Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

AceRimmer posted:

How the gently caress is Saudi Arabia supposed to take over Israel exactly? :psyduck:

Fabricate on Sinai and wait for the US to be in another war so they won't honor the call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

This just in: The Saurus in favor of SA and Iran getting nukes!

Give everyone in the Middle East nukes and we'll finally have peace in the region

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

AceRimmer posted:

How the gently caress is Saudi Arabia supposed to take over Israel exactly? :psyduck:

No us military hegemony, no more UN, a lot more regional conflicts is hardly stretching the truth. That's before you even get into who actually wants Israel it was just a quick example of how Saudi Arabia could be much worse.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Joementum posted:

Fabricate on Sinai and wait for the US to be in another war so they won't honor the call.

lol

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

:perfect:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I don't see a Russia or China backed Saudi Arabia invading a US-backed Israel, the_paradigm_shift.

I mean invading Israel doesn't usually work out too great for the muslims.

You know the United States can still project a YUGE amount of force anywhere in the world with a fraction of the overseas bases they currently have.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

death to Israel

TRUMP

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

babypolis posted:

the saurus has already decided his feverish vision of trump is real and not amount of reality will change his stupid rear end mind

I suspect you don't know the future any more than Saugus but he's a lot more entertaining.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Saurus posted:

I don't see a Russia or China backed Saudi Arabia invading a US-backed Israel, the_paradigm_shift.

I mean invading Israel doesn't usually work out too great for the muslims.

You know the United States can still project force anywhere in the world within a few days with a fraction of the overseas bases they currently have.

I didn't say it would and I'm also not saying us military power is directly preventing ww3 or anything like that. You act like this gap wouldn't just be filled by various countries with interests in the region. Then we no longer have any pressure we can hope to leverage other than a threat of invasion every time. I don't much care for having to work with despots either but if we ignore them they're just going to find other partners.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you gotta read less tom clancys

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

the_paradigm_shift posted:

No us military hegemony, no more UN, a lot more regional conflicts is hardly stretching the truth. That's before you even get into who actually wants Israel it was just a quick example of how Saudi Arabia could be much worse.

:raise:

And I'm pretty certain Trump isn't going to lead to "no US military hegemony"

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Al! posted:

you gotta read less tom clancys

Er, this isn't Clancy stuff

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

People would genuinely rather have a white trash, liberal reality star than a principled, conservative senator as president. Screw you, GOP. ✌🏼️

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
The next debate is going to be Cruz v Trump with Kasich as garnish

good lord

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Saurus posted:

:raise:

And I'm pretty certain Trump isn't going to lead to "no US military hegemony"

I hope he doesn't bring our precarious system of bribes and money spent by soldiers at military bases to placate allies crashing down around us by shutting a bunch of bases down but that seems to be what you want

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Joementum posted:

TPS vassalizes minors and has them pay him 0.00 gold per month

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yes. Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

2020 is going to be loving boring if we cash out on the GOP exploding all in one cycle

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

EngineerSean posted:

I suspect you don't know the future any more than Saugus but he's a lot more entertaining.

if you wanna see idiots running their mouths there are plenty of places where you can do that

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Joementum posted:

Seriously Joementum, which establishment shill are you?

Keep telling yourself there's a chance Trump won't get the nom buddy.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Joementum posted:

Paul Ryan becoming the nominee at a contested convention would be some real hilarious alt-House of Cards bullshit where he decides to go long knives against Romney and the establishment after being denied VP and engineers his way up through increasingly unlikely schemes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also worth mentioning:

Polling from earlier found that 1/3 of GOP voters would consider third party if Trump got the nom

I think it's safe to assume that Trumpians would vote for the Trumpublicans if he ran third party

No matter what, that's 1/3 of their base actively searching for anybody else to vote for

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

"None of the Above" is going to be the republican nominee

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Saurus posted:

THE MUSLIMS

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Someone tell Trump to not take any car rides with Ryan just in case

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/709941293477195776

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Epic High Five posted:

2020 is going to be loving boring if we cash out on the GOP exploding all in one cycle

lol @ assuming there will be an election in 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

quadrophrenic posted:

lol @ assuming there will be an election in 2020

Obama's third term begins in 2020

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm sure this has been said a few times, but who the hell could have predicted at the beginning of this election that Kasich would be the last establishment candidate standing?

I did :)

Edit: well not at the beginning i guess

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

I'm looking forward to being able to call them mahometans again like in my 200 year old history books

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015
Don't know if this thread has pointed it out, but the temporal primary one has not: the Northern Marianas have shattered the "ceiling theory" on Trump that he can only get (30/40/45/50)% of the vote with a truly unity-inspiring 73%. The party has chosen.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Well I guess after tonight the remaining moderates in the GOP are left with a choice between the guy nobody likes, the guy everybody hates, and the guy nobody knows.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/709503942657511424

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This guy on MSNBC said Rubio had hundreds of unbound delegates. What?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

How gracious in victory is our Trump! For he has no longer called him Little Marco Rubio.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What's the delegate breakdown going to look like for Missouri if the current percentages hold?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Josh Lyman posted:

He said that Rubio's ~150 delegates are now unbound. He is wrong about this. They are bound to vote for Rubio on the first ballot.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I'm not seeing a lot of facing to bloodshed in the GOP.

Why aren't they facing to bloodshed? Trump is clearly the nominee. Even MO is likely to break out massively in his favor delegate wise.

Cruz's "we're the only campaign that's beaten Trump" just comes across as so much Baghdad Bobism anymore.

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Josh Lyman posted:

Could be lovely phrasing. Rubio had several hundred delegates which, depending on state rules, are either unbound, bound to another candidate based on secret ballot of those delegates, reallocated as if Rubio had not been on the ballot, or remain bound to him.

• Locked thread