Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sundowner posted:

i'm down to record some samples tomorrow, do you have any particular dialog material and/or idea for the direction of BARK BARKTONA's voice :allears:

Go all "Christian Bale as Batman with a speech impediment". Fidelitous rendition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

trucutru posted:

You're supposed to troll en passant but only if you haven't yet moved your lesser troll account. Otherwise, a Caro–Kann or Sicilian Defence is advised.

But the Sicilian Defense only works if the trollee has higher moral ground...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

fuctifino posted:

It needed bigger :pgabz:

How about

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah when you put it like that

Dunno. Unlike any CIG videos, I watched that all the way through. So, keep it up if you want, :pgabz:...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuctifino posted:

I had to skip a few of the 380 unread posts, but am I right in thinking that Derek still doesn't realise that he was being twitter trolled by a goon in this very thread? And that he wasn't aware of this because he had ravane blocked?

If so.... :five: :yarg:

no. here's why

quote:

It wasn't a Stolen Valor issue. Also, little known fact: I have several family members and friends in the military, and other govt. agencies

Anyway...

Someone posted here a Tweet to Sandi, after one of her stupid-as-poo poo Tweets. A reply was from someone claiming to be a Vietnam vet, congratulating her.

Since it looked suspicious (he referred to Sandi as "young"; which set off all the alarm bells in my chest), I wanted to check to make sure he was in fact a vet *before* I responded to a Tweet he was part of.

Then I checked the Twitter profile and saw clues about "daughters" creating his Twitter account; he's learning etc. At this point, the alarm bells in my torso were already going off.

Next I checked his followers and those he followed

Then I checked his online exposure

At that point, the warning bells on the balls of my feet were already making my legs twitch.

Then I checked the only online dB I know which has these records. It was now behind a paywall. And as I had started to suspect it was a dummy account, I wanted to find out how far down the rabbit hole the conspiracy went. How remarkable would it have been if in fact a dummy account, with adulation (like so many in their feeds) was traced back to them? That's like a Platinum mine of hilarity that's worth at least 50 pages here.

Not wanting to waste money, seeing as I already came to the conclusion that it was a dummy (a troll account didn't occur to me at the time btw) account, I decided to call up someone who does this stuff for a living. Just to make sure.

The results? Confirmed kill.

Then I posted the Tweets here

Then someone made the connection with the Twitter account image by posting an article with that same person's picture on it. And that was additional proof that I was right; and that the account - and the claim of being a war vet - were bogus.

Then someone excerpted a reply showing that some annoying (I too have limits) poo poo, Ravane, who I had blocked (here on SA) weeks back, claimed he was behind the account.

Meanwhile, I was already having an exchange on Twitter with the twerp (that would be Ravane, who foolishly burned a well-seeded troll account) who had chosen - of his own volition - to burn his account by Tweeting nonsensical rubbish to me, which clearly show he was behind a troll account.

The account was now a confirmed troll. Essentially, burned.

During all this, the utterly clueless SpazSpergs camping out in /r/Derek Smart/ were having a field day with self-owning bullshit that you couldn't make up even if you were high, and jacking off on a train to the Sound Of Music audio track.

The End.

ps: Again, something related to Star Citizen, in this case Sandi being trolled, ends up being good for about 25+ pages of unbridled hilarity. BONUS: proving once again that the kind of saps over on /r/Derek Smart/ are the special kind that having been separated from their money, didn't have much to lose in the first place, seeing as they were already senseless morons ripe for the fleecing.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

Derek you just experienced first hand why it's self defeating to put someone on ignore. At first you took it to be an SC shill like any of us would but then you missed the reveal that it was just a goon troll and kept wasting time dealing with it like you would with a real SC shill. It OK, it happened. You should have owned it and if you were Smart, taken everyone out of ignore. At this point the best you can do is pretend it never happened and never acknowledge it again, trying to double class a puppet_master/roll_with_the_punches combo is a noble effort but it's not getting any traction.
Know when to cut your losses.

As an AI programmer, I have to say that your logic is patently flawed. Here's why...

If he is on ignore (essentially blocked), that doesn't negate the events leading up to him causing me to burn his Twitter troll account.

And in no way shape or form, did he post here (I checked) and said "Hey, that Twitter account is mine! I'm totally trolling Sandi".

So it's largely irrelevant whether or not I was oblivious to the fact that he was trolling Sandi because he wasn't trolling me. And he had no clue that I would pursue the angle that I did because it wasn't something I announced beforehand. I just did it. Then posted the Twitter messages after the fact.

He chose to out himself and burn his troll account. And by the time he got around to stepping up the ludicrousness of the gag, it was already boring, lost steam, and out of my "lol zone". Which is why I then blocked him on Twitter since the mission was already accomplished.

You all can stick with the revisionist history all you want, but it simply won't change the logic and facts.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

D_Smart posted:

Then someone excerpted a reply showing that some annoying (I too have limits) poo poo, Ravane, who I had blocked (here on SA) weeks back, claimed he was behind the account.

Meanwhile, I was already having an exchange on Twitter with the twerp (that would be Ravane, who foolishly burned a well-seeded troll account) who had chosen - of his own volition - to burn his account by Tweeting nonsensical rubbish to me, which clearly show he was behind a troll account.

I just want to say that leonard was burned after two tweets because Derek had the insatiable need to prove Lenny wasn't a war vet and then decided to call him out on it. Not sure how low-key you can be after that, haha. But sure, blame me Derek. :laugh:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

As an AI programmer, I have to say that your logic is patently flawed. Here's why...

If he is on ignore (essentially blocked), that doesn't negate the events leading up to him causing me to burn his Twitter troll account.

And in no way shape or form, did he post here (I checked) and said "Hey, that Twitter account is mine! I'm totally trolling Sandi".

So it's largely irrelevant whether or not I was oblivious to the fact that he was trolling Sandi because he wasn't trolling me. And he had no clue that I would pursue the angle that I did because it wasn't something I announced beforehand. I just did it. Then posted the Twitter messages after the fact.

He chose to out himself and burn his troll account. And by the time he got around to stepping up the ludicrousness of the gag, it was already boring, lost steam, and out of my "lol zone". Which is why I then blocked him on Twitter since the mission was already accomplished.

You all can stick with the revisionist history all you want, but it simply won't change the logic and facts.

:ughh:

and just :lol: at the Internet Warlord that has to put people on ignore

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

D_Smart posted:

You all can stick with the revisionist history all you want
Thanks for writing the revisionist history Uncle Derek.

D_Smart posted:

but it simply won't change the logic and facts.

:agreed:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i hope to chris that cig does something dumb soon

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=168914&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post457430791

i am pretty sure that this is him clearly saying "yes this is me":

Ravane posted:

It's actually me

so maybe check again

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The only people I ignore are Seraph alts. I don't even ignore the really terrible people because sometimes they're funny to watch and it's only worth ignoring when they stop being funny.

But seriously derek, go and click those Ravane posts to unblock them. Starting from the post right before you outed Skinly on twitter. It's not about right or wrong, it's just to clear up what's so funny about the situation.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

starkebn posted:

you've got to have pretty thin skin to block someone on this forum

Nothing to do with that. I have limits to how much fuckeries I can entertain.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ash1138 posted:

i hope to chris that cig does something dumb soon

rest assured its in the post

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alf_pogs posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=168914&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post457430791

i am pretty sure that this is him clearly saying "yes this is me":

so maybe check again

Pay attention: That was AFTER THE FACT. And THAT was the POINT. I didn't engage in my efforts to find the person behind the account AFTER he had declared that it was HIS.

*sheesh*

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Nothing to do with that. I have limits to how much fuckeries I can entertain.

You've created, what, 20 pages of unnecessary white noise and backtracking. There are limits to how much fuckeries we can entertain too.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

You've created, what, 20 pages of unnecessary white noise and backtracking. There are limits to how much fuckeries we can entertain too.

at the start of the year i would have agreed but thanks to this thread, part of me wonders if this is true anymore

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

at the start of the year i would have agreed but thanks to this thread, part of me wonders if this is true anymore

Now you come to say it, I think you might actually be right. lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuctifino posted:

Ignoring facts, while positing that the veracity of facts is "backtracking", is the hallmark of a coward. And a fool.

So here, I'll post it again.

quote:

It wasn't a Stolen Valor issue. Also, little known fact: I have several family members and friends in the military, and other govt. agencies

Anyway...

Someone posted here a Tweet to Sandi, after one of her stupid-as-poo poo Tweets. A reply was from someone claiming to be a Vietnam vet, congratulating her.

Since it looked suspicious (he referred to Sandi as "young"; which set off all the alarm bells in my chest), I wanted to check to make sure he was in fact a vet *before* I responded to a Tweet he was part of.

Then I checked the Twitter profile and saw clues about "daughters" creating his Twitter account; he's learning etc. At this point, the alarm bells in my torso were already going off.

Next I checked his followers and those he followed

Then I checked his online exposure

At that point, the warning bells on the balls of my feet were already making my legs twitch.

Then I checked the only online dB I know which has these records. It was now behind a paywall. And as I had started to suspect it was a dummy account, I wanted to find out how far down the rabbit hole the conspiracy went. How remarkable would it have been if in fact a dummy account, with adulation (like so many in their feeds) was traced back to them? That's like a Platinum mine of hilarity that's worth at least 50 pages here.

Not wanting to waste money, seeing as I already came to the conclusion that it was a dummy (a troll account didn't occur to me at the time btw) account, I decided to call up someone who does this stuff for a living. Just to make sure.

The results? Confirmed kill.

Then I posted the Tweets here

Then someone made the connection with the Twitter account image by posting an article with that same person's picture on it. And that was additional proof that I was right; and that the account - and the claim of being a war vet - were bogus.

During all this, the utterly clueless SpazSpergs camping out in /r/Derek Smart/ were having a field day with self-owning bullshit that you couldn't make up even if you were high, and jacking off on a train to the Sound Of Music audio track.

The End.

ps: Again, something related to Star Citizen, in this case Sandi being trolled, ends up being good for about 25+ pages of unbridled hilarity. BONUS: proving once again that the kind of saps over on /r/Derek Smart/ are the special kind that having been separated from their money, didn't have much to lose in the first place, seeing as they were already senseless morons ripe for the fleecing.

Note that NONE of the above has ANYTHING to do with Ravane being ignored/blocked. He declared ownership of the account AFTER the fact. There is NO changing that.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

lol

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

D_Smart posted:

Ignoring facts, while positing that the veracity of facts is "backtracking", is the hallmark of a coward. And a fool.

So here, I'll post it again.

Note that NONE of the above has ANYTHING to do with Ravane being ignored/blocked. He declared ownership of the account AFTER the fact. There is NO changing that.

Yeah, that's my bad, I should have declared ownership before trolling Sandi, that would have been the low-key way to go, even though the pay-wall is down and all. And I should have predicted that Derek would attempt to discredit my fake account publicly. This is my bad, y'all.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ravane posted:

Yeah, that's my bad, I should have declared ownership before trolling Sandi, that would have been the low-key way to go, even though the pay-wall is down and all. And I should have predicted that Derek would attempt to discredit my fake account publicly. This is my bad, y'all.

protocol dictates that all troll accounts are announced in here prior to execution, GOD drat IT surely lowtax will redact your platinum rights for this misstep

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Keep walking back LTI being an actual thing.

If you spend hundreds of dollars on a non-LTI ship and you forget to insure it when it runs out, you are not going to lose it lmao.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Guys I'm stuck in a well. Should I dig down? I'm gonna dig down.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Derek please stop fighting the fake Viet vet

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

jaegerx posted:

Guys I'm stuck in a well. Should I dig down? I'm gonna dig down.

no, dig up, stupid!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Best jump to last page click I've ever had.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

alf_pogs posted:

protocol dictates that all troll accounts are announced in here prior to execution, GOD drat IT surely lowtax will redact your platinum rights for this misstep

Jokes on him, I don't have platinum rights. :smuggo: He'll have to grant them to me, then take them away! :laugh:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Have you ever programmed an AI that covers its ears and runs around screaming "I didn't self-own myself. I. DID. NOT!"

Because there are all types of AI and I want to make sure you have worked on the proper ones.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

sometimes if i wonder if the world would be better off if i had never posted that screencap of Ravane's troll tweet

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
stop shilling for dmart goons

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tokamak posted:

Keep walking back LTI being an actual thing.

If you spend hundreds of dollars on a non-LTI ship and you forget to insure it when it runs out, you are not going to lose it lmao.

It's nice to see the replies directly following that to be 90% negative

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Happy Sisyphus posted:

sometimes if i wonder if the world would be better off if i had never posted that screencap of Ravane's troll tweet

I had fun. :)

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

I was going to hope it might be a Patek Phillipe or something equally ludicrous.

I really don't want to watch the drat video just to grab a good frame , I'm afraid I'll catch whatever brain disorder he has

Croberts is wearing a:
http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/portugieser/IW3714/

It hit me just as i was about to fall asleep.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Two years ago he was wearing a:
http://kristiankiel.com/automatic-movement/challenger-automatic/

Nice upgrade. $600 => $6000.
I applaud the evolution of his taste, tho, Portugieser is one heck of a watch.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Strange that he's spending so much on watches but can't deliver his game on time.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

orcinus posted:

Croberts is wearing a:
http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/portugieser/IW3714/

It hit me just as i was about to fall asleep.

Yeah it's not super over the top, but still wearing a $10k watch on camera might be a bit smug to some

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I didn't engage in my efforts to find the person behind the account AFTER he had declared that it was HIS.

My loving lol-ometer just broke.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SmartDad I love you but just shut up and wear your self own with dignity. You're approaching Sarsa levels of retarded, here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

• Locked thread