Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dias posted:

O Forte and also no please leave

now

I know and also he's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ag Bengip posted:

You can argue with me if you want. I think they should add El Fuerte

el farte would fit quite well into poo poo fighter v

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
el fuerte would fit perfectly inside a series of tiny boxes, in pieces, courtesy of the mexican cartel

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I liked El Fuerte's ultra animations the most. I'd have no problem with him returning.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I can only imagine fighting Fuerte without focus/invin backdash, the same way I can imagine pulling my fingernails out with pliers.

He would be a cool char design without the 33/33/33 meme splash vs grab mixup.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'm really bummed out with Vega's anti air. The QCB + HP or C.HP seems to be awful especially at low LP as it seems everyone jumps in.

I think I need a new character.

E:
Is there any good anti air for him?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

He would be a cool char design without the 33/33/33 meme splash vs grab mixup.

Yeah pretty much.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'm really bummed out with Vega's anti air. The QCB + HP or C.HP seems to be awful especially at low LP as it seems everyone jumps in.

E:

Try out light roll in training mode.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Shoryuken posted a cool and good punishable moves video. Go look for it there.

I'm not saying that you should memorize that video, but as you're playing, you should generally be aware of which moves are and are not safe, and which punishes can work in which situation. Even though he uses rashid, it helps to know the start up frames of your situational punish starters. Take Vega, for instance, he can punish very close -3 frame moves with st. lk, cr. lp, lk roll, but that only works in very tight ranges. If you have a 4 frame punishment window, you start with cr. lp>lk roll. If your opponent gifts you a -8 frame move, then standing HP hits crouchers, causes standup, and leads in to every good combo you are comfortable doing.

Obviously veterans know this poo poo, but it's a good concept to keep in mind if you're new at fighting games. Don't let your opponent get away with dumb poo poo, because if you do, they will rub it in your face.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Try out light roll in training mode.

jumping light punch has anti air utility, as does his air throw. Even with those tools, Vega's anti-air is definitely a struggle. You have to represent that poo poo, or people will jump down your throat.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Microwaves Mom posted:

E:

It's not what you want to hear but air throw and his air to air m.k are pretty good options. If spaced properly his roundhouse is also good.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Vega's anti air options are situational as gently caress, and don't lead to anything.

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Microwaves Mom posted:

E:

no. any of vega's AAs seem very likely to trade in my experience. vega's best "anti airs" are meeting them air to air with a throw or dashing under them (or ex walldive if they're jumping in from super far away). this was balanced in sf4 by vega having a few very good buttons, which now no one has.

the more i play vega the more i think he's secretly one of the worst characters in the game. low damage output without spending meter, sub par normals even for sfv, a terrible crush counter, a target combo that actually leads to damage whiffing on crouchers, no defensive options on wakeup, inconsistent at best anti airs. yeah he's capable of doing a load of damage if you dump all your meter into one combo, but so is everyone so that's not even really a plus.

birdie does everything vega does better, but with a slower walkspeed

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...I don't know how to use air throws. How do you use air throw they just hit me and then I go back to doing st.lk instead of getting cute because it's Chun.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dias posted:

...I don't know how to use air throws. How do you use air throw they just hit me and then I go back to doing st.lk instead of getting cute because it's Chun.

You input the command for a throw.... while in the air.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

yeah and then i get hit

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dias posted:

yeah and then i get hit

You gotta be a bit preemptive. It's drat near a read.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

A.o.D. posted:

mash dat

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Dias posted:

They jump, then you react by jumping and trying to grab. If you react too late you'll just jump and immediately get hit by their attack that they were preparing to hit you on the ground with anyway. If you react sooner then they won't have the attack out yet and you'll have an opening to grab. If you do this too much though, they'll anticipate it by attacking earlier in the jump and hit you away before you get close enough to grab. They can also just see you jump and hit the attack button immediately, possibly hitting you before you can get close enough.

This has been my experience, anyway. I'm not entirely sure how the air grab hitbox works.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Rollback is still a real problem right now. A lot of lobby matches I play will have entire rounds where the other guy is just teleporting back and forth like in PC SFxT. UK to France or Sweden should be pretty well offline, not like this.

https://a.pomf.cat/tlndmu.webm

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Found another Option Select, but it only really works in local multiplayer. Tell your opponent that you want to play for a specified amount of money. If they accept and you lose, claim you were just kidding. If they accept and you win, demand payment.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dhamster posted:

Found another Option Select, but it only really works in local multiplayer. Tell your opponent that you want to play for a specified amount of money. If they accept and you lose, claim you were just kidding. If they accept and you win, demand payment.

Ah yes the classic get paid/get stabbed 50/50

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

It took us an hour of fiddling, but a friend and I were able to get local multiplayer going on PC between a DS4 controller and the keyboard. We had autohotkey, x360ce, and ds4windows going all at once :shepface:

Of all the cool stuff x360ce can do, why can't it translate keyboard inputs into 360 controller inputs directly???

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

JackDarko posted:

It's not what you want to hear but air throw and his air to air m.k are pretty good options. If spaced properly his roundhouse is also good.

Air to air is actually something I kind of want to hear. I'm a bit confused how to air to air works in the game though. What beats what in a trade? Sometimes it feels like I should beat them but they get the hit.

Is it like rock paper scissors where a L beats a H an H beats an M and an M beats an L?

Weremacht posted:

birdie does everything vega does better, but with a slower walkspeed

I find myself agreeing, birdie is like vega but not. You're the second person I've talked to about this who said the same thing today.

Honestly I don't have fun playing vega which is the most important thing for me. Bison is hella fun, Mika is fun, I have to fool around with the others more still but I enjoy Bison you really legit feel like bad guy when playing him.

E: THanks for the air advice guys.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 15, 2016

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Maybe I should drop Cammy. She's so fragile and making a single wrong guess can result in dizziness and death :negative:

She's fast, hits like a truck and has easy rear end combos but man she has so little health. I get discouraged so easily :(

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Gammatron 64 posted:

Maybe I should drop Cammy. She's so fragile and making a single wrong guess can result in dizziness and death :negative:

She's fast, hits like a truck and has easy rear end combos but man she has so little health. I get discouraged so easily :(

You're obviously exaggerating when you say a single wrong guess leads to losses. If you feel that the only reason you're not getting better is because Cammy's health is too short you're just trying to think of an excuse. She has 900 health, 100 less than Ryu. That's one single sweep hit.

I'll say this though: I chose Cammy randomly as the first character I would learn. After putting like 60 hour into the game my more knowledgeable friend recommended I try playing a different character because I was abusing Cammy's character specific specials to circumvent learning specific basics. By this I mean I was using her spiral arrows, air cannon strikes, and hooligans to get closer to the opponent. I wasn't learning how to actually play street fighter by engaging in constant footsies then inching myself in by intimidating the opponent. I was just guessing with specials, especially her air cannon strike. I was also using her meterless invincible DP too often to make guesses.

I play Nash now.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I mocked this design up for a friend.

We may or may not play League of Legends together.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'm a bit confused how to air to air works in the game though. What beats what in a trade?

The priority system in this game doesn't apply to air normals at all. It's like most fighting games where what wins or loses or trades is entirely up to hitboxes and hurtboxes.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

the Gaffe posted:

You're obviously exaggerating when you say a single wrong guess leads to losses. If you feel that the only reason you're not getting better is because Cammy's health is too short you're just trying to think of an excuse. She has 900 health, 100 less than Ryu. That's one single sweep hit.

I'll say this though: I chose Cammy randomly as the first character I would learn. After putting like 60 hour into the game my more knowledgeable friend recommended I try playing a different character because I was abusing Cammy's character specific specials to circumvent learning specific basics. By this I mean I was using her spiral arrows, air cannon strikes, and hooligans to get closer to the opponent. I wasn't learning how to actually play street fighter by engaging in constant footsies then inching myself in by intimidating the opponent. I was just guessing with specials, especially her air cannon strike. I was also using her meterless invincible DP too often to make guesses.

I play Nash now.

Yeah I think maybe I should play Nash. Or Bison.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah I think maybe I should play Nash. Or Bison.

Join me in being evil with Bison. Wakamoto's voice acting is always spot on.

E:
I remember someone asking if there were different hair colors for other characters besides Necalli. Vega and bison have alt colors that change their hair too. One of bisons makes his hair blonde.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Further refinements. :getin:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Corbeau posted:

What's the significance of the big button at the bottom?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

bhsman posted:

What's the significance of the big button at the bottom?

That's for your thumb. It makes you jump.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Sadly, I don't have any of the art at an actual resolution to make this possible. But it's fun to experiment with conceptually.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Corbeau posted:

this is pretty nice what are you gonna print it out on?

Question about Bison's head press:

It says after I hit I can press a punch to do something additional but nothing seems to happen. When or what am I supposed to do here? Is my timing bad?

E:
Okay I found out something interesting and the head press issue.

First off head press it just happens after the hit mid jump air as like an extra punch you can combo into.

Second.
Bisons V-skill its kind of a parry? IT odesnt just do projectiles. I'm practicing on punches with ryu and can parry them. If i Hold it down i can reflect the parry as a fireball or I can just keep parrying and build up vtrigger.

Kind of cool not sure how practical his parry is compared to Ryu's though.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 15, 2016

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Microwaves Mom posted:

this is pretty nice what are you gonna print it out on?

Question about Bison's head press:

It says after I hit I can press a punch to do something additional but nothing seems to happen. When or what am I supposed to do here? Is my timing bad?

If you press punch on the way up it turns into a dive with his hand outstretched. Each strength of punch has a different trajectory. If you press punch as he's bouncing off the opponent's head (on hit or block) he swoops back in for another hit. You can control the trajectory of this second hit by pressing left and right.

While we're on the topic of Bison's headstomp, what determines if it whiffs completely? That's happened to me in a few matches but I can't replicate it in training mode. And what determines whether it whiffs to the P1 or P2 side?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Sarchasm posted:

If you press punch on the way up it turns into a dive with his hand outstretched. Each strength of punch has a different trajectory. If you press punch as he's bouncing off the opponent's head (on hit or block) he swoops back in for another hit. You can control the trajectory of this second hit by pressing left and right.

While we're on the topic of Bison's headstomp, what determines if it whiffs completely? That's happened to me in a few matches but I can't replicate it in training mode. And what determines whether it whiffs to the P1 or P2 side?

My guess is distance and if the character moves too much. But I'm just starting bison.

Have you fooled around with his V-skill at all? It seems toa ct as a parry as well as a reflect.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

boxcarhobo posted:

use cr.hp to fish for vtrigger combo, punish with st.mp st.hp [vtrigger st.hp] hk sa [xx hk dp xx super]

basically as far as I can tell, just dont even press st hk, its poo poo

forward hk, cr. mp xx sa etc, etc. etc. is pretty good but yeah standing hk is only for countering blocked srks and such.

the Gaffe posted:

I play Nash now.

i feel like a lot of the characters have abusable :getin: moves that work on scrubs and then you have to learn footsies to improve. cammy has some solid normals vs most of the cast and great speed so instead of giving up your work already on using here, you could work to fix your play so that you aren't using specials to get in so much and more to get damage once you are on offense and add mix ups. of course you should learn all the characters and if you're happy with where you are leaving cammy that's fine but don't write off going back once you have your footsie game down.

also i suck so what do i know

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 15, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Does anyone know where I can find a guide for bison necalli combos etc?

E:
So I'm pretty sure full charge characters are not for me it just feels so painful to play Bison and know that if you miss the timer you get punished. I'm trying necalli right now and its slow too but he feels like an interesting character that has some good mid to close pressure.

I'm really miffed that I can't find any guides or writeups anywhere that aren't from version 2 beta of him though.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 15, 2016

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

Does anyone know where I can find a guide for bison necalli combos etc?

E:
So I'm pretty sure full charge characters are not for me it just feels so painful to play Bison and know that if you miss the timer you get punished. I'm trying necalli right now and its slow too but he feels like an interesting character that has some good mid to close pressure.

I'm really miffed that I can't find any guides or writeups anywhere that aren't from version 2 beta of him though.

Basic Necalli combo: s.MK or s.MP, cr.MP xx light slashes. Use medium slashes if you're in V-Trigger.

For punishes, use cr.HP xx medium stomps, cr.MP xx light slashes, again use medium slashes if in V-Trigger.

Those are his two basics. For fast punishes, you can do s.LP, s.LP xx heavy DP, which starts in 3 frames. For lows, do cr.LK, cr.LP xx heavy DP, this starts in four frames.

Off of a divekick, you can jab into heavy DP.

You can combo super off of any stomps, so for his BnB you can do s.MK, cr.MP xx light stomps xx super, or do super off of the medium stomps from his punish combo above.

Good enough, or do you need other stuff too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Alright gimmie all those sick 1 frame links I need to be hitting and 14 hit target combos for Gief.