Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
uh oh mom left the basement door unlocked :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Squeezy Farm posted:

uh oh mom left the basement door unlocked :D
nope still not funny

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
also if my "judging" invovles people who post poo poo like this, i think i'm morally correct

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

squeezy you should listen to the podcast hollywood handbook

it's pitched at about the level of irony you operate on, I think you'd like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25etT-AglwY

i'll give it a shot but idle thumbs + hardcore history is already too much for me to keep up with

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Space-Pope posted:

also if my "judging" invovles people who post poo poo like this, i think i'm morally correct

like i get it, knuc's a real creep, but you gotta calm down man

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

like i get it, knuc's a real creep, but you gotta calm down man

why should that be tolerated? imho, it should be grounds for a permaban

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

knuc sux

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol if you can read knuc posts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

why should that be tolerated? imho, it should be grounds for a permaban

yeah knuc is a bad person but squeezy's just some harmless weirdo with a crush on yospos

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
yeah exactly, knuc should be and was probated for his weirdly specific death threats but just lighten up and don't engage

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Squeezy Farm posted:

i'll give it a shot but idle thumbs + hardcore history is already too much for me to keep up with

start with the mary holland episode or maybe something with a comedian you recognize. Not paulie shore though, that one's for advanced listening.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

yeah knuc is a bad person but squeezy's just some harmless weirdo with a crush on yospos
yeah, i especially liked the harmless part where he repeatedly posted poo poo about me for like 6+ months

Emptyquoter
Feb 26, 2014

setafd posted:

knuc sux

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
why isnt salt & sanctuary on steam i cant find it HELP

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Siljmonster posted:

why isnt salt & sanctuary on steam i cant find it HELP

yeah i can't either

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
looks like there's a ps4 exclusive period, pc later :rip:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sucks for them, nobody's gonna play it now

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
You know what's a cool video game well I'll tell you it's the Hitman.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

worked for braid and fez :shrug:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
the previews i saw for salt and sanctuary looked great, but i watched a playthrough video with the devs the other day and i hate the artstyle and the attitudes of the developers

is the game at least really really good to play?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Pinterest Mom posted:

worked for braid and fez :shrug:
didn't work for rise of the tomb raider

being xbone exclusive is ballmer's kiss of death

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Palpek posted:

being xbone exclusive is ballmer's kiss of death
just being kissed by ballmer is a kiss of death :o:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
rip developers, murdered by the balls

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

D > DF > F+Hard Pet

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bloodborne was my 2015 goty but the one thing about its storytelling thats kinda annoying is that it doesn't really explain anything about the player character

like, you gotta read a lot of flavor text to get the whole picture in bloodborne but you can get a pretty accurate picture of the entire story/history of the world in general doing that- without having to guess at too much

but in exact opposite to the Souls series your character's motivation is like the only thing that's not really explicitly made clear and that's weird

Like Demons'/Dark Souls pretty explicitly explains your character's quest (in Demon's Souls you're literally just an adventurer looking to stop the fog- either for person glory/fame or because it's the right thing to do. The Undead in DS1/2 have pretty specific destinies), and kinda leaves aspects of the world for you to guess at.

If you look hard enough in Bloodborne you get a rough timeline for the whole debacle that happened in Yharnam (and before it), and largely explained backstories for almost all notable NPCs and figures. But what exactly IS Paleblood and why are you looking for it? i dunno :shrug:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Space-Pope posted:

yeah, i especially liked the harmless part where he repeatedly posted poo poo about me for like 6+ months

maybe you should stop acting like a gigantic manlet and get over someone cyberbullying you on the something awful forums

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

normal person: uh words on the internet? who freaking cares!!

moron furry in yospos: uurugHGHGUH I'M GONNA SLIT MY WRISTS

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
please talk more about interpersonal relationships instead of games in the games thread, its so fascinating and not at all boring

i just bought the division and i hope it doesnt suck. if it does i also got bloodborne as a backup but i didnt really like DS2 so hopefully i dont hate it

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Fabricated posted:

Bloodborne was my 2015 goty but the one thing about its storytelling thats kinda annoying is that it doesn't really explain anything about the player character

like, you gotta read a lot of flavor text to get the whole picture in bloodborne but you can get a pretty accurate picture of the entire story/history of the world in general doing that- without having to guess at too much

but in exact opposite to the Souls series your character's motivation is like the only thing that's not really explicitly made clear and that's weird

Like Demons'/Dark Souls pretty explicitly explains your character's quest (in Demon's Souls you're literally just an adventurer looking to stop the fog- either for person glory/fame or because it's the right thing to do. The Undead in DS1/2 have pretty specific destinies), and kinda leaves aspects of the world for you to guess at.

If you look hard enough in Bloodborne you get a rough timeline for the whole debacle that happened in Yharnam (and before it), and largely explained backstories for almost all notable NPCs and figures. But what exactly IS Paleblood and why are you looking for it? i dunno :shrug:

I thought it was because paleblood could cure some plague?

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
does anyone here play dominions 4?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Panty Saluter posted:

yeah, my understanding is that you have some kind of disease that needs the healing church's blood ministration, so off to jolly yharnam and your travel agent neglected to tell you that you arrive on the night of the hunt so off you go

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

more like dICK posted:

does anyone here play dominions 4?

I own it but I'm too dumb to play it

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I kinda feel that way but I'm gonna keep trying. I have a serious itch for a fantasy mapgame

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

more like dICK posted:

I kinda feel that way but I'm gonna keep trying. I have a serious itch for a fantasy mapgame
install elder scrolls or game of thrones mod on ck2

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I don't like skyrim, game of thrones, or ck2

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

more like dICK posted:

I don't like skyrim, game of thrones, or ck2
while im sure there are some other fantasy mods out there for it, since i just mentioned the ones ive heard of in news, not liking ck2 makes fantasy mapgaming slight more difficult i guess, especially presuming that you dont like eu4 either since ill be surprised if there isnt something for it either

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Panty Saluter posted:

It's not really clear; your initial outfit suggests that, but the blood minister who makes you sign the contract at the beginning of the game acts like he's never heard of it. It's not clear if YOU have a disease called Paleblood, or if you need Paleblood to be cured, or whatever.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

kalstrams posted:

while im sure there are some other fantasy mods out there for it, since i just mentioned the ones ive heard of in news, not liking ck2 makes fantasy mapgaming slight more difficult i guess, especially presuming that you dont like eu4 either since ill be surprised if there isnt something for it either

I'll check out eu4 mods. I like that game better because there are fewer people to keep track of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

more like dICK posted:

I'll check out eu4 mods. I like that game better because there are fewer people to keep track of.
here's a couple
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276456014&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582668094&searchtext=
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582674925&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485198394&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=298667898

• Locked thread