Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Helsing posted:

Apparently Kevin D. Williamson of the National Review has opinions on Trump and Trump supporters. Still behind a paywall but this screenshot is circulating:

This guy has been freaking out about the unworthiness of of white Americans for a while now but I think comparing Trump to Oxy is a new one for the GOP establishment. You can tell they're all really feeling good about the primary.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Maoist Pussy posted:

I want an avatar like my old one except it is Donald Trump in a Roman equites helmet and he is smashing globalism, liberalism and cultural degeneracy.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

pot, kettle

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrnhxWmsD4g

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Trump's official fascebook linked this video but then it got taken down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyj_56w2FGc

e: I almost mispelt facebook as fascesbook, which is hilarious in this context.

The Saurus has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Mar 16, 2016

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

It's so terrifying seeing apparently intelligent young people unironically parroting dumb Trump talking points. But it just goes to prove one of my core bits of life philosophy, which is that being intelligent does not in fact inoculate someone from belief in staggeringly moronic nonsense, and in fact may leave them vulnerable to particular types of it. Like how anarcho-capitalism appeals to a bunch of otherwise brilliant college students, or how a lot of dominionists are actually quite smart people. Intelligence can be, and often is put to service for moronic ideas. If an intelligent person takes their own intelligence as a sign of their superior ability in seeking out the truth, they're probably gonna roll around in the poop, metaphorically speaking.
It takes humility, self-awareness, and empathy to avoid being suckered into a chronically stupid set of ideas; Trump supporters lack all three, as we've seen in this very thread, with people like Saurus and Boosted showing their total disinterest in the value and basic human dignity of people that are not like them. Which is more than just psychopathic - it's stupid. and I don't care that this might not be an effective line against the Trumpeters, who revel in their cosmic denseness. I just want to take the opportunity to state my unfiltered opinion of these people, because they're exhausting. They were amusing before, but the reaction to what happened in Chicago and to Trump's incitement to violence shows just how ugly they are on a moral level. This is not funny anymore, people, it's horrifying. It shows that at least a solid 25% of the American voting body are loving barbarians. My mother always said the percentage of the population that are irredeemable assholes is around 15%, but nope, it's 25%, clearly. Now, they might have their reasons, and they might have been hosed over repeatedly by sociopathic free trade loving rich bastards in both parties, but that does not excuse what we've seen and heard from them, and it does not excuse their support of Trump. I don't care to compare Trump to Hitler or any other fascist, racist nationalist, or cult of personality. What matters is that he's a toxic, divisive figure that endorses the dumbest poo poo consistently. For every reasonable opinion he has, he has twenty batshit insane opinions. He wouldn't make America great again - look at what people are saying about him around the world. I mean, I know that the Trumpeters and Republicans in general have a bloody-minded unwillingness to factor in the opinions of the rest of the world, but it matters. We have to elect a leader the rest of the world will respect, and Trump is not that leader. They all think he's a loving clown, and he wouldn't prove them wrong. A world leader worthy of respect would not brag about their penis on national television. But I guess this sort of thing is part of the appeal for the Trumpeters. They want a candidate that shares their values, and Trump's gutter rhetoric confirms to them that he is their man. Still, they have no consideration for how Trump's rhetoric might come off to anyone else, and there we see the lack of awareness and the lack of empathy on full display. We say to them "don't you see how it might bother some people that Trump wants to institute a religious test on who's allowed to enter the country?" and they respond with something like "lol, Muslim-loving liberal". We ask about The Wall, and they repeat Trump's assertion that Mexico would pay for it, absent any rational reason why this would end up coming to pass. We point out his history of misogynistic and racist statements, and they say "gently caress PC". Like the whole PC thing wasn't a Rush Limbaugh talking point in the beginning, which of course it was, and it was never, ever about anything other than white men being upset about being unable to sexually harass women and say the n-word. Others have taken up the charge in response to a small group of idiot slacktivists with too much time on their hands and a poor understanding of what a microaggression is; they claim that these dumb kids are the real problem, in a classic instance of false equivalency. Yet the number of what have been termed "SJWs" is dwarfed by the number of people frustrated that they have to say racist, sexist, and homophobic things in coded language, and even there may be called out. They could realize that saying hurtful and demeaning things about people for aspects that they have no control over is a thing assholes do, but they'd rather continue being assholes and whine about how their free speech is being suppressed. Maybe you could, I dunno, stop saying demeaning poo poo to people, and if you say something that someone finds insulting, have an honest conversation rather than getting defensive? Nah, that's clearly too much work. Easier to pretend you're the real victim, and this big bad PC culture is bullying you, telling you that you can't "tell it like it is" (and really, when has "tell it like it is" NOT been used to refer to someone shameless enough to say the offensive poo poo others are restrained from saying because they know the consequences?). It's endlessly depressing to me how many intelligent people adopt this anti-PC rhetoric. Maybe it's uncharitable to suggest that they all want to call women cunts. Some, I assume, are sincere free speech advocates. But those people should be aware of whom they're making common cause with, and it's an ugly group. It's amazing to me how it doesn't bother people when they make common cause with giant assholes. It bothers me that Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris are out there speaking for atheism, and that Cornel West and Al Sharpton are out there speaking about racial injustice. It doesn't mean that they don't have some valid points, but I won't defend the rear end in a top hat saying them or the excesses of their rhetoric. The most reasonable Trumpeters seem to have no compunction defending the worst among their brethren, and of course defending or brushing off the verbal diarrhea emitting from the mouth of their candidate.

source you are quotes

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

Disclaimer: I am a former Bernout turned reluctant Clinton supporter, and a white male probably straight autistic atheist about to get a BA in Psychology, so this is pretty much throwing stones while living in a glass house.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Helsing posted:

Apparently Kevin D. Williamson of the National Review has opinions on Trump and Trump supporters. Still behind a paywall but this screenshot is circulating:

This guy has been freaking out about the unworthiness of of white Americans for a while now but I think comparing Trump to Oxy is a new one for the GOP establishment. You can tell they're all really feeling good about the primary.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why the Republican establishment is hemorrhaging voters!:downs:

Seriously, though, yikes - calling that piece unbelievably tin-eared doesn't do it justice. As much as I don't like a lot of what Trump's movement stands for, even I think that's going way too far.

I guess it's good to reminded that the GOPe hasn't lost its complete inability to empathize with those less fortunate than itself.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

also do not sass cornell west you aspie gently caress

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Majorian posted:

I guess it's good to reminded that the GOPe and the limousine liberals haven't lost their complete inability to empathize with those less fortunate than themselves.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

im sorry for cussing you about cornel west insanityiscrazy, i didnt realize your switcheroo

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

quote:

the excesses of their rhetoric

This entire election is just a giant tone argument, isn't it.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

im sorry for cussing you about cornel west insanityiscrazy, i didnt realize your switcheroo

twernt nothin, hoss

InsanityIsCrazy has issued a correction as of 00:54 on Mar 16, 2016

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Maoist Pussy posted:

This entire election is just a giant tone argument, isn't it.

It's literally this.

I was talking to a coworker about how Trump is more progressive than Hillary today and this girl butted in with "No he's not, HE'S A RACIST!".

When I said "So is Hillary" she said "Yeah but at least she keeps it quiet instead of shouting it out there" :psyduck:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
I think the violence among Bernie supporters in Chicago on Friday torpedoed his campaign today in the primaries? Clinton is crushing it.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Florida just called for the God Emperor.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ah the only 2 states he was ever gonna carry were missouri and illinois and i havent seen them report yet

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

The Saurus posted:

It's literally this.

I was talking to a coworker about how Trump is more progressive than Hillary today and this girl butted in with "No he's not, HE'S A RACIST!".

When I said "So is Hillary" she said "Yeah but at least she keeps it quiet instead of shouting it out there" :psyduck:

LMAO

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
All I see is Rubio on tv crying like a little bitch

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

The Saurus posted:

It's literally this.

How is Hillary a racist?

I'm not arguing that she's not - I really wanna know.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Alucard Nacirema posted:

All I see is liddle Rubio on tv crying like a bitch

Fixed

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I want to see what Trump looks like with a normal haircut and no makeup

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

RaceBannon posted:

How is Hillary a racist?

"Super predators" that she must "bring to heel" while talking about young black men aged 18-25.

That's the most egregious I know of, but there is much more.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

It's so terrifying seeing apparently intelligent young people unironically parroting dumb Trump talking points. But it just goes to prove one of my core bits of life philosophy, which is that being intelligent does not in fact inoculate someone from belief in staggeringly moronic nonsense, and in fact may leave them vulnerable to particular types of it. Like how anarcho-capitalism appeals to a bunch of otherwise brilliant college students, or how a lot of dominionists are actually quite smart people. Intelligence can be, and often is put to service for moronic ideas. If an intelligent person takes their own intelligence as a sign of their superior ability in seeking out the truth, they're probably gonna roll around in the poop, metaphorically speaking.
It takes humility, self-awareness, and empathy to avoid being suckered into a chronically stupid set of ideas; Trump supporters lack all three, as we've seen in this very thread, with people like Saurus and Boosted showing their total disinterest in the value and basic human dignity of people that are not like them. Which is more than just psychopathic - it's stupid. and I don't care that this might not be an effective line against the Trumpeters, who revel in their cosmic denseness. I just want to take the opportunity to state my unfiltered opinion of these people, because they're exhausting. They were amusing before, but the reaction to what happened in Chicago and to Trump's incitement to violence shows just how ugly they are on a moral level. This is not funny anymore, people, it's horrifying. It shows that at least a solid 25% of the American voting body are loving barbarians. My mother always said the percentage of the population that are irredeemable assholes is around 15%, but nope, it's 25%, clearly. Now, they might have their reasons, and they might have been hosed over repeatedly by sociopathic free trade loving rich bastards in both parties, but that does not excuse what we've seen and heard from them, and it does not excuse their support of Trump. I don't care to compare Trump to Hitler or any other fascist, racist nationalist, or cult of personality. What matters is that he's a toxic, divisive figure that endorses the dumbest poo poo consistently. For every reasonable opinion he has, he has twenty batshit insane opinions. He wouldn't make America great again - look at what people are saying about him around the world. I mean, I know that the Trumpeters and Republicans in general have a bloody-minded unwillingness to factor in the opinions of the rest of the world, but it matters. We have to elect a leader the rest of the world will respect, and Trump is not that leader. They all think he's a loving clown, and he wouldn't prove them wrong. A world leader worthy of respect would not brag about their penis on national television. But I guess this sort of thing is part of the appeal for the Trumpeters. They want a candidate that shares their values, and Trump's gutter rhetoric confirms to them that he is their man. Still, they have no consideration for how Trump's rhetoric might come off to anyone else, and there we see the lack of awareness and the lack of empathy on full display. We say to them "don't you see how it might bother some people that Trump wants to institute a religious test on who's allowed to enter the country?" and they respond with something like "lol, Muslim-loving liberal". We ask about The Wall, and they repeat Trump's assertion that Mexico would pay for it, absent any rational reason why this would end up coming to pass. We point out his history of misogynistic and racist statements, and they say "gently caress PC". Like the whole PC thing wasn't a Rush Limbaugh talking point in the beginning, which of course it was, and it was never, ever about anything other than white men being upset about being unable to sexually harass women and say the n-word. Others have taken up the charge in response to a small group of idiot slacktivists with too much time on their hands and a poor understanding of what a microaggression is; they claim that these dumb kids are the real problem, in a classic instance of false equivalency. Yet the number of what have been termed "SJWs" is dwarfed by the number of people frustrated that they have to say racist, sexist, and homophobic things in coded language, and even there may be called out. They could realize that saying hurtful and demeaning things about people for aspects that they have no control over is a thing assholes do, but they'd rather continue being assholes and whine about how their free speech is being suppressed. Maybe you could, I dunno, stop saying demeaning poo poo to people, and if you say something that someone finds insulting, have an honest conversation rather than getting defensive? Nah, that's clearly too much work. Easier to pretend you're the real victim, and this big bad PC culture is bullying you, telling you that you can't "tell it like it is" (and really, when has "tell it like it is" NOT been used to refer to someone shameless enough to say the offensive poo poo others are restrained from saying because they know the consequences?). It's endlessly depressing to me how many intelligent people adopt this anti-PC rhetoric. Maybe it's uncharitable to suggest that they all want to call women cunts. Some, I assume, are sincere free speech advocates. But those people should be aware of whom they're making common cause with, and it's an ugly group. It's amazing to me how it doesn't bother people when they make common cause with giant assholes. It bothers me that Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris are out there speaking for atheism, and that Cornel West and Al Sharpton are out there speaking about racial injustice. It doesn't mean that they don't have some valid points, but I won't defend the rear end in a top hat saying them or the excesses of their rhetoric. The most reasonable Trumpeters seem to have no compunction defending the worst among their brethren, and of course defending or brushing off the verbal diarrhea emitting from the mouth of their candidate.

Disclaimer: I am a former Bernout turned reluctant Clinton supporter, and a white male probably straight autistic atheist about to get a BA in Psychology, so this is pretty much throwing stones while living in a glass house.

TLDR - I can't stand Trump or his supporters anymore, and I don't really care if the SA Trump supporters are trolling, I prefer to think they're serious about being giant pricks. gently caress 'em.

:words:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RaceBannon posted:

How is Hillary a racist?

superpredators

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Wheeee posted:

I want to see what Trump looks like with a normal haircut and no makeup

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Kasich is like that fat guy in parks & recreations. I think his name was Larry.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Immortan posted:

Florida just called for the God Emperor.

Hahahaha. Poor marco.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Alucard Nacirema posted:

All I see is Rubio on tv crying like a little bitch

At the very least, this election cycle has brought us two things:

Stumping of the foolish quac bowl merchant

Rubio crying like a little bitch.

Now someone take down :shillary: please

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

RaceBannon posted:

How is Hillary a racist?

superpredators

goldwater girl

robert byrd

three strikes law

war on drugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqLfvQfuvsA

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Trump's twitter is saying he won NC?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Immortan posted:

Trump's twitter is saying he won NC?

yup. just projected

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Helical Nightmares posted:

At the very least, this election cycle has brought us two things:

Stumping of the foolish quac bowl merchant

Rubio crying like a little bitch.

Now someone take down :shillary: please

Politicians are a cancer. Trump is the cure.

blakangel
Mar 28, 2004
broken reflection on the surface of never
BREAKING NEWS: LOWTAX VOTED FOR TRUMP

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Out of Walker, Jindal, Jeb, Rubio, Christie, and whoever else was an establishment candidate, I really did not expect Kasich to be the Last Man Standing.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

blakangel posted:

BREAKING NEWS: LOWTAX VOTED FOR TRUMP

proof?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://ballotpedia.org/Our_Principles_PAC

So this is a thing that exists, lol.

I like the fact that being for universal healthcare, calling the GOP "crazy", and not wanting to throw ALL of the immigrants out is a "bad thing".

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

EngineerSean posted:

Out of Walker, Jindal, Jeb, Rubio, Christie, and whoever else was an establishment candidate, I really did not expect Kasich to be the Last Man Standing.

I did. He's from Ohio. He just exists purposeless forever. That is what Ohio people do.

• Locked thread