Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hobojim posted:

Basic Necalli combo: s.MK or s.MP, cr.MP xx light slashes. Use medium slashes if you're in V-Trigger.

For punishes, use cr.HP xx medium stomps, cr.MP xx light slashes, again use medium slashes if in V-Trigger.

Those are his two basics. For fast punishes, you can do s.LP, s.LP xx heavy DP, which starts in 3 frames. For lows, do cr.LK, cr.LP xx heavy DP, this starts in four frames.

Off of a divekick, you can jab into heavy DP.

You can combo super off of any stomps, so for his BnB you can do s.MK, cr.MP xx light stomps xx super, or do super off of the medium stomps from his punish combo above.

Good enough, or do you need other stuff too?

oh im gonna need a poo poo ton lol but I'll try to start with this.

How about hsi command throw? I have trouble landing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Commissar Ken posted:

Alright gimmie all those sick 1 frame links I need to be hitting and 14 hit target combos for Gief.

Crouch jabs into more crouching jabs. Maybe switch them up with crouching shorts.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Should I be negative edging the MK SBK at the end of Chun's bnb? I can get lightning legs 100 percent but the SBK like 10 percent of the time :sigh:

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

oh im gonna need a poo poo ton lol but I'll try to start with this.

How about hsi command throw? I have trouble landing it.

I mean you can't combo into his command grab, but you can tick into it off of a meaty s.LK on wakeup or just a straight jab tick into it.

Alright, effort post incoming:

Meterless combos:

No V-Trigger
s.MK or s.MP, c.MP xx light slashes (186 damage, 310 stun, 5 frame startup for s.MK, 6 for s.MP)
-You can tick into this with a meaty s.LK on their wakeup, use this combo often because s.MK, s.MP and cr.MP are all +2 on block so you can frame trap off of any of them, but it's hard to confirm afterwards because you can't really hit a third medium due to range. Also worth noting is that c.MP combos into itself on counterhit, so it's a decent button to catch mashing jab on wakeup if you time it meaty. Jump in MK is a great starter if you can jump.

c.LK, c.LP xx HP DP (62 damage, 157 stun, hits low, 4 frame startup)
-Good low starter, need to be really close or the DP will whiff. Can be harder to hit confirm because it's two lights, but with practice it's not too bad. You can also just c.MK xx light stomps from most ranges, which also goes into super from a low, but light stomps are not safe on block at -4 (don't tell anybody though, nobody knows this yet).

s.LP, s.LP xx HP DP (81 damage, 157 stun, 3 frames)
-Quick punish if you know you need something fast. If you don't need to be THAT fast, cr.MP xx light slashes is also a good punish as it has really good range, unlike the jab, but that's 5 frames of startup instead of 3.

j.df HK, s.LP xx HP DP (194 damage, 283 stun)
-Divekick has to be pretty deep or you won't combo and will eat a huge punish if you do the dp, but it's a really solid amount of damage off of the divekick.

c.HP xx qcf+MK, c.MP xx light slashes (254 damage, 425 stun, 9 frames)
-Really good punish for some things like poorly spaced spiral arrow from Cammy. Not so good on counter hit because a counter c.HP launches them into the air and the stomps give you a knockdown, but you can't do the rest of the combo. Still good though. Neutral jump HP into this is pretty great for command grab reads and the like, does a ton of stun.

CC s.HK can lead into the c.HP combo or straight into super, or his s.MK combo if you're close enough. C.MK xx light stomps is better range afterwards for worse damage, or you can just do another s.HK. If you get the timing down, you can also do medium slashes afterwards.

Mid-Trigger:
s.MK, c.MP xx HPHK xx c.MP xx light slashes (241 damage, 350 stun)
-Easy confirm into trigger, but honestly I don't use it often. Better uses for trigger IMO, like off of a s.HK to continue a combo, or off of sweep to make it safer.

c.HP xx HPHK xx c.HP xx qcf+HK, HP DP (302 damage, 476 stun)

Super Saiyan mode
s.MK, c.MP xx medium slashes (227 damage, 310 stun)
-Note that it's medium slashes here for better damage and stun in V-Trigger. Otherwise, same stuff as above. c.MP combos into itself in V-Trigger, so you can do c.MP, c.MP xx medium slashes as well, which is notable because of how much range it has whilst triggered.

c.HP xx qcf+MK, c.MP xx medium slashes (318 damage, 425 stun)

For 1 bar:
Using ex slashes instead of light slashes as a combo ender works really well, as it tacks on about sixty extra damage and forty or so stun, which doesn't sound like a lot but it does certainly help. It also carries really far across the screen towards a corner, where you can really start applying meaty stomp pressure and whatnot. I won't bother listing all of the combos because they're mostly the same as above but with ex slashes, ex stomps or ex dp at the end, but the ones to note are below.

c.LK, c.LP xx qcf+KK (134 damage, 293 stun)
s.LP, s.LP xx qcf+KK (153 damage, 293 stun)
-I'm listing these because the additional damage and stun is really good, and ex stomps leaves you +2 frames on hit, allowing you to follow up with s.MK or throw (or command grab if you really catch them sleeping, but don't rely on this because command grab has 8 frames of startup across the board leaving them 6 frames to mash out of)

Critical Art:
Again, I won't re-list all of the combos above, but anytime you would cancel into light slashes, cancel into light stomp and cancel THAT into critical art. Unless you're at peak range with s.MP, c.MP, it should combo and you'll get a super cancel, otherwise you whiff a light stomp and hopefully they're too scared to do anything (usually the case online). You can also directly cancel c.LP or s.LP into super, but it's difficult (although useful to be able to do, especially off of the divekick) so practice that poo poo in training.

The notable exception is his punish combo from above. Don't do that but use stomps into super instead, because it whiffs more often than not. Instead:
c.HP xx qcf+MK, c.MP xx CA (424 damage, 320 stun) is a guaranteed hit. Do this. It's good. Don't be dumb and accidentally do medium stomps into critical art after c.MP like I do all of the time, because even if you're in range it doesn't combo and you just let them block everything.

If you're in V-Trigger, you can combo c.MP xx qcf+MK xx CA at the appropriate times in the above combos for great damage.
c.HP xx qcf+MK, c.MP xx qcf+MK xx CA works in V-Trigger and does 518 damage and 390 stun, which is really good.
If you have trigger stocked but not active yet, do this:
s.MK, c.MP xx HKHP xx c.MP xx qcf+MK xx CA (407 damage, 320 stun)

Feel free to figure out which normals you like to cancel into V-Trigger, though. There's some wiggle room.

Other notable combo choices are c.HP xx heavy stomps into either CA, HP DP at specific ranges or EX DP at almost any range, but I don't like the inconsistency and am too lazy to practice that. Crush counter combos have a lot of freedom if you're close when you hit the s.HK, too, so figure out what you like to do. I like to save V-Trigger until I throw one of these out, and if you crush counter a s.HK, do another s.HK, activate V-Trigger, c.HP xx heavy slashes is a really good combo both for screen position and damage, but doesn't work from max range s.HK.

I'm sure I'm omitting a ton, but that should help. Still lots for you to know about setups and whatnot, but this post is way too long already. Good luck my New Zealand Anime Character Brother.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Rollback is still a real problem right now. A lot of lobby matches I play will have entire rounds where the other guy is just teleporting back and forth like in PC SFxT. UK to France or Sweden should be pretty well offline, not like this.

https://a.pomf.cat/tlndmu.webm
i live in socal and i can't open a lobby without immediately getting a 5 bar opponent with a good connection

sry

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

So people on Reddit are saying that people who have been cursed with battle lobbies have fixed it by making a new account:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/4a9etd/solution_for_all_players_who_cant_connect_create/
Try at your own risk

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

cams posted:

i live in socal and i can't open a lobby without immediately getting a 5 bar opponent with a good connection

sry

I don't have a problem so nobody is having it!

Thanks for your worthless dismissive post.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hobojim posted:

I mean you can't combo into his command grab, but you can tick into it off of a meaty s.LK on wakeup or just a straight jab tick into it.

Alright, effort post incoming:

Thanks a ton HoboJim if you're around this weekend maybe we can do some online practice.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

So people on Reddit are saying that people who have been cursed with battle lobbies have fixed it by making a new account:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/4a9etd/solution_for_all_players_who_cant_connect_create/
Try at your own risk

Waiting for a patch sounds like a way more competent decision.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

cams posted:

sry

wow, in the middle of nowhere and still getting a good connection? drat...

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

Thanks a ton HoboJim if you're around this weekend maybe we can do some online practice.

Sure thing. If you're on steam, I'm Hobojim on there as well, and it's also my CFN ID.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Thanks for that effortpost, Hobojim. :)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/crissaegrims/status/709199233925160960

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Real hurthling! posted:

i feel like a lot of the characters have abusable :getin: moves that work on scrubs and then you have to learn footsies to improve. cammy has some solid normals vs most of the cast and great speed so instead of giving up your work already on using here, you could work to fix your play so that you aren't using specials to get in so much and more to get damage once you are on offense and add mix ups. of course you should learn all the characters and if you're happy with where you are leaving cammy that's fine but don't write off going back once you have your footsie game down.

also i suck so what do i know

No doubt, I enjoy playing aggressive characters but I agreed with my friend that I was hitting a wall on improving. Changing characters to Nash did seem to speed up learning how to play footsies though.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Corbeau posted:

Further refinements. :getin:

I hate everything about this.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

That guys really socal

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sH1xfaHro&t=220s

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
please don't post DSP videos without a warning

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Former Pro Super Turbo Player: SF5 is too hard

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
Goddamn how do they calculate lp? I was ultra broze and lost to a silver, two in a row, and lost 65lp a time. I am so salty right now.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Former Pro Super Turbo Player: SF5 is too hard
I still struggle to reconcile Online YouTube Personality DarkSydePhil with Guy Who Beat Seth Killian And Took A Round From Tokido In Super Turbo DarkSydePhil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-uL_f-HxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-EBN1tQW1s

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
At least everything I hear about DSP from OG players still paint him as a cowardly, two-faced sycophant and the guy was generally unliked even well before he became "famous"

My personal favorite is where DSP put a bounty on Pyrolee during a tournament, and after Pyrolee took the entire thing, DSP did a total about-face and began kissing his rear end like crazy

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gLDuYs8vWw

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Booyah- posted:

wow, in the middle of nowhere and still getting a good connection? drat...

I live in New Orleans and I'm getting good connections to Canada, the Dominican Republic, and Mexico. :shrug:

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Cat Machine posted:

I still struggle to reconcile Online YouTube Personality DarkSydePhil with Guy Who Beat Seth Killian And Took A Round From Tokido In Super Turbo DarkSydePhil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-uL_f-HxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-EBN1tQW1s

you would be surprised how mediocre old ST play can be from a lot of these guys, honestly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Commissar Ken posted:

Alright gimmie all those sick 1 frame links I need to be hitting and 14 hit target combos for Gief.

Every combo in this game is M normal into special

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

In Training posted:

Every combo in this game is M normal into special

nuh uh. Plenty are jab into special.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
hey

i hit platinum

i declare myself goon emperor of sfv (unless another goon also hit platinum in which case i'm sorry for trying to muscle in on your turf)

The Timely Howard fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 15, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

The Timely Howard posted:

hey

i hit platinum

i declare myself goon emperor of sfv (unless another goon also hit platinum in which case i'm sorry for trying to muscle in on your turf)

im platinum too

STAR PLATINUM

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

inthesto posted:

At least everything I hear about DSP from OG players still paint him as a cowardly, two-faced sycophant and the guy was generally unliked even well before he became "famous"

My personal favorite is where DSP put a bounty on Pyrolee during a tournament, and after Pyrolee took the entire thing, DSP did a total about-face and began kissing his rear end like crazy

He's from ct and used to travel up here to play in mass during the early sf4 days when he was still playing, that's all true. I never got to meet him cause he stopped coming around just before I came in though

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

hey

i hit platinum

That's awesome, congrats!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nodoze posted:

He's from ct and used to travel up here to play in mass during the early sf4 days when he was still playing, that's all true. I never got to meet him cause he stopped coming around just before I came in though

dsp is an act

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

hey

i hit platinum

I also hit

Uh when the gently caress do I get out of rookie :mad:

I'll see u at the top!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I gave up on Ranked a week ago mainly because it felt like a really inefficient means of practice when I've only got an hour or two per day to play. Battle Lounges are where it's at.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

hey

i hit platinum

I got there like last week

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cat Machine posted:

I gave up on Ranked a week ago mainly because it felt like a really inefficient means of practice when I've only got an hour or two per day to play. Battle Lounges are where it's at.
god bless you. i'm really looking forward to them adding a 2 out of 3 option to ranked, but what i really want is a rematch option in casual matches. just straight up ask after every casual match if they want to play each other again. make the subsequent matches not count for xp for fighy money if you have to.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

gently caress you, got mine! :3:

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

So for my fellow Necalli players, here's an interesting setup.

It requires V-Trigger and for you to have them in the corner, so it's a bit situational, but it seems pretty good. Basically you do a meaty medium stomp on them after a BnB if they're close enough to the corner, and you can time it so it counterhits 3f normals, letting you combo into c.HP xx heavy stomps and go from there. You can light stomp them out of the air from the heavy stomp to put yourself back in a similar situation to where you started, but this time the meaty stomp will trade with 3f normals, allowing you to hit them with a cr.HP anyway and continue the setup.

This works on backroll or quickrise and can be modified on reaction to no quickrise at all. You can get insane damage off of it if they press buttons on wakeup. It works without V-Trigger too, but only if they don't backroll; it still beats quickrise and no quickrise.

On block, the meaty stomp leaves you at +3, allowing safe pressure. Obviously all of this loses to invincible reversals (supers, dps, etc.)

In terms of other setups, after a BnB midscreen with or without V-Trigger, you can dash forwards and do c.HP that hits meaty, allowing a full combo. If they backroll it'll whiff though. If you see a backroll, you can throw out a s.HK which will whiff if they block and crush counter if they hit any button that isn't invincible, but you're pretty far away so you can't capitalize too much. Another roundhouse into V-Trigger activation or just medium slashes work well enough.

Learning the timing for meaty s.LK is also quite good, because it has 4 active frames and leaves you at +2 on block without any meaty setups anyway, so it can leave you with a ton of frame advantage if you get the timing right. This is a really good setup for his command grab or just to go into his s.MK basic combo.

If any other better Necalli players have any good setups, I'd love to hear them!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like I eventually need to learn how to do this and it's going to be hard as butt:
https://twitter.com/hameko/status/709192521620951040

265 damage off an instant overhead for one bar. Only off a counter hit, but it seems like it would hit throw techs and maybe crouching jabs?

Also Hameko (sort of) explains the plinking thing I was seeing in sako's inputs earlier:
https://twitter.com/hameko/status/709245278541324288

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I feel like I eventually need to learn how to do this and it's going to be hard as butt:
https://twitter.com/hameko/status/709192521620951040

265 damage off an instant overhead for one bar. Only off a counter hit, but it seems like it would hit throw techs and maybe crouching jabs?

Also Hameko (sort of) explains the plinking thing I was seeing in sako's inputs earlier:
https://twitter.com/hameko/status/709245278541324288

i assume this only works on crouch counterhit so it probably wont do anything about throw tech but it looks like a great way to blow up idiots (the #1 reason to learn any combo or setup)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Welp:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197311

Input lag comparison of various fighters, shows a 3 and a half frame difference in PC with V-Sync on vs Off. I wonder how PS4 compares, is V-Sync always on in that version? Thats pretty gross