Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Kaedric posted:

So I hit 20 and wanted to get in on the hot horse-breeding action and there's no loving horses anywhere. Even flipping channels trying around 5 different spawns I didn't find poo poo. Kinda sucks :|

Just as a note you don't need to be level 20 to tame a horse, that's outdated info on some guides. You just need training level 5.

And yeah, horses are on a 1-2+ respawn timer and quite a few people are taming them, so finding one is kind of hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

randombattle posted:

So is the game any good? Should I pick it up?

In my opinion it's one of the best MMOs out in awhile.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Minsky posted:

This guy's pvp videos is what made me originally pick berserker so it's a bit disheartening to see this as his next video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultGzo-piXE

hopefully by the time I manage to get off my rear end and finish grinding to 50, I will be miraculously lucky and not suffer from it though I don't hold much hope since I've already seen other berserkers in the guild complain about it.

Otherwise maybe I'll just make a warrior alt or something cause the way it looks in that video looks way too irritating to play.

I can vouch as a 50 zerk this happened a ton during the treant pvp spree earlier today.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So in regards to boss summon scrolls, would anyone be interested in setting up a group that does it once a week? Doing a handful a day is kinda mind numbing, I think if we just saved up all week and did all of them in one huge chunk It'd be a lot more enjoyable.

Let me know!!

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Minsky posted:

I had it happen with a boss fight last night and chalked it up to just random lag. Then I saw this video linked from an official forum megathread full of angry people suffering from it in pvp, so I don't hold out much hope for a quick fix.

Someone on reddit posted that apparently this kind of desyncing has been fixed in one of the Mediah update patches but who knows when that hits NA.

I had the same issue for a while. watch your send/receive, and if it's the same issue as mine, it was because of massive packet loss on my sends

I'm under 500 miles from the server on a 110Mb connection. I had no packet loss in any other game

some people reported fixing it by deleting your cache folder in black desert install folder, as well as the black desert folder in my documents

reenabling Nagle's Algorithm/Disabling Leatrix Latency Fix (if you've messed with those) slightly fixed it for me. VPNing did not, nor did any other fixes I tried over the week it occured

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Currently at -945000 karma. Took me 3 hours of grinding since i had to kill a guy in my grind spot. Gonna get to 300k so I can walk into towns again without being killed. Then I'm gonna kill everyone.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

The Quake posted:

So in regards to boss summon scrolls, would anyone be interested in setting up a group that does it once a week? Doing a handful a day is kinda mind numbing, I think if we just saved up all week and did all of them in one huge chunk It'd be a lot more enjoyable.

Let me know!!

About that, yeah we should do that. Bit easier to organize. Should make a spreadsheet of people wanting to do it and have them put in how many scrolls of each they accumulated at the end of the weekdays then on the weekend organize a party of summons.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
My newbie dumbass production chain is slowly grinding it's way into place. A new boat shall be born. A boat that isn't a shitraft.

Varicelli
Jan 24, 2009
how can I talk in general chat more often? the election only lasts so long...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

randombattle posted:

I like it. Akeenai is in it. Haha.

Also tomorrow at some point I am going to take goons to different island via my new poo poo boat. You can get about 20 energy doing this and uncovering the nodes.

I'll make a post before I do it, some time in the after noon I guess.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Allangordon, HyC, Drinkfist, Luthience, and a bunch of the other Wushu refugees as well.

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 15, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
what kind of horse is this? is it broken? I bred a monster of some sort

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
You know you've done something right in your game when a player can spend 6 hours playing, not gain a single level, kill probably less than 100 mobs, and just wander around a single town running errands and learning how to trade. The kicker is that I didn't even test out my new scotch glasses until after I logged!

I'm gonna be overleveled as gently caress because I'll never leave Velia.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

randombattle posted:

This is one of the best MMOs in the past decade. Setting up trade routes has been the most occupying and satisfying parts of the experience for me so far.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

zwdzk posted:

This is one of the best MMOs in the past decade. Setting up trade routes has been the most occupying and satisfying parts of the experience for me so far.

Is there a good guide anywhere on how to set up the best trade routes? I started playing a few days ago (level 16) and I find the whole thing confusing and weird.

Also, I assume the goon guild(s) are full atm?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Chalks posted:

Is there a good guide anywhere on how to set up the best trade routes? I started playing a few days ago (level 16) and I find the whole thing confusing and weird.

Also, I assume the goon guild(s) are full atm?

Goontang atleast has 3 open spots.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Parks and Rec is down to 6 open slots. We had to remove a few.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PSA:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Sorry this game has put me to sleep five out of seven nights. No MMO has done that til thiis game. I feel its a mixture of civilization, due to outsourcing workers for gathering and such. I feel it is a knock off of Archeage, as I cant steal someone trade route bags. I feel limited in weapons I use, but it is nice to have controls over skills I admit. I feel the game is to solo of a game at the moment, and to scripted, simulator how archeage is time, day event scripted. Yes I can fish, but I rather kill fishermen in AA, I rather swim underwater in awe,. atm the underwater looks like crap verses the land.

The game has good points, but I know if i want to really enjoy this game I have to wait for future patches so i should not waste my time right now.

This game launched with AA out, ESO DLC thief guild, and Bless online. Out of the three Bless does keep me up and hooked with what it did, The one promising thing about Bless and BDO, is the Duan is supposed to get publishing rights for na/eu so I guess they will get my wallet eventually. I look long term at BDO and it needs something that players will grow for in groups/guilds. not a solo game.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Kaedric posted:

So I hit 20 and wanted to get in on the hot horse-breeding action and there's no loving horses anywhere. Even flipping channels trying around 5 different spawns I didn't find poo poo. Kinda sucks :|

The respawn time and number of horses that spawn is the only reason why I have not tried horse breeding yet which is a shame because I would really like to do it. I don't have a lot of time to play and most of it is smack in the middle of evening prime time so spending it looking for a horse only to turn up nothing on many nights is enough to convince me not to try. I don't want to have to channel swap either. I understand that creating artificial scarcity is necessary to make an MMO market viable, but it isn't worth this crap.

Horizontal Tree posted:

I'm gonna be overleveled as gently caress because I'll never leave Velia.

A lot of people say not to do this and to leave Velia asap. I am not going to say that these people are wrong but I am not going to tell you to do that either because I spent a ton of time there and had a lot of fun. What I will say though is that if you start to feel even a little bored then do yourself a favor and head south to Heidel to at least check it out. Don't worry about the fact that you still have a lot of quests around Velia. Just go. You can always head back to Velia easily and continue questing. I say this because it is easy to burn out in Velia before really experiencing everything the game has to offer.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Drythe posted:

Sorry this game has put me to sleep five out of seven nights. No MMO has done that til thiis game. I feel its a mixture of civilization, due to outsourcing workers for gathering and such. I feel it is a knock off of Archeage, as I cant steal someone trade route bags. I feel limited in weapons I use, but it is nice to have controls over skills I admit. I feel the game is to solo of a game at the moment, and to scripted, simulator how archeage is time, day event scripted. Yes I can fish, but I rather kill fishermen in AA, I rather swim underwater in awe,. atm the underwater looks like crap verses the land.

The game has good points, but I know if i want to really enjoy this game I have to wait for future patches so i should not waste my time right now.

This game launched with AA out, ESO DLC thief guild, and Bless online. Out of the three Bless does keep me up and hooked with what it did, The one promising thing about Bless and BDO, is the Duan is supposed to get publishing rights for na/eu so I guess they will get my wallet eventually. I look long term at BDO and it needs something that players will grow for in groups/guilds. not a solo game.

I'm tired; you almost got me.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drythe posted:

:ese:

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Sorry for the wars. Not.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Do I need more than one Black Stone for weapons to enhance my Basteer bow? It is at level 0. I am level 30. I was told I could go up to level 7 safely on lower tier weapons.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Felony posted:

Do I need more than one Black Stone for weapons to enhance my Basteer bow? It is at level 0. I am level 30. I was told I could go up to level 7 safely on lower tier weapons.

Just 1

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RedTonic posted:

I'm tired; you almost got me.
Yeah I was completely in it until Bless Online was mentioned since it's 1:1 for who Drythe is otherwise.

Felony posted:

Any weapons go to +7 safely. Basteer is special as you will exchange it on a quest, you do not need to get it to more than +1 and the quest will give you a special Basteer blackstone to do so.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 15, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

kalstrams posted:

Yeah I was completely in it until Bless Online was mentioned since it's 1:1 for who Drythe is otherwise.

After I posted it I really regretted not taking out that last section. I don't even know what bless online is

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Drythe posted:

I feel the game is to solo of a game at the moment, and to scripted, simulator how archeage is time, day event scripted.

Reading this sentence over and over gave me the feeling of what I imagine a stroke would feel like.

Good find.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Chalks posted:

Traders https://m.imgur.com/2yt11V9?r
Distances http://m.imgur.com/Jg5DnfN?r

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

After I posted it I really regretted not taking out that last section. I don't even know what bless online is
Moderately bad Korean theme park MMO cash grab, think of game between GW2 and B&S, worse than both.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

kalstrams posted:

Moderately bad Korean theme park MMO cash grab, think of game between GW2 and B&S, worse than both.

I thought that was this :confused:

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Drythe posted:

God loving drat it you had me until i saw who posted it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

I thought that was this :confused:
You can do better than this.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

ohsosad posted:

God loving drat it you had me until i saw who posted it.

Always remain vigilant.

kalstrams posted:

Bless and BDO both had very similar looking fansites when word started surfacing about them getting ported to English releases, and they're both the newest action-fantasy MMOs around, so I think people lump them into the same category as a result.

Taran fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 15, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

kalstrams posted:

You can do better than this.

I don't think you know me very well.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

I don't think you know me very well.
Too well, I'm afraid.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kalstrams posted:

and yet, I will probably still try it eventually. Please send help.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xavier434 posted:

and yet, I will probably still try it eventually. Please send help.
Trading is disabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Trading is disabled.

yay...