Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

DeathSandwich posted:

I mean, everyone's reaction to Hildy catching an Ace of Spades with his forehead in /fc is usually priceless.

The coolest the WoL has ever looked was in that slow motion dodge. That entire running gag just got better and better as it went on. I was sad to see it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

KaneTW posted:

Who cares? It's a fantasy. If it disturbs you, leave the FC.

Haha, really?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

All this reminds me of a time when I played FFXI and people would ERP in emotes next to leveling parties. A particular instance springs to mind when I was leveling Summoner pre-CoP and this catgirl spent like an hour on a clearly macro-based handjob probably twenty feet from my character. I had to filter out emotes for a while once I realized where it was going.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

All this reminds me of a time when I played FFXI and people would ERP in emotes next to leveling parties. A particular instance springs to mind when I was leveling Summoner pre-CoP and this catgirl spent like an hour on a clearly macro-based handjob probably twenty feet from my character. I had to filter out emotes for a while once I realized where it was going.

Really puts a whole new spin on the phrase 'grinding party', huh.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

KaneTW posted:

So how many sick mistells have you made in the Quicksand

Because that's the kind of thing a person who makes sick mistells in the Quicksand would say

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

The concept of a macro for ERP hand jobs amuses me greatly. Both because it begs the question of how often they do that that they need a macro, and because it is pretty much the analogue to a listless prostitute.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

KaneTW posted:

so how many people have you driven out of pbc

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My goals for this patch in no particular order

• Finish leveling Summoner
  • Get Bomb Chair
  • Finally clear Ravanna Ex
  • Run and clear Thordan Ex
  • Run Seph Ex (clearing optional)
  • Get at least one DoH/DoL class fully leveled
  • Get the Monk and Ninja Job Stones

Are there going to be any mid-patch content additions?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Hivac posted:

I think just Volt Catfish and that dumb dramaqueen that made a splinter FC.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

SirPhoebos posted:

My goals for this patch in no particular order

• Finish leveling Summoner
  • Get Bomb Chair
  • Finally clear Ravanna Ex
  • Run and clear Thordan Ex
  • Run Seph Ex (clearing optional)
  • Get at least one DoH/DoL class fully leveled
  • Get the Monk and Ninja Job Stones

Are there going to be any mid-patch content additions?

3.25 (which will probably hit in 1/2 weeks) will continue the Anima questline, but other than that, they've mentioned nothing.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hivac posted:

Not as many as Durette probably.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

SirPhoebos posted:

[*]Get at least one DoH/DoL class fully leveled
I'm biased, but the easiest one is Fisher. All of the crafters really require all the other crafters to be functional past 50 (or earlier, really) and Miner and Botanist are complete, utter hell to level. They are just horrible.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm biased, but the easiest one is Fisher. All of the crafters really require all the other crafters to be functional past 50 (or earlier, really) and Miner and Botanist are complete, utter hell to level. They are just horrible.
Eh, Miner and Botanist are 100% evaluation-leve-based, so if you don't mind the teleport-travel to location-hit four or eight nodes-repeat loop it's pretty quick.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Miner / botanist post 50 aren't as bad if you use splendors turn-ins alongside GC turn-ins. But yeah, getting them to 50 is a grind from hell.

If you can get people to help craft you leve items, crafting 1-50 isn't too bad. The best thing to do is level up the same city-based crafters at the same time (carpenter and leatherworker together, weaver and goldsmith together, armorer, blacksmith and culinarian together) so that you can do the delivery leves at the same time.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Eh, Miner and Botanist are 100% evaluation-leve-based, so if you don't mind the teleport-travel to location-hit four or eight nodes-repeat loop it's pretty quick.

Generally, the levequests give you a choice of 2 out of 4 possible leves, and only 2 of those are evaluations. The others are grindy "gather 40 of this item" leves that give no bonus experience.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just do GC turn ins. You'll get there eventually and never have to actually gather.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just did this from 30 to 50. Even with Earth and Water II going and a constant supply of blue scrip EXP boosters provided by my Fisher, it was still horrible.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

KaneTW posted:

If I trust anyone's opinion on erotic roleplay, it's totally KaneTW. :allears:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If I trust anyone's opinion on erotic roleplay, it's totally KaneTW. :allears:

I don't particularly care for ERP :shrug:

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

sexting videogame strangers?? it's like whatever to me, you know. take it or leave it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
am I shafting myself by melding a mix-and-match set of spell speed and critical rate or is that the Way To Go for BLM?

oh also big FCs tend to suck or maybe that's just my bad luck

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

*while fleshing out unforgivable sexual scenario involving a child-like race in a videogame* meh, live and let live, I say

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Saigyouji posted:

3.25 (which will probably hit in 1/2 weeks) will continue the Anima questline, but other than that, they've mentioned nothing.

I expect we'll also get our next installment of side story quests, whether it's continuing one of the existing storylines or starting a new one.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

killstealing posted:

am I shafting myself by melding a mix-and-match set of spell speed and critical rate or is that the Way To Go for BLM?

IIRC you want to pick one and stack it. I'm going with spellspeed because I feel like I could use that more, as much as I love bigger numbers.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

If you're filling a "caster" role rather than a BLM role you probably want to go Crit for the overlapping gear. Depends on your static.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

killstealing posted:

Always, always pick either crit or spellspeed and maximize it. Spellspeed is more difficult since the penalty for loving up is a larger DPS loss, crit is subject to the whims of RNG.

(Spellspeed is slightly better DPS assuming perfect play)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I haven't been running numbers this patch but is it even possible to get enough spell speed to squeeze in another Fire IV without having to renew Astral Fire? Honestly that's the only situation I can think of where more speed would help.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
not with my avg of i215, will go for crit instead.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

I haven't been running numbers this patch but is it even possible to get enough spell speed to squeeze in another Fire IV without having to renew Astral Fire? Honestly that's the only situation I can think of where more speed would help.

No, but you don't need to. Both are nonlinear factors in the damage formula.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Which Materia is best for ERPing

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gah, BLM is too complicated for me now. I'll just stick to BRD where you just stack crit, crit, and more crit.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Gah, BLM is too complicated for me now. I'll just stick to BRD where you just stack crit, crit, and more crit.

You could literally just stack crit on BLM :science:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Which Materia is best for ERPing

4x Battledance 1 with a Control 5 in 5th slot.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

nuru posted:

You could literally just stack crit on BLM :science:

What I'm doing now is stack crit unless it's capped, then SS

BLM is pretty rough because of all the movement required in stuff like sephirot extreme though, but it's not like other classes have it much easier. I imagine being a healer in that fight is way more stressful

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I only ERP by myself where I pretend I made the giant jizz puddle in DGKK house and then step-dance in it, also I take out the Ultros minion for extra squishy noises and because he's my little pervert buddy

Lalafels have bodies like candy corn and they waddle, best ERP race is Roe. Best anything race is Roe.

dromal phrenia fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 15, 2016

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Scholar materia is boring and easy: acc, acc and more acc.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Does there come a point (on monk) where I should look at my lowering Det score and be concerned, or is it still meld Crit 100% of the time unless you can't meld more Crit?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

killstealing posted:

What I'm doing now is stack crit unless it's capped, then SS

BLM is pretty rough because of all the movement required in stuff like sephirot extreme though, but it's not like other classes have it much easier. I imagine being a healer in that fight is way more stressful

The healing is pretty predictable, there's almost no random meaningful damage to worry about, so it's not as bad as it seems. Doing well on BLM requires knowing the fight well. There are periods in Seph where you can position yourself for minimal movement, but you're still going to have to potentially deal with Earthshakers and Yesod.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kwyndig posted:

Can't get there, but I'm still stacking SS. It turns things that used to be nailbiter "will Enochian/AF drop?" into safe casts and things that used to be impossible into nailbiters. Also lets me move slightly more and boy do my healers ever thank me for that.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

nuru posted:

The healing is pretty predictable, there's almost no random meaningful damage to worry about, so it's not as bad as it seems. Doing well on BLM requires knowing the fight well. There are periods in Seph where you can position yourself for minimal movement, but you're still going to have to potentially deal with Earthshakers and Yesod.

Yeah at first I had to focus on movement and simply not dying, so I couldn't even get above 1k dps. A few days in I managed about 1100 over the course of the whole fight at i210 - still lower than it should be but not embarrassingly low. I've just gotten midas hat, gloves, and ring, all melded with crit IV, so I should do a little more still. For me the main dps increase was knowing when you can't move, stutter stepping, and moving with aetherial manipulation (it's amazing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

dromal phrenia posted:

I only ERP by myself where I pretend I made the giant jizz puddle in DGKK house and then step-dance in it, also I take out the Ultros minion for extra squishy noises and because he's my little pervert buddy

Lalafels have bodies like candy corn and they waddle, best ERP race is Roe. Best anything race is Roe.

This statement checks out.

• Locked thread