Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My dilemma: wait for those incredible rotor cannons for my Iliastus heavy weapons squad, or go third party. They're really fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Awesome! I must have missed those pics back when they first showed up.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The rotor, autocannon, and lascannons just look awesome. I'll stick to over-the-shoulder rocket launchers though.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
gently caress I just want Tyrant and Havoc models already.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Can we get Iron Warriors filtered to Ir*n Warri*rs?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The underslung missile launchers are dumb except I'd totally grab some for a converted destroyer squad. Can't really use a shoulder-mounted weapon with a jump pack. :v:

Please make destroyers cheaper, Forge World. I want to use them.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

panascope posted:

Can we get Iron Warriors filtered to Ir*n Warri*rs?

Why, there's like 2.5 iron warriors players because SOMEONE plays them as iron hands.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Panascope is all quiet and humble, then his legion gets a massive rules buff and now everyone's a bitch for complaining lol

Hencoe posted:

Why, there's like 2.5 iron warriors players because SOMEONE plays them as iron hands.

Not you too Hencoe. You just really want me to suffer your pain don't you.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

Panascope is all quiet and humble, then his legion gets a massive rules buff and now everyone's a bitch for complaining lol

Not you too Hencoe. You just really want me to suffer your pain don't you.

Nah, you need to start tyranids if you want to do that. You do you man, I'll stay here being a salt factory.
Also talking smack about hams is always fun.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 15, 2016

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

TTerrible posted:

Dumb:

Not bad:

Awesome:

Fucken get those heavy weapons back up on their shoulders, just like in the good old days.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Next red book. For the first part at least, second... Who knows.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hencoe posted:

Good point. Can we get Iron Warriors filtered to Iron Hands?

Ettin please, do the needful.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Stanyer89 posted:

I tried this on a model and it looked very odd unless you do both shoulder pads. Still even with both pads the 40k BA emblems look off and out of proportion on the MIV models.

You're probably right. Shame.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Safety Factor posted:

The underslung missile launchers are dumb except I'd totally grab some for a converted destroyer squad. Can't really use a shoulder-mounted weapon with a jump pack. :v:

The MKIV jump pack destroyer squad already includes a dude with an "underslung" missile launcher, though?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Yup, and it looks awesome.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is FW doing a new legion Heavy Flamer set? I need to get going on my Death Guard so I need ten or so.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DrPop posted:

The MKIV jump pack destroyer squad already includes a dude with an "underslung" missile launcher, though?

Yup, but in a hypothetical situation where the next box set has MkIII armor I want to convert my own.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Is MkIII rumored to be in the Calth sequel?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

I wish they sold the heresy jump packs separately

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

krursk posted:

Is MkIII rumored to be in the Calth sequel?

That's the rumor that's currently circulating, yeah.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

I'll hold off on any infantry for a while then. More tanks!

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
I have decided to keep my clean looking Night Lords theme going so I can use them as fresh off terra Crusade or Loyalist post Istvann splinter force. I'm working towards a space based force, so lots of drop pods, fliers, Caestus rams and boarding or orbital insertion troops. I am leaning towards not taking Sevatar or Curze to keep with the loyalist line and just use a Praetor in termi armour so I can spend more dosh on cool toys. Sev does have some sexy teleporting rules though but that can be easily replicated with command rhinos, vox and aug webs if needed. Anyway progress on my Praetor and termi bros with combi plasma

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Killer_Bees! posted:

I have decided to keep my clean looking Night Lords theme going so I can use them as fresh off terra Crusade or Loyalist post Istvann splinter force. I'm working towards a space based force, so lots of drop pods, fliers, Caestus rams and boarding or orbital insertion troops. I am leaning towards not taking Sevatar or Curze to keep with the loyalist line and just use a Praetor in termi armour so I can spend more dosh on cool toys. Sev does have some sexy teleporting rules though but that can be easily replicated with command rhinos, vox and aug webs if needed. Anyway progress on my Praetor and termi bros with combi plasma

Looks good. Should be interesting to see where this goes with loyalist rules.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Killer_Bees! posted:

These are cool. I'm also doing some loyalist/terran NL. The color plate of the VIII Legion vet with the "blood" coming out of his helmet's eyes was too cool.

Also, does anyone else feel like Siege Breakers can kinda do a better job of being a Moritat than Moritats? Not having Chain Fire sucks, but they can take Phosohex Bombs and stuff.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Those are some p. cool space rapists.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Where does that chain pole axe come from?

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 17, 2016

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

DeadGame posted:

Where does that chain pole axe come from?

Chaos marines chainsword for the head and hand guard, toothpick or plastic/metal rod for the pole and a chaos marines trophy rack spike for the pommel. My terror squad I am currently working on have Sargent ones made of out grey knight halberds and chainsword heads.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Would Mk3 armor be used for assault marines during the heresy?

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

DJ Dizzy posted:

Would Mk3 armor be used for assault marines during the heresy?

MKIII is basically MKII with trauma plates bolted on for extra protection, which weighs it down in the fluff but not in the crunch. Fluff/imagination wise it probably wouldn't be that functional with a jetpack but I can see assault marines donning it for boarding actions and zone mortalis operations. I wouldn't stress too much, just do whatever floats your boat as there is no rule against it. With some creativity just about anything is justifiable fluff wise in 30k-40k.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I was possibly going to justify it with Blood Angels have stronger than average jump packs.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

I was possibly going to justify it with Blood Angels have stronger than average jump packs.

I did my Blood Angel Assault Marines in MkV only because the poses come cooler... but I still used the MKIV heads & shoulder pads because they look better.

Fluff wise I'll say they are "transitioning" from MkIV to V and are using whatever parts of the new MKV they can use in anticipation of the Battle of Terra.

Come at me bro. (WIP!)

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 17, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If you're looking for chain glaives for Night Lords, a friend of mine has outfitted all his sergeants with these.

If you're outside the UK the postage might be a bit of a downer on the idea though.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I used some MK III armor with MK II packs for my Death Guard Destroyers. I just assume DG if anyone would have figured out how to make MK III work with jump packs for my immersion purposes.

Also MK III armor with MK II packs looks really cool.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What is this about MkIII not working with jump packs? Even assuming that MkIII was heavier than any other armor, jump packs were used to toss a huge, heavy dude in massive armor through the sky. I doubt this would have been an issue. Is this limitation mentioned somewhere?

Stanyer89 posted:

Fluff wise I'll say they are "transitioning" from MkIV to V and are using whatever parts of the new MKV they can use in anticipation of the Battle of Terra.
Yeah, but no one actually wanted MkV because it was a step down from MkIV. It was easier to manufacture and repair though.
:goonsay:

Those are cool models. MkV is one of my favorite armor versions, but I like the helmets a lot.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 17, 2016

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Guess I've never read that it "didn't work," but MK III jumpers definitely don't seem to be a thing, fluffwise.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, I'm going to ignore that and make a MkIII destroyer squad. :colbert: When they aren't like 400 points.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

What is this about MkIII not working with jump packs? Even assuming that MkIII was heavier than any other armor, jump packs were used to toss a huge, heavy dude in massive armor through the sky. I doubt this would have been an issue. Is this limitation mentioned somewhere?

Yeah, but no one actually wanted MkV because it was a step down from MkIV. It was easier to manufacture and repair though.
:goonsay:

Those are cool models. MkV is one of my favorite armor versions, but I like the helmets a lot.

Nerd Fluff Alert: I guess I was going more for the "Hey we are loyalist and we are getting hosed up, we need to patch our poo poo up with what we got and get ready to rumble". More of a "have to do" versus a "want to do".

I like the MKV armour too but I really just did not like the MKV helmets.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

My BA apothecary is now a proper blood angel. Knives are sharp, kids.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

My BA apothecary is now a proper blood angel. Knives are sharp, kids.

MkIII or IV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Are there any specific models that absolutely shouldn't be used for a 30K Ultramarines force? I'm trying to keep my new army dual-purpose, so I can play in as many local games as possible.

All my tac marines/vets are Betrayal at Calth + FW shoulders/helmets/torsos, all the terminators are BaC too. I've got Ven Dreads from 40K, though, and current Rhinos with FW panels/doors.

So long as I'm not trying to throw Calgar or something in there, should I be alright, fluff-wise?

Edit: color test from this weekend: