Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
jomomenetum's "lol nothing matters" posts actually pretty well sum everything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Is there any reason why the RNC can't pick Jeb anymore?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

ok so what day did trump get divorced

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

ok so what day did trump get divorced

A good marriage is like negotiating an important deal: You have to consider all the factors, thoughtfully and thoroughly. If you were investing a large part of yourself and your fortune into a venture, believe me, you’d make sure you thought about it for a long time first. That’s how I see marriage. It’s serious, and it’s important. I don’t approach it any more haphazardly than I do a very important deal. In fact, considering the amount of deals I’ve made compared to the number of marriages I’ve had, I’d say I’m quite cautious about marriage. You should be, too.

There are basically three types of women and reactions. One is the good woman who very much loves her future husband, solely for himself, but refuses to sign the agreement on principle. I fully understand this, but the man should take a pass anyway and find someone else.

I love women. They’ve come into my life. They’ve gone out of my life. Even those who have exited somewhat ungracefully still have a place in my heart.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Baloogan posted:

jomomenetum's "lol nothing matters" posts actually pretty well sum everything up.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fishmech posted:

That's a pretty harsh thing to say about yourself man, you feeling ok?

Hopefully he will get help for his acute encephalitis.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Fat Lowtax posted:

It's be a really bad idea considering Republican primary voters weren't interested in him so why the hell would general election voters pick him?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Fat Lowtax posted:

it would mean unbanning everyone who toxxed themselves for jeb

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol
https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/709568824757133312

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Nothing wins ladies like calling their moms whores because they had an abortion

I can actually believe the competitive debate circuit is the one place that would work. It's full of awful people, probably because sane people don't give their life to college debate, even if they did it in high school.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Omg is this real?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Eh, even his classmates that hated him said he did real well with the debate circuit ladies

The same roommate who said they had girls down the hall coming and asking him to keep Cruz away from them?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
chris christy is coming across as a real submissive; he just needed a real man

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Al! posted:

Omg is this real?

Photo yes quote no.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Baloogan posted:

A good marriage is like negotiating an important deal: You have to consider all the factors, thoughtfully and thoroughly. If you were investing a large part of yourself and your fortune into a venture, believe me, you’d make sure you thought about it for a long time first. That’s how I see marriage. It’s serious, and it’s important. I don’t approach it any more haphazardly than I do a very important deal. In fact, considering the amount of deals I’ve made compared to the number of marriages I’ve had, I’d say I’m quite cautious about marriage. You should be, too.

There are basically three types of women and reactions. One is the good woman who very much loves her future husband, solely for himself, but refuses to sign the agreement on principle. I fully understand this, but the man should take a pass anyway and find someone else.

I love women. They’ve come into my life. They’ve gone out of my life. Even those who have exited somewhat ungracefully still have a place in my heart.

d- see me after trump class

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Photo yes quote no.

Sometimes I think Trump just wants to give the people what they want. Everyone laughin cuz Chris Christie lookin like a fussy bottom? Let's walk out onto the Tarmac with him getting rained on and then basically poo poo on him while he's sitting there for you

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Pinterest Mom posted:

Photo yes quote no.

Now now, you don't know Trump didn't say that. I could see him saying that.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fat Lowtax posted:

Trump did that soul removing finishing move from Chronicles of Riddick to Jeb.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I've never seen a better metaphor for the New York/New Jersey relationship than Trump/Christie

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I LIKE DEBATING PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN IT IS MORE FUN THAN DEBATING WILD GAME IN THE FORREST BECAUSE MAN IS THE MOST DANGEROUE ANAMAL OF ALL TO DEBATE SOMETHING GIVES ME THE MOST THRILLING EXPERENCE IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF WITH A GIRL THE BEST PART OF IT IS THAE WHEN I RUN I WILL BE REBORN IN THE RNC AND ALL THEI HAVE KILLED WILL BECOME MY DELEGATES I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY NAME BECAUSE YOU WILL TRY TO SLOI DOWN OR ATOP MY COLLECTIOG OF DELEGATES FOR MY CAMPAIGN. EBEORIETEMETHHPITI
This is the stupidest/best meme, here was my version.

Algid posted:

The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction and denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternate histories and futures are real, each representing an actual world...

Somewhere else, on a Tuesday night, you find yourself at your local polling station, looking at the slip of paper in front of you:

JOHN RICHARD KASICH

MARCO ANTONIO RUBIO

DONALD JOHN TRUMP

BENJAMIN SOLOMON CARSON

RAFAEL EDWARD CRUZ

You had made up your mind long ago. As for the results this Tuesday night, that is even less in doubt; all the polls agree on the clear front runner. When your eyes reach the end of the list of names, you pick up your pen.

Suddenly, in the space between moments, the world around you freezes in place. Your gaze is locked onto the names before you for an instant, for an eternity. The sounds around you still, and all that remains is the ballot before you.

The letters shift and multiply before your eyes.

The ink writhes across the page as it spreads, carrying the faint scent of melted wax and maple syrup to your nose.

An array of sigils appear before you. There is an abhorrent majesty to them, like a smile more grotesque than any sneer, a cheer more mournful than any dirge.

They command your gaze even as your mind screams at you to look away. They hold your attention even as your thoughts shatter in defiance.

You must look away.

You cannot look away.

You cannot understand what you see.

You must understand what you see...

In that instant, in that eternity, you hear a voice whisper to you from far to your right,

"This...is the Zodiac speaking..."

The voice shatters the silence like a gunshot in the night, scattering any ideas you had grasped, any plans you had held.

The sigils no longer change. You see, and you understand.

I LIKE PRIMARYING PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN IT IS MORE FUN THAN KILLING BILLS IN THE SENATE BECAUSE REP IS THE MOST DANGEROUE PARTY OF ALL TO PRIMARY SOMEONE GIVES ME THE MOST THRILLING EXPERENCE IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING YOUR OWN BILLS PASSED THE BEST PART OF IT IS THAE WHEN I WIN I WILL BE SWORN IN WASH DC AND THEI HAVE BEAT WILL BECOME MY SLAVES I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY NAME BECAUSE YOU WILL TRY TO SLOI DOWN OR ATOP MY COLLECTIOG OF DELEGATES FOR MY CONVENTIO EBEORIETEMETHHPITI

When your eyes reach the end of the list of names, you pick up your pen. As you press it down onto the ballot, your pen snaps in your hand and a mix of blood and ink drips down next to the last name on the list. That was odd, it must have been broken beforehand.

You wipe off your hand as you walk back home.

Somewhere else, on a Tuesday night.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

it would mean unbanning everyone who toxxed themselves for jeb

what sadsack bastard would toxx themselves for jeb

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

d- see me after trump class

hai fish-sensei

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

This picture is actually from the future, specifically January 22nd, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

I've never seen a better metaphor for the New York/New Jersey relationship than Trump/Christie

Can we also agree that Winter Solider had the best New Jersey reference?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chris Christie when he's endorsing vs Chris Christie with someone he thinks is unfit for office

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

CalvinCoolidge posted:

Can you imagine being a holocaust survivor that lost their entire family and then have a bunch of Millenials on internet forums compare a media personality running for president to the genocidal dictator that attempted to wipe out your culture from the face of the earth?

durrr imagine that
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...65ce_story.html

quote:

am exceptionally concerned about demagogues,” the 85-year-old Weiss told me at Wednesday’s commemoration at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. “They touch me in a place that I remember. I know their influence and, unfortunately, I know how receptive audiences are to demagogues and what it leads to.”

She knows better than just about any person alive. The Czech-born Jew lost her parents and most of her siblings in Hitler’s death camps. Now, when she hears about plans to register Muslims and to ban Muslims from entering the United States, “I’m worried about the tone of this country,” she said.

To Weiss, the ugly political environment in 2016 has an ominous precedent in Weimar Germany. “It has echoes, and maybe more so to me than to native-born Americans,” she said after lighting a candle for Hitler’s victims. “I’m scared. I don’t like the trend. I don’t like how many people are applauding when they hear these demagogues. It can turn.”

“It’s really frightening,” said Al Munzer, hidden as an infant in the Netherlands with a Dutch family and their Muslim nanny. “When you see these mass rallies that Trump is able to attract, you really wonder: How are they buying into this message of hate?”

Munzer, who lost two sisters and his father to the Nazis, said he never thought such things could happen in America, but now he’s not so sure. “Thinking that Germany was somehow unique is wrong,” he said.

At this time of open hostility to Muslims in America, museum staff arranged for Johanna Gerechter Neumann, who fled with her family to Albania after Kristallnacht, to talk about how Muslims protected them from Hitler. Her father, a patriotic German and World War I veteran, “certainly thought that it could never happen in Germany,” she said. “It did happen. Slowly, but it did happen.”

And now the aging survivors worry it is beginning, slowly, to happen again. “It is repeating itself, and it is again the inattention that people pay to real cues that one should understand,” said Margit Meissner, almost 94, who fled on foot through the Pyrenees from occupied France.

“It’s not Weimar,” she said, “but it could become Weimar Germany if you have Mr. Trump here and people keep believing what he says. . . . I think one has to speak up. And that’s the one lesson from the Holocaust: Do not be a bystander.”

Now an American presidential candidate has made scapegoats of immigrants, Muslims, Latinos, African Americans, the disabled, women. And for the first time, Martin Weiss hears echoes of his youth. “The guy scares me,” he said after listening to the ambassador’s tribute. “I don’t want to make any comparison to Hitler, but believe it or not his delivery and the way he conducts himself is very similar to Hitler’s way of doing things. He discredits everybody who disagrees with him. He’s insulting. He discriminates against everybody.”

Weiss continued: “Sooner or later, you know what happens in a case like this? That’s how Weimar Germany went to hell, because when Hitler came in, if somebody disagreed with him — guess what — he put them in prison or he had them shot or he opened the concentration camp.”

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Peachstapler posted:

I want my GOD drat GUAC BOWL!

Sad!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Your guac bowl is a mess!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lol Trump is really riding his new intern hard but I guess thats what you need to do when you bring the bridge and tunnel crowd to Manhattan

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

That guy definitely hides behind trees at little league games.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rear end cobra posted:

Lol Trump is really riding his new intern hard but I guess thats what you need to do when you bring the bridge and tunnel crowd to Manhattan

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I actually feel kind of sorry for Christie.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Reposting this because it should be on every page:

https://vine.co/v/igH3wW1Khe9

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Maybe Christie agreed to join the Trump ticket as part of a secret agreement with the GOPe, so that they would be sure to have someone in the white house just in case

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

I actually feel kind of sorry for Christie.

nah, he deserves every minute of this

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/5yDhPn6.gifv

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I don't this was posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--oLFYs9aI

SNL has actually been quite funny, what is going on.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

blue squares posted:

Maybe Christie agreed to join the Trump ticket as part of a secret agreement with the GOPe, so that they would be sure to have someone in the white house just in case

If Christie just reached out and strangled the Donald on live TV no jury would convict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mister Fister posted:

I don't this was posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--oLFYs9aI

SNL has actually been quite funny, what is going on.

they're usually pretty good in a political season, and this political season rights itself

• Locked thread