Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Trump losing Ohio but picking up most of Illinois is kind of a wash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Slowpoke! posted:

Is this due to gerrymandering? It is a huge problem in North Carolina too, and you see it all the way down to the local level for drawing up school districts.

a lot of it is gerrymandering, but off the top of my head, texan hispanics being a) not registered to vote in large amounts and b) the ones who are registered more likely to be conservative than registered hispanics in many other states, along with texan whites being more conservative than the average white american, are other factors that make turning texas blue harder than just moving the hispanic slider on this website (which uses national averages for racial partisanship) and watching texas turn blue would indicate
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/08/26/demographics_and_the_2016_election_scenarios.html

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm the victimization

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

millworker dad > mailman dad

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
more than 50% left

how much of my dark heart must I tear out for trump to eek out a victory in OH

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

if sanders was the best form of revolutionary politics so far, we are already dead

vote trump

I can't be an rear end in a top hat to my real friends, let me be an rear end in a top hat about these dumb people I will never talk to

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

john kasich looks older than his headshot
Everyone does :confused:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mr Hootington posted:

she couldn't even give me a straight answer when I asked about star wars. Christie, Cruz and rubio did

Yeah she's a politician, unlike those wads

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Yoshifan823 posted:

I can't be an rear end in a top hat to my real friends, let me be an rear end in a top hat about these dumb people I will never talk to

americanvoter.txt

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Both of the Republicans have said in their speech that the Lord made today happen.

Would have been interesting if Hillary had said the same.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Joementum posted:

Both of the Republicans have said in their speech that the Lord made today happen.

I hope Trump says that THE PEOPLE made tonight happen

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
This is why Kasich never can win anything nationally. He just really used the phrase Shock and Awe as if that didn't have terrible connotations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Missouri is getting real loving interesting.

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Epic High Five posted:

Voter ID laws, gerrymandering, pretty much every kind of fuckery you can imagine because they're smart enough to know that Texas may end up being their last stand, in the state whose most relevant historical moment involved a bunch of white people being massacred by Mexicans.

How does that work when electoral votes are assigned based on the popular vote? Did you mean to say that it may have a Dem popular vote but still have majority-R reps in the house?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Did he just call himself a little lady?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

Missouri is getting real loving interesting.

I figure Trump edges it out, which is too bad

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

John Kasich channeling Mr. Rogers

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

pathetic little tramp posted:

This is why Kasich never can win anything nationally. He just really used the phrase Shock and Awe as if that didn't have terrible connotations.

He's a low energy guy, a real loser

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TYT has been a fun little side attraction for this campaign. They can't even turn off the snarky anger during speeches. They just sit there MST3King them. I'm a liberal and I love laughing AT these guys.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Did Kasich just tell me to court my hot elderly widow neighbor?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kasich means to milk this for all its worth, because he knows this kind of opportunity ain't coming up again.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

greenpapers took down their CD-by-CD tracker for illinois http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/IL-R

hmm. their missouri one is still running, though - and trump is leading in every CD for which they have votes
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/MO-R

yeah, this is a good night for trump, as good as anything where he didn't win ohio could've been

unless, you know, he wins ohio. dehumanize self, bloodshed-face, etc

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

Just keeping Obama's policies going

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
So who's the better candidate if you're an accelerationist, Trump or Clinton

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
If Trump comes out of MO with 20-25 delegates and out of IL with what looks like almost all of them, he crushes the night.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Red Dress? What the gently caress is he talking about?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

by s4p logic she'll be declaring that's she's an athiest Jew in about 10 minutes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This speech blows. I keep drifting off and catching only the back-end of his metaphors. What the gently caress was the dress thing about?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What was that quote about taking someone out to a dinner and her wearing a dress for the first time in 6 months?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The pirate MSNBC stream guy is buckled up!

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Missouri is really slow at counting

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
"this is all I got"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

This dude thinks he's George Bailey

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

I'm sure the POTUS engaging in childish mockery instead of running the country will be a great help to his party

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Ew. Kasich's "aw shucks" routine is insufferable

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Kasich is so full of poo poo, capitalism with a human face.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Kasich's going to Philly?

THIS EAGLES OFFSEASON JUST GETS CRAZIER AND CRAZIER!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Nobody (including me) knows what the gently caress that red dress comment was about because he's putting us to loving sleep.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Red Dress? What the gently caress is he talking about?

Turns out this entire election campaign is a bizarre delivery mechanism for a sequel to the Gene Wilder sex-comedy Woman in Red.

Makes about as much sense as anything else this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

This speech blows. I keep drifting off and catching only the back-end of his metaphors. What the gently caress was the dress thing about?

Kasich is just a weird dad you're slightly embarrassed to have your friends meet.

• Locked thread