Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominicius
Dec 3, 2011

Skandranon posted:

I'm still hoping we get Vlad because of <reasons>

If we get an Endtimes expansion further down the road you might get your wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Were all the Vamp heroes spoiled already?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Yeah I definitely can't watch that stream (Parent Life!), hopefully they put some highlights on YouTube.

Also, I pulled the trigger and ordered most of my new PC for this. Here's hoping PASCAL cards release in time, since I'm reusing my GTX 760 to save money in the meantime, hah.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Mandred looks like a loving tool in that video. Where is the slick von Carstein hair and superior sneer? Where is that feeling that compared to them you are merely something they accidently stepped in and they have to interact with you even if it is just to scrape you off?

Rather dissapointed with that.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Sometimes I can't tell if you guys are kidding or not, but

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Manfred is lame, and different writers have had different takes on the VC. It looks like at least Manfred will be one of the less cool takes.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah I definitely can't watch that stream (Parent Life!), hopefully they put some highlights on YouTube.

Also, I pulled the trigger and ordered most of my new PC for this. Here's hoping PASCAL cards release in time, since I'm reusing my GTX 760 to save money in the meantime, hah.

I kind of doubt it. AMD was first showing off Polaris, we haven't seen a sample of actual working Pascal silicon, and AMD looks to be launching in the second half of the middle of the year.

If you really need a card and can't stand turning down settings for a bit I'd wait until reviews drop if you're a single game gamer, but I'd expect the 390 or 380(X) to be the high points in your price range.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I don't really know anything Vampires in Warhammer, but I would probably take just about anybody over Mannfred yeah. Hopefully they add a cool Vampire LL later.

S.J. posted:

Were all the Vamp heroes spoiled already?

The other LL is this dude.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

loving awesome trailer, skeletons rule and vampires rule and everything just rules

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

xthetenth posted:

I kind of doubt it. AMD was first showing off Polaris, we haven't seen a sample of actual working Pascal silicon, and AMD looks to be launching in the second half of the middle of the year.

If you really need a card and can't stand turning down settings for a bit I'd wait until reviews drop if you're a single game gamer, but I'd expect the 390 or 380(X) to be the high points in your price range.

Eh, I'll buy a 970 on a Jet sale if I have to, and try to Craigslist it after I get a pascal card. I already bought this loving game on Steam, so I'm going to play it on high at least.

I'll post the stuff I just bought if anyone gives a poo poo.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I hope the skeletons have good death animations where they break apart into piles of bones and not just like, fall over like a regular dude

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think the best thing to get a sense of Manfred is that every single major event of his before the End Times (which I'm not as familiar with) involves him coming up with a grand scheme, getting to the decisive point, and then going 'Oh no there is maybe a chance I will lose back to the shadows!' and running away. Sometimes getting run down and murdered when he tries.

He is a pretty lovely dark lord.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Triskelli posted:

Bright Wizard looking goofy as poo poo on that pegasus though, looked like something out of SFM. Didn't recognize the heavily armored troops though, are those just skeletons?

Wights

edit: Can I pre-order this anywhere else but via steam? I really hate steam a lot. Don't want a steam key either, but via amazon it looks like it's just a steam key but does not actually say.

Washout fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 15, 2016

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

S.J. posted:

Sometimes I can't tell if you guys are kidding or not, but

Wait, when did he do bald and psycho? This is the Mannfred I know

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
According to the Liber Necris after his last defeat by the Empire he started running around killing and devouring other powerful vampires including Necrarchs which caused him to degenerate.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Apparently the stream is now 6pm PST, due to CA's confused British understanding of DST. I mean, assuming they got it right this time.

Washout posted:

edit: Can I pre-order this anywhere else but via steam? I really hate steam a lot. Don't want a steam key either, but via amazon it looks like it's just a steam key but does not actually say.

TW has been Steam Exclusive for ages now. Even if you get a disc it's just gonna be a Steam key.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Washout posted:

Wights

just play the game on steam you fuckign baby

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MadJackMcJack posted:

Wait, when did he do bald and psycho? This is the Mannfred I know

It's pretty hilarious how much their attempts to make Manfred look more grimdark and badass backfired. This pic looks way better than bald steroid freak.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Mans posted:

just play the game on steam you fuckign baby

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Stream where????

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
This thread apparently hates bald men.

Sharzak posted:

Stream where????

TW's offical twitch.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Sharzak posted:

Stream where????

https://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

Edit: vvv 40 more minutes!

drgnvale fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 16, 2016

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did they ever make a decent Heroes of might and magic after V? I've gone back and installed 3 because i've ran out of good strategy games at the moment.

i was hoping for vampires but they're playing Total War Arena :froggonk:

Mans fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 16, 2016

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Mans posted:

did they ever make a decent Heroes of might and magic after V? I've gone back and installed 3 because i've ran out of good strategy games at the moment.

i was hoping for vampires but they're playing Total War Arena :froggonk:

That was just recorded filler. Vampires starting soon!

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Y'know guys it's entirely possible they're going for different aesthetics for each Legendary Lord. Maybe they just wanted each vamp to be sufficiently different from the others.

That Mannfred with hair is excellent though.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 16, 2016

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Mannfred has been bald for ever. The fluff goes, he had hair and looked normal until after he got his rear end kicked. Then he went underground (metaphorically) and sought knowledge and became an exceptional necromancer. Vampires who get really into necromancy begin to look corpse-like. The necrarch bloodline practically doesn't need to feed on blood because they're instead suffused with dark magic. As a result, they look super hosed and are really crazy. Mannfred looking hosed up and talking like an idiot is all a consequence of his thing as a powerful necromancer in addition to being a strong fighter.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
It's live! :frogsiren:

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The thing is happening btw.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can't see it :smith: I can hear them, but i can't see!

"TotalWarOfficial has started a playlist".

Edit: Nvm a few F5's fixed it.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Are my speakers failing or is the audio quality actually poor? I'm getting static like when cell phones used to interfere with speakers.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

So immunity to morale confirmed for undead. That's cool. The dead never run from fights.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The objective: SHAMIN' THE SHAMANS

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Is ensorcelling really a word or is Mannfred just making poo poo up?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
It's a real word

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ensorcell

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Why is he deploying his general on the flank of the line?! It looks ugly as crap

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Why is he deploying his general on the flank of the line?! It looks ugly as crap

He's not very good!

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Stared at wolf riders loving up his zombies for a while without realizing they were there. Not very good confirmed.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

A perfectly cromulent one at that

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Looks like the undead units can "crumble" if they're surrounded and have a lot of negative modifiers applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Awww poo poo, Raising the Dead.

• Locked thread