Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

how the gently caress was actual crazy person pat the voice of reason in that trailer discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Genetic Toaster posted:

how the gently caress was actual crazy person pat the voice of reason in that trailer discussion

Because Woolie and Liam are usually wrong, especially when it comes to shipping games despite working in games.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rodyle posted:

Also Woolie just poo poo on TWEWY.

Man fuc kWoolie. TWEWY is the loving best.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm surprised Woolie doesn't love TWEWY given how it appeals to his Japanese urban aesthetic like Jet Set Radio and Splatoon do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He said it controls badly, I don't think he talked about the actual game besides that.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I remember the DS edition was kind of a screen destroyer and a multi-tasking nightmare, I hear the iOS port remedied those issues though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Roach Warehouse posted:

I remember the DS edition was kind of a screen destroyer and a multi-tasking nightmare, I hear the iOS port remedied those issues though.

The ios port was also never updated to run on modern versions of ios

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

"And then it rolled directly into another loving Street Fighter discussion" about sums up every single podcast

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Roach Warehouse posted:

Unless you were just stabbing into the screen there's no way it'd gently caress up your screen. I replay that game like twice a year and my launch fat grey DS still holds up fine.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

He said it controls badly, I don't think he talked about the actual game besides that.

And as Liam said, he's wrong.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

E: that Stellaris segment is some Brad Shoemaker tier poo poo

Brad Shoemaker is powerful though unlike Woolie.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Brad is many things, but not powerful

Unless he's playing Volgar, then his power becomes nearly infinite apparently

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
or Doom

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Listening to Pat and Woolie actually care about Naruto Game not being accurate to the comic is almost as bad as actually playing Broken Bond.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Wordnumber posted:

Listening to Pat and Woolie actually care about Naruto Game not being accurate to the comic is almost as bad as actually playing Broken Bond.

actually, it's the best part

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Clearly they intentionally played the bad Naruto game so they wouldn't get sucked back in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They don't even care about it being accurate to the manga, they care about the anime accuracy

Like they are literally naming episodes and chapters and as someone who has followed Naruto since he was 15 that's pretty loving staggering to me that they give this much of a poo poo about it

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

The ios port was also never updated to run on modern versions of ios

Sounds about right for a Square-Enix mobile game :haw:

HGH posted:

Apparently the Ouya has had 60000 lifetime sales.
Nice job Ouya.

I am so glad I backed out of backing this thing before the KS ended. At the time I was intrigued because one of my former college classmates/coworkers was in their sizzle reel so I thought "well if he thinks it might be a good idea..." but as I read more and more about the marketing I started to worry and backed out. Thank goodness I did. a $9 million dollar Kickstarter on a goal of 1/10 that produced possibly the worst controller in existence and a console unit that overheated if you had it facing the way they intended because "artistic vision" or whatever. As I understand Liam's desire to defend things that aren't great I will never understand his desire to defend such a debacle.

At least some good games came out of it but definitely not a good ROI in any sense of the imagination. It's a shame too cause I still think the microconsole was an interesting idea and yet not even Sony could make it work (well they probably could have if they even gave the smallest of damns about the Vita but it's clear they never really did).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well if you care, the VitaTV sold 180000 units in the US so that's actually kinda ok. For being the VitaTV that is.
Granted they costed $40 but still. More than the Ouya can say.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Angry_Ed posted:

Sounds about right for a Square-Enix mobile game :haw:

I am so glad I backed out of backing this thing before the KS ended. At the time I was intrigued because one of my former college classmates/coworkers was in their sizzle reel so I thought "well if he thinks it might be a good idea..." but as I read more and more about the marketing I started to worry and backed out. Thank goodness I did. a $9 million dollar Kickstarter on a goal of 1/10 that produced possibly the worst controller in existence and a console unit that overheated if you had it facing the way they intended because "artistic vision" or whatever. As I understand Liam's desire to defend things that aren't great I will never understand his desire to defend such a debacle.

At least some good games came out of it but definitely not a good ROI in any sense of the imagination. It's a shame too cause I still think the microconsole was an interesting idea and yet not even Sony could make it work (well they probably could have if they even gave the smallest of damns about the Vita but it's clear they never really did).

The PSTV was the best possible version of the Ouya and apparently it was a failure.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well yeah that's what I'm saying. The Vita TV/PSTV was probably the best workable idea but Sony sorta just tosssed it out onto the market with very little fanfare (much like the Vita, only even less than that). Also I wonder how much of those 180k were actually sold and not just like free add-ons when people bought a PS4 during holiday promotions at stores (I know Best Buy had a promo going at one point, for example).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I really want to say a big reason why the Vita failed was the horrific memory card prices. A 32 gig card cost 100 bucks, christ.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tae posted:

I really want to say a big reason why the Vita failed was the horrific memory card prices. A 32 gig card cost 100 bucks, christ.

Gotta get those proprietary dollars

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Wow PS VR is stupid cheap ($399) and coming out in October. At that price, the Zaibatsu might be the first LP channel to record Woolie's vomiting on it in VR itself.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Solaris Knight posted:

Wow PS VR is stupid cheap ($399) and coming out in October. At that price, the Zaibatsu might be the first LP channel to record Woolie's vomiting on it in VR itself.

$535 :canada:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Yeah that's the other big problem. Sony has this compulsion to make one-off media formats that are overly expensive despite a cheaper option existing. You'd think after MiniDisc, UMD, and Memory Stick they'd have learned but no such luck

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

Ah yes, but will it allow me to gently caress a hentai?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Square Enix continues to hate Liam.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I forgot how cool Sarif's low-poly vest is, goddamn. DXHR has some cool fashion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The most consistently good parts of Naruto were the openings.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWGwn0XMhic

Missed opportunity: Reflect? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Matt just said in the flophouse that he likes doing FFX a lot less because of all the negative feedback. I understand taking criticism personally, but man... Idk. No one cares about the gameplay, make me laugh clown!!!!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

goldblums eyes posted:

Matt just said in the flophouse that he likes doing FFX a lot less because of all the negative feedback. I understand taking criticism personally, but man... Idk. No one cares about the gameplay, make me laugh clown!!!!

Apparently there are a decent number of vocal crazies that care about optimal builds and tactics in an easy game where the players established they aren't doing any of the hard side content.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't read the comments... Which I'm not sure you can do if you're actually trying to make a living from YouTube?

I'm still enjoying the FFX LP even though some bits can be kind of frustrating, like that 45 minute or so evarae fight

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
there's a difference between caring about optimal builds and watching a full episode length boss fight where they keep doing things that don't work over and over

the idea Matt likes a game less because people are criticizing an LP...man, I don't even know.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm sure Matt is open to constructive criticism as long as it's, you know, constructive. But this is the internet and most people can't point out mistakes or give advice without being really insulting about it. Plus, I'm sure he's still getting tons of comments asking him about side quests.

It's a shame really, because FFX is probably still my favorite LP going on right now. I really enjoy seeing Matt and Woolie riff and enjoy the story of the game.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well I'm watching the latest FFX video on YouTube and they just won't stop attacking mort and they are making that fight a lot longer than it had to be. They totally aren't paying attention.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne posted:

I'm sure Matt is open to constructive criticism as long as it's, you know, constructive. But this is the internet and most people can't point out mistakes or give advice without being really insulting about it. Plus, I'm sure he's still getting tons of comments asking him about side quests.

It's a shame really, because FFX is probably still my favorite LP going on right now. I really enjoy seeing Matt and Woolie riff and enjoy the story of the game.

"pay more attention to what you're doing so battles don't last hours" is pretty constructive criticism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

cmykjester posted:

Well I'm watching the latest FFX video on YouTube and they just won't stop attacking mort and they are making that fight a lot longer than it had to be. They totally aren't paying attention.

He did mention that attacking Skinner would make him do a triple attack thing while hitting the bug would just basically make him not get any hits on the party, it's easy to see which is the most optimal for a playthrough.