Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Drythe if I wanted to read idiotic rants from official forums I'd go visit them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Oh man is that actually true? You can't get higher than T4 horse through breeding right now? :(

Noooooooooo.

Well, I guess we have enough time to get a fleet of high level t4s by the expansion.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Took the advice to get out of Velia. Heidel is a cool little town that will absolutely mindfuck overload you with quests. I'm gonna be busy.

I'm convinced nobody who can invite to GoonTang actually plays, they just AFK fish. I have yet to get a response to a private chat. Oh well its not like I'd be contributing much yet.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Jackard posted:

Drythe if I wanted to read idiotic rants from official forums I'd go visit them

But then you'd have to sift through the lame, low-effort idiotic rants to find the true gems! Drythe's just giving us the curated, high-quality collection here.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Estraysian posted:

Hows the NA ping if you play from Europe? I assume there's no actual EU goon guild.
170 from Sweden, occassional hitching but nothing unbearable.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Taran posted:

But then you'd have to sift through the lame, low-effort idiotic rants to find the true gems! Drythe's just giving us the curated, high-quality collection here.

I sift through poop so you don't have to!

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

kalstrams posted:

170 from Sweden, occassional hitching but nothing unbearable.

Great, that's where I'm from too and I can live with 170.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Drythe posted:

Thank you for your service.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Please, I'm no drinkfist

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Drythe posted:

Please, I'm no drinkfist

thank for your service

in other news im playingt an excellent snes game called terranigma. think secret of mana with a well written story. how did this never make it to the us, i dont understand

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Blazing Zero posted:

in other news im playingt an excellent snes game called terranigma. think secret of mana with a well written story. how did this never make it to the us, i dont understand

The internet has been perplexed by this fact for a very long time. Welcome to the fray.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Drythe posted:

At least quote/bold the choice bits instead of the entire thing. Pick the corn outta your poop! :arghfist:

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Horizontal Tree posted:

I'm convinced nobody who can invite to GoonTang actually plays, they just AFK fish. I have yet to get a response to a private chat. Oh well its not like I'd be contributing much yet.

Same, pretty much.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I think most of the officers work in the day EST time

Jackard posted:

At least quote/bold the choice bits instead of the entire thing. Pick the corn outta your poop! :arghfist:

The entire thing is the choice bit.

The brown sea is full of crazies

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Drythe posted:

The entire thing is the choice bit.

The brown sea is full of crazies

Urban Sea; you mean.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

I dropped Terranigma when it wouldn't let me land a biplane on the world map and the remaining save was really old

Also it didn't have a journal (like most old rpgs) so I forgot what was going on

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Kaedric posted:

Same, pretty much.

Did either of you guys whisper me? I was afk for a bit this morning (cats, vet, ugh).

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Drythe posted:

You're performing a valuable public service tbh.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Horizontal Tree posted:

Took the advice to get out of Velia. Heidel is a cool little town that will absolutely mindfuck overload you with quests. I'm gonna be busy.

Is there a reason people say to GTFO of Velia? It's the only/main spot for potatoes that I can see and it has decent AFK fishing spots nearby.

I mean sure it's a clusterfuck and the quests are sucky but in terms of workers/nodes/whatever I don't get the hate.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Horizontal Tree posted:

I'm convinced nobody who can invite to GoonTang actually plays, they just AFK fish. I have yet to get a response to a private chat.

Already addressed, most people at work during the day, etc.

Though I do wish there was some way to note yourself AFK in this game, since there's so much incentive to be AFK which causes issues like this.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, some way to mark yourself AFK (to at least your guild) would be kind of nice.

If you want a guild invite, it might be a good idea to wait in mumble and ask occasionally if an officer is around. If no one responds to that question then the answer is probably no.

Amergin posted:

Is there a reason people say to GTFO of Velia? It's the only/main spot for potatoes that I can see and it has decent AFK fishing spots nearby.

I mean sure it's a clusterfuck and the quests are sucky but in terms of workers/nodes/whatever I don't get the hate.

Nothing wrong with Velia but there is a whoooole lot more to the world than it, and when it comes to crafting/gathering operations it is actually kind of small.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Amergin posted:

It gets too much hate. Velia is fine. It's just that every other city is better in terms of housing options and worker production. The worst part about Velia isn't really a problem with Velia. It's the completionist mind set. There are so many quests in Velia that it is easy to burn out there, but this is also the case in every other city too. Velia just happens to be the first one most people encounter.

In regards to potatoes specifically, there is a node for them close to Heidel I think. There are also multiple wheat nodes near Heidel which can be used as a potato substitute when making beer iirc.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Amergin posted:

I still use some Velia nodes, but depending on your production and network, there are better connections, and eventually you're going to need the higher tier number of maxed buildings in other, larger cities.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity
I havn't really noticed a major downside to it yet, and with all of the cities now connected on my map, I've pretty much centralized 99% of my work in Calpheon. There is a little bit of travel time for some nodes, but in the grand scheme it doesn't seem to make a big difference.

I have 2 workers in heidel, velia, etc. etc. to do one off / specific stuff... but in general everything comes out of Calpheon.

Unless I'm really missing something, this has made it a heck of a lot easier to manage my CP's, workers, and warehousing.

edit: and because everythings connected, if I do want to craft in another town, shipping from Calph is super cheap.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

There's just better options available, and moving locations after a lot of storage and cp investments can be time consuming.

Questing and mob level ranges follow a linear path and Velia is at the beginning of that. The closer to Calpheon you can get, the better off you'll probably be.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rivv posted:

I havn't really noticed a major downside to it yet, and with all of the cities now connected on my map, I've pretty much centralized 99% of my work in Calpheon. There is a little bit of travel time for some nodes, but in the grand scheme it doesn't seem to make a big difference.

I have 2 workers in heidel, velia, etc. etc. to do one off / specific stuff... but in general everything comes out of Calpheon.

Unless I'm really missing something, this has made it a heck of a lot easier to manage my CP's, workers, and warehousing.

edit: and because everythings connected, if I do want to craft in another town, shipping from Calph is super cheap.

I've done the exact same thing. I could squeeze out a little more silver by de-centralizing, but it's not worth the effort. Calpheon is where I do all my powders, crates, weapon stones, beer, investing, etc.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xavier434 posted:

It gets too much hate. Velia is fine. It's just that every other city is better in terms of housing options and worker production. The worst part about Velia isn't really a problem with Velia. It's the completionist mind set. There are so many quests in Velia that it is easy to burn out there, but this is also the case in every other city too. Velia just happens to be the first one most people encounter.

In regards to potatoes specifically, there is a node for them close to Heidel I think. There are also multiple wheat nodes near Heidel which can be used as a potato substitute when making beer iirc.

Velia is a great place to set up a low to mid level operation but I can already see it's limitations vice heidel/calpheon. The number of available workshops/houses will eventually gimp you.

But as a level 15-25? It's perfect really for the amount of contribution points you have. Most of what you need is either there, or within farting distance.

EDIT: As stupid as it sounds fumbling through the setup of my boat operation has taught me more about nodes/farming/workers than any stupid guide has.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

I still use some Velia nodes, but depending on your production and network, there are better connections, and eventually you're going to need the higher tier number of maxed buildings in other, larger cities.

Exactly this. Here's the housing spreadsheet many people have been using -- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17lJz7GmI0ilEMpDRplh_GdUp22a4ixwQiqxablhUa_4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
Note the starred buildings in certain towns, and how few of them are in the entire country of Balenos. Certain places are just better for certain things -- Epheria Port for boats, Glish for tools, etc.

Also, moving out of Velia means you no longer have to deal with That Obnoxious Shai whenever you're at the warehouse.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Taran posted:

Exactly this. Here's the housing spreadsheet many people have been using -- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17lJz7GmI0ilEMpDRplh_GdUp22a4ixwQiqxablhUa_4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
Note the starred buildings in certain towns, and how few of them are in the entire country of Balenos. Certain places are just better for certain things -- Epheria Port for boats, Glish for tools, etc.

Also, moving out of Velia means you no longer have to deal with That Obnoxious Shai whenever you're at the warehouse.

THE SHAI PLEASES THE STIMPIRE

But also yes that spreadsheet was wonderful and helpful and saved me a LOT of searching.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Re Velia vs Heidel: from my nooby perspective, its mostly just more quests, more options, more housing. Much larger variety overall and definitely more interesting quests then Velia. I can see why people want to bypass Velia asap and don't want to set up shop there. I want the contribution points I put there back... Gonna be annoying to reclaim them and move them South to a better area.

Also I don't believe the Guild leads have jobs, they ARE involved in an MMO after all.
Being able to "/afk" in chat to put a little indicator over your head + next to your name in friends/guild list, and an autoreply to 1:1 messages would be amazing.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Taran posted:

I'll be honest, that shai brings a smile to my face every time.

"GOD DAMNIT"

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Jackard posted:

I dropped Terranigma when it wouldn't let me land a biplane on the world map and the remaining save was really old

Also it didn't have a journal (like most old rpgs) so I forgot what was going on

ive never played before cause i didnt know it existed. there's no way i dont finish this other than an act of god

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Ok I bought the game. I look forward to playing with the wushu refugees for the 2 weeks we play this game.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

lewtt posted:

so I've been basically unable to play the game at all since 6pm, since their servers now decide to boot me anywhere between 30 secs to 5 mins after I log in. the lag has just escalated to outright kicking me out
hoping this maintenance fixes it, it since its a seemingly common issue

btw, cancelclass prime is ranger. five part series from a guy who doesn't understand volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeCeP9Olbc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5NNzunUCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQcomFJhqoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilYWchLWDGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTgezfIqevU

Ugh, this appears to be happening to me now. What fixed it for you?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

need translation

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Who can I whisper to be part of a cool guy guild because I am feeling lonesome

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
That depends. If you're on Orwen (Balenos 02) and want to hang out with ParksAndRec, send a message to Muldin.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Oh my god I can't finish character creation.

OH MY GOOOOOD... The server booted me mid creation. :negative:

randombattle fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 16, 2016

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

randombattle posted:

:same:

It's so intimidating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

randombattle posted:

OH MY GOOOOOD... The server booted me mid creation. :negative:

Did you at least save your progress?