Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Oh no doubt I said that, just didn't drop 5 bucks on it.
:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
The only av money I ever spent was buying HCLChicken an av after he let slip that he did semenalysis, since I figured being a professional government cum tester was av-worthy material.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

lite_sleepr posted:

Rek is a major?

Jeez.

You either make major between the 8 and 10 year mark or you go bye bye.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im pretty sure O-4 and O-5 is like 70% of pilots anyway.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

lite_sleepr posted:

Rek is a major?

Jeez.

You guys are really going to flip out when I go guard and make Lt Col, and the AF literally pays me like $120/hr to go to stay in a resort on Waikiki beach and pass some gas once every couple of days. A job that is easier than, like, 95% of enlisted jobs.

Say what you want about tankers, but we get paid as gently caress for almost no effort.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I've busted rear end many times in Diego for 135 crews, worked weeks in advance to receive them, then when I hand them all their mission poo poo they look at me blank faced and turn around to talk to my commander about good fishing spots. Seems like a legit gig, gently caress it. Get paid, get travel.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Rekinom posted:

You guys are really going to flip out when I go guard and make Lt Col, and the AF literally pays me like $120/hr to go to stay in a resort on Waikiki beach and pass some gas once every couple of days. A job that is easier than, like, 95% of enlisted jobs.

Say what you want about tankers, but we get paid as gently caress for almost no effort.

The KC-130 crews I knew were all pretty cool, stands to reason I guess when you put it like that

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Rekinom posted:

No one will care because nobody cares about the guard because they just give out rank.

Also I've never unironically talked poo poo about pilots or whatever because I just don't care.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Rekinom posted:

That's actually impressive, im on the 135 and I maybe do a solid 5 hrs of work on an average a week, a hard week would be 10 hrs.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Meanwhile some C17 or C5 pilots will go a whole week with their only time off being crew rest

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Until they land somewhere nice.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I blew about $40 switching Fire's avatar when he was freaking out in the Bradley Manning thread. I'd say it was worth it in that he really couldn't afford to switch it back, but kept doing it until I outpriced him.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Did he ever become a she?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Did he ever become a she?
Sort of. He's got the Sonichu people all over his poo poo now because he's just that crazy.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

Sort of. He's got the Sonichu people all over his poo poo now because he's just that crazy.

It makes sense though. The one group on the internet that would still take him in and attack people making fun of him are the social media transexuals, who are just as hosed up as he is in some places

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Don't make me google sonichu, it sounds like severe autism. What the gently caress is it?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Don't make me google sonichu, it sounds like severe autism. What the gently caress is it?

Hyper autism. It's the absolute pinnacle of insanity

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Booblord Zagats posted:

Hyper autism. It's the absolute pinnacle of insanity

About as bad as beet-face aka Kevin Havens aka the doll fucker, or Nickolaus Pacione

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
My work to pay ratio as a contractor is a taxpayer travesty.

:smug:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Rekinom posted:

Rythe posted:

That's actually impressive, im on the 135 and I maybe do a solid 5 hrs of work on an average a week, a hard week would be 10 hrs.

I'm starting to remember why I hated the tanker community again.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

There is this horrible fat, wannabe trans, aspergers piece of poo poo named Chris-chan. Chris-Chan is an internet celebrity because of how hosed up he is. When he was younger he designed a character named Sonichu (basically Sonic and Pikachu combined) and won a contest. Later in a web video he was coerced into breaking a medallion of Sonichu and stuffing the pieces up his rear end. He is up in arms that Sonics arms have changed from blue to tan. He decided to embark on none violent protest at a Gamestop (that he already been banned from), while in the Gamestop he ended up pepper spraying an employee and getting arrested for assault. Chris-Chan is a worthless piece of poo poo and I oddly feel a bit sorry for him because he became internet famous and can't escape it and trolls constantly make his life (and his families life) a living hell.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^What the gently caress?

Helldump Immunity. posted:

My work to pay ratio as a contractor is a taxpayer travesty.

:smug:

Get in line. :mmmsmug:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 16, 2016

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Eight more months of enlisted chicken feed :smith:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tell me more about the random internet person nobody outside of GBS or Encylopedia Dramatica has ever cared about

Alternatively kill yourself for caring more about what some random dipshit does than your own life

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Godholio posted:

^What the gently caress?

Get in line. :mmmsmug:

:smug::hf::smug:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm starting to remember why I hated the tanker community again.

Don't feel bad, I did too until I became one of them, come join the slacker side and still get paid the same, its amazing.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
AFMC will always be the pro-tier for skate jobs.

AFSOC will always be the worst place to try and skate.

AMC is a crap shoot depending on airframe you fly or support.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
ACC is just lol

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah.

Truth.

Need to go back to TAC and SAC.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Like they'd ever allow a filthy name like SAC in Today's Air Force™.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not sure AMC Wing-level intel teams do anything at all outside of the occasional presidential support mission. And I'm pretty sure the White House does all the actual work on those.

I guess they tell guys flying to CENTCOM threat assessments? IDK.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

AFMC will always be the pro-tier for skate jobs.

True statement

There's apparently semi-serious talk of standing up an "ISR" MAJCOM...basically lump 25th AF, the rest of the drones, 24th AF/the other cyber cats and dogs that are out there, and potentially space under the same command (so presumably it would absorb AFSPC).

ISR MAJCOM: Because Global Strike wasn't enough of a shitshow, we decided we needed to out-do that

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Can confirm, the 24th general came by Yongsan and was preaching it like he was going to be selected to lead the command.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

iyaayas01 posted:

True statement

There's apparently semi-serious talk of standing up an "ISR" MAJCOM...basically lump 25th AF, the rest of the drones, 24th AF/the other cyber cats and dogs that are out there, and potentially space under the same command (so presumably it would absorb AFSPC).

ISR MAJCOM: Because Global Strike wasn't enough of a shitshow, we decided we needed to out-do that

At first I kind of liked this idea, then I realized there are only two loving drone wings in the regular AF. The rest are test, ANG, or AFSOC. Then you've got 9 RW at Beale and the 55th at Offutt...what else? I'm not sure I like the idea of the 55th's assets leaving ACC, or hell...even AWACS and JSTARS could make the move which is equally strange. I like the idea of an ISR NAF, but not an entire MAJCOM. This really feels like an excuse to bolster up the number of authorized general officer slots. A NAF only buys you a 3-star slot and a couple of 1 and 2 star slots. A MAJCOM gains a 4-star and several below.

Edit: This would actually make my job a little easier, I think, but I still don't like it.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Well there's more to it than that...you've got the 432d at Creech, 49th at Holloman (assuming that mission doesn't go to AETC), the future second MQ-1/MQ-9 combat Wing (which is going to happen, that train is well in motion), everything under 24th AF (three numbered wings + 2 wing equivalents), everything under 25th AF (9th, 55th, 480th (DCGS), 363rd (targeting), 70th (:downsa:), plus AFTAC and some other cats and dogs), and that's not including anything that comes over from Space.

So even without counting including AWACS and JSTARS you've got almost 15 wings/wing equivalents...that would increase if you include anything that comes over from space (potentially another 5 wings). That would be a huge NAF.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If we're calling 24AF ISR, that makes a little more sense. 432d and 49th were the two I was thinking of. Didn't know another was going to stand up.

That makes a little more sense, but I still think it's a star-grab. There's little reason to split ACC down along functional lines if we're only pulling ISR/Intel. Whether you pull space assets is another big question mark.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
One of the few good things about Creech is that since it isn't a "real" AFB you don't get to witness the daily circus that is a "real" AFB, complete with dependents and retirees and everything. Being TDY to a "real" base for a week and being stuck in lodging without a rental has allowed me to re-experience that...:stare:

And since I make a point of avoiding the commissary, I'd forgotten that whole experience....:stare: :stare:

It's like someone said, "Y'know, I have a great idea for a grocery store...we'll make it dimly lit, have random funky smells waft through the store (especially when you first walk in), ensure half the food is rotten, employ people for whom english is a third language, and then have the only people we allow to shop there be the elderly, obese women with 20 kids, and middle aged asian ladies. Oh, and we'll throw in a couple 'special needs' children just for fun."

Actually on second though I'm pretty sure those "special needs" children were really just intel nerds on their weekly Code Red and Cheetos run on their one day out of the DCGS.

And what is up with air force gyms only having one squat rack in the entire joint? Creech is that way, but I figured that was just "lol Creech, you're lucky we even give you a gym" (that is in a prefab building and less well equipped than most deployed gyms)...but no, the main Langley gym has literally one squat rack along with one Smith machine (lol). Treadmills as far as the eye can see, but just one squat rack. It'd be one thing if no one was using it, but there was a very clear line for the one rack.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Elmendorf's base gym owned, and so did the crossfit hangar.

Medina Annex and Lackland had crummy gyms though. Tinker's was OK. Ramstein had a good one.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Gross.

I got pegged for gate augmentee duty and I'm kinda miffed about it. Not that I have to do it, but that I have to salute officers in their cars. That's not a custom or courtesy outlined in any AFI, but it's a dummy retarded security forces-ism. I think that's what makes it so much more annoying.

On gyms, the chair farce doesn't care about total fitness or functional strength, just how well you can run. Hence the abundanceof treadmills because nobody likes running outside.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

Elmendorf's base gym owned, and so did the crossfit hangar.

Medina Annex and Lackland had crummy gyms though. Tinker's was OK. Ramstein had a good one.

Tinker's was ok for 3 weeks every November after the "end of FY" splurge on equipment repairs. Then it was just a coin toss as to whether they'd run out of cardio equipment before Oct 1.

• Locked thread