Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, so the new movie is actually being released in the west.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5hx5rvLUN8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm of two minds because a theatrical release in the West is cool but uh, Yu-Gi-Oh dubs.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

If they can't get Dan Green to come out of retirement, there's no point in dubbing it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Uh, so the new movie is actually being released in the west.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5hx5rvLUN8

Why wouldn't it be, every Yugioh thing still gets dubbed, including the last movie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexie posted:

If they can't get Dan Green to come out of retirement, there's no point in dubbing it.

I guess it's a good thing Dan Green is very committed to the role then

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Or failing that, get the guy who does the voices for The Abridged series.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

PowerBeard posted:

Or failing that, get the guy who does the voices for The Abridged series.

LittleKuriboh? Nah.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The only role LittleKuriboh should be voicing is Freeza.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

VJeff posted:

He was fine in Tales of Zestiria.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

VJeff posted:

And even then that's just him aping Chris Ayres.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
DBZ: TAS Season 2 predates Kai, dog

He's 'aping" Ryusei Nakao the same Ayres is

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Really? poo poo. They sound nearly identical at times.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Justin_Brett posted:

Really? poo poo. They sound nearly identical at times.

That's because they're both basing their act off Ryusei Nakao

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

For the 20th anniversary, a cafe in Japan will be serving food and drink based around Yugioh characters. Menu highlights include:

A burger (Yugi)
Rice balls with fried shrimp (Yuma and Jaden)
Blue-Eyes Mountain coffee
A pancake pork sandwich
The bento Jack made that got him fired
And of course, a glass of milk :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No death poison roulette on the menu? Aw. :sigh:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kay Kessler posted:

For the 20th anniversary, a cafe in Japan will be serving food and drink based around Yugioh characters. Menu highlights include:

A burger (Yugi)
Rice balls with fried shrimp (Yuma and Jaden)
Blue-Eyes Mountain coffee
A pancake pork sandwich
The bento Jack made that got him fired
And of course, a glass of milk :v:

No Red-eyes Black Olive salad?
No Golden Egg Sandwich?
Inmato Caprese?
Grandpa Mutton chops?
Pharaoh's Koshari?
Rack of Tyranno Ribs?
One banana for the duel monkey?
Any of the Cooking monsters?
Abusive Dad Sake?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://ygorganization.com/yu-gi-oh-cafe-menu/

CRYSTAL BEAST PARFAIT

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yusei: “I’d like some Milk” Milk
"JACK: “JACK ATLAS SPECIAL SYNCHRO DON” RICE + HOT DOGS + SALMON + FRIES + MEATBALL + FRIED SHRIMP + ORANGE + STRAWBERRY + LETTUCE"

loving rad menu. I'd probably share a JACK ATLAS SPECIAL SYNCHRO DON and drink some Kattobing and have Astral Cool Ice (cream) as a dessert, the latter two seem very fresh and nice after a big meal.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I can't wait until they announce that last egao dessert.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wanna know who Roger's VA is and what else he's done

[e]:Just checked: All supporting roles :smith:
Roger is his biggest one.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 16, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Abusive Dad Sake?

Uh excuse me, I think you meant hot sauce.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Those food items are rad, and I wish there was more stuff like that/these events in the states.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, there should at least be, like, Smallville Thick Milkshake at Starbucks or something, best they ever do is print jpegs on food packaging at fast food restaurants.

On the episode: JACK ATLAS is so loving cool. I adore where he's taking Yuya and it retroactively makes Yuzu even cooler.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yugo's VA versus Jack's VA in a special duel. No subs or anything but it's easy to follow along with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iygHrbkyoZY

Jack's VA seems like he's having so much fun. :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yuto's VA sounded more like Yugo's several times and he isn't even Yugo's VA. Though then again, I guess they realistically must have similar voices, being identical twins (identical enough to perform as the evil copy of the other in Gekiranger).

Jack's VA was awesome in it even when he broke character, and I loved him pointing out that it was nostalgic to have 5D's cards on the field.

On the episode proper, I'm glad that they aren't even pretending the Lancers aren't a Sentai anymore.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Why wouldn't it be, every Yugioh thing still gets dubbed, including the last movie.

I didn't much like Bonds Beyond Time but I was glad they got Jaden's dub VA back. I was worried they wouldn't bother or be able to since he's not exactly a big talent but they did and it made me happy.

GX's dub, much like GX itself, isn't exactly...."good" but it's so out there that I love it. The dub matches the show, really. Duel Monsters' dub was super serious and you had Dan Green and the others hamming it up. Then in GX you had them constantly taking the piss out of how ridiculous everything was, again much like teh show itself.

The guy who does Pegasus is legitimately good and perfect, though. And he can sing.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Had no clue they've kept churning out series. Watched the first season of the first series way back when, collected the cards for a bit and played a bizarre ps2 game which was yu-gi-oh/tudor fanfiction.

Perhaps we'll never know who decided a good backdrop for a yu-gi-oh game would be medieval England.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://moca-news.net/article/20160319/2016031910000a_/image001.html

Kite and Asuka's redesigns for Arc-V.

Bleremiah posted:

Had no clue they've kept churning out series. Watched the first season of the first series way back when, collected the cards for a bit and played a bizarre ps2 game which was yu-gi-oh/tudor fanfiction.

Perhaps we'll never know who decided a good backdrop for a yu-gi-oh game would be medieval England.

Watch the current series, Arc-V. It's hands down the best.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

How weird. Kaito looks exactly the same as in Zexal, but Asuka has been completely redesigned, with her outfit having only a very small resemblance to her GX one. Together with Jack looking manlier but only having a slight different clothes-wise, we have someone who wasn't changed at all, someone who was barely changed, and someone who was changed completely...and Crow, I guess.

I'm also really interested in how they justify Photon Change, if they do it at all and they don't just ignore Kaito suddenly turning white for duels. Which I guess wouldn't be the weirdest poo poo the Lancers have seen.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Kite has a slight change. He dropped his glove for the red resistance scarf.

There's also this: https://ygorganization.com/arc-v-1-hour-special/

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

How weird. Kaito looks exactly the same as in Zexal, but Asuka has been completely redesigned, with her outfit having only a very small resemblance to her GX one. Together with Jack looking manlier but only having a slight different clothes-wise, we have someone who wasn't changed at all, someone who was barely changed, and someone who was changed completely...and Crow, I guess.

I'm also really interested in how they justify Photon Change, if they do it at all and they don't just ignore Kaito suddenly turning white for duels. Which I guess wouldn't be the weirdest poo poo the Lancers have seen.

Well, Alexis/Asuka originally just wore the generic Duel Academy female outfit, right? Barring her brief stint in the Society of Light, that is.

I can see why they wanted to give her something more unique.

But how do these characters make these crossovers? I know DM, GX and 5D's take place in the same world but I thought Zexal and ARC-V were new universes?

I have not watched ARC-V at all yet. I will, someday. I'm sure I'll like it, just like I've enjoyed every YGO series up until now and that includes Zexal.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

But how do these characters make these crossovers? I know DM, GX and 5D's take place in the same world but I thought Zexal and ARC-V were new universes?

I have not watched ARC-V at all yet. I will, someday. I'm sure I'll like it, just like I've enjoyed every YGO series up until now and that includes Zexal.

The returning characters in Arc-V (Kite, Asuka, Aster, Jack, and Crow), are alternate universe versions of the characters.

The basic plot of Arc-V involves a war between dimensions: Standard (the home dimension of the main characters), Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz. The Fusion dimension is based on Duel Academy, Synchro is based on Neo Dominio, and Xyz is a copy of Heartland City.

By the way, Zexal being based in a new universe is just a fan thing that most people accept as canon. As far as I've seen, it's never been confirmed officially.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think there's also that Gx aesthetics are kinda... pretty lame and outdated, like her gloves wouldn't have looked all that nice while 5D's stuff is already more in line with the ZeXal/Arc V aesthetics.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I wonder if we'll see anyone from the original series.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
A one hour special, - that's just enough time for one duel.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wonder if we'll see anyone from the original series.

Rex and Weevil.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://ygorganization.com/yu-gi-oh-cafe-menu-round-2/

Dark Contract with the Berry. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can you eat Kiryu's satisfaction noodle?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Rex and Weevil.

If we did, it would probably be Mai and Otogi. Maybe a grown up Rebecca?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pegasus or nothing. :colbert: