Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is that melon on the cucumber.

gently caress. I mean is that honey on the cucumber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

like would you still need to go hunt wild animals or find sheep in t1?

This already broke down in 2.

Some medieval peasant: "Huh? What is this "agriculture" you speak off?" :downs:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I tried to beat Haunted Castle once, no one can call a Castlevania game bad until they've tried that.

At least from what I've heard, Haunted Castle is the height of bullshit difficulty where you die in like 2-3 hits, the enemies are absurdly strong, and your movement is more sluggish than normal. That about sum it up?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

littleorv posted:

It's bad but there are worse options. Namely little Ceasars and Papa Johns off the top of my head.

Ceasars is doable if you need lots of cheep pizza.

The worst pizza I have ever had was Snappy Tomato's Pizza down in Florida. That was the only time where I had a plain cheese pizza was so bad tasting, I spat it out and threw it away.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Korean chain pizza is hella expensive. Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, etc. etc.

I wonder why? Is it because they have to ship their ingredients from the states?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

gently caress. I mean is that honey on the cucumber.

The bees seem to be using honey to stick the pieces of cucumber together, nature is incredible

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

littleorv posted:

Oh is that out? I need something to fulfill the Souls void in my heart until,3 comes out.

Yeah, it came out today. I'm also not convinced that DS style can work in 2D just because you have less movement options.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

i like cavemen times and hunting elephants more

emptyquote

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

littleorv posted:

It's bad but there are worse options. Namely little Ceasars and Papa Johns off the top of my head.

I've worked at a little Caesars before. It is a bad place

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

...To cosplay as Harley Quinn. :mmmhmm:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sylphid posted:

At least from what I've heard, Haunted Castle is the height of bullshit difficulty where you die in like 2-3 hits, the enemies are absurdly strong, and your movement is more sluggish than normal. That about sum it up?

Yup, also it comes from a weird period of arcade games where you couldn't just continue your way through it, death sent you back a fair way and iirc you could only use a certain amount of continues before having to start completely from the beginning.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

pizza by the slice seems to be more of a lunchtime or mall food court thing, though i imagine that's not the case in a pizza obsessed place like New York

It's probably because Korea in general isn't really a place where people eat alone. There's this whole culture of eating together and people who eat by themselves can be looked down upon. Also while we have a highass population density our population is still pretty small so catering to single customers is something only major supermarts (Costco, E-Mart, Lotte mart, etc.) or specialty places in the foreign district can afford doing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I wonder what's inside the Injection Needle?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AIDS

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

I will probably start this after Silver Spoon then :)

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Yup, also it comes from a weird period of arcade games where you couldn't just continue your way through it, death sent you back a fair way and iirc you could only use a certain amount of continues before having to start completely from the beginning.

Ah yes, I remember hearing that to, just forgot about when I made that post. The early Castlevania were really hard, but they were manageable with enough practice. Haunted Castle just doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Julias posted:

I wonder what's inside the Injection Needle?

Concentrated moe

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh yeah, almost every gas station chain here sells pizza by the slice. it's okay, the breakfast pizzas are really where it's at though, since most pizza places don't do them

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I wonder why? Is it because they have to ship their ingredients from the states?

The small non-franchise pizza places are way cheaper.

Places like Pizza School will give you a large for like KRW10,000, delivery from smaller places will be like KRW9,900 to KRW13,900 for a large.

Chains like Domino's or Pizza Hut are like KRW20,000 or more.

That said, there are a lot of ways to get discounts. Picking up the pizza from the store will generally get you 30% off at Domino's. And they run a ton of events.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

oh yeah, almost every gas station chain here sells pizza by the slice. it's okay, the breakfast pizzas are really where it's at though, since most pizza places don't do them

Breakfast pizza?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Domino's is half off until the 20th for no apparent reason

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

The bees seem to be using honey to stick the pieces of cucumber together, nature is incredible

Oh I thought it was some sorta word play off honeydew.

And the joke that eating cucumber with honey tastes like melon.

Sorta like that joke in Ouran about how eating avacado with soy sauce tastes like fatty tuna.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

sdvx 3 is a lot harder than 2 and I like it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Breakfast pizza?

cheese sauce base, scrambled eggs, bacon and/or sausage and/or ham, sometimes onion, sometimes green pepper, cheese on top. the crust is softer than regular pizza too

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

Domino's is half off until the 20th for no apparent reason

I checked the Korean Domino's homepage and it tells me that pizza is 40% off because it's Tuesday.

I don't understand the logic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

cheese sauce base, scrambled eggs, bacon and/or sausage and/or ham, sometimes onion, sometimes green pepper, cheese on top. the crust is softer than regular pizza too

Ah. Doesn't it get sorta really cheesy though if you've got it as a base + topping?

I generally like tomato sauce on my pizza.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

As the most generally sensible and competent symphogear, Maria is also the most boring.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I checked the Korean Domino's homepage and it tells me that pizza is 40% off because it's Tuesday.

I don't understand the logic.

the least pizzas are sold in the middle of the week so pizza companies make sales to drive up orders during those slow times

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sharkopath posted:

instead of actually discussing it youll just probe me because you lame
I wasn't going to do either of those things, actually; the former because you've never seemed interested and the latter because it was a pretty minor thing.

Thanks for the late night chuckles though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does Dominoes have a thing about Tuesdays, they're always buy one get one free here on that day

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Oh I thought it was some sorta word play off honeydew.

And the joke that eating cucumber with honey tastes like melon.

Sorta like that joke in Ouran about how eating avacado with soy sauce tastes like fatty tuna.

It could be that!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

chumbler posted:

As the most generally sensible and competent symphogear, Maria is also the most boring.

Hmmm

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ah. Doesn't it get sorta really cheesy though if you've got it as a base + topping?

I generally like tomato sauce on my pizza.

there usually isn't a lot of sauce, just enough so the pizza isn't dry.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

the least pizzas are sold in the middle of the week so pizza companies make sales to drive up orders during those slow times

Huh, that's interesting.

Makes sense, I guess. I tend to think of pizza as weekend food.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I wasn't going to do either of those things, actually; the former because you've never seemed interested and the latter because it was a pretty minor thing.

why edit it out if its simple then

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Your new nickname is chuckles

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm going to keep quoting it because the composition looks so good in timg form!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

or like the local chain that started making them here just uses their alfredo sauce, which is milder than the cheddar one other places use

• Locked thread