Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

What sort of nameless enemies can be fought in droves from the Fate universe?

Skeletons, weird zombie things, minor vampires, those have a precedent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Shirous.

Lots and lots of Shirous.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
And with the Fake Assassin from the anime serving as a precedent they could have some larger, non-scrub enemies for captains and such, killing skeletons over and over would quickly grow tiresome, but maybe they could import some foes from the overall Nasu-verse.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

Who do I need to tweet at to get a localization announcement for Exist Archive.
What is this game already cause that's like the umpteenth time someone has asked for it with zero explanation

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CrashCat posted:

What is this game already cause that's like the umpteenth time someone has asked for it with zero explanation

It's a Valkyrie Profile knockoff worked on by some of the original VP team.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom posted:

It's a Valkyrie Profile knockoff worked on by some of the original VP team.
Oh, in that case we'll definitely never see it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CrashCat posted:

I make that post about once a week so it was probably me over and over again you saw posting

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want a fate game to play but this one will be the first in the vita/ps4 gen right. bless hong kong for their likely subtitles even if its not localized

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

I make that post about once a week so it was probably me over and over again you saw posting

I have a poo poo memory so I wasn't going to throw around any accusations :ohdear:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I caved and just bought the dang thing in Japanese so you won't have to hear me cawing about it anymore

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I caved and just bought the dang thing in Japanese so you won't have to hear me cawing about it anymore

Thank you for your sacrifice when a localisation gets announced tomorrow

I hope

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, that's how this works so I expect Aksys to announce it tomorrow! Or realistically NISA when they reach E3 season and some of their projects are out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would gladly fall on my sword for the greater good

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Megalixir posted:

You could ask the producer? His twitter is tuyatuya3110.

On second thought the game sold 29k units on Vita. Don't bother. If a game doesn't sell domestically, it won't sell internationally, unless it has some gimmicky appeal like Idea Factory.

Isn't it usually the other way around and poor local sales drive companies to recoup through cheap localizations?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HGH posted:

Isn't it usually the other way around and poor local sales drive companies to recoup through cheap localizations?

Could go either way, depends how desperate they are to recoup losses I guess.

That post didn't bother to mention how many the PS4 version sold but it's probably not more and maybe less.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Takoluka posted:

What sort of nameless enemies can be fought in droves from the Fate universe?
fate/extra already had the mannequins in large numbers

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That works.

Here's hoping it's like every other Musou clone: not as fun as a Musou game, not by a long shot, but enjoyable for fans of the source material.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I like the Pokéball.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

i really liked the writing in fate/extra

shame about the combat but at least it was snappy?

I like the combat

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Square Enix explains why Setsuna is not coming to the Vita in the west.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/15/11238124/i-am-setsuna-vita-western-release

quote:

"I think the focus was leaning more toward that sense of immersion, being able to jump into the world on a larger screen," Hashimoto told Polygon via translator. "That's one of the bigger elements that sort of drove that decision for the no Vita plan.

"Of course, there is the technical market aspect as well. Unfortunately the Vita market isn't as large as the console and the PC-based [market] ... that's the sort of direction the team decided that they wanted to take for the U.S. release, was to rely on the players that are on the Steam platform as well."

When asked if the company still sees the Vita as a viable platform, Hashimoto laughed.

"We definitely see the Vita fans, and we acknowledge that there are very passionate fans out there, and we think it's great," he said. "We do feel it's a viable sort of platform. Of course, it's just a matter of scale. We don't mean to give you the impression that we feel that the Vita market is weak or anything; by no means do we want to make it seem like it's any sort of inferior platform. It is a platform where there are very passionate fans that love the games that are on that platform."

He added that the console is perhaps more popular in Japan because of a large commuter culture.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"We feel it is viable just, you know, not for this game. It'll totally be viable for uh... look over there! Smoke bomb!"

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I'll buy it when it's on sale on steam eventually, it looks alright but not full price good to me.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Translation: We're too lazy to fix our lovely rear end Unity game so you're not getting it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

quote:

When asked if the company still sees the Vita as a viable platform, Hashimoto laughed.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

My second attempt at getting a Vita should arrive Thursday. Here's hoping it turns out better than last time! I'm sure it will; the seller provided photos all around the device that all looked good.

So what's the Vita-est Vita game that I can possibly get at this point?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MisterAlex posted:

do you mean "best" or "most typical"

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

Criminal Girls

Real answer: Persona 4 Golden

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It is illegal to own a Vita and not Persona 4 Golden as well.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
"We don't mean to give you the impression that we feel that the Vita market is weak or anything; by no means do we want to make it seem like it's any sort of inferior platform. I would never for example say that the Vita is a dead console that its manufacturer barely supports. If I were to compare foods and video game consoles and perhaps I were to compare the PS4 to a good quality steak at a decent price, I would never by any means compare the Vita to Arby's. Never."

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mods can we make this the thread title.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

And if you enjoy P4G, you'll probably also enjoy Trails of Cold Steel, which is basically Falcom angrily vowing to make their own Persona 4 with blackjack and hookers. Other good Vita games, not necessarily exlusive:

Killzone Mercenary
Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Tearaway
Ys: Memories of Celceta
One of the Monster Hunter clones--Freedom Wars, Toukiden Kiwami, Soul Sacrifice Delta
Earth Defense Force 2017/Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space
Velocity Ultra/Velocity 2X
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Shovel Knight
Crypt of the NecroDancer

also whatever's good on PSP or PS1 idk

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 15, 2016

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Really Pants posted:

do you mean "best" or "most typical"
Heh, I mean the "vita-est" one. Not necessarily the highest caliber (unless those two things intersect). I'm expecting that'll be something anime-ey.

And yes, I've got Persona on my list; y'all already made sure of that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I dunno why you'd ask for the vita-est games and not the best games but here's a post I made when someone else asked for games

If you like visual novels like the Ace Attorney games you would probably like Virtue's Last Reward/Danganronpa 1 + 2/Stein's Gate

If you like JRPGs Persona 4 is probably still the best game on the system (There's also the FFX/X-2 remasters if you haven't played them on PS3 or PS4)

The Vita has a lot of indie ports like Spelunky/Binding of Isaac/Hotline Miami/Nuclear Throne/Rogue Legacy etc. (Crypt of the Necrodancer came out recently and it's super good) They generally have some minor framerate issues but it's really nice to have portable version (especially with Spelunky/BoI)

If you like rhythm games + anime/vocaloid stuff the Project Diva games + Persona 4 Dancing All Night are both really good

The Vita has a lot of Monster Hunter clones since that series is on 3DS now. There's Toukiden/Freedom Wars/Soul Sacrifice/maybe more. They're generally never really as good as MH but they're there I guess (God Eater 2 is supposed to be really good)

Misc stuff that's pretty good - Ys/Gravity Rush/Earth Defense Force/Everybody's Golf/Wipeout/Lumines/Rayman Origins/Legends/TxK

The Atelier games are supposed to be good I think

Don't let people trick you into buying Senran Kagura/Neptunia

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Help Im Alive posted:

Don't let people trick you into buying Senran Kagura/Neptunia

It's like the old fairytale about a young boy who traded the family cow for a copy of Hyperdevotion Noire. He planted it in the ground. It didn't grow a beanstalk, but everyone in the village agreed that he had done a good thing by burying it and he was hailed as a hero, and he and his family lived slightly easier lives as everyone in the village considered themselves in debt to the child for saving them from the blight that is that Vita game.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Thanks a bunch for the tips and advice. I'll definitely get P4G (as well as all of the PS+ titles I've been adding to my PSN library). A friend of mine wants to watch Stein's Gate with me, and I've yet to really try a visual novel type game, so I might check that out, too.

What's wrong with Neptunia? I was actually thinking of checking that out since it's got anime and video games. Is it just no fun?
Not familiar with Senran Kagura, but a cursory Google search tells me it looks mainly like a fanservice game.

Help Im Alive posted:

I dunno why you'd ask for the vita-est games and not the best games but here's a post I made when someone else asked for games
I've already got a gaming PC, PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One at home, so I'm familiar with their strengths (and not looking to try those games on the Vita). I'm mainly eager to unpack the Vita and get at the heart of this new console.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In that case Killzone Mercenary, Gravity Rush, and Tearaway are the "Vita-est," by which I mean good games that make the most of the Vita's tilt/touch gimmicks

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MisterAlex posted:

What's wrong with Neptunia? I was actually thinking of checking that out since it's got anime and video games. Is it just no fun?

It's a series from noted Bad Game Dev Compile Heart.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Theres nothing wrong with neptunia games, they're just very average RPGs.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

PrinnySquadron posted:

Theres nothing wrong with neptunia games, they're just very average RPGs.

And they can be real funny if you enjoy self-referencing humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

13/f/cali posted:

It's like the old fairytale about a young boy who traded the family cow for a copy of Hyperdevotion Noire. He planted it in the ground. It didn't grow a beanstalk, but everyone in the village agreed that he had done a good thing by burying it and he was hailed as a hero, and he and his family lived slightly easier lives as everyone in the village considered themselves in debt to the child for saving them from the blight that is that Vita game.

Motto posted:

It's a series from noted Bad Game Dev Compile Heart.
Ouch, they're that bad, huh? The first one (I think) showed up in my Amazon "Recommended for you" section, and I thought it just looked like a lighthearted action RPG type deal... but I guess I'll take y'all's word for it and pass. Plenty of other things to check out (not to mention Remote Play).

Really Pants posted:

In that case Killzone Mercenary, Gravity Rush, and Tearaway are the "Vita-est," by which I mean good games that make the most of the Vita's tilt/touch gimmicks
I have Tearaway on the PS4 already, but Gravity Rush looks pretty neat. Thanks.