Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

many games of dota are won and lost during the opening stare down phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Been playing moo2 again and I forgot how long the battles take after the game has gone for a bit.

----------------

9hotonic

(after hearing the library has games , i arrive at the front desk, disguised as a non-gamer)

"er.. im here for some.. book's"

Awesome! posted:

many games of dota are won and lost during the opening stare down phase

you think this is all fun and games but dota staring is serious business. if you get stunned and have to blink, boom, your lane just got dominated. don't underestimate stairs.

Scaly Haylie

i've been playing a lot of guild wars 2 lately, it's very cool and good and doesn't stress me out like other MMOs.

Shaquin

Lizard Wizard posted:

i've been playing a lot of guild wars 2 lately, it's very cool and good and doesn't stress me out like other MMOs.

it's really very good but I wish they would let me pay them a flat fee every month for some QoL stuff like infinite transmogging or whatever. maybe cut down on the three thousand currency types as well

FAT32 SHAMER

I've been playing the original GBA Fire Emblem and also Fire Emblem Awakening and both are cool and good. actually I've been playing a few GBA games on my GameBoy Player for my GameCube. here's a picture of one with my dog

I promise I'm not a weeaboo

I also started playing wow and at first I thought it was boring but it is starting to grow on me which may be a good or bad thing

also lots of hearthstone

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Tusen Takk posted:

dont start playing wow now. thats like picking up smoking in your 40s

FAT32 SHAMER

Awesome! posted:

dont start playing wow now. thats like picking up smoking in your 40s

i did not choose this avatar i promise!!!

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Tusen Takk posted:

I've been playing the original GBA Fire Emblem and also Fire Emblem Awakening and both are cool and good. actually I've been playing a few GBA games on my GameBoy Player for my GameCube. here's a picture of one with my dog

I also started playing wow and at first I thought it was boring but it is starting to grow on me which may be a good or bad thing

also lots of hearthstone

i'm so jealous of japanese box art

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Shaquin
wow is a bad game and i dont even know how you could get into it fresh now but warcraft is so embedded in my brain from childhood i hear an orc voice and get the actual bloodlust effect coursing through my gamer nodes and this is how blizzard has annually extracted roughly 80 dollars a year from me since 2004

Moola

Shaquin posted:

wow is a bad game and i dont even know how you could get into it fresh now but warcraft is so embedded in my brain from childhood i hear an orc voice and get the actual bloodlust effect coursing through my gamer nodes and this is how blizzard has annually extracted roughly 80 dollars a year from me since 2004

I think a lot of people get into it now because people like you and me make them play it with them tbh

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I just hang out with friends when I downloaded it again after years of not playing it. it's like a chat program with moving emojis.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Shaquin
that was my last serious investment of time was circa cataclysm and getting a good buddy into it. it felt almost vampiric because of how fatigued of the game i was at that point but the experience of riding along for someones first trip through giving me those new game feels.

Shaquin
the worst vampire, mmo enablercula

Moola

Chill la Chill posted:

I just hang out with friends when I downloaded it again after years of not playing it. it's like a chat program with moving emojis.

I only play sometimes for the pretty dress up

Scaly Haylie

Tusen Takk posted:

also lots of hearthstone

play gw2 with us please. it's like wow but it respects you.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 11, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER

Moola posted:

I think a lot of people get into it now because people like you and me make them play it with them tbh
yeah it's this

Lizard Wizard posted:

play gw2 with us please. it's like wow but it respects you.

okay I'll check it out tomorrow

full disclosure I can't afford a monthly sub right now so that's why I've been playing a lot of ftp games and old games that I've haven't played in forever and have had for longer :3:

Scaly Haylie

gw2 is good for that. there are a fair few QOL upgrades and fashion items behind gem transactions (also strictions on free accounts, meaning players who haven't bought the expansion), but there's a gold <-> gems exchange so, if you put your mind to it, you can buy fancy stuff without paying real money.

not always the quickest though :v:

FAT32 SHAMER

eh I got time, my exam that I was studying for was converted to a take home coding exam so there went me studying all day tomorrow

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lizard Wizard posted:

gw2 is the most chill mmo there is

too chill in fact

FAT32 SHAMER

okay i am setting up GW2 right now

are there a shitload of different servers/realms like wow? which one are you guys on

Scaly Haylie

Tusen Takk posted:

okay i am setting up GW2 right now

are there a shitload of different servers/realms like wow? which one are you guys on

well here's the thing - gw2 uses megaservers, which is a big fancy buzzword way of saying you intermingle in zones with people from other servers anyway. if that makes sense. the only thing your choice of server matters for is WvW (world vs world) pvp, and you probably don't care a whole lot about that unless you know a bunch of people who already play anyway.

that having been said, look into joining goon squad, which in my experience is the more casual and chill of the two goon guilds available

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
got the adapter yesterday and the controller today! :peanut:

----------------

Pro Target

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbxQ8kBlOJ8 this game still rules

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

http://webmshare.com/play/1Rxmg

e: used to play osu when i couldn't sleep.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 12, 2016

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

Nintendo is weird because I only have a Gamecube to play Gameboy/Gameboy Colour/Gameboy Advance games on a TV, I mostly have a Wii to play Gamecube games through component video (because it was cheaper than the Gamecube component video adapter cable), and I want a WiiYoo so I can play Wii games on it through HDMI.

3D Megadoodoo

Tusen Takk posted:

i did not choose this avatar i promise!!!

why do you keep lying :(

Moola

Lastgirl posted:

gw2 is the most chill mmo there is

too chill in fact

this is all you need to know about gw2 tbh

3D Megadoodoo

Halo is so much fun when you use tactics. I'm just worried the flood is going to appear again because they don't really care about tactics.

Halo = good game

bacalou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukSL9owsbU

streamed some dark souls 2 earlier and figured i'd edit and upload some of the captured footage. gotta figure out if i can save at a higher video bitrate then i stream at

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone else playing grim dawn on veteran difficulty? nearly level 25 nightblade

e: im thinking about changing classes

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 15, 2016

----------------

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yobgoblin posted:

anyone else playing grim dawn on veteran difficulty? nearly level 25 nightblade

e: im thinking about changing classes

I'm playing it on whatever the first difficulty is as a Stormcaller. Running around lightninging everything is fun. We should play sometime yoggo!

deep dish peat moss

I can't play any video game except Fire Emblem right now but I'm 2/3 of the way done... the Valla campaign is going to be hard though and I bumped up the difficulty to Hard as well. Yikes!

Macnult

I downloaded The Last of Us back on to my PS4 after remembering that I never played through the Left Behind storyline. What a good game.
The multiplayer isn't too bad either.

Moola

nvm no cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBICLteuQs8

Salmiakki

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

3D Megadoodoo

I forgot. That even the lowliest license test in Gran Turismo is hell of harder than winning any actual race :negative:

For that, I give the game a score of 0/100.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Gran turismo is much more fun if you're using a good wheel and pedals.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss