Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

This is probably Bomani Jones' best and most predictive work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9IRJ6FHF0

Jordan Shipley. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Played around with the art in this one, let me know what you guys think

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/prince-amukamara-to-the-jags/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Febreeze posted:

I was going to mention something. It's not bad, just different

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The premise is hilarious

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Febreeze posted:

I prefer your original style

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Febreeze posted:

I made this exact joke to a friend when the news broke, it's a good one though

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I like your new style a whole lot. Reminds me of those HQ web comics. Do what you want obviously.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like the new art style for some stuff and the old art style for other stuff.

I have been no help. I bid you adieu.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I like the new style, but your usual style might be better for certain types of jokes.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I like the new stuff better than the old stuff.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Old is better. Change is bad!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It won't replace the old style, this one was kind of an accident. I thought it looked terrible but then I turned off the linework layer and it looked great, so I cleaned it up and saved a lovely looking comic and made it kind of interesting. Glad to see some people like it, so maybe I'll incorporate elements of it in the future.

vvvv I'll test that on the next comic you get a cameo in, Eifert

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 15, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think you should use the linework from this one and the color/shading from mustard's comics.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I think it kinda dulls down your art style

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Febreeze posted:

Change is bad. Also every new stadium sucks, Dick Butkus is still the greatest Linebacker ever, I hate the new Dr. Who and there hasn't been a good JRPG since the Super Nintendo.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I think that art style works best with no coloring and just shading

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Hahah, loving "Pear Inc."

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Athanatos posted:

I think it kinda dulls down your art style

I agree with this.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I like the old style better, the new one seems kind of... blobby?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Febreeze posted:

I feel you should rastafy them by ... ten percent or so.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

NC-17 posted:

I feel you should rastafy them by ... ten percent or so.

So just a few dredlocks?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I think the new art style could work with flashbacks or introspections, but the old art style is iconic.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Crunkjuice posted:

I think the new art style could work with flashbacks or introspections, but the old art style is iconic.

Yeah, I feel like I am watching like season 1 Simpsons with the new art style. It's not terrible, it's just...different.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't like it. It looks like an Adobe Flash comic circa 2003.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shath Hole posted:

Yeah, I feel like I am watching like season 1 Simpsons with the new art style. It's not terrible, it's just...different.
Those Simpson animations during early episodes of Tracy Ullman :barf:

Man I am showing my age

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sam bradford lmao posted:

Those Simpson animations during early episodes of Tracy Ullman :barf:

Man I am showing my age

I fail to see a problem my friend

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Looks OK to me, kind of like a Flash animated cartoon.

It's always interesting to see when artists experiment.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It makes them look a little more professional.

Not professional as in "better" or "superior" more professional as in "I could see a newspaper cartoon or a major blog cartoon looking like this"

It does come off as a little colder though and as Athanatos said it kind of seems duller by comparison.

Maybe use it for NFLol if that's still a thing?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I like it. I also think it'd be cool to experiment with different styles every once in a while just to mix things up. Your original style is still the best though.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Like one of the cool things about webcomics is watching the artist grow through the years as their craft improves from better tech and more practice. If you want to change things up, absolutely go for it.

Penny Arcade is a good example (but a bad comic) because the guy when he started was loving awful and then he became legitimately really good

EDIT: Jesus christ I checked the site or the first time in like two years and what the gently caress is this

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think it looks good and you should put your hands into a running lawn mower if you ever consider drawing your old style again.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like one of the cool things about webcomics is watching the artist grow through the years as their craft improves from better tech and more practice. If you want to change things up, absolutely go for it.

Penny Arcade is a good example (but a bad comic) because the guy when he started was loving awful and then he became legitimately really good

EDIT: Jesus christ I checked the site or the first time in like two years and what the gently caress is this

I don't believe they even do the comics anymore. They only really work with the PAX stuff anymore, and even then it's mostly delegation.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Crunkjuice posted:

This is exactly what I was trying to think of saying. This style could work for "mental" comics, but not on a regular basis.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We're gonna fight, mother fucker :colbert:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Dr McNinja domination 24/7/365

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Penny Arcade had a time when it was cool and watching the artist dramatically improve was awesome but they are phoning it in so hard now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Looking at the new comic again, what might be also something to consider is that it doesn't immediately look like your art.

Considering how often your poo poo is stolen having a really identifiable style probably helps a lot

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Penny Arcade had a time when it was cool and watching the artist dramatically improve was awesome but they are phoning it in so hard now

Yeah PA's art isn't all that appealing now, but he kept experimenting with his art style over the years and came up with some cool styles over the years for different themes. Keep trying different things...I like the Prince comic and I'd like to see you try different styles for different types of comics.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Holy poo poo when did they turn into Rescue Rangers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chilichimp posted:

Why is tetris underwater?

• Locked thread