Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

hup posted:

Don't tempt me to do conclave for skins, this is not a path I'm ready to go down

Hey, I hate Conclave just as much as you do. We can hate it together!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
The problem with that Kronen skin is that it's a Kronen. Not a bad weapon but the Boltace exists.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I kinda like the look of the Kronen better, honestly. Boltace might be better, but "lets glue some bones to it!" type of aesthetic never much appealed to me.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I kinda like the look of the Kronen better, honestly. Boltace might be better, but "lets glue some bones to it!" type of aesthetic never much appealed to me.

The Boltace looks like some fan-con H R Geiger garbage. gently caress those things. And the Kronen, gently caress those too. Can't we just get some nice, bludgeoning tonfa, please?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Veretas posted:

gently caress that conclave kronen skin looks awesome. No, NO, this cannot happen. gently caress you for making me even consider doing conclave nonsense.

Give in..

..You know you want to spend at least 500k standing on cosmetics.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Even I am not quite that deranged.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
DE please make that Syandana tradable, so I can drop way too much plat on some pubbie to get it.

Anything but Conclave, please.

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

DE please make that Syandana tradable, so I can drop way too much plat on some pubbie to get it.

Anything but Conclave, please.

Joke's on you, even if you have the syandana it'll only stay lit if you play conclave and finish the daily/weekly challenges. Otherwise it's just an ugly lump of metal on your back :suicide:

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I for one dislike the tonkor but mostly because I've been burned too many times by it skittering between Grineers' tiny stick legs instead of exploding and then going boom harmlessly behind them when I could have had a fine mist of clone blood <:mad:>

I have the same problem. My FPS instincts kick in and I am compelled to shoot my exploder gun at the bad guy's feet. The only thing that makes me feel better is rocket jumping off their faces.

mortal posted:

How crucial/helpful is the projectile speed mod on the Tonkor? I looked through my mods and realized I somehow don't have it despite doing a million T1/3 Sabs.

On it's own, it just makes the grenades go farther. Probably not worth using. If you have a Zephyr, though, and get the Turbulence augment, and crank up power strength to 175%, it makes tonkor shots explode on impact.

Spider Plant
Jan 1, 2007

A more dignified life-form.
With regards to PS4 clans, are there multiple goon ones? Reading through the thread 'definitely the corpus' seems to be the main one. I asked for an invite in the thread a while back, and joined the clan LLJK. Are these part of the same alliance?

I ask because I often find I'm the only one online, or at most one or two others. Could be time zones not working out, as I'm in England and tend to play in the evening.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Cascade Failure posted:

Joke's on you, even if you have the syandana it'll only stay lit if you play conclave and finish the daily/weekly challenges. Otherwise it's just an ugly lump of metal on your back :suicide:

Please tell me you're joking.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It actually does not look bad without the flames.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Fine, I'll forma my Tonkor for a critbuild. Anyone have their setup on hand so I know which mods to use/obtain? I was right about not having Adhesive Blast.

I'm currently on lunch break at work, so I can't take a screenshot of my Tonkor build at the moment. From memory, though, this is what I currently have in my Tonkor:

1. Split Chamber
2. Serration
3. Stormbringer
4. Infected Clip
5. Point Strike
6. Vital Sense
7. Hammer-shot
8. Fast Hands

Serration and Fast Hands aren't at their maximum levels, just as an FYI. Also, please don't take this as some optimized Tonkor build. This is just what I run with at the moment.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I have pretty much the exact same build for my Tonker but I switched Fast Hands for Bladed Rounds (which I love).

I have no idea how to get it above 100% crit like the one guy said to do however, even with Critical Delay it only goes to 89% or so. I'd use Argon Scope to get into Red Crit territory but I'm horrible with head shots on the Tonker.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Kris xK posted:

I have pretty much the exact same build for my Tonker but I switched Fast Hands for Bladed Rounds (which I love).

I have no idea how to get it above 100% crit like the one guy said to do however, even with Critical Delay it only goes to 89% or so. I'd use Argon Scope to get into Red Crit territory but I'm horrible with head shots on the Tonker.

:crossarms:

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Kris xK posted:

Tonkor will "head-shot" things most of the time anyway as long as some enemy gets hit by the balls or steps on them.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wow. A syandana I would actually wear, and you have to work for it to look good each week.

Just... wow. As if paying the rep wasn't enough.

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

Please tell me you're joking.

Alas, I am not:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Calling it now: Prime Access version that stays lit.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cascade Failure posted:

Alas, I am not:

If we can't make the game mode good, we can at least add cosmetics to grind to temporarily bolster the active user numbers

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Also predicting some kind of shoulder wing that grows brighter with how many raids you complete per week (if not needing to be refreshed daily).

You can take it to the bank, something like that will happen.

EDIT: Wait no, I forgot the best part - it will cost 50 plat minimum to buy.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 15, 2016

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Hmmmm now I'm wondering if one of my mods isn't maxed out.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

WebDO posted:

If we can't make the game mode good, we can at least add cosmetics to grind to temporarily bolster the active user numbers

It actually is good now, it's insanely well balanced, and there's not really not much lag anymore.

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us

Nalesh posted:

It actually is good now, it's insanely well balanced, and there's not really not much lag anymore.

By "insanely well balanced" you meant to say "will eat you alive because the obsessives have already settled in and learned the best weapons and tactics to use on each possible map." Hope this helps.

No, I'm not bitter, why do you ask? :v:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

:siren: Vauban Chassis on Jupiter, 1 hour! :siren:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Nalesh posted:

7/10 troll post, no part of this game is insanely well balanced without lag so even a rudimentary fact check reveals this as false, still :golfclap:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

Also predicting some kind of shoulder wing that grows brighter with how many raids you complete per week (if not needing to be refreshed daily).

You can take it to the bank, something like that will happen.

EDIT: Wait no, I forgot the best part - it will cost 50 plat minimum to buy.

This is the weakest faux-complaint I've read so far in this thread and that's really saying something.

Janana posted:

By "insanely well balanced" you meant to say "will eat you alive because the obsessives have already settled in and learned the best weapons and tactics to use on each possible map." Hope this helps.

No, I'm not bitter, why do you ask? :v:

Tag the little button in the bottom right of the pvp mode select screen so you get matched up with people of your own rank.

WebDO posted:

Apparently there is actually an active PvP fanbase featuring their own meta. Seems we need to get with the times.
We may not like it, but it does have fans.

Nalesh posted:

I just don't really like it because it feels twitchy. It's like I'm playing a really slippery AC4A. I also don't like how energy is at a premium. I know, I know that's good game design because powers can be OP as poo poo but it feels super awkward.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

Apparently there is actually an active PvP fanbase featuring their own meta. Seems we need to get with the times.

This is like arguing Star Citizen exists and isn't a scam because people are fans

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

SSNeoman posted:

Other bad things that have fans whose opinions we should not consider:

- Final Fantasy: Spirits Within
- Star Citizen
- Bitcoin
- Your posting (presumably, haven't met one of these rare specimens in the wild)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

WebDO posted:

This is like arguing Star Citizen exists and isn't a scam because people are fans

except for the minor caveat that conclave exists and is not only playable but has its own mods, tiers, game modes, voice clips and other things that make it a real game

yeah i guess it's otherwise exactly like star citizen

C'mon dude.

Tallgeese posted:

- Your posting (presumably, haven't met one of these rare specimens in the wild)

holy poo poo :lol:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You're right, those guys are probably extinct. I'll have to inform the IUCN.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

SSNeoman posted:

Tallgeese posted:

holy poo poo :lol:
:eyepop:

Pot to Kettle - "You are black."

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

SilentW posted:

:eyepop:

Pot to Kettle - "You are black."

I mean really what can I say in response? It's like if MIGF accused me of trolling. I can't do anything but just chuckle and sigh.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

I propose the PvPers have their own thread to talk amongst themselves. Separate but equal, if you will.

We wouldn't want that sorry lot ruining public morals for the rest of us. :colbert:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The only true PVP is Vauban and Limbo's Bounce Dimension

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

SSNeoman posted:

I mean really what can I say in response? It's like if MIGF accused me of trolling. I can't do anything but just chuckle and sigh.

...I must ask, do you usually have this much trouble knowing friendly ribbing when you see it? I don't actually have a problem with you or your posts.

Danakir posted:

I propose the PvPers have their own thread to talk amongst themselves. Separate but equal, if you will.

We wouldn't want that sorry lot ruining public morals for the rest of us. :colbert:

Whoa. Save that kind of racism for the Grineer, man.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I'm only exercising my right of free speech and saying what we're all already thinking, good sir. Don't try and silence me with your political correctness.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I still don't see why pvp is so loathed. There's some unbalanced cheesy poo poo held over from the singleplayer, but there's also some fairly fun jumpy killmans to be had if you fancy a change of pace.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Danakir posted:

I'm only exercising my right of free speech and saying what we're all already thinking, good sir. Don't try and silence me with your political correctness.

There are some things you just don't say in polite company. You may as well have just called people with an intellectual disability the r-word.

(Luckily there's nobody that fits the description of "polite company" in this thread, but, details.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Realtalk: As long as Conclave stays its own thing and they don't try and force regular players into engaging with it regardless of their personal preference I'm 100% cool with it. PvP just isn't my cup of tea, but I'm glad it's there for people who enjoy that sort of thing and that it's been improving steadily. (Or so I'm told, at least)

I suspect most of the people giving Conclave poo poo in this thread feel similarly.

And I see Tallgeese is one of those Tenno… liberals. I hope you'll be happy once the entire system is full of Grineer, sir. You are no credit to Space Mom, I'll tell you that much.