few weeks ago with the same list. He was my only loss, and he went 7/0. Good times.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
XXXY with Garvin? That's awesome.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

General Battuta posted:

Adjustable Convergence
T65 Title, Dual

Side 1

Side 2

Flip at start of turn
? points

Apparently the double sided cards can only be flipped at the beginning of the game

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Apparently the double sided cards can only be flipped at the beginning of the game

So far, since there's only been one printed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Some Numbers posted:

So far, since there's only been one printed.

Sure but the rule card for double cards will presumably apply to future cards.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Sure but the rule card for double cards will presumably apply to future cards.

Yeah, but if a card said "You may/must flip this when..." that would override the base rules once the game started.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yo Chill what technique did you use for that airbrush effect on your Houndstooth? Also can you post your most recent progress I wanna give that a shot as my next painted ship

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

General Battuta posted:

Adjustable Convergence
T65 Title, Dual

Side 1

Side 2

Flip at start of turn
? points

Dual, T-65 X-wing only, title, 1 point.

S-Foils: Attack Position
If you perform a primary weapon attack that hits, before dealing damage, you may spend a focus token to add 1 [hit] result.

Action: Flip this card. You may only perform this action after you have executed a maneuver.

S-Foils: Cruise Position
When you reveal your maneuver, increase its speed by 1. After you execute a green maneuver, you may take a free evade action. Reduce your primary weapon attack value by 1.

Action: Flip this card. You may only perform this action after you have executed a maneuver.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I really want there to be an S-Foil related dual card. It just seems like such a no-brainer from both a fluff perspective and as a way of providing a unique and sorely-needed buff.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Got my pre-order locked in for thursday at the FLGS.

Think on Friday league night I'll run a 100 point Ghost/Phantom theme list. :v:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I get paid tomorow. Gonna hit the FLGS that gives no fucks bout street date

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I proxied the Ezra attack shuttle and that's a really drat tanky ship.

Ezra
Push the Limit
Chewbacca
Twin Laser Turret
Hull Upgrade

Effectively has 7hp, 2 green die, flip up to two eyes to evades when stressed, evade token.

It was the last thing to die every game, even with regen poe or miranda.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

zVxTeflon posted:

Yo Chill what technique did you use for that airbrush effect on your Houndstooth? Also can you post your most recent progress I wanna give that a shot as my next painted ship

Washes. It was p translucent though so I'm guessing they're closer to tints. I worked on the hound's tooth after the T-70 this evening:

It's hard to justify spending so much time on it when it's unlikely to be played unless Fett+Greedo makes it worth a cheap ship slot. Only reason I think I keep going on it is cuz it has a p sweet NMM workings on the engine section and I use it to see how far I can go with a size 2 brush. I know I can get much neater blends with a smaller brush but it's nice to see how the paint behaves with a larger one.

Really though with the recent IGs I got and some of these decals I ordered, I really look forward to my weeaboo anime idol paintjobs. I'm also not gonna attempt to clean up the L so I guess it's officially SHAM SECTOR, which is fitting since there really isn't a scrunt on there unless you count the stylized boba fett.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 15, 2016

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
What's everyone liking for Ghost/Phantom combos? I can't not use this ridiculously oversized ship at some point.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So we're having our first tournament at my local store (Wilmington, NC) and I'm building a list around TIE/FOs.

quote:

"Epsilon Leader" (19)

Zeta Squadron Pilot (16)

Zeta Squadron Pilot (16)

Zeta Squadron Pilot (16)

Total: 67

Is an ion/stress shuttle a solid option to accompany these 4 TIE/FOs?

quote:

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Ion Cannon (3)
Tactician (2)
Rebel Captive (3)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Total: 98

I've had good luck with this one before. It leaves a 2-pt initiative bid, but I could fit FCS on the shuttle and bring it to 100 even. I've got 33 points to spare for the rest of the list, is there another solid Imperial ship that fits in that points cost? I'm thinking one of the kitted interceptors could fit the bill, but it doesn't have the same area control/consequences for shooting at it that the shuttle does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

If you're building a fofo list you should really take Omega Leader with comm relay/juke!

• Locked thread