Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Kim's wife and the blue beard dude look awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are lucky and heavy d on there?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Brosnan posted:

Where the gently caress is Yamazaki?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'll never forgive EA for doing this to Gina Carano in the new UFC game.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

WTF is going on with Garcia's face?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ChocNitty posted:

This honest to god looks like a male and female ex-coworker respectively.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I'm unreasonably hyped for my ideal Mexico team.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
no yamazaki no blue mary

no buy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
GEESE

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

General Morden posted:

no yamazaki no blue mary

no buy

As much as I like those characters, it's for the best for me at least that they aren't there. I always force myself to use them even though I am so bad with them, because I like them a lot. Now I'll probably be using Robert (who I always use anyway), King and Geese.

Zebia fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 15, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Orochi...... Yashiro........

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Is... is that a non-poo poo design for Athena? It's like Christmas came earlier!

IAD
Jan 28, 2011

Captain Marvelous!
That South American team looks lethal, speaking of KOF playing 98 on Fightcade is kinda frustrating.

That drat Athena psycho ball loop

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Direct Invite team looks sick... can't wait to play teen girl with electric element...

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Bring back more Mark of the Wolves characters. Put all of them in. It'll be cool.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

Team Mexico: where nobody looks even remotely Mexican.

(I'm aware of how stereotypical that sounds but when the two characters who aren't wearing masks look like they're from loving Germany it's more than a little weird.

Saoshyant posted:

Is... is that a non-poo poo design for Athena? It's like Christmas came earlier!

It's still kinda dumb but based how they were taking her visual design I was fully expecting this because #justjapanthings:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

ChocNitty posted:

These are the end times.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

BlueKingBar posted:

Team Mexico: where nobody looks even remotely Mexican.

(I'm aware of how stereotypical that sounds but when the two characters who aren't wearing masks look like they're from loving Germany it's more than a little weird.

Nah if you watch Mexican TV it's basically a bunch of white people. Here, have a telenovela DVD cover:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm guessing the new Women Fighters character's portrait is a placeholder, because it looks like it's a CGI render instead of a drawing.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

it is posted:

Nah if you watch Mexican TV it's basically a bunch of white people. Here, have a telenovela DVD cover:

Maybe, but the two characters are pasty white, and one of them is a blonde with a light brown goatee and the other literally has white hair. Even the woman in the top left isn't as white as them. Like, I'd believe that anybody on that cover could have at least some sort of hispanic heritage except for her.

E: Well okay, top middle looks white as gently caress with a bad fake tan, but my point still stands. Like hell, even white people from the southern US are probably gonna be kinda tan if they spend a lot of time outside, you know, street fighting.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

it is posted:

Usually it's more Italian with a Tan than straight up Nordic though.

gently caress if it explains how Team :mexico: got the Mexican Knockoff Revengeance ninja / a Raptor though.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

BlueKingBar posted:

Maybe, but the two characters are pasty white, and one of them is a blonde with a light brown goatee and the other literally has white hair. Even the woman in the top left isn't as white as them. Like, I'd believe that anybody on that cover could have at least some sort of hispanic heritage except for her.

E: Well okay, top middle looks white as gently caress with a bad fake tan, but my point still stands. Like hell, even white people from the southern US are probably gonna be kinda tan if they spend a lot of time outside, you know, street fighting.

this game is made by autistic japaneses

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Yeah I should've thought about that.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
youre weird

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Yeah I'm totally the weirdo for unironically creating character designs with a child's face and a woman's body.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I don't think that's that weird, if I were in charge of putting a whole bunch of Asian characters in a fighting game I'd probably get it wrong.

"lol this korean guy is obviously chinese"

ok then

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
There are Mexicans who really do happen to have fair skin rather than not, so I don't see what the issue is. Some of my cousins are pale as poo poo. Though since this is anecdotal, feel free to ignore it, I guess, just know that it's not really that weird.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
What the gently caress are you all on about

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

I'm guessing the new Women Fighters character's portrait is a placeholder, because it looks like it's a CGI render instead of a drawing.

or its because it's fake

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

interrodactyl posted:

What the gently caress are you all on about

Angel's hot

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

dragon enthusiast posted:

or its because it's fake

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Ahaha this can't be real. There's no way.

Upon closer inspection it appears to be a CAF. Thank gently caress because Less Angry Rosie O'Donnell is basically my waifu.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

welcome back!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Baal posted:

Angel's hot

:yeah:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BlueKingBar posted:

As someone actually living in Mexico City, there are a TON of really white people around here so yeah, Ramon and Angel's looks are plausible.

If anything, Tizoc's frame is the unrealistic bit of his design because mexican luchadores tend to be in the smaller size and they're rarely as swole as american wrestlers.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What's the consensus of which game is better?

Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's the consensus of which game is better?

Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?

marvel 2

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

That's right, the third chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Marvel 1