Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

I would have been happy with the $100 for $80 deal from a few days ago but that code didn't work for me and I was trying this deal/code before anyone posted about it and it wouldn't accept the code. I was using paypal checkout, because eventually the store bugged out and paypal locked my account. I can't get past the proceed to checkout screen at this point.

Try this, dude just posted it in the other thread:

Syrinxx posted:

Had a tough time doing the $109 for $150 psx bux - every time I tried to check out, an UNKNOWN_ERROR occured. I called in and the eBay rep walked me through buying them via ebay.com.au even though I'm in the US :wtc: but it did work there, so yay for cheap games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I got my 150 for 109 but instantly realized I hadn't updated my shipping address in PayPal post-move a month ago and immediately emailed the seller.

Fingers crossed I can salvage.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Feenix posted:

I got my 150 for 109 but instantly realized I hadn't updated my shipping address in PayPal post-move a month ago and immediately emailed the seller.

Fingers crossed I can salvage.

Hey its cool, those are codes that are emailed. Sold by ebay/paypal digital services.

Got them emailed to me and redeemed a hour ago.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineffiable posted:

Hey its cool, those are codes that are emailed. Sold by ebay/paypal digital services.

Got them emailed to me and redeemed a hour ago.

Oh word? Mine says delivery on 3/21. We're both talkin bout the eBay PayPal 50 for 43 and 20 off over 100, right?

[Ed] What time did you order? I ordered several hours ago and no word yet. The seller is paypal_digital_gifts, right?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 14, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Feenix posted:

Oh word? Mine says delivery on 3/21. We're both talkin bout the eBay PayPal 50 for 43 and 20 off over 100, right?

[Ed] What time did you order? I ordered several hours ago and no word yet. The seller is paypal_digital_gifts, right?

Yeah that's the one. It says that in your email but you'll get them digitally delivered. I ordered like 7 hours ago and got my order not too long ago. You'll have them sometime tomorrow I bet.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Feenix posted:

I got the codes almost 6 hours after I ordered for the 150 for 109 deal.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Playstation Vue just rolled out across the U.S. and is $10 cheaper, with the base package at only $30 a month. :eyepop:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

univbee posted:

Playstation Vue just rolled out across the U.S. and is $10 cheaper, with the base package at only $30 a month. :eyepop:

That's in markets that don't include network channels (ABC, CBS, etc.)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, PSVue expanded to my area and it's really tempting. I think I have a contract with Verizon thought and if I get rid of my TV services they'll charge me up the wazoo. Still, I might see what I can do because $30 a month us pretty dang reasonable

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Pablo Gigante posted:

That's in markets that don't include network channels (ABC, CBS, etc.)
Vue is now in all markets, but does not include live broadcast channels in markets that can get them over the air.

It's a solid deal, especially for me as a soccer fan because it includes FS1, ESPN, NBCSN. Also according to their FAQ you can authenticate on the channel apps/sites (Fox Sports GO, WATCH ESPN, etc) with your PSN account to watch anywhere.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Syrinxx posted:

Vue is now in all markets, but does not include live broadcast channels in markets that can get them over the air.

It's a solid deal, especially for me as a soccer fan because it includes FS1, ESPN, NBCSN. Also according to their FAQ you can authenticate on the channel apps/sites (Fox Sports GO, WATCH ESPN, etc) with your PSN account to watch anywhere.

I'd like to be able to access the new "Slim" tier that only costs $29.99, but I'm not seeing that as an option—presumably because I live in the Dallas area.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

univbee posted:

Wait, did they cut it AGAIN?? Or did they add a new tier or something?

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
drat, a few channels I really wanted are in the expensive tier. Oh well, I still went with the trial. It's surprisingly good.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

mikeycp posted:

Wait, did they cut it AGAIN?? Or did they add a new tier or something?

I believe how it works is that people in the new markets don't get any of the channels which are available OTA (e.g. ABC), and as a tradeoff it's $10 less. You unfortunately can't take advantage of this if you're somewhere which doesn't have this restriction.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

??? New York City can definitely get OTA network channels but Vue has them included. Only certain city markets have them and that's why the nationwide rollout is cheaper, that's what I was saying

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

univbee posted:

I believe how it works is that people in the new markets don't get any of the channels which are available OTA (e.g. ABC), and as a tradeoff it's $10 less. You unfortunately can't take advantage of this if you're somewhere which doesn't have this restriction.

Oooooh. That makes sense. I'm not sure if that's something I woulds use or not. I don't actually have a handle on how much stuff I watch from OTA networks.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Pablo Gigante posted:

??? New York City can definitely get OTA network channels but Vue has them included. Only certain city markets have them and that's why the nationwide rollout is cheaper, that's what I was saying
Yeah I see that it's a clusterfuck like pretty much every TV related thing ever, but it's a no-brainer in my area.

Vue is $29.99

Comcast/Dish/DirecTV are like $60+ once the "HD fee" and box lease and taxes and fees and poo poo are all added up. And that's WITH a 2 year contract.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It should be noted that while you don't get the live local networks, you do get access to their on demand library, so if you an wait the week or so it takes for them to put their shows up there, it won't make a huge difference.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

Yeah I see that it's a clusterfuck like pretty much every TV related thing ever, but it's a no-brainer in my area.

Vue is $29.99

Comcast/Dish/DirecTV are like $60+ once the "HD fee" and box lease and taxes and fees and poo poo are all added up. And that's WITH a 2 year contract.

Yeah I have Time Warner which sucks and is too expensive so I signed up for the free trial to check it out, I'm in the NYC region so I can get live networks too

ucmallory
Jun 23, 2005
For anyone that has the Slim package, how extensive are the Catch Up archives? I'd love to get caught up on Better Call Saul and Fargo, but I saw an (albeit from last fall) article online that said the archives for shows/channels were minimal at best.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ucmallory posted:

For anyone that has the Slim package, how extensive are the Catch Up archives? I'd love to get caught up on Better Call Saul and Fargo, but I saw an (albeit from last fall) article online that said the archives for shows/channels were minimal at best.

Dunno but I read that a PS Vue subscription gives you access to network-specific apps which usually have more of a selection available

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

NA deal for PS3 owners: digital code of the Sly Cooper Trilogy for a whooping $2.50. Store seems safe.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Saoshyant posted:

NA deal for PS3 owners: digital code of the Sly Cooper Trilogy for a whooping $2.50. Store seems safe.

This worked, thanks.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Awesome thanks, I haven't played any sly games in forever.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

good deal. sly is still fun

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Given the subject matter of the games in question would it be ironic or not if people ended up getting their info stolen? I already own it so I'm not concerned I'm just curious if that would fall under irony or not.

edit: I clicked that link and got a popup offering me a whopping 1% of any purchase which I found amusing.

juliuspringle fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 15, 2016

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like Vue. Surprised it works in rural new Hamish re

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

vue is kicking extreme rear end for me, a soccerball watcher and a cord cutter who missed tcm

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now to find a media remote to use for it. Any suggestions?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

haven't heard anything bad about the first-party remote but i've been using the ds4

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
If anyone is getting error "s4_2s1-3" when trying the free trial of PS Vue, it might be because your address is not updated in the store, or your credit card expired because why would you put your credit card on the PSN?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Homework Explainer posted:

vue is kicking extreme rear end for me, a soccerball watcher and a cord cutter who missed tcm

I didn't realize it had live sports too! Hopefully Sony can crack the Canadian market soon so I can dump my local cable company once and for all.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Saoshyant posted:

Thank you for posting this!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I haven't had cable for years, but was burnt out on netflix and all that poo poo. Was nice to be able to just "get cable" without having to call or sign up for some guy to come to my house and push for upgrades and deal with all that horrible poo poo.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Yea Vue is pretty cool so far. It just sucks that it's at the mercy of my lovely apartment Internet. Looks like I can only get 720i, but it's not the huge step down that 480i is at least. The management here doesn't allow media bundles, so it's this or a standalone $60/mo basic cable on top of the $50/mo basic Internet. It definitely gets enough worthwhile channels to be worth $30, and the DVR/on-demand seems to be pretty robust although I haven't messed with it much yet. I'm grampa when it comes to cable TV tech.

Right as I post this, it crashes v:shobon:v at least it remembered what I was watching when I relaunched it.

enojy fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 15, 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vue seems alright so far, my DVR test of Jeopardy had a couple of weird skips in the recording but it might just be because of my internet being crappy. I'm getting an upgrade to 50mbps this week so hopefully it will work better, it'll be cool to be able to watch TV in my bedroom on the ol' PS3 too

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Vue seems alright so far, my DVR test of Jeopardy had a couple of weird skips in the recording but it might just be because of my internet being crappy. I'm getting an upgrade to 50mbps this week so hopefully it will work better, it'll be cool to be able to watch TV in my bedroom on the ol' PS3 too

That's been happening to me a lot with ABC and just ABC.

It happened some with other channels too right after I got Vue, which was right after the LA beta started, so I'm assuming it's because ABC is new and is still being worked on or something?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mikeycp posted:

That's been happening to me a lot with ABC and just ABC.

It happened some with other channels too right after I got Vue, which was right after the LA beta started, so I'm assuming it's because ABC is new and is still being worked on or something?

Jeopardy airs on ABC in NY too so maybe it is a weird ABC thing :confused:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yeah. I was having the issue with Jeopardy and Shark Tank. A couple times it made Jeopardy nigh-unwatchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
No C-Span. No deal on vue.

• Locked thread