Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Rohan Kishibe posted:

This is good, because they don't even need to use the actual song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjqVgj3Qrzw

Every time I think about how BT's soundtrack is so criminally underused, I get all sad. It's still my favorite JoJo soundtrack by a longshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/709213888491835392

2nd PV coming 3/21

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So Araki started working on DiU in 1992, right? I wonder what music was popular back then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rERG3x6vsGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY84MRnxVzo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiyYozeOoKs

Take your pick, ladies and gentlemen!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I cannot lie

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

MC Hammer stopped getting steady checks when they stopped making Addams Family movies, so I support throwing him a bone again.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

can only think of this when i hear that now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdeDF0PJSCA

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Actually, it's going to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCQ0vDAbF7s

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Stallion Cabana posted:

speaking of that dude.

I am pretty sure Joshuu is dead since he effectively got shot through the head from the way Vitamin C works. Also it would be super cool if Hato actually knew about Vitamin C and has a Stand that can defeat it, like not that she randomly develops the power to stop it but rather 'I knew from the beginning what you were planning to do and I outwitted you from the start'.

I think a person can recover from Damo's softness without any lasting damage - the Jojo boys are melting in the most recent chapter but they aren't all hosed up and melty when they have their photo taken with Karera or (at least for Kira) when they are dead and buried, and both of those events happen after they're attacked by Damo on the yacht. It also explains why Norisuke remains pretty lucid when he's getting all floppy but is clearly in pain when Damo cuts his arm off, and why Damo is cutting his arm off at all: the softness of Vitamin C is not, in and of itself, permanently damaging (or painful) to a person's body.

Maybe Joshuu will get hosed up by the plumbing, though :shrug:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm enjoying the fact that a character from a 16 year old movie is suddenly a meme

https://twitter.com/AnActualOwl/status/706313797502263296

Red Bones posted:

Maybe Joshuu will get hosed up by the plumbing, though :shrug:

Maybe, but probably not. I'm sure he's fine, he just needs to be fished out of the drain. I guess we need a "raise the stakes" death soon-ish, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if joshuu was the only death post-kira/josefumi i'd be pretty fine with that, tbh

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

That's not even the best REM song for DiU. Also, WB owns both these songs, so they're legit possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKKqLl_ZEEY

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hoobajoo posted:

That's not even the best REM song for DiU. Also, WB owns both these songs, so they're legit possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKKqLl_ZEEY

And both were done around when DiU started

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I think we talked about this last time it came up but Stand just makes me think of Get a Life (and it's a crime that it's missing from the DVDs).

I like REM a lot though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jotaro left behind his four year old daughter to go raise his three teen sons.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really want Crunchyroll to replace the ED on the first episode with All Star as an April's Fools, if only for Josuke's reaction.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Jotaro left behind his four year old daughter to go raise his three teen sons.

I wonder if he actually wished that he could adopt Koichi

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just finished Part 2. Hot dog, what a comic.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

I hope Koichi's dub voice is just Butters

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Raserys posted:

I hope Koichi's dub voice is just Butters

Justin Roiland doing his Morty voice

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

mr. stefan posted:

Morty! Di-urrrrrrrp, did you lay this egg?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've been rereading stone ocean and i've definitely started to appreciate the tail end of it a lot more. i never really disliked it in the first place, but a lot of it does a really good job of presenting the idea that everything is going to poo poo which helps justify the ending a little more. and also makes it better that at the end of it all 'jolyne' is 'free' after all the poo poo she had to go through.

jolyne was and still is the most hardcore jojo

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

mr. stefan posted:

From the creator of little Jolyne in Morioh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I really want Crunchyroll to replace the ED on the first episode with All Star as an April's Fools, if only for Josuke's reaction.

Eh I watch live

Little Jolyne in Morioh is used to refer to the doujin generally.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 15, 2016

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Weird request guys.

A friend and I are thinking of doing a Jojo recap/ analysis podcast. He's only seen Jonathan's episodes of the anime, I've seen/read it all and I devour the sort of lit-crit effortposts in these threads. But mostly, it'll be for fun.

Is the Jojo wiki a good one-stop site for behind the scenes info and "Araki said"s, or am I going to need to do some hard googling?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The JoJo Wiki has taken an actual step and effort towards being legit. It includes citations for the poo poo it says nowadays, proper character names, and doesn't throw around baseless rumors if any are referenced they are very clearly defined as rumors. The wiki used to be a lot worse about a lot of that and was just like any other mediocre anime wiki.

It's actually really weird having referenced that wiki at several points for the years it's been up and seeing how much it has changed and for the better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They have seemingly gone to some length to get rid of the dumb content on there of late.

At times it used to repeat obviously wrong info (Josefumi had no bubbles, established wrong in early JoJolion) and had alternate versions of OP lyric translations that were straight up contradictory to the actual translations.

e: Their Araki said page is actually good though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 15, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for some reason it keeps insisting on listing 'holy' instead of 'holly', though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're odd with translations. Particularly when few of the militant editors of it have ever shown proficiency in Japanese and they seem gung-ho on arguing translation with the likes of people who have contributed infinitely more to the JoJo fandom, such as Kewl0210 who actively translates JoJolion and did a huge chunk of SBR.

Not that it makes him infallible, his insistence on the likes of Jousuke or Kakyouin is weird and at odds with official localisations of names. Particularly when the english reading mind sees "ou" and jumps to a mispronunciation of those names.

It doesn't seem a hard problem to me. If an official localisation exists that isn't a clear name change (Oingo Boingo > Zenyatta Mondatta), go with it? Kakyoin is Kakyoin, Josuke is Josuke.

e:

Like yeah, the ō is represented by ou to show it's a longer sound but English just sort of does this naturally anyway, it goes without saying?

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 15, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My favorite character is Kuujou Joutarou.

Jounathan Jouestar.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You mean Joutaroh, right?

... Clamp in Wonderland OVA when?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i know there's definitely some precedent with 'holy' when it comes to goofy translations, but out of all of them it's the one that sticks out the most with how goofy it looks. but yeah, out of all the issues for a wiki to have it's one of the lesser ones, especially if they at least redirect 'holly' to the page.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's probably because it's a pun on "Seiko" meaning Holy in some form. Which is stated in the manga, I guess.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kuujou Joutarou pisses me off to no end and it's the main reason why I've never read Over Heaven

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

jolyne cujoh

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
my favorite part of the JoJo Wiki is The Hand's stand page, where it says that The Hand has faster then light movements because it's almost as fast as Crazy Diamond, which is faster then Star Platinum which moves faster then light and Crazy Diamond is stronger then Star Platinum. This is like still on the Wiki. It's hilarious.

As far as I know literally none of this is in a good translation of the manga; Josuke claims Crazy Diamond's speed is 'around' 300 KM/H, and saying that Crazy Diamond is stronger and faster then Star Platinum is completely at odds with the fact every time there's a description of Jotaro it says 'The Master of the Strongest Stand in the World, Star Platinum'.

Confession; I was the head of the JoJo wiki (or A JoJo Wiki) like 10+ years ago when it barely existed at all, before the Anime and everything, and didn't even have most of the Part 3 Stands listed and there were no other contributors. The only thing I did was put in the Crusaders Stands and their powers.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The idea that star platinum is faster than light comes from the fact that it does have the ability to stop time which some fans assume is where its super speed comes from and the fact it could keep up with silver chariot which people think is faster than light because it caught hanged man while traveling between two reflective surfaces.

Of course this would also mean that tower of gray is a faster than light beetle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

my favorite part of the JoJo Wiki is The Hand's stand page, where it says that The Hand has faster then light movements because it's almost as fast as Crazy Diamond, which is faster then Star Platinum which moves faster then light and Crazy Diamond is stronger then Star Platinum. This is like still on the Wiki. It's hilarious.

As far as I know literally none of this is in a good translation of the manga; Josuke claims Crazy Diamond's speed is 'around' 300 KM/H, and saying that Crazy Diamond is stronger and faster then Star Platinum is completely at odds with the fact every time there's a description of Jotaro it says 'The Master of the Strongest Stand in the World, Star Platinum'.

Confession; I was the head of the JoJo wiki (or A JoJo Wiki) like 10+ years ago when it barely existed at all, before the Anime and everything, and didn't even have most of the Part 3 Stands listed and there were no other contributors. The only thing I did was put in the Crusaders Stands and their powers.

Star Platinum being lightspeed is stated as least twice, though.

The speed of Stands is just really inconsistent.