Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rocks posted:

is that a GOP member? not enough mouth boogers

His eyes are all hosed up and sideways so he checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
So what's the ETA of us finding out whether or not Trump has been rendered mathematically unstumpable or if the chance for chaos to reign at a contested convention still exists

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Oh and 66% of Ohio voters support the Muslim ban, so basically it's all over, lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Wolfsheim posted:

So what's the ETA of us finding out whether or not Trump has been rendered mathematically unstumpable or if the chance for chaos to reign at a contested convention still exists

1:30

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

Tom Cotton is Palin-level stupid, though.

Plus he's basically Republican John Kerry. Probably one of the more dead and boring speakers I've seen in American politics. Whatever advantages he has, they'll be nullified by his complete lack of charisma.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Slate Action posted:

Oh and 66% of Ohio voters support the Muslim ban, so basically it's all over, lol

Isn't that kinda low? I recall it being near 70% in some of the southern states.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Slate Action posted:

historically, what percentage of Cruz supporters have supported the ban in other states? could be misleading

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

mightygerm posted:

Isn't that kinda low? I recall it being near 70% in some of the southern states.

The national average has been 68%, but among people who previously supported the ban:

43% voted Trump
30% voted Cruz

headspace
Apr 25, 2014

Dapper Dan posted:

..... or them rush the stage and stab him to death like cesear. its the ides of march, lets do this poo poo.

A Tiberius Gracchus scenario would be better. The senate broke the legs of their tables and clubbed him to death.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Slate Action posted:

A little over half the people who supported bans in previous states voted for candidates other than Trump.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Slate Action posted:

First statistic that's unambiguously a Trump boost.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

A little over half the people who supported bans in previous states voted for candidates other than Trump.

source? if true, seems like Kasich is gonna pull it off

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

TwinsensRevenge posted:

source? if true, seems like Kasich is gonna pull it off

Trump averaged 43% of people who supported the ban in the first 4 states.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hold up guys, let me get out my calculator

66 * 0.43 = 28,38%

poo poo!!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXI3U4p-us

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Ohio GOP - Feelings about the federal government

ENTHUSIASTIC - 1%
SATISFIED - 6%
DISSATISFIED - 53%
ANGRY - 39%

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Phlegmish posted:

Hold up guys, let me get out my calculator

66 * 0.43 = 28,38%

poo poo!!

28*38 => 1064

modulo 4, 0

dattebayo

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Ohio GOP - Feelings about the state government

ENTHUSIASTIC - 0%
SATISFIED - 0%
DISSATISFIED - 0%
ANGRY - 0%
BUCKLED UP - 100%

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
It's time to BUCKLE UP...

....for the TRUMPOCALYPSE

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Dapper Dan posted:

not all are like this. my dad is a republican and he has always voted straight r, even with palin (he liked mccain a lot). but he wouldn't vote if trump was on the ticket and he has been a life long repub. he said he would vote for hilary. i believe him because every time i mention trump he looks like he is going to throw up and doesn't want to talk about it.

Well, Hillary is basically a Republican.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I like the phrase 'mathematically unstumpable'

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/709865385877770240

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

I never noticed how he has the wrong arm up in the mirror

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3cQVrnaWs

Buckle up for Kasich, buckle up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Slate Action posted:

Ohio:

"I want someone with experience in politics" - 43%
"I want someone from outside the system" - 50%

Chaos. loving. REIGNS

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/709864743087972352

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This guy really hates Will from the IT dept.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Slate Action posted:

Ohio:

"I want someone with experience in politics" - 43%
"I want someone from outside the system" - 50%

This sort of attitude makes me want to see a remake of Mr Smith goes to Washington, with trump being an abrasive dickhead in place of Jimmy Stewart being basically jesus

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

this actually is less meaningful than it looks, since after 2008 a TON of republicans registered indie but still vote straight ticket R every year
being a republican was so toxic then they didn't want to be affiliated but still were completely standard R base
there's a D equivalent, too; the number of actual swing voters in this country is wildly overstated

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Kasich will have enough delegates to be on track for the nomination if he wins every single state by a landslide tonight.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jewel Repetition posted:

Kasich will have enough delegates to be on track for the nomination if he wins every single state by a landslide tonight.

Wow, it sounds like it's time to buckle up then!

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

FistEnergy posted:

I'm tingling with anticipation!

For reference when I went to vote in suburban Cleveland today, the line was held up by a tiny ~90 year old man with a walker. The poll worker was repeatedly asking him if he wanted the Democratic or Republican ballot, and he was loudly and proudly proclaiming his desire to vote for Trump.

His wife finally had to come over and indicate that he wanted the Republican ballot.

"Trump!"

*breaks hip*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8Lev2UFJ8

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ohio is going to Trump

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Wolfsheim posted:

If he wins OH and does well where he is supposed to it will be just a formality, pending the GOPe's next genius plan to stump him.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
"Are you buckled up!?"

Yes!

"Are you ready to go!?"

Yes!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Is there any decent fan fiction of this election cycle floating around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ohio is going to Trump

It's going to Kasich and I'm confident enough in that now to toxx.

• Locked thread