Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Xenoveritas posted:

As long as you stay away from various infamous ERP spots, you're usually pretty safe.

Except for that time I ran into ERPers who were ERPing next to the Minicactpot board in /say.

My first encounter with Rp on Balmung was two Lalas ERPing on say at that house in Bronze Lake. They drew a bit of a crowd, who started throwing up fireworks and cheering. I have screenshots bit am phone posting so will add them when I get home. poo poo was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Hommando posted:

I haven't been playing this game long enough to notice. Does the weekly reset time get changed based on daylight savings?

To go into more detail, the weekly (and daily) reset time gives zero shits about whether or not you observe daylight savings, and will go off on its exact same schedule regardless. So if you don't observe daylight savings, it'll stay at the same local hour for you because your time hasn't changed. If you do observe daylight savings, however, it will "change" by an hour because your local time has made that change.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
lalafell erp

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
my first encounter with erp was when I was doing my thaumaturge quests on my third day inside that thal's cave, I was doing the quest when suddenly I saw in /s something along the lines of 'onii chan it's too big'

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

ChickenWing posted:

A non-trivial subset of RPers are literally only in it for the catgirl sex. RPers in general tend to be decent people (if a little dramatic), but goddamn some of them make me reconsider my life choices.

I've been tempted to show some of the worst I see in this thread, since the goon linkshell seems to get a kick out of the horror stories I tell, but I've held back because it might be a bit too weird. Some of the greats from the past include me being kicked from the first FC I was in on the server for raising an objection about another member openly doing mind-control/rape RP in the lobby of the FC house, and my second FC using child suicide bombers as a plot device on no less than three occasions.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hey no need to kink shame if it's consenting adul...

Verranicus posted:

mind-control/rape child

Oh. Carry on then.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Edit: nvm, this will just be a stupid slap fight.

LunarShadow fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 15, 2016

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I'm fine with people doing ERP but like
not in Say
please

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The best I had recently was a person in a CM who was RP'ing as Zelda's cousin that killed Link then one day Zelda playing the Ocarina of Time transported her/him to Eorzea.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

People ERP in my friend's basement. It's a nice surprise for her to walk in on. That'll teach her to be the wealthy 1%, owning a nicely decorated house!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bleuraindrops posted:

People ERP in my friend's basement. It's a nice surprise for her to walk in on. That'll teach her to be the wealthy 1%, owning a nicely decorated house!

I didn't know AirBnB operated in Eorzea.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

I didn't know AirBnB operated in Eorzea.

You have no idea.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

bleuraindrops posted:

Does this happen often? Is there some sort of exterminator you can hire?

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

jellycat posted:

I'm fine with people doing ERP but like
not in Say
please

Near Mugen: - the man Weakend as the Seal Is removed as hot thick Precum In Ozzing deep into you as he groans- " gently caress arrrreghh You Wn this round D damiit . - His body clenches as you feel you body roughly being held onto as a rush a warm hot goo enter your womb as the man has Came inside you. Filling you up he a hard deep filling rush of his hot Cum , His seed into you Fetil pussy.- FUCKKk ARgghhh ARgh "

Booya
Feb 17, 2012
Please erp only in say, actually.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: FUCKKk ARgghhh ARgh

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Does this happen often? Is there some sort of exterminator you can hire?

Kinda? If you leave your house open to the public it'll happen sooner or later. The first day my FC got our house a random half-naked catgirl decided to barge in and scope out our rooms while we were decorating. Haven't seen any spicy RPing but it's p inevitable.

Booya posted:

FUCKKk ARgghhh ARgh

Thank you

Astro Creep fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 15, 2016

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

Booya posted:

Near Mugen: - the man Weakend as the Seal Is removed as hot thick Precum In Ozzing deep into you as he groans- " gently caress arrrreghh You Wn this round D damiit . - His body clenches as you feel you body roughly being held onto as a rush a warm hot goo enter your womb as the man has Came inside you. Filling you up he a hard deep filling rush of his hot Cum , His seed into you Fetil pussy.- FUCKKk ARgghhh ARgh "

The coolest part of this is the guy was a member of a big 100 person prostitute guild that charged real gil for a fuckin', so someone paid like 100k gil for that.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I stayed up way to late last night listening to Tiny (don't know your SA account) experience the Hildy quest for the first time so now I'm completely :morning: right now.

Totally worth it.

sword_man.gif posted:

lalafell erp

Hey spoiler that, some of us are at work! :mad:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I've had some folks ERPing in /say on Excalibur just outside of Flames HQ once

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

SirPhoebos posted:

I stayed up way to late last night listening to Tiny (don't know your SA account) experience the Hildy quest for the first time so now I'm completely :morning: right now.

Totally worth it.

Hey spoiler that, some of us are at work! :mad:

I mean, everyone's reaction to Hildy catching an Ace of Spades with his forehead in /fc is usually priceless.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!
And Balmung is actually Cool and Good

Transferring there was the best decision I've ever made in this game (making a Roegadame comes in at a close second)

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
As far as I can tell, RPers basically don't exist on Japanese servers (there is a LS on mine for girls who like boys being gay that's okay with it, but they apparently don't have anyone actually doing it at the moment).

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
That egg gathering FATE is so much better than doing the dailies. Just the fact that it gives 2 eggs makes it so efficient.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hivac posted:

I've had some folks ERPing in /say on Excalibur just outside of Flames HQ once

Nothing compared the occasions guild work ERP broadcast.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
The living egg rolling around Grid instantly makes this the best seasonal event we've ever had.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Booya posted:

Please erp only in say, actually.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Booya posted:

Clearly not a Lominsan ERPer, as there aren't three apostrophes per word.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

My only ERP story is that one time I found a pair of half-naked people off in some secluded corner of Ishgard, but they weren't saying anything so I assume they were conducting their deviancy over /tell. So I just waved, spammed Unleash a couple times, and left.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Truga posted:

Hey no need to kink shame if it's consenting adul...

Oh. Carry on then.

The gist of it was that the woman RP'd as someone who for whatever reason (I didn't want to dig too deep for my own sanity's sake) could not refuse an order from any man, no matter how depraved it was. She herself claimed that she had done RP involving being made to drink piss, and a whole lot of rape. At the time I was in my first FC on Balmung, which going by their ad on the RPC forums should have been a traditional sort of adventuring RP guild. What it turned out to be was a creepy European sex den, where their idea of RP was cuddle parties in the main room, spending hours in the hot tubs together, pairing off randomly and locking themselves in private rooms for 6+ hours at a time, and the very rare occurrence of actual RP always involved one of the officers being kidnapped. Every time.

There were maybe two or three normies like my wife and I in the FC so we ended up just not doing anything with the bulk of the FC and laughing about how terrible they were. It annoyed me, but for the most part I could ignore it, until one fateful night. Turns out this one weirdo German catboy had hooked up with mind control girl and began bringing her around to the house to RP there, and at first it was more cringeworthy than outright offensive. The usual "oh, I'd never take advantage of you like other men! we'll find a way to cure you together!" poo poo. That all changed late one night when I happened to walk inside the FC to use the repair NPC and found German catboy literally using the stupid mind control poo poo to gently caress the girl in the lobby of the FC. In say and emote. Right at the entrance.

I kind of flipped out in FC chat, saying that was a little bit hosed up and why why why are you doing this where I can see it, only to be shouted down and told "please don't kinkshame" by one officer and "I was sexually assaulted in real life and I don't have a problem with RP like that, I've done it myself" by another. After that I started being more outright hostile to the officers until one day I accidentally mistelled something into FC chat about how the leader was messing around on her real life boyfriend with the three random dudes she was constantly ERPing with (another story) on her alts and ended up getting kicked.

I hope you enjoyed a brief glimpse into Balmung RP.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Man, my FC's arguments of whether the kettle should be in the center of the lawn, in front of the door, or in the chocobo stables, seem pale in comparison.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

jellycat posted:

As far as I can tell, RPers basically don't exist on Japanese servers (there is a LS on mine for girls who like boys being gay that's okay with it, but they apparently don't have anyone actually doing it at the moment).

generally everyone converges on whatever is nominated the "official" RP server, so unless you're "lucky" you won't see anything anywhere except that server.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I got unlucky in that when we all split up to find different FCs to be in for the safari aspect of it I ended up in the only FC on balmung where ERP isn't happening 24/7 in the mansion and we're polite and help the newer of us

Although one time a long time ago I had to explain why you wanted to spend your 30 points on str as a paladin tank to a paladin in the FC who just refused to understand. Thank god Yoshi solved his problem in the last patch.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

ChickenWing posted:

generally everyone converges on whatever is nominated the "official" RP server, so unless you're "lucky" you won't see anything anywhere except that server.

Right, but there's not an "official" Japanese RP server or even much of a culture of RPing to begin with (although there are definitely some people who do it), is what I mean. I was curious about it, so I've tried looking it up and asking around, and it's just not really a thing with Japanese players. One of my FC friends speculated that it might be because Japanese people get that kind of stuff out of their system with chuunibyou.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If you want a special brand of :psyduck: there's someone in my FC on Adamantoise who was leveling DRG and was increasingly pissed that the level 45/50 AF gear was worse than her level 40 stuff because it had less defense and magic resist on it.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

As promised, the screenshot I was talking about.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

In STO all I think I did was join others in disco ball / balloon noise popper ERPERS into leaving public areas. I don't know if we ever actually starred or trekked.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Verranicus posted:

The gist of it was that the woman RP'd as someone who for whatever reason (I didn't want to dig too deep for my own sanity's sake) could not refuse an order from any man, no matter how depraved it was. She herself claimed that she had done RP involving being made to drink piss, and a whole lot of rape. At the time I was in my first FC on Balmung, which going by their ad on the RPC forums should have been a traditional sort of adventuring RP guild. What it turned out to be was a creepy European sex den, where their idea of RP was cuddle parties in the main room, spending hours in the hot tubs together, pairing off randomly and locking themselves in private rooms for 6+ hours at a time, and the very rare occurrence of actual RP always involved one of the officers being kidnapped. Every time.

There were maybe two or three normies like my wife and I in the FC so we ended up just not doing anything with the bulk of the FC and laughing about how terrible they were. It annoyed me, but for the most part I could ignore it, until one fateful night. Turns out this one weirdo German catboy had hooked up with mind control girl and began bringing her around to the house to RP there, and at first it was more cringeworthy than outright offensive. The usual "oh, I'd never take advantage of you like other men! we'll find a way to cure you together!" poo poo. That all changed late one night when I happened to walk inside the FC to use the repair NPC and found German catboy literally using the stupid mind control poo poo to gently caress the girl in the lobby of the FC. In say and emote. Right at the entrance.

I kind of flipped out in FC chat, saying that was a little bit hosed up and why why why are you doing this where I can see it, only to be shouted down and told "please don't kinkshame" by one officer and "I was sexually assaulted in real life and I don't have a problem with RP like that, I've done it myself" by another. After that I started being more outright hostile to the officers until one day I accidentally mistelled something into FC chat about how the leader was messing around on her real life boyfriend with the three random dudes she was constantly ERPing with (another story) on her alts and ended up getting kicked.

I hope you enjoyed a brief glimpse into Balmung RP.

Who cares? It's a fantasy. If it disturbs you, leave the FC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a dude who loves rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Any erotic roleplaying should be private, but rape roleplaying doubly so.

• Locked thread