Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Maria's battle song genre is R&B and a bit of rock in the middle of the song.

Leiur's dance is break dance.

Micha's dance is arco dance(?).

the wiki don't even know wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I don't really like making bold statements of fact or talking from my rear end so I tend to avoid effort posting unless it's something I'm super knowledgeable about.

Also most of you have been thinking and discussing these things at a deeper level far longer than me so I'd rather ask questions and learn.

You should make bold statements anyway because it's good to be dumb and wrong about things in a place where people can correct your dumb and wrongness.
Getting repeatedly 0wned is a good way to process and discuss things on a deeper level.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I know Fire Emblem isn't known for its deep story, but I already like the pacing in three chapters of Revelations more than the ten chapters I've played of Conquest.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
My vote for Maria in no way invalidates my feelings of Tsubasa being awesome. Her extreme straightness (so to speak) is adorable.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I LOVE POSTING EFFORT.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EFFORT.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

there's a dubstep gear

That's not what I said

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

someone please post my beef stronaganoff webm

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh wait, poo poo, you mean effort posting not literally posting the word effort.

That's pretty good too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

That's not what I said

im syaing my own thing

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I was like 5 chapters behind on Helck and I agree with Sharkey because that hasd spoiled effectively nothing for me and made me more excited to read it when I did, but it was weird seeing an ask for common courtesy and then see people directly attacking someone instead of saying why they don't like anything that has anything to do with possible spoilers making them really mad and I don't really know what to say

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIa7U16mUF8

would be a good theme for something

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I was like 5 chapters behind on Helck and I agree with Sharkey because that hasd spoiled effectively nothing for me and made me more excited to read it when I did, but it was weird seeing an ask for common courtesy and then see people directly attacking someone instead of saying why they don't like anything that has anything to do with possible spoilers making them really mad and I don't really know what to say

that invictus dude just really hates my guts and always had, but i dont remember why so its funny to me

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Like I got actual spoiled on erased and instead of getting really upset about it I was able to look for the stuff that pointed it out even more and it was actually interesting in a different way

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the song is exactly 4:20

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

that invictus dude just really hates my guts and always had, but i dont remember why so its funny to me

I'm not really surprised to see stuff like that it's just spoiler culture is literally that and I really have never known what to say in response to it because it's like talking to a wall of mad

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I believe that you have completely spoiled and ruined this thing for me how about you go shove your head down a well you loving maladjusted piece of garbage - a normal person apparently

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HOOD LOOK LIKE VIETNAM.

SQUAD LOOK LIKE VIETCONG.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I get the feeling some of the spoiler outrage in there is getting mad for the sake of other theoretical angry people

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

I get the feeling some of the spoiler outrage in there is getting mad for the sake of other theoretical angry people

people are mad because it breaks common courtesy, not because it was an actual spoiler

which begs the question, whats the point of common courtesy if its in service of nothing

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

What's worse than spoiler culture is insincere spoiler rage

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

What's worse than spoiler culture is insincere spoiler rage

fake spoiler tags should be bannable

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

does anyone else actively look up spoilers to see if stuff gets dumb later on so you can temper your expectations accordingly or am i the only one

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I did not think of it that way and now it makes a lot more sense why people are just yelling at him instead of giving reasons why it has ruined it for them

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

people are mad because it breaks common courtesy, not because it was an actual spoiler

which begs the question, whats the point of common courtesy if its in service of nothing

Yeah p much

I feel like it's a case where yelling that it was a spoiler was the bigger spoiler

Much like some if my fave anime OPs

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

also any story that isn't as good or maybe even better the second time you read it is a poo poo story anyway

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

does anyone else actively look up spoilers to see if stuff gets dumb later on so you can temper your expectations accordingly or am i the only one

ya

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sharkopath posted:

fake spoiler tags should be bannable

They were at one point, or at least probatable

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Sometimes things sound dumb but are fine in context

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

I prefer to trust that the creator of the work knows what he's doing.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

sometimes i just can't wait and end up googling how a story ends

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

a cartoon duck posted:

also any story that isn't as good or maybe even better the second time you read it is a poo poo story anyway

Completely agree. It's still nice to get the surprise reveals the first time through but knowing what happens shouldn't ruin it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Droyer posted:

sometimes i just can't wait and end up googling how a story ends

me 2

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Jostiband posted:

You should make bold statements anyway because it's good to be dumb and wrong about things in a place where people can correct your dumb and wrongness.
Getting repeatedly 0wned is a good way to process and discuss things on a deeper level.

Yeah I've often said the same thing, it's good to get owned as long as people learn from it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i decided to make a webm for a song i nbetter show

https://a.pomf.cat/ennqid.webm

look at the custom typesetting

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

It usually works out great, so it's the policy I'm sticking with.

usagi drop.... :smithicide:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

there are a lot of times where I feel like a game or something will be really plodding and so I look up what happens and if it is interesting enough to make me want to keep playing to see how it happens then mission accomplished

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i don't spoil myself because i will always remember that spoiler forever and it will constantly be on the back of my mind while reading/watching whatever

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

supposed kof roster leak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they brought raul back but not vanessa or seth, so they broke up my favorite team again

• Locked thread