Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hey guys I'm new here what's new

Football, and life by extension, is suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Chichevache posted:

You must be a Seahawks fan!

That's not a witty comment, that's an order.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I also appreciate the delicate balance of crude and prude that it takes to depict a man shoving his head up his own rear end but then only say butt in the text itself

a couple pages old, but I enjoy that he somehow still has his pants on

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Is that his head bulging out of his own torso :magical:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The worst thing about the Bryant suspension is all the right wing yinzers going "You think you are depressed now, wait till you aren't making millions of dollars for catching a ball you jagoff" Like they actually think that making mountains of money means you can't/shouldn't be depressed.

Also saying how Art Senior is rolling in his grave because it isn't like he defended a player who shot an Ohio Police copter and was flushing narcotics down a toilet as the police came in for him.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Spoeank posted:

'grats on your new QB, Houston

I hope the obscured tattoo in his other arm is Carpe diem

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

achillesforever6 posted:

The worst thing about the Bryant suspension is all the right wing yinzers going "You think you are depressed now, wait till you aren't making millions of dollars for catching a ball you jagoff" Like they actually think that making mountains of money means you can't/shouldn't be depressed.

Also saying how Art Senior is rolling in his grave because it isn't like he defended a player who shot an Ohio Police copter and was flushing narcotics down a toilet as the police came in for him.

You can find people from all walks of life that have zero idea what depression actually is and still think you can just Cheer Up and Get Over It and it's hosed up

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mystic Stylez posted:

I hope the obscured tattoo in his other arm is Carpe diem
The other arm says "Leave Your Legacy". lol

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

nerve posted:

You can find people from all walks of life that have zero idea what depression actually is and still think you can just Cheer Up and Get Over It and it's hosed up

Gendo once said, and I have remembered it since when it comes to depression, that the lives we lead would be a dream to someone in rural China or India, but that doesn't make our stresses and anxieties any less real.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

achillesforever6 posted:

Man, it must be cool to always be the guy that reports things like this to TFF about Steelers' fans. Personally, I've seen mostly compassionate posts about getting help for his depression interspersed with some of the usual trolly poo poo, and lots of complaining about the NFL's Draconian weed policy, but nothing like what you decribe.

Good on you for bringing the hard-hitting Steelers facts

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Eifert Posting posted:

Oh unknown god, let Brady get 4 games AND Goodell get ousted. I will convert on the spot.

I've written a deity for every day of the week (Thursday is wild), thy will be done on your day.

In his resignation press conference Goodell announces a lifetime ban for Brady before stepping down himself.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

'grats on your new QB, Houston

Counterpoint: gently caress life.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chilichimp posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress life.

gently caress it's life.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

Can't wait to see where this goes

One thing you can't say about the offseason: "it's boring"

Immediate response is the group trying to stop the NFL concussion settlement for being too pro-NFL filed this letter this morning:

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Ozu posted:

See, I'd rather it be "Unleash The Dragon". On his throwing arm.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Man, it must be cool to always be the guy that reports things like this to TFF about Steelers' fans. Personally, I've seen mostly compassionate posts about getting help for his depression interspersed with some of the usual trolly poo poo, and lots of complaining about the NFL's Draconian weed policy, but nothing like what you decribe.

Good on you for bringing the hard-hitting Steelers facts

drat dude you've been full of angst for a while now. You doing okay?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Are you old? You misinterpret a lot

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
i'mm piss

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Are you old? You misinterpret a lot

How is that post anything but a sarcastic stab at another poster? You've been fighting with other posters on an almost consistent basis and even responded to me with a dickhead jab. Be happy, friend :-)

Maybe you can call Bryant and ask him for some assistance in relaxing

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

How is that post anything but a sarcastic stab at another poster? You've been fighting with other posters on an almost consistent basis and even responded to me with a dickhead jab. Be happy, friend :-)

Maybe you can call Bryant and ask him for some assistance in relaxing

*calls a guy out for making poo poo up*

Dolphins guy: are you mad? U r mad

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If AAA Dolfan is telling you to cool out, you should probably listen.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

If AAA Dolfan is telling you to cool out, you should probably listen.

We're through the looking glass here people!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'm going to post every time I read a youtube comment calling andy dalton a human being

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
N: Three years ago today, FaxGate occurred and Elvis Dumervil eventually became a Raven

V: Broncos still World Champs :smug: :D

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'm going to post every time I read a youtube comment calling andy dalton a human being

Andy Dalton is a good Christian man with a nerdy wife and a good family.

If only he was a good quarterback.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Andy Dalton is a good Christian man with a nerdy wife and a good family.

If only he was a good quarterback.

Or straight.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Eltoasto posted:

Gendo once said, and I have remembered it since when it comes to depression, that the lives we lead would be a dream to someone in rural China or India, but that doesn't make our stresses and anxieties any less real.

I dunno, some of those people have life figured out.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

AAA DOLFAN posted:

drat dude you've been full of angst for a while now. You doing okay?

He's still just a rat in a cage

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ozu posted:

I think it's "Leave You're Legacy", actually.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

sam bradford lmao posted:

N: Three years ago today, FaxGate occurred and Elvis Dumervil eventually became a Raven

V: Broncos still World Champs :smug: :D

It's a tough life, being #1 :smug::respek::smug:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

Thursday is Thor's Day. Why would you forsake the Thunder God so?

He knows what he did.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol of course brees is involved with advocare

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14972197/questions-surround-advocare-nutrition-empire-endorsed-saints-qb-drew-brees

quote:

And while the company claims its primary objective is selling products, many of its distributors tell a different story. ESPN interviewed more than 30 current and former salespeople, the vast majority of whom said their focus, and the focus of their superiors, was on recruiting other distributors. These new members, many of whom are drawn to the business' strong religious culture or convinced of its credibility by its ties to the sports world, infuse the company with new funds -- money that ultimately flows up to the powerful people who walk the stage at Success School.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/IAmSpilly/status/709796980973834241
Well this isn't going to end well in 2-10 years

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Eifert Posting posted:

He knows what he did.

Ah, you took Sif's side in the divorce.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Business as usual then :v:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

http://youtu.be/CnaVoTfkqa8

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dalton is too lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tanier asks the important question: Is this Browns roster the worst of the modern era? and compares the team to the Winless Lions and Buccaneers, the '92 Patriots in the middle of ownership hell, , the worst of the 'Aints and the '82 Colts team that was so bad Elway would refuse to play for them.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...paign=editorial

quote:

Where the 2016 Browns Rank

The Browns are clearly better than the 1982 Colts and 1976 Buccaneers. With some free-agent vital signings and a draft class that breaks their way, they should also field a better team than the 1992 Patriots.

But they also clearly do deserve to be mentioned among the all-time least talented teams. They're weaker on paper than the 0-16 Lions or the Aints.

Special mention:

quote:

'76 Buccaneers
Receivers: Morris Owens, the Bucs' leading receiver, did not arrive until early in the season, when the Dolphins placed him on waivers. The top receiver leaving camp was J.K. McKay, head coach John McKay's son. Legend has it that Spurrier would overthrow McKay in the middle of the field because he thought the coach's kid was getting special treatment by starting. In fairness to McKay, the Bucs didn't exactly have Lynn Swann stashed away on the bench.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
The Browns are obviously tanking the off season before tanking in the regular season. Letting their FAs leave to collect comp picks next year and not signing anyone to any real money. This concept isn't very hard to grasp. I also expect them to trade down in the draft in more than one round.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

x-post

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/709813751013384192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

warcrimes posted:

The Browns are obviously tanking the off season before tanking in the regular season. Letting their FAs leave to collect comp picks next year and not signing anyone to any real money. This concept isn't very hard to grasp. I also expect them to trade down in the draft in more than one round.

I went to the browns sbnation for some good reveling in people's misery but they were all so positive it blew my mind

Wrong quote but whatever. I get wanting to go young but it's not like they're spending money anywhere else

• Locked thread