Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yup. That's where 21 picks up his target.

Can't believe I missed this, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Comrade Quack posted:

So how long until they do something with Rocket Impossible?

Whom?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Remember the baby the IGNORE ME guy found?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

drrockso20 posted:

Remember the baby the IGNORE ME guy found?
lol it's a quote

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I expected 21's task was going to be derailed after he got shot with the dart, right in the taint.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I expected 21's task was going to be derailed after he got shot with the dart, right in the taint.
Yeah, he shrugged that off pretty easily.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Das Boo posted:

The Silence of the lambs bit was taken from Bundy, but 21 pseudo-quotes Buffalo Bill's "Say, are you about a size 14?" while mimicking Ted Levine's speech. A reference of a reference.

:ms: . Nevermind, then!

I'm happy that this show can keep introducing new & interesting characters. Wide Wale, Battle-Axe, & Sireena have all been pretty great.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

redbackground posted:

Yeah, he shrugged that off pretty easily.

He's probably shot himself with his own darts plenty of times, he's probably used to it by now

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wouldn't say that. He used to think they were poison darts.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
One thing I didn't get this episode was why Dr. Mrs. The Monarch suddenly thought "whoa maybe its not Rusty after all" after being all gung-ho on the theory that he was the Blue Morpho last episode.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

One thing I didn't get this episode was why Dr. Mrs. The Monarch suddenly thought "whoa maybe its not Rusty after all" after being all gung-ho on the theory that he was the Blue Morpho last episode.

She received the voice message from Wandering Spider saying the Blue Morpho was about to kill him at the same time as they shot Rusty. Thats why the lunar eclipse was so important. Plus I think she was too shook up about going "off the book" with the sniping attempt.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

She received the voice message from Wandering Spider saying the Blue Morpho was about to kill him at the same time as they shot Rusty. Thats why the lunar eclipse was so important. Plus I think she was too shook up about going "off the book" with the sniping attempt.

No, Raskolnikov38's talking earlier in the episode when Dr. Z and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch were in the kitchen.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Mraagvpeine posted:

No, Raskolnikov38's talking earlier in the episode when Dr. Z and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch were in the kitchen.

It seemed like to me, that it was an issue about getting him by the books. She didn't have strong enough evidence to just murder Dr Venture. She has others to answer too, or is using that as an excuse to keep herself in check.

Also, I thought Dr Z was gay. Back in Self-Medication, his 'wife' mentioned being his beard.
The sex scene with the Blue Morpho made it feel like that whole thing was just forgotten about.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think she thought it was Rusty but she still wasn't 100% and wanted to do it by the book rather than flat out murder him.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

deong posted:

Also, I thought Dr Z was gay. Back in Self-Medication, his 'wife' mentioned being his beard.

I thought that was just a joke. Like everyone thought he was gay and she was his beard, but nope.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
The thing I wonder about is, if they had killed Rusty, you'd think it's would be fairly trivial to determine where that shot came from, and the guild would have OSI breathing down their neck.

Also is the science thing they were trying to invent for still coming up, or did they just drop that plotline at the conclusion of God-Gas?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Sash! posted:

I thought that was just a joke. Like everyone thought he was gay and she was his beard, but nope.

They tried for a kid, I'd guess it's safe to say he's bi.

I was showing a friend a selection of episodes from season two last week, and it reminded me of what I felt was the best joke in the show at the time - Brock telling that Ünderbiet henchman about the henchman's testicular lump. I wonder if we'll ever get a callback to that.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

LashLightning posted:

I was showing a friend a selection of episodes from season two last week, and it reminded me of what I felt was the best joke in the show at the time - Brock telling that Ünderbiet henchman about the henchman's testicular lump. I wonder if we'll ever get a callback to that.

Don't think we've even had Ünterland mentioned since around the time the Revenge Society was formed in the first place, be interesting to see it and Abomi-Nation come up again in the future

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

LashLightning posted:

They never had kids because she was his beard.

I dunno, I was waiting for the sheet to drop to show boob and it never happened. This will come back up several years later in this thread.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

TerminalRaptor posted:

Also is the science thing they were trying to invent for still coming up, or did they just drop that plotline at the conclusion of God-Gas?

I thought they mentioned he was banned because of the god-gas debacle.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009

Dazerbeams posted:

I thought it was implying that he was going down on her all the time. Like a literal beard around his mouth.

IGNORE ME!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Dazerbeams posted:

I dunno, I was waiting for the sheet to drop to show boob and it never happened. This will come back up several years later in this thread.

Original Blue Morpho was a hermaphrodite and is Rusty's mother! :tinfoil:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Get their beards.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Dazerbeams posted:

That is how I understood it. It was Mrs Z that mentioned being unable to have kids because she was his beard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APVn8lNcuAg&t=65s
The cough makes it sound like its a real cover story.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

redbackground posted:

Pinching a loaf.

Taking the Browns to the Superbowl.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

deong posted:

The sex scene with the Blue Morpho made it feel like that whole thing was just forgotten about.

it was the 70's

you had to have been there

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

So was rusty talking to the guy from faith no more in this episode?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Does the God Gas remind anyone else of the gas that MUTHER pumped through the vents of Jonas's underground society?

It's actually sort of implied in the episode after, when the old Team Venture is teasing Billy about the viral video, that they are if not the same, then born of the same idea. Action Man's all "Kid can't handle his God Gas!"

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

deong posted:

That is how I understood it. It was Mrs Z that mentioned being unable to have kids because she was his beard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APVn8lNcuAg&t=65s
The cough makes it sound like its a real cover story.

It's kind of ambiguous. It could be that Mrs. Z was hanging around with Dr. Z, but Dr. Z was so busy chasing after the Quests that he didn't notice the hot piece of rear end right beside him giving him signals, so she just figured he was gay. It could be that he was just a straight guy with a single minded obsession, and missed some really obvious clues in pursuit of his plans.

When he stepped back and reassessed his life, he married Mrs. Z, basically his Ms. Moneypenny, but by then it was too late for them to have kids.

I'm not saying that it's definitive one way or the other that he's gay. But it's not that far fetched to think that Dr. Z was just a socially awkward straight guy, and his wife just assumed he was gay for missing what she thought were obvious clues. It's not like socially awkward guys are some new frontier for this show.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That was such a good episode.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I figure Dr. Mrs. told the Monarch about the old-schooler's plan which is how he knew to do this timed with the lunar eclipse. But how did they know about the lunar eclipse thing?

Edit: What if Blue Morpho was killed on Dr. Venture's behalf?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 16, 2016

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

thrakkorzog posted:

It's kind of ambiguous. It could be that Mrs. Z was hanging around with Dr. Z, but Dr. Z was so busy chasing after the Quests that he didn't notice the hot piece of rear end right beside him giving him signals, so she just figured he was gay. It could be that he was just a straight guy with a single minded obsession, and missed some really obvious clues in pursuit of his plans.

When he stepped back and reassessed his life, he married Mrs. Z, basically his Ms. Moneypenny, but by then it was too late for them to have kids.

I'm not saying that it's definitive one way or the other that he's gay. But it's not that far fetched to think that Dr. Z was just a socially awkward straight guy, and his wife just assumed he was gay for missing what she thought were obvious clues. It's not like socially awkward guys are some new frontier for this show.

I think after the last episode, we can safely say Dr. Z was anything but socially awkward. Maybe he turned gay after his incident? It's been bothering him for 40 years.

"I performed every known sexual act that night. I mean everything! I don't know if he did a switcheroo or just had a super-duper costume but I made tender yet purely accidental love to the Blue Morpho."

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

TK-42-1 posted:

I thought they mentioned he was banned because of the god-gas debacle.

No, that was the radiation vacuum where the demo unit made it's own mess.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Dazerbeams posted:

I think after the last episode, we can safely say Dr. Z was anything but socially awkward. Maybe he turned gay after his incident? It's been bothering him for 40 years.

"I performed every known sexual act that night. I mean everything! I don't know if he did a switcheroo or just had a super-duper costume but I made tender yet purely accidental love to the Blue Morpho."

Honestly, this might be one of my favourite lines from this season.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

ErichZahn posted:

No, that was the radiation vacuum where the demo unit made it's own mess.

The Vacuum Boom Broom. A nuclear-powered autonomous-vacuum that leaked radiation everywhere. Which it immediately cleaned up, because it was such a good vacuum.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

axleblaze posted:

I think she thought it was Rusty but she still wasn't 100% and wanted to do it by the book rather than flat out murder him.

This, plus, she even says he's a wimp, using an extreme example of cowardice I can't recall.

She's consistently one of the more grounded, common sense-using characters on the show. She's trying to make a sound decision, rather than an emotional one with heavy consequences.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

So was rusty talking to the guy from faith no more in this episode?

Heh. I think we all know the answer to that. Wink.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 16, 2016

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Also, I only caught it on rewatch but Rusty officially called it a doctail. Is there a list of all of them?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Red posted:

This, plus, she even says he's a wimp, using an extreme example of cowardice I can't recall.

Standing on a chair because of a cockroach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'll be frank, for the entire episode I thought that they we're cribbing from American Hustle with the multiple narrators with individual plotlines weaving through them.Just goes to show I need to watch Goodfellas again.