Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The entire gimmick of that list is stress control, but if you're suggesting that I pick up another TIE/FO and slot in Omega Leader with all his toys I might just have to oblige :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Omega Ace also loves flying alongside Epsilon Leader to clear PTL stress.

Gerdalti posted:

What's everyone liking for Ghost/Phantom combos? I can't not use this ridiculously oversized ship at some point.

I was confused for a second there. It's going to be really annoying to have both the Phantom shuttle thing and the TIE Phantom in the game.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I decided to give my new paints a try. Deck tan is really good for mixing creamy warmer highlights into an off-white final highlight. Pure white is rather stark and coverage is streaky so I think these offwhites are much better. Cleaned up the black outlines as well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wonder if an astromech or T-65 title that added a tech slot would be a big enough boost to the basic X-Wing. Guess that would require some better tech cards.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Speaking of T65's, here's my latest XXX

quote:

98 points

Wedge Antilles (37)
X-Wing (29), BB-8 (2), Proton Torpedoes (4), Stay on Target (2), Guidance Chips (0)

Wes Janson (35)
X-Wing (29), R3-A2 (2), Proton Torpedoes (4), Adaptability +1 (0), Guidance Chips (0)

Biggs Darklighter (26)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

I'm hoping that Biggs draws enough fire (two rounds if we're lucky?) to let the alpha strikes secure an early kill and roll into a win. The new gimmick I want to try is BB-8 and Stay on Target for a forward 2 into a barrel roll and any 2-speed maneuver. I really need to be able to alpha down TLT carriers/contracted scouts fast since T65s are paper planes.

If it doesn't work out I might try dropping Stay on Target to Crack Shot and upping Wes's protons to ion torpedoes.

e: and if Biggs doesn't work out I might try Tarn/R7 or a stresshog or just go back to Luke for that sweet PS9/9/9

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 15, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wonder if an astromech or T-65 title that added a tech slot would be a big enough boost to the basic X-Wing. Guess that would require some better tech cards.

Yeah, I was thinking that something like this would be a decent buff, once more tech cards come out. Like, a 0-point (or -1 maybe?) "post-war refit" title or something, that gives it a tech card slot. Similar (although less good) to the TIE x1 card, I guess.

EDIT: Although it'd be good to see an S-foil dual-upgrade as well/instead, too. Very interesting possibilities, with that

EDIT EDIT: Hmm, potentially a "Rogue Squadron Pilot" title that allows a T-65 to have two mods (like with the "Royal Guard Pilot" one), so that it's possible to have IA as well as something else, like a dual-upgrade card (example above)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 15, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I suspect that the tech slot might be their way of differentiating the TFA era ships from the rest, and that we'll get more tech upgrades with the TIE/SF, Resistance Shuttle, and Kylo's Shuttle.

As long as we're kicking around T-65 fixes, just for funsies because X-Wing and TIE fighter were cool games--

Configurable Power Manifold
Modification, T-65 X-Wing only, 0 points.
When you deploy this ship, place the power configuration token on one of the options below. While the power configuration token is on an option, you gain the benefit described. You may move it to any other option at the start of each planning phase.
- Deflectors To Double Front: When defending against an attack originating in your firing arc, during the compare results step cancel one [hit] result.
- Power to Quad Lasers: When attacking a ship at range 1-2, you may convert up to 2 blank results to [focus] results
- Full Throttle: Add the [boost] icon to your action bar

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
That'd be thematically perfect and fun as hell but it's waaaay too wording and rules-heavy for them to print :(

I do like all these proposed fixes that make the T65 flexible, that's what it's supposed to be good at

e: Maybe like this?

Configurable Manifold
During the planning phase, choose one of the following bonuses:

Until end of turn:
Add [boost] to your action bar
When defending against an attacker in your firing arc, you may cancel one [hit] result
When attacking at range 1-2, you may convert up to 2 blank results to [focus] results

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 15, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Rogue Squadron X-Wing T-65 title 0 pts
Replace the X-Wing model with a 1969 Buick Electra convertible.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

General Battuta posted:

That'd be thematically perfect and fun as hell but it's waaaay too wording and rules-heavy for them to print :(

I do like all these proposed fixes that make the T65 flexible, that's what it's supposed to be good at

e: Maybe like this?

[b]Configurable Manifold/b]
During the planning phase, choose one of the following bonuses:

Until end of turn:
Add [boost] to your action bar
When defending against an attacker in your firing arc, you may cancel one [hit] result
When attacking at range 1-2, you may convert up to 2 blank results to [focus] results

May I suggest a token? Similar to the Phantom's cloak, have the major effect come upon spending the token.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Configurable Manifold
At the beginning of the Planning phase, assign a Power token to your ship if you don't have one.
Action: Spend one Power token and choose one of the following: Perform a free boost action; this turn, when defending against an attacker in your firing arc, you may cancel one [hit] result; or when attacking at range 1-2, you may convert up to 2 blank results to [focus] results.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Some Numbers version is a lot cleaner mechanically. It might be worth a few points in that iteration, since you lose some action economy but don't have to plan which benefit to take before you have board state information, making it a strictly better Engine Upgrade.

The laser gun benefit becomes a lot harder to use, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, it means maybe working in Dries, Katarn, or Tuketu.

That's a good drawback, and perfectly thematic
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 15, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
May I suggest changing the wording to "when you reveal a maneuver"? That way getting ion'd doesn't provide a token at the start of the phase.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Otisburg posted:

Some Numbers version is a lot cleaner mechanically. It might be worth a few points in that iteration, since you lose some action economy but don't have to plan which benefit to take before you have board state information, making it a strictly better Engine Upgrade.
Hmm, I didn't think of that. That's slightly worrisome, meaning it should be a minimum of 4 points.

Strobe posted:

May I suggest changing the wording to "when you reveal a maneuver"? That way getting ion'd doesn't provide a token at the start of the phase.

I have no issue with that.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Some Numbers posted:

Hmm, I didn't think of that. That's slightly worrisome, meaning it should be a minimum of 4 points.

I have no issue with that.

No, it means that X-wings are underpowered and overcosted. Look at a T-70; they get a free engine upgrade, shield upgrade, and better dial for a whopping 3 points.

Does "no issue with that" mean no issue changing the text, or no issue getting a power token even after getting ion'd which seems... counter to the idea of what ion cannons do.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Soooooooo I'm now picking up 3 jumpmasters on Thursday...

Too much? Or just right.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Strobe posted:

Does "no issue with that" mean no issue changing the text, or no issue getting a power token even after getting ion'd which seems... counter to the idea of what ion cannons do.

No issue with changing the wording.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Too much? Or just right.

I'm just getting the one, mostly so I can run Black Rage.

I usually don't bother with exact dial printouts at the table, since things tend to fly about like you'd expect, but I might have to make an exception for the Jumpmaster.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Too much? Or just right.

I'm sorely tempted to do this as well, to be honest with you. However I'm probably only going to get one initially, then more later on depending on how much I like using the JM. Definitely say how it goes for you, if/when you get to give the full trio a go!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Herman Cain Squadron

Wes Janson (29)
Adaptability (+1) (0)
R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Opportunist (4)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Luke Skywalker (28)
Adaptability (+1) (0)
R2-D2 (4)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 99

*PS 9/9/9 99 points

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Someone came into our regular game today with a jump-master and ghost. He couldn't stay to play, he just wanted to show off his broken street date ships. :P

Ojetor posted:

Omega Ace also loves flying alongside Epsilon Leader to clear PTL stress.
Yes. Today I flew OA, OL, EL and "Scourge" (only had 3 FOs). Flew pretty well. I lost both games because I screwed up flying though, in the first game I had trouble keeping pace with 3x 3-banking unreleased defender tie/x7s (he was using proxies) with free focus every time he did 3-5 moves. I was stressed a lot trying to turn, and so didn't get to use my powers much. The second game was a lot closer with just one badly injured generic X-wing-T70 (my opponent was flying XXXA)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Foolster41 posted:

Someone came into our regular game today with a jump-master and ghost. He couldn't stay to play, he just wanted to show off his broken street date ships. :P

Speaking of which, how big is the JumpMaster, if you recall? Since that's my main concern, at this point - storage. Is it like, YT-2400 size (and therefore able to fit into a single row in a double-sided Plano case), or is it much bigger than that, like a YT-1300 or a Firespray (as in, with it resting on its 'back')?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I didn't look super close, but It looked about maybe a little bigger than the YT-1400, at least wide. I think it's about as long as the YT-1400.

E: I admit, I'm pretty bad at spacial reasoning, so this is hardly authoratative, and

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 15, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I think I have locked down my Day 1 New Toy Squadrons:

Young, Black Rage
Youngster W/ Rage
Black Crack X4
Epsilon Leader W/ Weapons Guidance

Superdash Unleashed Ultimate Lothal Jedi Edition
Superdash, but with Kanan Jarrus... and Cluster Missiles Because I had Spare Points.
Ezra Attack Shuttle with PTL, Chewie, TLT, and Engine Upgrade*

*Call me crazy but with Ezra's ability does Stealth Device maybe have legs on the shuttle?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I think with the amount of chimp missiles flying around, engine upgrade for controlling range bands is gonna be golden.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Major Isoor posted:

Speaking of which, how big is the JumpMaster, if you recall? Since that's my main concern, at this point - storage. Is it like, YT-2400 size (and therefore able to fit into a single row in a double-sided Plano case), or is it much bigger than that, like a YT-1300 or a Firespray (as in, with it resting on its 'back')?

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Major Isoor posted:

I'm sorely tempted to do this as well, to be honest with you. However I'm probably only going to get one initially, then more later on depending on how much I like using the JM. Definitely say how it goes for you, if/when you get to give the full trio a go!

You can always borrow the others.

In other news I just finished TOing my first tournament! Not as much fun as playing but at least I now have 4 imperial gunner crew card alt arts.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Ojetor posted:

. It's going to be really annoying to have both the Phantom shuttle thing and the TIE Phantom in the game.

Especially after they renamed the TIE Interdictor to avoid confusion with a ship that isn't even in the game.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
So, I realized that you can run a fat Dengar build with 3 Z-95's with feedback arrays, though you have to skip glitterstim to do so and still have engine upgrade and gunner.

Tried that out along with a Dengar/Slaver build that worked pretty well. I'm actually thinking that a Slaver with K4, Zuckuss, and 4-LOM will make most aces cry sweet, sweet tears.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

The Gate posted:

So, I realized that you can run a fat Dengar build with 3 Z-95's with feedback arrays, though you have to skip glitterstim to do so and still have engine upgrade and gunner.

Tried that out along with a Dengar/Slaver build that worked pretty well. I'm actually thinking that a Slaver with K4, Zuckuss, and 4-LOM will make most aces cry sweet, sweet tears.

Doesn't that kind of short circuit, though? Any time you use 4-LOM you won't be able to K4, and then you're stuck with this pile of stress tokens from Zuckuss.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Gate posted:

Gunner stops you from doing Dengar's counterattack though, right? K4 and Glitterstim instead?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Aw, poo poo, BB8 + Stay on Target is a lovely combo because you can't remove a stress off the green maneuver before you Stay on Target. So there's no way to Barrel Roll- > Stay on Target every turn.

Back in the box, Stay on Target :(

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

BB8 in general is unfortunate cause he's a novel looking piece on paper, but it's hard to appreciate how restrictive and situational he is until you put him on the table.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Gumdrop Larry posted:

BB8 in general is unfortunate cause he's a novel looking piece on paper, but it's hard to appreciate how restrictive and situational he is until you put him on the table.

BB-8 is a good card that can only be used on ships which can't use it well. All the ships with Astromech slots have really limited green maneuver options.

Imagine if BB-8 could be used on a TIE Interceptor. :getin:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

hooman posted:

Gunner stops you from doing Dengar's counterattack though, right? K4 and Glitterstim instead?

Don't Gunner if the first attack misses and you're going to get the pilot ability shot later. Use Gunner on that attack. Also in practice, there's plenty of times where you aren't going to have a target in your arc due to positioning. Also, people can easily have no shot on Dengar and be shooting another target instead. Gunner's great in those situations, and it was going off several times a game. Saves you from bad rolls too.

Finster Dexter posted:

Doesn't that kind of short circuit, though? Any time you use 4-LOM you won't be able to K4, and then you're stuck with this pile of stress tokens from Zuckuss.

Well, you have to 4-LOM twice to have any effect on a large ship. And you don't have to take a huge pile of stress either, depends on your target, you can just reroll 1 die. The big thing is being able to set up a TL+Focus shot that cancels a token and *can* force rerolls. It's a scary alpha strike, and if someone like Omega Leader or Fel or Corran gets caught, any fragile ace really, they're taking a serious pounding. It prevents those perfect shots from missing because your opponent rolled 4 natural evades or something.

For 34 points, or 38 with engine, that's cheaper than a lot of those same aces, and too durable for it to simply be killed before it shoots.

OTOH, I think this list probably has issues with TLTs. At least Dengar can donut the TLTs unlike Dash.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Gumdrop Larry posted:

BB8 is like an uncloaking action but unfortunately the shorter barrel roll coupled with no hard 1 turns makes it much worse.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Geisladisk posted:

BB-8 is a good card that can only be used on ships which can't use it well. All the ships with Astromech slots have really limited green maneuver options.

Imagine if BB-8 could be used on a TIE Interceptor. :getin:

Or on something like an A-wing.

Hell, give us the Delta-7. It was used during the OT era during a small slice of the EU.

In one of the Rogue Squadron games Wedge found Obi-Wan's old ship and flew it for a mission.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Random question: how does Omega Leader interact with Howlrunner? If he locks on to her, does that shut down the re-rolls she gives to everyone nearby?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

Random question: how does Omega Leader interact with Howlrunner? If he locks on to her, does that shut down the re-rolls she gives to everyone nearby?

Howlrunner posted:

When another friendly ship at Range 1 is attacking with its primary weapon, it may reroll 1 attack die.

Omega Leader posted:

Enemy ships that you have locked cannot modify any dice when attacking you or defending against your attacks.

Emphasis mine. Howlrunner isn't doing the rerolling, and Howlrunner isn't doing the attacking, so yes, Howlrunner's buddies can reroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Icon Of Sin posted:

From reading the description of the skill for Howlrunner, I would say no:

quote:

When another friendly ship at Range 1 is attacking with its primary weapon, it may reroll 1 attack die.

Howlrunner grants the friendly ship the ability to re-roll, which is different from Palp changing the dice himself. So you would have to be TLed to the target (not Howlrunner) to prevent the Howlrunner re-roll.

• Locked thread