Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Going back to the T-65 fixes I thought of one a couple days ago

Radar Warning Sensor (1)
Modification

Rebel X-Wing Only

When defending, if you have a lock on the attacker, you may reroll your defense dice. If you choose to do so, you must reroll as many of your dice as possible.

After reading that article a few pages back about how evade has fallen out of usefulness in favor of total health and how the game overall favors attack modifiers over defense, I tried coming up with a modification to regain its usefulness (specifically for the T-65, Scyk Interceptor, etc.). First I thought it would be Small Ship Only, but it breaks pilot abilities like Col. Vessery, then I thought of restricting it to Generic Ship Only but figured maybe not for reasons I forget. Anywho, I think it's a decent (albeit astromechish) ability that's subtle enough to benefit the T-65 alone. Just an idle thought you're all free to poke holes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Poopy Palpy posted:

Especially after they renamed the TIE Interdictor to avoid confusion with a ship that isn't even in the game.

To be fair, Rebels didn't even exist when FFG released the TIE Phantom...Rebels came out in October of that year while the wave with the TIE Phantom came out in June or something...so the only way they could have known is if Disney was keeping them in the loop which I kind of doubt.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Quick and dirty poe dameron's ricer special from yesterday:

The paint is growing on me so I might actually put effort into making this thing look pretty, which means scrubbing the cherry blossom and starting with a proper background for it first. Really the sad part is that it's so small. I'll probably redo the 2400 in this scheme and paint/decal some nice anime idols on it.

E: Oh the new FAQ is up.https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/3a/d1/3ad18ffb-443d-45d1-837e-b542bc1ffe2f/x-wing_faq_v411.pdf
Guess they doubled down on the article insisting you can damage ships by rolling them onto an asteroid.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 15, 2016

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I really hope that instead of going with durability/defense or offense bonuses for the X-Wing, they give it something to help in the dogfight. Repositioning is really strong, and quite frankly the X-Wing is supposed to be a dogfighter, which is something that it's currently beaten at by most other ships. Lacking both action economy and repositioning options really sucks. Hell, the B-Wing is better at dogfighting as it stands, because the dial and barrel roll make it able to dance in tight spaces.

The only thing that lets the X-Wings compete right now are the admittedly very powerful pilot abilities. And even so, they're definitely not near the top of the power pile, despite Strobe's constant positive reinforcement :v:. I'd love to see some cheapish option to let the X-Wing do what it's supposed to do.

Title: Rogue Squadron Ace - 2 points - T-65 X-Wing only - PS 5(6?) or higher only.

When this ship performs the focus action, it can perform a free boost or barrel roll action. Then, it gains 1 stress.

Action economy and a reposition ability that won't make it totally insane or a carbon copy of the T-70. Ace pilots pulling off a stressful maneuver while focused as hell is thematic, and the stress gain prevents it from being part of a crazy 3-action insanity build every turn. Possibly even could drop the PS requirement, but I like the feel as is.

Wedge would be scary as hell like this, as scary as Soontir Fel is to see on the other side of the table. But the limited green maneuvers that the X-Wing has means you can't dance like an interceptor forever, without an R2 anyway.

Edit: Even better, Wedge with Predator, title, and R2 with IA would be 35 points, same as the Standard Fel.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 15, 2016

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
New FAQ: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/3a/d1/3ad18ffb-443d-45d1-837e-b542bc1ffe2f/x-wing_faq_v411.pdf

Autothrusters has been errataed to work like everyone always assumed it did, which means The Inquisitor gets to ignore them.

Tractor beams got a 0 day errata to allow pushing a ship onto a rock to damage it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Chill la Chill posted:

E: Oh the new FAQ is up.https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/3a/d1/3ad18ffb-443d-45d1-837e-b542bc1ffe2f/x-wing_faq_v411.pdf
Guess they doubled down on the article insisting you can damage ships by rolling them onto an asteroid.

I think more interesting is that the wording on the Tractor Beam rule card specifies that the opposing player may choose to have a small ship boost or barrel roll the first time it gets a tractor token in the round. I want to say that previously it wasn't a choice, that if you tractored a ship you had to choose one or the other.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
And tourney regs.

New FAQ and Tourney Regulations:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/%85/x-wing_faq_v411%85
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/%85/x-wing_tourname%85

Summary: tourney regs basically the same, but you're now allowed to mark dice for ownership, modify ships as long as they're still distinguishable, and draw voluntarily by agreement with your opponent and with a TO present for any discussions. Among other minor changes.

FAQ: Tractor Beam already errated lol. I don;t know that it actually makes it clearer, but it seems the intention is that obstacles do cause damage on TBing. Autothrusters also errated to clarify their interaction with several cards from wave 8 as well as with turrets - they now reference attack range rather than ship range, so it's clear how they work in some corner cases. Wampa errated to clarify when his effect happens (start of Compare Results). Clarification of new blinded pilot and feedback array, as well as a bunch of other new cards including Wave 8 stuff. Phew.

Now to see whether any outstanding qs still remain outstanding...

Crossposted from my club.

I think they've got most of my outstanding questions covered.

Also worth noting that I noticed thanks to an official forums thread today that if you equip the Ghost/Phantom title you MUST start docked; you don't get to choose at setup, the docking decision is a squad-building one.

Hadn't noticed that they changed TBs to 'may'. If only they'd changed it to 'the player who assigned you the token may' rather than 'the opposing player' :(

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kai Tave posted:

I think more interesting is that the wording on the Tractor Beam rule card specifies that the opposing player may choose to have a small ship boost or barrel roll the first time it gets a tractor token in the round. I want to say that previously it wasn't a choice, that if you tractored a ship you had to choose one or the other.

Yeah I guess it's a day 0 buff. It means you can choose to keep them in arc of another ship then roll them onto the rock. What I don't like is the new autothruster errata. It means that the old way of measuring range to a turret got worse. Oh well. It's the Poe Dameron era for me now anyway.

E: Oh neat. They loosened the incorrect dial placement error. Now you can perform the maneuver as long as it's present, even if it's not the same difficulty. Oh and finally the cocked dice reroll is made official. It always annoyed me when people would have you balance a die on top to see if it's "level" enough.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 15, 2016

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I don't understand the intentional draw ruling. Are they saying you can agree to draw, as long as a TO doesn't hear you say that by doing so you'll both make the cut?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Eh, I think the Autothrusters were mostly errated to clarify how they work with the inqusitor. I'm not wild about the wording choice they used, which doesn't unambiguously tie them to attack range the way they think it does, but the FAQ is clear about the interaction so meh.

Still so disappointed that giving Tractor Tokens to your own ships is not currently an explorable design space unless the card does something weird and forces your opponent to give your ship a token so that you get to make the decision.

:(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hahahahaha

Juke can be used to modify the result added by C-3PO

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

thespaceinvader posted:

Eh, I think the Autothrusters were mostly errated to clarify how they work with the inqusitor. I'm not wild about the wording choice they used, which doesn't unambiguously tie them to attack range the way they think it does, but the FAQ is clear about the interaction so meh.

Still so disappointed that giving Tractor Tokens to your own ships is not currently an explorable design space unless the card does something weird and forces your opponent to give your ship a token so that you get to make the decision.

:(
It still buffs them in the K-wing example. They specifically did it to rule out that supposed grey area where they were in range 2 but range 3 in arc.

Holy poo poo someone brought this up in nova squad:

This means that I cannot use my condensed cheat sheet of maneuvers anymore. But I imagine bringing the giant stack of maneuvers that come with each ship is fine, so... :getin:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hahahahaha

Juke can be used to modify the result added by C-3PO

This has always been the case. C3PO's effect happens before dice modification.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Interesting that the ranged stuff triggers from attacks after you move them with tractor beam. You can pop someone with tractor beam at the close edge of range 3, pull them to range 2, then Tactician triggers and gives the stress. Neat!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Poopy Palpy posted:

I don't understand the intentional draw ruling. Are they saying you can agree to draw, as long as a TO doesn't hear you say that by doing so you'll both make the cut?

Yes. This is usually in the grey area of keeping it hush hush or saying dogwhistle codewords like "after reviewing our current standings it is beneficial for both of us to..." without specifically saying what you're intending to do. Magic has a more codified way of allowable phrases to be uttered but I think you should be fine if you are not being overly specific. "I think we should both draw" would probably be the easiest way to go about it as long as your opponent has any inkling of what's going on.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

It still buffs them in the K-wing example. They specifically did it to rule out that supposed grey area where they were in range 2 but range 3 in arc.

Holy poo poo someone brought this up in nova squad:

This means that I cannot use my condensed cheat sheet of maneuvers anymore. But I imagine bringing the giant stack of maneuvers that come with each ship is fine, so... :getin:

Also you can ask your opponent to show you the moves on their dial IIRC.

But it does seem kinda lame that you can't bring manoeuvre references/cheat sheets.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

thespaceinvader posted:

But it does seem kinda lame that you can't bring manoeuvre references/cheat sheets.
Right, you could always do that. I just think the prevalence of asking will go up due to this, resulting in both more delays and unintentional cheating when someone asks to see the dial after you've already placed them.

Chill la Chill posted:

Yes. This is usually in the grey area of keeping it hush hush or saying dogwhistle codewords like "after reviewing our current standings it is beneficial for both of us to..." without specifically saying what you're intending to do. Magic has a more codified way of allowable phrases to be uttered but I think you should be fine if you are not being overly specific. "I think we should both draw" would probably be the easiest way to go about it as long as your opponent has any inkling of what's going on.
I just realized that this is probably a non-issue and is really just there to prevent people from talking about who they are likely to face in the first elimination round and to plan accordingly. Of course, this can still happen but it requires more of an intuition from both players without the ability to deliberately discuss it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The extra design and engineering for the ghost is...lackluster. That thing is just waiting to crush something underneath during a mishandled pickup.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm absolutely not going to disallow maneuver "cheat sheets" at store events I run. Maneuver dial options are already open table knowledge, so it's IMO absurd to eliminate an efficient way of effecting that.

Anything other than that like say a probability table, sure.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

The Gate posted:

Title: Rogue Squadron Ace - 2 points - T-65 X-Wing only - PS 5(6?) or higher only.

When this ship performs the focus action, it can perform a free boost or barrel roll action. Then, it gains 1 stress.

I'd kill for this.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

The extra design and engineering for the ghost is...lackluster. That thing is just waiting to crush something underneath during a mishandled pickup.

Why? Is it wobbly or something? It looks pretty stable from the picture, but then again I know from moving my Imp Raider around that appearances can be deceiving.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

RE: Rogue Ace Title.

Hell, make it just PS3+ or unique-only. It's not like Tarn Mison is going to tilt the whole thing if you give him some repositioning, too, and I'm all for increasing viable options.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Chill la Chill posted:

Not a big fan of the ship designs from Rebels personally. Ghost is a big brick, the attack shuttle looks doofy and the advanced prototype doesn't really look anything like the advanced at all.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

AndyElusive posted:

Why? Is it wobbly or something? It looks pretty stable from the picture, but then again I know from moving my Imp Raider around that appearances can be deceiving.

The front peg is begging to be snapped with repeated torque stresses. The back just rests on those arms. The bottom of the base doesn't even include the larger footprint that comes standard with huge ships. On second look it does but it's sideways :psyduck:

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not a big fan of the ship designs from Rebels personally. Ghost is a big brick, the attack shuttle looks doofy and the advanced prototype doesn't really look anything like the advanced at all.
I do like all of the designs but I do think the ghost looks like something from mass effect or aliens. It's ok but not what other star wars cargo ships look like. The prototype looks really sleek and looks like Maul's ship. Love that thing.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Ghost is pretty much a Ghtroc freighter.

Ghtrocs and the Ghost both own.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I want this loving Jakku playmat so bad, but I'm not registering for something 4000+ km away just to be able to get one.

The Prototype has the hallmarks of Imperial TIE Fighter design when it's S-Foil wings are extended but it looks more like its successor when they're in closed or in cruising mode or whatever.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah see the ghost needed more rounded edges. It would look nicer if it didn't look like a shoebox. Also that freighter looks like a space Honu and I love it. :eyepop:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Chill la Chill posted:

The front peg is begging to be snapped with repeated torque stresses. The back just rests on those arms. The bottom of the base doesn't even include the larger footprint that comes standard with huge ships. On second look it does but it's sideways :psyduck:

I do like all of the designs but I do think the ghost looks like something from mass effect or aliens. It's ok but not what other star wars cargo ships look like. The prototype looks really sleek and looks like Maul's ship. Love that thing.

I don't dislike the prototype, I just really do not see how a designer would go from curved folding wings on a regular TIE to the big block of death that is the TIE advanced.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

They're just following the mentality that the closer to Episode 1 you get, the more sleek something is and the closer to the orig-trig something is, the more blocky/bulky it gets.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Nevermind, my estimation was compeltely wrong. I didn't realize how much bigger the 1300 is than the 2400. I was thinking they were roughly the same size.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

thespaceinvader posted:

You can bring maneuver reference sheets. This doesn't apply to those. (Source: Organized Play is the next cube over).

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I dont like the little boxy protrusion below the cockpit on the ghost, which i guess is the door but just looks kinda dumb.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
It looks like a Lego space ship made by a kid with too many 2 x 4 blocks in their bin.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Otisburg posted:

RE: Rogue Ace Title.

Hell, make it just PS3+ or unique-only. It's not like Tarn Mison is going to tilt the whole thing if you give him some repositioning, too, and I'm all for increasing viable options.

X-wing aces are viable already. Generics need a huge loving boost to be worth taking. This doesn't help that at all.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Idea: A title that works for generic pilots of every ship that lets them dramatically crash into an enemy ship when they get killed.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Strobe posted:

X-wing aces are viable already. Generics need a huge loving boost to be worth taking. This doesn't help that at all.

Wedge, Wes & Luke are already viable, but literally every other named pilot aside from Biggs isn't. Generics need a boost too.

Honestly, a fix should just boost all of them. While the top X-Wing aces are viable if you play them right already, they'd hardly be overpowered were they better.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

Idea: A title that works for generic pilots of every ship that lets them dramatically crash into an enemy ship when they get killed.
Kamikaze (0)
Title

When your ship is destroyed, immediately perform a boost or barrel roll action. If you overlap another ship, it is immediately dealt two face down Damage cards. Then remove your ship from play.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tacopocalypse posted:

Kamikaze (0)
Title

When your ship is destroyed, immediately perform a boost or barrel roll action. If you overlap another ship, it is immediately dealt two face down Damage cards. Then remove your ship from play.

That would be fun as a Scum or A-Wing only title.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Endman posted:

Wedge, Wes & Luke are already viable, but literally every other named pilot aside from Biggs isn't. Generics need a boost too.

Honestly, a fix should just boost all of them. While the top X-Wing aces are viable if you play them right already, they'd hardly be overpowered were they better.

Biggs and Tarn both have excellent abilities (and Tarn has cheap as hell. Once I get me some Chips...), Garvin was recently used in a SC winning list.

On top of Wes, Wedge, and Luke, that's more good pilots than Interceptors have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

AndyElusive posted:

That would be fun as a Scum or A-Wing only title.

A-Wings already have a good title.

• Locked thread