Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Sometimes you get it in /shout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

petcarcharodon posted:

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

petcarcharodon posted:

Is that what you're calling it now?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
MSQ roulette put me in a dungeon that I didn't recognize today which doesn't make any sense. I was confused til the last guy loaded in and it revealed that it was Praetorium. That explained everything. I still ended up completely missing the fight with Nero because I was too slow. And I ended up getting a cutscene because I'd missed the one after you kill Nero last time too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

petcarcharodon posted:

:dogbutton:

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
That feel when you forget to check if the person requesting melds is requesting melds for the right jewelry.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Frustrated right now because a tornado (or at least crazy winds and rain) knocked out my internet and my cable television :(

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I had done my dailies earlier.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

petcarcharodon posted:

Cow tits? Does she have a loving udder?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Talkc posted:

Cow tits? Does she have a loving udder?

They just might. ERPers are weird as hell.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
I thought the people doing nonstop yells of egg jokes for 2 hours in gridania was bad.

At least no one was talking about yolking on another persons tits.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Just finished the ALC 50 job quest, its really a bittersweet wrap up to that questline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unuEmjBX6ls

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

FaintlyQuaint posted:

That feel when you forget to check if the person requesting melds is requesting melds for the right jewelry.

<<yikes>>

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

petcarcharodon posted:

Look at this scrub-tier second-person perspective poo poo

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Jia posted:

Clearly aren't willing to use first person and own up to their fetishes. :colbert:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I have still never seen anyone ERP on Excalibur. I know I'm in the minority, but... feels good, man. :coal:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't seen people ERP yet, but I have seen a person called "Naka Dash" shouting in some areas.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
He used to be Naka Dashi, so I'm guessing he got an enforced name change that..wasn't enforced all that strictly.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

A friend of mine got away with using this name long enough to level four jobs to 50 then quit the game.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5481175/

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I'm enjoying the thinly-veiled Jesus allegories in this anime catgirl holiday.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'm enjoying the hilarity of watching a dozen people chase a giant egg around.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jia posted:

Not to mention the inconsistent verb tenses. That's just shameful.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I had some fun times playing the feast last night. I've decided WAR is the best class for it just to get some berserk fell cleaves in (tank queues are short too). With a little encouragement I decided to pick an enemy WHM and followed him the entire match. He spent the entire time running away from me on the outside of the arena and not able to heal his teammates. While I didn't kill him the rest of his party members started dying at an astronomical rate because they weren't getting healed and the party won pretty easily. I made a joke in FC chat about how bad the healer was, and then in my next queue, I got placed on the same team with that healer.

The feast is a great way to get quick tomes and wolves' marks. Admittedly healing it is super difficult and essentially requires 2 ASTs to be competitive. Yoship is making adjustments to make healing a bit easier though: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/278202-3.2-PvP-Feast-Game-Mode-Discussion-Thread.?p=3620950&viewfull=1#post3620950

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'm more impressed by them having full crafted gear.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

seiferguy posted:

I had some fun times playing the feast last night. I've decided WAR is the best class for it just to get some berserk fell cleaves in (tank queues are short too). With a little encouragement I decided to pick an enemy WHM and followed him the entire match. He spent the entire time running away from me on the outside of the arena and not able to heal his teammates. While I didn't kill him the rest of his party members started dying at an astronomical rate because they weren't getting healed and the party won pretty easily. I made a joke in FC chat about how bad the healer was, and then in my next queue, I got placed on the same team with that healer.

The feast is a great way to get quick tomes and wolves' marks. Admittedly healing it is super difficult and essentially requires 2 ASTs to be competitive. Yoship is making adjustments to make healing a bit easier though: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/278202-3.2-PvP-Feast-Game-Mode-Discussion-Thread.?p=3620950&viewfull=1#post3620950

They're gonna "adjust" SMN. I guess the dream is over.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Verranicus posted:

They're gonna "adjust" SMN. I guess the dream is over.

They'll probably just nerf deathflare PVP potency a bit. The dot comment is more concerning though...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I could see them taking the healing received debuff away from Miasma.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Unrelated to PVP talk:

I'm the fisher she's complaining about, I remember her complaining. Is she full of poo poo? This happened over a week ago and no GM has ever been in touch with me about my gathering in Diadem.

Fister Roboto posted:

I could see them taking the healing received debuff away from Miasma.

Nothing will ever die if they do that.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 16, 2016

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

This gif is hilarious. What is it from specifically?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Dragon Quest event. You would like ze puff-puff?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
This question was probably answered and I missed it. Does this table still hold up where Midas drops are concerned?

Minrad posted:

here is the optimal loot strat for Alexander if you want a full set by week 5, courtesy of Dudude Dude.

Verranicus posted:

Unrelated to PVP talk:

I'm the fisher she's complaining about, I remember her complaining. Is she full of poo poo? This happened over a week ago and no GM has ever been in touch with me about my gathering in Diadem.

Nothing will ever die if they do that.

Yeah, that poo poo annoys me too, especially since I'm going there to farm my pegasus now, but whatcha gonna do? :shrug:

Captain Oblivious posted:

This gif is hilarious. What is it from specifically?

DQ crossover event, I *think*.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 16, 2016

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
anyone who doesnt remember ze puff puff never did it or is lying

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Yeah, that poo poo annoys me too, especially since I'm going there to farm my pegasus now, but whatcha gonna do? :shrug:

If it makes you feel better I'm not on Excalibur or even the same data center, so it's unlikely I've ever been in a group with a goon.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Coming soon, only to a JP e-store near you.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Iron Tusk posted:

Coming soon, only to a JP e-store near you.

Damnit Yoshi-p, where's MY Fat Cat?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

This question was probably answered and I missed it. Does this table still hold up where Midas drops are concerned?

DQ crossover event, I *think*.

No not really. That was based on immediate weapon availability, where this cycle you have to wait 7 weeks (unless you gitgud). So you've got 4 week of Lore stuff to weave in.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You don't get a bolt from the quest but it's still (one of) the quickest ways to get all the Prototype Midan gear. I would personally suggest skipping the Shafts entirely though, since unless you're capable of getting a High-Capacity Tomestone through killing A6S you can just pick up your Lore Chest after two weeks of capping Lore, at which point the Prototype Midan Chest is essentially useless.

E: Springs are also sourced from A8 in addition to A7 so you can just replace Shafts with Springs and get your Legs in two weeks instead of four weeks.

Smart Car fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 16, 2016

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Just get whatever, by the time you get your Lore weapon you'll have bought chest/legs, and you'll have gotten enough Midas drops to fill out the rest of your slots.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

There is only one morbidly obese cat for me

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017JTGQK2/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_gYNqwb0TVC0W6

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Verranicus posted:

If it makes you feel better I'm not on Excalibur or even the same data center, so it's unlikely I've ever been in a group with a goon.

Don't get me wrong here, I may be annoyed, but I just put up with it. Part of the cost of DFing Diadem runs. I knew I should have run them like hell back when they were new... =(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

hobbesmaster posted:

They'll probably just nerf deathflare PVP potency a bit. The dot comment is more concerning though...

Yeah, honestly, I don't think SMN dot potency contributes to too many KOs. The main thing dots are used for is to add to the burst damage of fester. The Ruin 3 buff is what made SMN super OP in PVP. First time I tried it, I snagged 7 KOs with 260k damage :stare: It's almost too easy too: Tri-disaster > Fester > Painflare > Energy Drain > DWT > Ruin 3 till Deathflare.

It's funny that their burst is so good in PvP because their burst in PvE is somewhat lacking.

• Locked thread